Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sold my alts, all in BTC  (Read 11601 times)
InsideBjorn

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:11:48 PM

i will never go fully out of altcoin market because there is a lot of good coins there to but and hold short time for a big profit but now is a very good time to go mostly in bitcoin because of the price rise because of the halving and other things that will happen soon.

Sure you can always have an eye on a few alts, especially after a sell out. I mean who doesn't like to buy bottoms and wait for the next increase to go out with profit.
But now we will see SegWit coming, the latest version of core with some nice features has already been released, probably a functional version of LN in summer, maybe schnoor signatures which will help for scaling as well and of course finally the halving.
So holding your biggest chunk in Bitcoin could be prudent!
It is nice that you are going to all in in BTC and of course the most are hoping that the value of Bitcoin will be more worth but the bad thing is that we cant control it so that is bad.
To go all in  can be also risky because if the value will go fall down you  can lose a lot of money with it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:15:09 PM

when the price of bitcoin increases, usually altcoins prices down. This is a good opportunity for me to buy and hold some nice altcoins.
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:46:41 AM

when the price of bitcoin increases, usually altcoins prices down. This is a good opportunity for me to buy and hold some nice altcoins.

When the price of Ethereum drops to 0.012 bitcoin, I will buy some. It is still be developed actively.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 11:57:55 AM

When the price of Ethereum drops to 0.012 bitcoin, I will buy some. It is still be developed actively.
Really? then count me in guys, I wanna ride with you hope we are in the right path of our journey. Buying altcoins to hold and expect the price to rise is really dangerous but who cares, as long as we can afford to loss then we're good to go on this venture.
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:01:45 PM

i am not yet to all in btc, simply because the altcoin is usually bumped by chinese traders, if you caught a period that chinese trader is bumping the price of altcoin, you will/would gain a lot.
be flexible with those stuff as most of them has their certain potential value. Huh

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:39:39 PM

Really? then count me in guys, I wanna ride with you hope we are in the right path of our journey. Buying altcoins to hold and expect the price to rise is really dangerous but who cares, as long as we can afford to loss then we're good to go on this venture.
yes right it is risky, but we must be smart in choosing the coin that we hold. obviously I will hold ETH quite a lot if the price drops to 0.012, as ETH is very nice coin.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:50:32 PM

LOL if you sold all your alt coins at once then you're not a real trader. You should've waited for the price to go back to how much you bought it (at the very least) or maybe waited longer for a higher price.

If you sold your alt in a lower price than your buying price then you just made yourself lose BTC.

sadasa

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:10:44 PM

Selling altcoin could be a good idea. The bitcoin price will go up quite a lot later this year due to halving.

B2

BitDouble.io

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 02:03:41 AM

You cannae argue with what alts have been up to recently. The volumes have been mind boggling. It is still pure betting at the end of the day but I still have a hand in a couple for a lark.
tiffyroman

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 03:53:22 AM

How do you get alts? Really, I have no idea I just know how to get btc.
I know this isn't probably the right place but this is the most convenient way to know because I know some will give a direct answer. Googling out stuff isn't really that reliable for me since there are a lot of stuff that does not work for others.
sadasa

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:52:08 PM

It seems most altcoin are dropping. The Ethereum dropped below $8. Is that a good buying opportunity?

B2

BitDouble.io

Zitdadast

Activity: 312

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:22:20 AM

It seems most altcoin are dropping. The Ethereum dropped below $8. Is that a good buying opportunity?

Nobody knows. The bitcoin price also dropped from the $468 range to below $440. We need to be patient.
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:28:54 PM

It is nice that you are going to all in with Bitcoin and that can be nice also for you because there are now a lot of people that is still using Bitcoin and it becomes also more popular.
So that is quite nice for the currency and now the most are also hoping that the value will be more so we can sell it with some nice profit with it.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:42:07 PM

I think it's a great opportunity. not always the coin will fall and disappear instantly. there will be time also a coin upward. I still believe there will be time for you to buy all the coins and then a big profit from this transaction.
sadasa

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:28:00 PM

I think it's a great opportunity. not always the coin will fall and disappear instantly. there will be time also a coin upward. I still believe there will be time for you to buy all the coins and then a big profit from this transaction.

If we buy the bitcoin for the long term, the price will always rise. But if you buy the altcoin, you might lose money.

B2

BitDouble.io

Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:50:03 AM

If we buy the bitcoin for the long term, the price will always rise. But if you buy the altcoin, you might lose money.
That is partially true, I still believe that buying altcoins would also give you a good opportunity in the future, although there is a negative image for some of the altcoins which they called as shitcoins but if you look at the bright side, you can millionaire in the future in the price of altcoins you are holding will appreciate its value.
Zitdadast

Activity: 312

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 06:27:10 AM

Most altcoins are just scams. They are designed to extract money from participants. It is better to avoid them.
NewInCryptoCurrency

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:43:27 AM

Bitcoin will be the future and that would be nice but nobody will know how long it will takes until the value will be more and that can takes a long time until the value will be more.
But we have to take the patience for it and just wait and see for what will happen.
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 08:48:35 AM

trading altcoin is highest risk, bt the profit also can be highest profit, some altcoin rise upto 9999% but the price also can be -9999% . i sell my altcoin too, but i have plan to buyback if the price of altcoin fail.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 09:35:32 AM

trading altcoin is highest risk, bt the profit also can be highest profit, some altcoin rise upto 9999% but the price also can be -9999% . i sell my altcoin too, but i have plan to buyback if the price of altcoin fail.

this topic is a little old, by the time of the starting post it seemed like a good idea to go all in with bitcoin (it is still not a bad idea) but as i have also said before i would never go all in anything. and always keep a part on my investment in other things. and altcoins like LTC are the best choice at the moment.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: