Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:05:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sold my alts, all in BTC  (Read 11601 times)
Gaswuwade

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:17:20 AM

The bitcoin price is quite low at the moment. So it might be a good idea to buy more bitcoin at present.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:20:39 AM

The bitcoin price is quite low at the moment. So it might be a good idea to buy more bitcoin at present.

and some altcoin have biggest potential growing Roll Eyes
you can buying some old altcoin undervalued, then after azzure add it price will be rising to the moon.
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:56:58 AM

you can buying some old altcoin undervalued, then after azzure add it price will be rising to the moon.

Buying old coin thats undervalue has so much risk than buying new alts,when you buy new alt coin you can see profit fast.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:37:16 AM

Buying old coin thats undervalue has so much risk than buying new alts,when you buy new alt coin you can see profit fast.

it doesn't matter if they are old or new. as long as there is enough volume to be considered alive (and not a dead coin) you can find a good old altcoin and buy it low before the rise and sell after that. especially if their price is low like 100 satoshi the rise will give you a good profit.
the new altcoins have more rise and fall but they are more risky also since next fall might be the last of the series.

Only Bitcoin
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 10:57:00 AM

The only altcoins that have any potential:

Monero
Maidsafe
Ethereum
Factom (maybe)

that's about it. The rest are all lotteries and I don't see any fundamental reasons of them going to the moon other than pure luck of holding some in between a whale pump.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:31:40 AM

Monero
Maidsafe
Ethereum
Factom (maybe)

that's about it. The rest are all lotteries and I don't see any fundamental reasons of them going to the moon other than pure luck of holding some in between a whale pump.

i don't agree, decred is bigger than most of those that you mentioned

good coin are decred ethereum and monero, those are the strongest that will probably never die
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 12:10:47 PM

Monero
Maidsafe
Ethereum
Factom (maybe)

it is all about the hype, and microsoft Azure adding them can only create hype that may or may not lead to a pump if there are some pumpers behind it.

also if feel like maidsafe and factom has been a side pump of the project ETH hype and exist in a smaller scale and doesn't really have any real potential.

--looking for signature--
rekinthis

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:32:43 PM

Keeping track of all different alt coin wallets was annoying Angry And I don't trust exchanges.

I'm ready for liftoff.

Are you?

(of course I had never more than ~5% in alts)

I think that it is good idea, it is hard to keep eye on all cryptos, so focusing in bitcoins only will really be good for you, also bitcoin block halving will happen soon so you will win money from that too

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
xDan (OP)

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:42:58 PM

What a completely empty and useless post from a newly born sockpuppet.

I think that it is good idea, it is hard to keep eye on all cryptos, so focusing in bitcoins only will really be good for you, also bitcoin block halving will happen soon so you will win money from that too

ALSO A COMPLETELY USELESS POST. Block halving doesn't guarantee shit. Focussing on Bitcoins reaaaally did me well since my original post, eh?

Monero
Maidsafe
Ethereum
Factom (maybe)

I would also add Dash (they are organised with an interesting roadmap and that counts for a lot) and Storj/Sia (a focussed storage network has great utility).

I now have 10% in alts and that will increase if some method is not found soon for Bitcoin to work as a reliable and cheap payment network.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:43:41 PM

Recently few altcoins grew very high. At that moment users made a smart move bought alts and did trading. That profit has been invested in bitcoin as its more worthy than alts.
rally

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:46:06 PM

Recently few altcoins grew very high. At that moment users made a smart move bought alts and did trading. That profit has been invested in bitcoin as its more worthy than alts.

The last weeks i have been trading some btc for altcoin as well on exchange CCEX and Yobit.
I have bought some altcoins with a small amount BTC and sold them several times a bit higher. Until now always with luck.
But i know it can go fast down. That's why i use a small amount only and now only the part of BTC i had won.

RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:32:17 PM

as much as i love seeing the rise as soon as possible, but i think it is a little soon for lift off. besides i don't know what OP means by selling his alts but i usually sell my alts by trading them with bitcoin and if bitcoin price goes up it usually has little to no effect on altcoin prices so selling or not selling doesn't really make a difference

Buying the dip...
benmartin613

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:52:02 PM

The last weeks i have been trading some btc for altcoin as well on exchange CCEX and Yobit.
I have bought some altcoins with a small amount BTC and sold them several times a bit higher. Until now always with luck.
But i know it can go fast down. That's why i use a small amount only and now only the part of BTC i had won.

Its really good to buy and sell some alt as its being hype by its user then expect a big dump after that.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:57:02 PM

Its really good to buy and sell some alt as its being hype by its user then expect a big dump after that.
One notable example of this was Ethereum recently. It was being pumped, and anyone who bought <$10 was able to make a profit, all because people started hyping the price.

There is some merit to buying pump n dumps, but it all depends on when you can get in on it and if you'll be able to secure your own piece of the pie.
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:18:32 PM

Recently few altcoins grew very high. At that moment users made a smart move bought alts and did trading. That profit has been invested in uᴉoɔʇᴉq as its more worthy than alts.

One notable example of this was Athereum recently. It was being pumped, and anyone who bought <$10 was able to make a profit, all because people started hyping the price.

There is some merit to buying pump n dumps, but it all depends on when you can get in on it and if you'll be able to secure your own piece of the pie.

The ethereum has strong development, so it might not be just a pump and dump coin. It might rise again in the future.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:51:48 PM

Keeping track of all different alt coin wallets was annoying Angry And I don't trust exchanges.

I'm ready for liftoff.

Are you?

good decisions because using exchange aren't secure any longer because most of them are very vulnerable to be hacked and possibility for lose your altcoins is very big
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 09:44:09 PM

I have the feeling people will dump Ethereum right before the Halving and buy Bitcoins instead leading to Bitcoin price increase and Ethereum price decrease  Wink There are no bad coins though just bad pump and dumps  Grin Bitcoin needs a little push for that rocket to launch into orbit and we will land on the Moon next year hopefully.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 07:43:24 AM

today Im invest at RDD coin buying arround 2btc at 12sat waiting the price hit 30sat like last year Roll Eyes
i think invest at altcoin is not bad idea if you know the reason of value it.
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:31:07 PM

I shall buy some Ethereum when the price drops to below 0.012. That could be the price when miners are not profitable.

B2

BitDouble.io

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 03:40:58 PM

I'm ready for liftoff.

Are you?

good decisions because using exchange aren't secure any longer because most of them are very vulnerable to be hacked and possibility for lose your altcoins is very big

Its a huge lesson one to take, esp even if it doesnt effect you am I right.

Esp when a major alt exchange goes down, everything is questionable. This similar how when mt.gox just blew up everyones face with bitcoin being the only solid exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: