Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:25:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220961 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 12:16:33 AM

I think they hate it, because the most (not all) terrorists attacks with dozens of deads where muslims.

But i dont think that a lot of people hate the islam or muslims, but that muslims people perceive it so.
Because when a terrorist attack happend (with muslims), all news stations show it about days.

How you can say that they all are muslims  or most of them are muslims....
Let me clear you......Terrorists have no religion....

And if i say all terrorists belongs to your religion...?? Then what is your thinking..?

Isn't strange??

www.thereligionofpeace.com

Ramadan Bombathon
 2015 Scorecard  

Day 9

Terror Attacks - 87

Dead bodies so far - 672

"Islam is the world's number one producer of severed heads,
as the people of France are discovering this weekend. "

This site didnt worjk...??

Give a link again....?

This site is not working and Muslims are not terrorists dear....these all are just terrorist ...they have no religion...
If the site did not work, then someone upstream of you in your Wahibbi Controller Division does not want you to see that site.

Please use only one account at Bitcointalk.  And remember, it is Ramadan - so be truthful in what you say.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 05:22:52 AM

I think they hate it, because the most (not all) terrorists attacks with dozens of deads where muslims.

But i dont think that a lot of people hate the islam or muslims, but that muslims people perceive it so.
Because when a terrorist attack happend (with muslims), all news stations show it about days.

How you can say that they all are muslims  or most of them are muslims....

And if i say all terrorists belongs to your religion...?? Then what is your thinking..?

Isn't strange??

Ramadan Bombathon
 2015 Scorecard 

Day 9

Terror Attacks - 87

Dead bodies so far - 672

Give a link again....?

This site is not working and Muslims are not terrorists dear....these all are just terrorist ...they have no religion...

Link works just fine on three devices over two networks.

Terrorism is a term that is overused and has come to mean whatever the speaker wants it to mean. I prefer the term guerilla or 4th generation warfare, as they are more accurate. But the first "official" definition I heard is using violence at a low level to make people afraid and to destabilize an existing government by making people doubt and lose faith in their government.

In the modern world, the term is overused, as I noted. But the above does work in this. And whether or not a Terrorist claims Allah, Jehovah, The Trees, or anything they choose, it means little. That being said, at this time in history, the guerillas doing the most harm in the most places claim Allah as their inspiration. Further, well respected Islamic scholars and leaders OPENLY praise them for this behaviour. Saying that this does not happen actually lends less credibility to the argument of sectarianism or "not true Muslims" that keeps being bandied about.

there is a long standing trope that more men have died in the name of god(s) than any other cause. I don't think this is true, but the body count for the major religions is HUGE.

Please note, that while this thread deals primarily with Islam, I, Personally, am an atheist, and have more of a fight with Christianity, as it was the background of MY youth, and my own problems. I have known a great many muslims in my life, and just like Christians, most of them were decent people, in spite of their religion.

But I should like you to think of something. Look to your scriptures, as I have to the Bible. I think you will find that the so-called "extremist", be they Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Democrat, Republican, or whatever, are the ones who most closely adhere to the actual words and precepts of the religion. It's certainly true of Christianity, and unless every single scholar who has attempted translation of the Q'uran was an idiot, it holds true of Islam as well.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:33:55 PM

Islam is not a new religion, but the same truth that God revealed through all His prophets to every people. For a fifth of the world's population, Islam is both a religion and a complete way of life. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the majority have nothing to do with the extremely grave events which have come to be associated with their faith.

People Hate Islam but Islam love people and Islam give a lesson of love, kindness  and peace They all hate Islam due to their biased thinking.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:42:14 PM

Islam is not a new religion, but the same truth that God revealed through all His prophets to every people. For a fifth of the world's population, Islam is both a religion and a complete way of life. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the majority have nothing to do with the extremely grave events which have come to be associated with their faith.

People Hate Islam but Islam love people and Islam give a lesson of love, kindness  and peace They all hate Islam due to their biased thinking.

Is the Muslim Brotherhood Muslim?

Was Sayyad Qutb Muslim?

It's Ramadan, so please be honest in replying.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 06:53:21 PM

That silly, how would you possibly know that?
Anyone can make up their own religion, like ISIS have for example.
Also, there is no rule anywhere stating a religion must embrace good.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 10:18:30 PM

Isn't strange??

Ramadan Bombathon
 2015 Scorecard 

Day 9

Terror Attacks - 87

Dead bodies so far - 672

Give a link again....?

The link works perfectly.
Also could you check post #2 on this thread and give us a feedback?
Thank you.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 01:52:02 AM

The link works perfectly.
Also could you check post #2 on this thread and give us a feedback?
Thank you.

No, the website www.thereligionofpeace.com most certainly could be blocked in certain places of the world, where they did not want the sheeple to know such things.

A proxy run around would be nice.

But, then, maybe people in such places are sufficiently brainwashed they wouldn't care anyway.
GregH37
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 07:32:18 AM

Was Sayyad Qutb Muslim?

Sayyid Qutb (/ˈkuːtəb/[2] or /ˈkʌtəb/; Egyptian Arabic pronunciation: [ˈsæjjed ˈʔotˤb], Arabic: [ˈsæjjɪd ˈqʊtˤb]; Arabic: سيد قطب‎ Sayyid Quṭb; also spelled Said, Syed, Seyyid, Sayid, Sayed, Koteb, Qutub, Kotb, Kutb; 9 October 1906 – 29 August 1966) was an Egyptian author, educator, Islamic theorist, poet, and the leading member of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood in the 1950s and 1960s. In 1966 he was convicted of plotting the assassination of Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser and was executed by hanging.

Author of 24 books, including novels, literary arts critique and works on education, he is best known in the Muslim world for his work on what he believed to be the social and political role of Islam, particularly in his books Social Justice and Ma'alim fi al-Tariq (Milestones). His magnum opus, Fi Zilal al-Quran (In the Shade of the Qur'an), is a 30-volume commentary on the Quran.

During most of his life, Qutb's inner circle mainly consisted of influential politicians, intellectuals, poets and literary figures, both of his age and of the preceding generation. By the mid-1940s, many of his writings were officially among the curricula of schools, colleges and universities.[3]

Even though most of his observations and criticism were leveled at the Muslim world, Qutb is also known for his intense disapproval of the society and culture of the United States,[4][5] which he saw as obsessed with materialism, violence, and sexual pleasures.[6] Views on Qutb vary widely. He has been described by followers as a great thinker and martyr for Islam,[7][8] while many Western observers see him as a key originator of Islamist ideology.[9] Others in the West believe Qutb is an inspiration for violent groups such as al-Qaeda.[10][11][12][13] Today, his supporters are identified as Qutbists[14] or "Qutbi" (by their opponents, not by themselves).[15]
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:16:58 AM

Lead being the bad guys for many years, that's what interests the powerful people think.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 11:39:30 AM

No, the website www.thereligionofpeace.com
 -snip-

That site, like I said earlier, have many false stories and many of the verses they quoted and extended are actually out of context and some of the explanation they give are not what the verses tells. They can give such explanations because some of the verses are trimmed and they only publish that version to support their claims. They completely ignore grammars. I am not telling you to completely avoid that site, I also read it but just don't believe it blindly and also if you read that site first, other research of yours will be influenced by it resulting in bad views all time.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:57:55 PM

Was Sayyad Qutb Muslim?

Sayyid Qutb (/ˈkuːtəb/[2] or /ˈkʌtəb/; Egyptian Arabic pronunciation: [ˈsæjjed ˈʔotˤb], Arabic: [ˈsæjjɪd ˈqʊtˤb]; Arabic: سيد قطب‎ Sayyid Quṭb; also spelled Said, Syed, Seyyid, Sayid, Sayed, Koteb, Qutub, Kotb, Kutb; 9 October 1906 – 29 August 1966) was an Egyptian author, educator, Islamic theorist, poet, and the leading member of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood in the 1950s and 1960s. In 1966 he was convicted of plotting the assassination of Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser and was executed by hanging.

Author of 24 books, including novels, literary arts critique and works on education, he is best known in the Muslim world for his work on what he believed to be the social and political role of Islam, particularly in his books Social Justice and Ma'alim fi al-Tariq (Milestones). His magnum opus, Fi Zilal al-Quran (In the Shade of the Qur'an), is a 30-volume commentary on the Quran.

During most of his life, Qutb's inner circle mainly consisted of influential politicians, intellectuals, poets and literary figures, both of his age and of the preceding generation. By the mid-1940s, many of his writings were officially among the curricula of schools, colleges and universities.[3]

Even though most of his observations and criticism were leveled at the Muslim world, Qutb is also known for his intense disapproval of the society and culture of the United States,[4][5] which he saw as obsessed with materialism, violence, and sexual pleasures.[6] Views on Qutb vary widely. He has been described by followers as a great thinker and martyr for Islam,[7][8] while many Western observers see him as a key originator of Islamist ideology.[9] Others in the West believe Qutb is an inspiration for violent groups such as al-Qaeda.[10][11][12][13] Today, his supporters are identified as Qutbists[14] or "Qutbi" (by their opponents, not by themselves).[15]

Greg, your comments may be helpful to those who do not know who Qutb was.  But that's irrelevant.  You never answered my question.

Was Sayyad Qutb Muslim?

GregH37
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 03:42:13 PM

Was Sayyad Qutb Muslim?

Greg, your comments may be helpful to those who do not know who Qutb was.  But that's irrelevant.  You never answered my question.

Was Sayyad Qutb Muslim?

Sorry spendulus i couldn't get you ??
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:17:24 PM

Was Sayyad Qutb Muslim?

Was Sayyad Qutb Muslim?

Sorry spendulus i couldn't get you ??
I think it's very clear questions.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:26:32 PM

No, the website www.thereligionofpeace.com
 -snip-

That site, like I said earlier, have many false stories and many of the verses they quoted and extended are actually out of context and some of the explanation they give are not what the verses tells. They can give such explanations because some of the verses are trimmed and they only publish that version to support their claims. They completely ignore grammars. I am not telling you to completely avoid that site, I also read it but just don't believe it blindly and also if you read that site first, other research of yours will be influenced by it resulting in bad views all time.
Well maybe if people listened to you first, they would be influenced by you resulting in bad views.  You have made numerous errors of fact and also presented slanted, biased and outright wrong views on these threads numerous times.

In fact, every single thing you have said about www.thereligionofpeace.com applies to you, and things you have said.  However, this type of discussion ignores the fundamental problem, which is "why are we having this discussion."

That is because people in a certain category persistently kill innocent people.  You and I don't do such things.  You'd like to see that group excluded from what you believe is "Islam."

Incidentally, we don't disagree that www.thereligionofpeace.com may have errors or may make statements that one might disagree with.  That's no big deal because it doesn't have an overall theme - seems to me that those posting articles are very different in their beliefs.  

The site is valuable, I believe indispensible, because it tabulates the size and scale of the problem of muslim terrorism.  

Let's take a look at some of the latest treats from the Muslim world.

2015.06.27 (Maiduguri, Nigeria) - Two female suicide bombers murder three people at a leprosy hospital.
2015.06.26 (Mosul, Iraq) - A physician is dragged from his hospital and executed by religious radicals.
2015.06.26 (Ain al-Arab, Syria) - Children are among eighteen more victims found after an Islamic State rampage.
2015.06.26 (Sousse, Tunisia) - Two Islamists massacre thirty-nine innocents with machine-guns at a beach resort popular with foreign tourists.
2015.06.26 (Kobani, Syria) - Over one-hundred more civilians are butchered when the Islamic State overrun a Kurdish town and go 'house to house'.
2015.06.26 (Kuwait City, Kuwait) - Sunni radicals stage a suicide bombing at a Shiite mosque, calling it the 'temple of the rejectionists' and leave over two dozen dead.

Offhand I can't see why blowing up a leprosy hospital is a good, godly, religious kind of thing.  It certainly does make you wonder, though, what goes on in their heads.

I'll let the rest speak for themselves.  Overall, I have learned a considerable amount through these discussions, and I believe I do at this time understand the errors in premises and logical methods that lead a minority of Muslims to devoutly believe in violence.  The extent of denial and ignorance of such things on the part of (obviously) sincere Muslims, such as yourself, was a real shock to me.

These kinds of statements are very naive.

Isn't strange??

But we see them here.  English saying for this is "See no evil/Hear no evil/Do no evil."

PS.  Correction, referencing the phrase it is of Japanese origin, pretty interesting story actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_wise_monkeys
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 05:32:17 PM

In your view, someone who claim he/she is muslim is muslim but in my view, he/she should follow the religion, not just claim it, is muslim.

Could you perhaps link to new sites which proves these incidents? Thank you!

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 05:35:14 PM

In your view, someone who claim he/she is muslim is muslim but in my view, he/she should follow the religion, not just claim it, is muslim.

Let me ask you this.

Had you heard about any of these incidents before this discussion today?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 05:41:35 PM

Let me ask you this.

Yes but not all. I can find about some incidents you listed but not all and that's why, I asked you.

GregH37
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:04:40 PM

Yes i agreed with you @Zakir i told him previously that Islam is Perfect Muslims are not.
If you want to know what is Islam then read the Life Of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 09:37:48 PM

Let me ask you this.

Yes but not all. I can find about some incidents you listed but not all and that's why, I asked you.

Meaning you actually googled for them in the media of the countries?  Otherwise, in asking me, you are just basically trying to get someone else to do your work for you. 

Incidentally, note that the website says right on the front page that details are available on request for all the citings.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 09:40:36 PM

Yes i agreed with you @Zakir i told him previously that Islam is Perfect Muslims are not.
If you want to know what is Islam then read the Life Of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

LOL, here is the problem.  On the open Internet you must deal with people from many, many diverse backgrounds and inclinations.  Circular references to truth ("It's true because Mohammed said it!"  How do you know it's true.  "The Koran says so!") are not a proof of an argument.

They are only a proof to you, of your faith.  They prove nothing to me.

But I'll certainly agree with both you and Zakir that you've got a lot of imperfect Muslims.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: