Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:04:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sold my alts, all in BTC  (Read 11601 times)
xDan (OP)

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:33:54 PM

Care to elaborate on why BTCD did not make your list?
Me? Haven't really looked at it. I bought most of those alts a while ago, not really keeping up with latest developments. (Part of the reason for my selling.)

I'm not really educated or obsessed enough to speculate on which privacy coin will come out tops. DRK was kind of obvious and (early) cryptonote coins too. But it's all getting a bit saturated now. I'll stick with Bitcoin for the long term, and sure, whichever anon coin takes the crown I may use as a currency at some point. Not going to speculate there though. I don't see any being more than the silver to bitcoin's gold anyway, anonymity/privacy is just not a widely enough desired feature (however much we wish it was). And Bitcoin has CoinJoin, DarkWallet...

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:39:33 PM

Horrible decision IMO...

Now is the time to start buying altcoins (I've been through 2 bubble cycles and I can tell you you're definitely making a mistake)

just today XPM, QRK, DOGE are breaking out on heavy volume

I agree that choosing carefully is the key and i would only recommend sticking to coins that are heavily traded
ReBoRn

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:39:40 PM

You are right in last few days I also watch some alts going very good and positive I was also thinking to sell but now watching all this and then going to decide about this

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:17:51 PM

I'd say most of your holdings should be in Bitcoin if you ask me.  But buy the alternative coins you believe in, they should be bought low and held.  Nice to have a lot of Bitcoin but I find the market to be very unpredictable right now.  I'm thinking things will get better in a few months but it's really hard to know which way we are going in regards to BTC's price, from day to day.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:27:34 AM

One: Bitcoin's hold on total crypto market cap fell to 75% during last year's spike.

Two: most cutting-edge stuff is happening in altcoins. Nxt's SAE is a wonderland -- check Nxttycoin.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:33:42 AM

I have 100% in btc now, alts just too risky and undifferentiated at the moment
With merge mining introduced, might look at doge again though

mathgal23

Activity: 150
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 06:23:19 PM

I recently took a review of my own alt. coin holdings / crypto-currency portfolio.

Here is a list of the more innovative crypto-currency projects and/or digital assets that I personal think stand the best chance of continued recognition and/or long-term adoption / usage by the masses as currency (in some form or another). There are a few others, although these are the ones that I feel matter the most, currently. This is not investment advice... and no I don't personally hold large amounts of all of these alt. coins.

BBR - Boolberry - http://boolberry.com/
BTSX - BitSharesX - http://bitshares-x.info/
CGB - CryptogenicBullion - http://cgb.holdings/
CURE - Curecoin http://curecoin.net/ (EDIT: and Gridcoin)
DRK - Darkcoin - http://www.darkcoin.io/
LTC - Litecoin - https://litecoin.org/
MINT - Mintcoin - http://mintcoin.cc/
MYR - Myriad - http://myriadplatform.org/
NMC - Namecoin - http://namecoin.info/
PPC - Peercoin - http://www.peercoin.net/
XPM - Primecoin - http://primecoin.io/
XST - Stealthcoin - https://www.stealth-coin.com/

Being from the UK - if the launch of Sterlingcoin goes well on the 20th of this month, then that could well be a digital asset to watch.

SLG - Sterlingcoin - http://sterlingcoin.org.uk/

Of those BBR, NMC and XPM (because I like prime numbers) seem the most prosiming
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:34:02 PM

I'm waiting to do the same but I made a "bad" investment sadly and I'm stuck with it until I see a chance to sell. All altcoins are doomed and have no future, don't waste your time on them unless you are a good trader, then if you have some inside info (it's all manipulated) you can make good money.

Bitcoin is not bulletproof of course, but it's the only thing that matters, either we make it or we don't, right now we are in the eye of the hurricane, so let's see how the price behaves in the next months.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 07:43:30 PM

Yes alternative coins weren't what they use to be. I gave up "collecting" them months ago and am strictly on the bitcoin boat.
Good sails up until now. Not regretting selling my monero, darkcoin and litecoins.
They were only really used for experimenting with at first. I didn't put to much work into establishing a good amount of them like I am with bitcoin.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:03:57 PM

Usually when BTC rises, the alts rise more, and as a rule, when BTC fall, the alts devaluate too when compared to BTC,

If you think prices will rise, then you should keep some alts just in case and do less diversification to keep it manageable, if you think prices will fall, the best is sell everything to BTC then sell the BTC and wait
HydroThunder

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:08:04 PM

Usually when BTC rises, the alts rise more, and as a rule, when BTC fall, the alts devaluate too when compared to BTC,

If you think prices will rise, then you should keep some alts just in case and do less diversification to keep it manageable, if you think prices will fall, the best is sell everything to BTC then sell the BTC and wait

This has been my philosophy. I can only speculate it is because people feel BTC is overvalued and go with alts at peaks. But whatever the reason I usually follow this.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:12:18 PM

Nah, unless you are an aggressive day/short trader with inside information that's pointless really. Just keep your BTC and you'll see you won't gain much in that period holding other altcoins, it's just not worthy. Plus keep in mind the amount of time and stress it involves.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:21:02 PM

Keeping track of all different alt coin wallets was annoying Angry And I don't trust exchanges.

I'm ready for liftoff.

Are you?

(of course I had never more than ~5% in alts)

I don't know what kind of alt you owned so cannot judge or give my comment about the "wrong" or the "good" you have made. I personally have at my bitcoin wallet only some thousand satoshi because all my bitcoins are invested. So sell a possible investment to have bitcoin in your wallet if you have possibility to invest those cannot be something good according to me. Bitcoin may be an investment on itself if thought that it is hoped that its value will be increased in time. But have more than this (if it will be so) is twice better. I have invested even in alt and one of those (etherium) is going very well. If go in this way the profits will be considerable. So have sold all your altcoins may have been a wrong choice if in your portfolio has been even etherium. At least this alt that is followed by me. But must be even others.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 11:46:03 PM

Only one alt that interests me and in many important respects is superior to bitcoin is DASH. To be frank I'm mainly in bitcoin because network effect, halving coming up and it is globally known during time of probable economic turbulence which is coming. Bitcoin is resting on its laurels though and is not the best crypto.
Watercooler

Activity: 334

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:44:29 AM

My main investment is also in BTC, I only have about 1 BTC invested in some altcoins to do a little trading
with it. My investments at the moment are in ETH, DASH, XMR, XRP and MAID

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

▓▓▓ BITMIXER.IO ▓▓▓▓▓▓ High Volume Bitcoin MIXER ▓▓▓
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:46:03 AM

My main investment is also in BTC, I only have about 1 BTC invested in some altcoins to do a little trading
with it. My investments at the moment are in ETH, DASH, XMR, XRP and MAID

If think that who trade with altcoins must be always ready to find surprises. I don't think that if you sold your etherium not more than three weeks ago you can have that coins again today or another day (with the same price and not less as you may hoped). So you must tell goodbay to your investment or trading hoped with the bitcoin had from this selling. I don't think that etherium will go back some day to that price. It is already almost three times more. And all this only in three weeks. I think that it would be better to hold such coins and not to try to trade with those. Trading with altcoins, according to me, is to risky to be followed. There are not any kind of rule which the alts follow in their movement of price. So is hard to predict how will be the next future of every of those. Maximum can be told that is waited to be increased because is part of a good platform or project but I don't see the way to predict a possible pump and dump of those.
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 12:24:21 PM

I will keep portion of my alts, they keeping the value of btc for now!
I don't like panic selling , some of those alts could be worth much more!
Maybe i will buy when others sell..
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:03:21 PM

There are some good alts,LTC,DNOTES,DOGE,ETHERUM,DASH.EMER coin has agreement  with MIcrosoft
will be used on Microsoft platform

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:24:43 PM

If you see that every time btc jumps, alts went down.
Time best for buying alts, after few days you can sell those alts again with small profit!
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 03:05:59 PM

If you see that every time btc jumps, alts went down.
Time best for buying alts, after few days you can sell those alts again with small profit!

Alts are just another way to get more bitcoin. In the end they are just addons for bitcoin. I for one would bet on btc first then on alts.
Since alts are replacable, bitcoin isn't
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: