Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VLTY] VolatilityCoin| x15 |POD| ~ A CryptoCoin Index | Bittrex  (Read 97254 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:45:39 AM

Do you have ETA for the features listed and what about whitepaper ?

Some of the eta is on op,  the first step on first 7-8 days and rest of them on first month.(the exchange can take more days).

Most of the description is on op, anyway we are going to release a whitepaper for each step to describe it better.

Spreadsheet updated

Maybe you should consider hosting the ICO on socialxbot automated bot on Twitter. The system handle all the registration and distribution. The btc will be automatically deposited into escrow address and you will get more exposure.

https://socialxbot.com/twitter-bot
https://socialxbot.com/ico
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:02:54 PM

Do you have ETA for the features listed and what about whitepaper ?

Some of the eta is on op,  the first step on first 7-8 days and rest of them on first month.(the exchange can take more days).

Most of the description is on op, anyway we are going to release a whitepaper for each step to describe it better.

Spreadsheet updated

Maybe you should consider hosting the ICO on socialxbot automated bot on Twitter. The system handle all the registration and distribution. The btc will be automatically deposited into escrow address and you will get more exposure.

https://socialxbot.com/twitter-bot
https://socialxbot.com/ico

It would be nice if everyone used the bot but I think it's a little late to incorporate it.

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:03:14 PM

it seems interesting, but nobody can always manipulate the market?
skylys

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:05:29 PM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TNW6zzL34hJddXbX7fT2xD5vCmaRPC56nU65Pjs0DL4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

0.3btc-----------15000VLT?

0.00002 buys 1 VLT

0.3btc=150000
InitialDat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:21:38 PM

Can you show us any screenshots of the work in the making? Smiley
spofas

Activity: 261
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 06:29:32 PM

It's 15k; it's correct.
0.3 / 0.00002 = 15000

JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:05:10 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 07:16:19 PM by JakeThePanda

Ok, do you have a whitepaper or any kind of explanation on how you plan to peg the coin to the volatility index without a liquid crypto derivatives market?  The tracking error is going to be off the charts.
Benjig (OP)

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:08:20 PM

it seems interesting, but nobody can always manipulate the market?

We are trying to minimize the manipulation at minimum with this coin.
Spreadsheet updated
Benjig (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:20:08 PM

Ok, do you have a whitepaper or any kind of explanation on how you plan to peg the coin to the volatility index without a liquid derivatives market in all of the top 20 coins?  The tracking error is going to be off the charts.

We are not going to need liquidity on top 20 coins, it will take the trading data gathered from them and a bot will perform automatic trades in our coin, the liquidity for that is ipo, and if it does not get sold in the majority of it, the future users will be able to use it as well.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:36:41 PM

Ok, do you have a whitepaper or any kind of explanation on how you plan to peg the coin to the volatility index without a liquid derivatives market in all of the top 20 coins?  The tracking error is going to be off the charts.

We are not going to need liquidity on top 20 coins, it will take the trading data gathered from them and a bot will perform automatic trades in our coin, the liquidity for that is ipo, and if it does not get sold in the majority of it, the future users will be able to use it as well.

Ok, do you have a paper on this?  How long do you expect the fund to be liquid enough to maintain a low tracking error? How well will you be able to track at extreme volatility levels, which in crypto, may be often. Won't transactions costs slowly dry up your fund?  You may get it to track temporarily, but long-term is another story.  How will the hundreds of speculators impact the tracking error? I'm just asking questions.
Benjig (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:45:01 PM

Ok, do you have a paper on this?  How long do you expect the fund to be liquid enough to maintain a low tracking error? How well will you be able to track at extreme volatility levels, which in crypto, may be often. Won't transactions costs slowly dry up your fund?  You may get it to track temporarily, but long-term is another story.  I'm just asking questions.

The time we expect for this is around 2 months, at extreme volatility levels supposing for example that bitcoin goes to 2,000 usd we expect a high speculation on our coin raising the VLT price and this cannot be stopped easily but in the other side it will send the coin to higher levels than expected, we expect to get more funds from our own coin, once listed it will keep raising in price while we deliver features, so we are going to buy our coin like everybody else.

Btw we are now just waiting for Coinsource response to finish the POD.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:54:41 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 08:05:29 PM by JakeThePanda

Ok, do you have a paper on this?  How long do you expect the fund to be liquid enough to maintain a low tracking error? How well will you be able to track at extreme volatility levels, which in crypto, may be often. Won't transactions costs slowly dry up your fund?  You may get it to track temporarily, but long-term is another story.  I'm just asking questions.

The time we expect for this is around 2 months, at extreme volatility levels supposing for example that bitcoin goes to 2,000 usd we expect a high speculation on our coin raising the VLT price and this cannot be stopped easily but in the other side it will send the coin to higher levels than expected, we expect to get more funds from our own coin, once listed it will keep raising in price while we deliver features, so we are going to buy our coin like everybody else.

Personally, I don't care about PoD.  I care much more about your explanations.

Don't you expect the price of VLT to go up as volatility goes up?  Usually, but not always, rising prices will lower the volatility index bringing the price of VLT down.  Ie.  When the stock market tanks, the vix usually spikes.  You talked about VLT being a safe haven, so it would work the opposite of what you just said.

Sorry, did you say you were going to calculate implied volatility or historical volatility?
Benjig (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:04:27 PM

Don't you expect the price of VLT to go up as volatility goes up?  Usually, but not always, rising prices will lower the volatility index bringing the price of VLT down.  Ie.  When the stock market tanks, the vix usually spikes.  You talked about VLT being a safe haven, so it would work the opposite of what you just said.

A safe heaven in specific situations as you said and as stated in op, its expecting to act the opposite of most of the market, it cant be a safe heaven all the time, its volatility not a coin pegged to a safe asset which currently not even the gold can be called like that.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:08:46 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2014, 08:40:09 PM by JakeThePanda

A safe heaven in specific situations as you said and as stated in op, its expecting to act the opposite of most of the market, it cant be a safe heaven all the time, its volatility not a coin pegged to a safe asset which currently not even the gold can be called like that.

I was just trying to state that your example was the opposite of how you intend it to work.  Correct, VLT won't and can't be a safe haven.  How are you going to calculate implied volatility without options?  I'm assuming you are calculating historical volatility?  

All that aside, it's not going to track just because you want it to.  You have to force it to track through underlying assets or arb.  Do you have an understanding of why and how an ETF tracks an index or how the VIX ETF tracks the VIX?

I guess it doesn't matter.  I'm a bit skeptical on this.  If VLT is used for volatility tracking then why should anyone buy the ICO?  Do you see value in anyone buying in ICO in a tracking coin?

There are just a number of reasons why this can't work, but I wish you the best.  I will check in after launch.
Benjig (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 08:55:29 PM

I was just trying to state that your example was the opposite of how you intend it to work.  Correct, VLT won't and can't be a safe haven.  How are you going to calculate implied volatility without options?  I'm assuming you are calculating historical volatility?  

All that aside, it's not going to track just because you want it to.  You have to force it to track through underlying assets or arb.  Do you have an understanding of why and how an ETF tracks an index or how the VIX ETF tracks the VIX?

I guess it doesn't matter.  I'm a bit skeptical on this.  If VLT is used for volatility tracking then why should anyone buy the ICO?  Do you see value in anyone buying in ICO in a tracking coin?

There are just a number of reasons why this can't work, but I wish you the best.  I will check in after launch.

Yes we have fully knowledge of how VIX tracks the stock market , and the ico is to have a good initial market cap and not being easily targets of miner dumps and it has very high value from the beginning , the coin will not start tracking with the initial ico price for sure.. thankyou for your comments.
Smokeymar

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:03:20 PM

Yes we have fully knowledge of how VIX tracks the stock market , and the ico is to have a good initial market cap and not being easily targets of miner dumps and it has very high value from the beginning , the coin will not start tracking with the initial ico price for sure.. thankyou for your comments.

But how can we talk about value of your coin when it's supposed to track an index?  The price is supposed to move with an index so the value should go anywhere the volatility index takes it, right?  It doesn't make any sense to me.  The value of your coin will go where the pumpers and dumpers want to take it, so I don't see it tracking anything.  That's it.  Good luck.
Benjig (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:21:09 PM

But how can we talk about value of your coin when it's supposed to track an index?  The price is supposed to move with an index so the value should go anywhere the volatility index takes it, right?  It doesn't make any sense to me.  The value of your coin will go where the pumpers and dumpers want to take it, so I don't see it tracking anything.  That's it.  Good luck.

You are asking only questions that are in op.. feel free to read it otherwise your posts are spam.
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:40:40 PM

https://twitter.com/beyondBTC/status/509528599112589314?lang=fr

What happened here?

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Benjig (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:44:47 PM

he is a fudster, talking about a template in the website, what importance does it have a template in the website?.. the ipo is for a coin not for a website, thankyou for the free ad  Smiley
michaeladair

Activity: 448

I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:47:41 PM

Benjig Requested a simple yet responsive template and he told me not to put a lot of work into it.
So I chose a template that he accepted.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: