Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:17:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220961 times)
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:15:21 PM

Slave trade is highly contested in the NT and compared in the same line as other "sins". Ok, labor conditions at the time makes it hard to distinguish slaves and servants, still your quotes makes clear the thin border, NT forbids its followers from provide sex to their boss, something a slave can't. The slave was full property of his owner and must provide whatever he wants.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:22:02 PM

Slave trade is highly contested in the NT and compared in the same line as other "sins". Ok, labor conditions at the time makes it hard to distinguish slaves and servants, still your quotes makes clear the thin border, NT forbids its followers from provide sex to their boss, something a slave can't. The slave was full property of his owner and must provide whatever he wants.

True enough, but also not relevant to my point, which is that Christianity did not forbid slavery. Later, the Christian churches evolved and have since (to their credit) condemned the practice, but that is NOT a biblical doctrine.

I've said many times that most people are good despite their religion, and I stand by that. Religions disprove their divine inspiration by the very fact that they DO evolve.

I got into this cuz the OP caught my eye. I have no particular hatred for Islam, I hate religion in general for the evil it has fostered. Most of the adherents are decent enough people. The radicals who use religion to justify their actions would have another cause or no cause if they didn't have that one. Bad people do bad things. But religion does and has encouraged good people to do bad things. And it sometimes works, because the true believer is going to feel guilt for holding back their hand from an evil act if they think their gods command it.
BlackHawk23

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:37:37 PM

I don't think the people hate Islam. I think people is scared of the unknown. Something about Islam at an occidental's eye can be strange, but it's all about knowledge!  Wink
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:44:55 PM

True enough, but also not relevant to my point, which is that Christianity did not forbid slavery. Later, the Christian churches evolved and have since (to their credit) condemned the practice, but that is NOT a biblical doctrine.

I've said many times that most people are good despite their religion, and I stand by that. Religions disprove their divine inspiration by the very fact that they DO evolve.

I got into this cuz the OP caught my eye. I have no particular hatred for Islam, I hate religion in general for the evil it has fostered. Most of the adherents are decent enough people. The radicals who use religion to justify their actions would have another cause or no cause if they didn't have that one. Bad people do bad things. But religion does and has encouraged good people to do bad things. And it sometimes works, because the true believer is going to feel guilt for holding back their hand from an evil act if they think their gods command it.

Totally agree with it. I feel bad in defend any, my aim is to avoid the usual "this calls for that but the other also does this". So what?! One violent retard doesn't excuse another violent retard.
BlackHawk then get to know Islam...

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:10:21 PM

I personally do not hate Muslims -- I'm Catholic

All I hate are those Islamic Extremists and Jihaddists.
All that bullshit about "killing in the name of Allah" and killing and ambushing for fun.

I've watched videos of them beheading people and playing football with the said heads and UGH. It's not a good sight.

Though, I have many Muslim friends, and we get along real well. As long as we respect each other, it's all good.
In fact, I'm classmates with a Muslim, and we're partners in almost everything.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:37:18 PM

Totally agree with it. I feel bad in defend any, my aim is to avoid the usual "this calls for that but the other also does this". So what?! One violent retard doesn't excuse another violent retard.
BlackHawk then get to know Islam...

Aye. the logical fallacy you reference is "tu qoque" Or "you too" which attempts to justify or deflect by saying, well , you do shit too...

Kind of what I was trying to do here, in fact, was to point out that ALL organized religions do bad shit. I am of the opinion that we could, societally, take the good from all religions and distill it into a basic set of guidelines, dispense with the rest, and be better off.

Those guidelines could be more complex than this, but Bill and Ted's motto is frankly the basis of civil society. "Be excellent to one another". Anything beyond that is details, and anything detracting from that should be discarded as irrelevant and harmful. In my arrogant opinion.
RitzBitzz

Activity: 331

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:00:15 PM

Because of the bad rep its gotten from the press, and lets face it there will always be hate so might is well just ignore it.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:02:49 PM

I believe many people here is confusing "Islam", a fascist ideology disguised as religion, and Muslims, the people who by some reason follows it.

|

|
RitzBitzz

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:08:45 PM

And here we go again with the attempt to make Islam somewhat right because Christianity did this or that.
Let's put this straight: Christianity did NOTHING. Europeans did. Europeans are extremely organized and when aim at some goal go for it in industrial scale.
Islam supports slavery, Christianity doesn't. However in only 3 centuries Europeans got way more slaves than the Muslims in their 14 centuries of slavery.
Islam calls for the extermination of Jews, however Europeans just in 5 years of nazism killed more Jews than all of the Muslim attempts to terminate them combined.

You pay taxes? You're a slave!  Smiley

Everyone is a slave then.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:11:10 PM

Look. Let's say that you were hiking in the mountains when you came upon a hidden valley that nobody had ever visited before. And let's say that all over the floor of the hidden valley were nuggets of gold as big as your fist. What would you do? Would you grab a nugget or two and then set up a legal mining claim as fast as you could? Or would you start digging and panning, just hoping you could get a few specks of gold in your pan, when all around you there were the nuggets?

There's so many Muslims around that it is very easy to hate Islam. I mean, why go looking for some remote, hidden tribe in the jungles of South America so that you can hate their religion? Islam is easy to hate.

Smiley

And why people doesn't hate Hindus? Or Buddhists? They are pretty much as many as Muslims...

Because they don't preach as much as Muslims, and there are no Buddhist-only states

Account recovered 08-12-2019
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:19:38 PM

Because they don't preach as much as Muslims, and there are no Buddhist-only states

They do preach, just don't kill anybody or force to convert. That makes a huge difference!

|

|
awesome31312

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:58:03 PM

They do preach, just don't kill anybody or force to convert. That makes a huge difference!

Not in mass numbers like Muslims though

RitzBitzz

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:12:16 PM

The reason religions preach in mass numbers is because there trying to save those people in there perspective. so there trying to be nice not hateful so if you have a Jehovah's witness come to your house educate yourself before you slam the door on them like the asshole you probably are.
RitzBitzz

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:19:36 PM

Most racism or hate is caused by misunderstanding on both sides.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:50:31 PM

I personally do not hate Muslims -- I'm Catholic

All I hate are those Islamic Extremists and Jihaddists.
All that bullshit about "killing in the name of Allah" and killing and ambushing for fun.

I've watched videos of them beheading people and playing football with the said heads and UGH. It's not a good sight.

Though, I have many Muslim friends, and we get along real well. As long as we respect each other, it's all good.
In fact, I'm classmates with a Muslim, and we're partners in almost everything.
Same here.
awesome31312

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:00:47 PM

The reason religions preach in mass numbers is because there trying to save those people in there perspective. so there trying to be nice not hateful so if you have a Jehovah's witness come to your house educate yourself before you slam the door on them like the asshole you probably are.

They're on private property, it's our first amendment right to slam the door on their faces

RitzBitzz

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:09:11 PM

They're on private property, it's our first amendment right to slam the door on their faces

Yes that is true, but my point is to get some perspective on things before you deny their right of free speech.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:17:06 PM

The worse kind of tyrant is the one believing to be "good" or "saving someone". They torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their conscience.

|

|
awesome31312

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:22:21 PM

The worse kind of tyrant is the one believing to be "good" or "saving someone". They torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their conscience.

That's true, and with no evidence to back it up whatsoever! What a shame!

RitzBitzz

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:29:14 PM

tyrant

n.noun

1.An extremely oppressive, unjust, or cruel ruler.

2.An absolute ruler who governs without restrictions, especially one who seized power illegally.

3.An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person

(said in sarcasm) oh I know someone trying to save you from eternal Dalmatian is such a harsh, oppressive, unjust person Maybe the reason you don't like is because in your subconscious you know your wrong and you don't like other people telling you what you already know?

You got to love how the so called "oppressed" become the oppressors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: