Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:59:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 05:47:19 PM

why because ive been marketing opal from it's 3rd 700satoshi rise and bringing loads of new investors to the market. hopefully they all pulled out some decent profit i mean none of them were complaining and seemed happy. but may not be the best daytraders. why because nothing, and i mean nothing is a better marketing tool than a price rise and stability at that price rise. you could release 1000 new articles reaching new investors but confidence and value is what most people will be looking for. in short, there is no way for a guy to get laid atm saying he owns opalcoins LOL

I do understand your point.

the focus should always be on price. let's not kid ourselves. traders want a live market  and if they're skilled, investors would benefit from the price rises in their work. and everyone would be happy and keep recommending opal to friends. look what's happened to vrc and blackcoin. ppl are just fedup of the inconsistency. technology after technology but when you frustrate all your investors you can expect alot of them to bail and turn their backs for good in many instances. meaning ur losing out on marketcap.

The above paragraph clearly shows where the difference in our approach is, and thus why we see the whole situation in such a different way.

I do not agree that the focus should always be on price, which is because for me this is not about traders and markets. I take the whole crypto thing as the means to bring around a truly fair and honest means of exchange and commerce for everyone to use in everyday life. It may sound as if I was conflicting myself there but there's a big difference in where the focus lies. Yours appears to be in the currency markets, mine is in all other forms of commerce and exchange. For me currency is "just" a currency; a tool of exchange that should have as stable value as possible.

you want to release news now when we've sunk from position 50 in marketcap to 100 and you think that will be a selling point to new investors? anyone who wasnt paying attention and sees that may quicker rush to bail. u release more articles in uptrends, not when investors can see that horrible looking graph as it is atm a pump with a slow exit.

Again, we have completely different views in this whole matter. I'm not thinking about positions and investors - at all. I have nothing against your take either, my focus is just elsewhere which is why I do not spend much energy in the currency trading business in itself. What I am interested in is coming up with new ways of bringing long-term stability to the coin scene though, so I'm not completely disconnected of the matter of value either.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:49:19 PM

you always have a lot to say, would have expected someone like you to be able to find out how things work by yourself Wink
Most people know what supernet and its advantages are, nobody besides a select few bought in hearing supernet, and not understanding what it is.

That's the problem, I did try to find things out by myself. But the more I was learning, the more I was having to discover.  SuperNET is actually quite complicated, a lot of moving parts.

When I saw the high interest in Opal (price jump), and then the dramatic drop afterwards, I know that's normal, but I was wondering if we were losing some people who did not understand what Opal really is all about.

We kept reading posts from people asking "what makes opal special". Yes, I know, people are lazy, but I'm not one of them.

The problem I was really seeing is that SuperNET wasn't explained to our community "from an Opal perspective", and it really should be..  

Even I was confused an immediately bought some BTCD figuring that was the key here, only to see lack of interest, and I got back out and re-bought Opal again.  

The point is, that while Opal's interest is garnering a lot of attention, we really need to use this forum to address questions.  What's the point of a forum if we just tell everyone to "go find out for yourself".  Talking openly and sharing information is good and key to the survival long term.

yeah people get cocky when their making alot of money. ask the guy with the pile of sell orders how he feels now after playing the fool on the 5k line. his investment is now worth half what it was and it's his own fault. now he cant even sell below 3500 satoshi it seem, stuck holding the bag and i have a good mind to leave him there.
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:23:52 PM

why because ive been marketing opal from it's 3rd 700satoshi rise and bringing loads of new investors to the market. hopefully they all pulled out some decent profit i mean none of them were complaining and seemed happy. but may not be the best daytraders. why because nothing, and i mean nothing is a better marketing tool than a price rise and stability at that price rise. you could release 1000 new articles reaching new investors but confidence and value is what most people will be looking for. in short, there is no way for a guy to get laid atm saying he owns opalcoins LOL

I do understand your point.

the focus should always be on price. let's not kid ourselves. traders want a live market  and if they're skilled, investors would benefit from the price rises in their work. and everyone would be happy and keep recommending opal to friends. look what's happened to vrc and blackcoin. ppl are just fedup of the inconsistency. technology after technology but when you frustrate all your investors you can expect alot of them to bail and turn their backs for good in many instances. meaning ur losing out on marketcap.

The above paragraph clearly shows where the difference in our approach is, and thus why we see the whole situation in such a different way.

I do not agree that the focus should always be on price, which is because for me this is not about traders and markets. I take the whole crypto thing as the means to bring around a truly fair and honest means of exchange and commerce for everyone to use in everyday life. It may sound as if I was conflicting myself there but there's a big difference in where the focus lies. Yours appears to be in the currency markets, mine is in all other forms of commerce and exchange. For me currency is "just" a currency; a tool of exchange that should have as stable value as possible.

you want to release news now when we've sunk from position 50 in marketcap to 100 and you think that will be a selling point to new investors? anyone who wasnt paying attention and sees that may quicker rush to bail. u release more articles in uptrends, not when investors can see that horrible looking graph as it is atm a pump with a slow exit.

Again, we have completely different views in this whole matter. I'm not thinking about positions and investors - at all. I have nothing against your take either, my focus is just elsewhere which is why I do not spend much energy in the currency trading business in itself. What I am interested in is coming up with new ways of bringing long-term stability to the coin scene though, so I'm not completely disconnected of the matter of value either.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

I agree with you altcoin.center.

That's why my focus has been on 2nd generation Cryptos that bring innovation to the crypto scene.

Cryptos based off the BTC block chain have turned now into profit making manipulation machines by skilled traders.

Cryptocoins are for the betterment of society, this should not be treated like the stock market. Just look at where wall street has lead many people.
Coinler

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:32:46 PM

That's why my focus has been on 2nd generation Cryptos that bring innovation to the crypto scene.

Cryptos based off the BTC block chain have turned now into profit making manipulation machines by skilled traders.

Cryptocoins are for the betterment of society, this should not be treated like the stock market. Just look at where wall street has lead many people.

i think your perspective is actually a bit warped regarding trading. what we're seeing precisely in opal atm is the wallstreet style trading. buy early, wait for a rise, and then control the market with large sells and buys until someone buys u out. if noone comes to buy you out and you keep losing investors, the value falls. this is manipulation and it frustrates investors from returning to the market to reinvest.

the proper perspective however to note.. is that a skilled daytrader or rather a skilled group of daytraders, who never fail to sell higher than they bought, whilst still reinvesting all of their profits to keep the price afloat and push it further is proper organic trading without scheming tactics. the schemes are what turn investors off. suppressing the market to squeeze out investors who may have otherwise held over the longterm and contribute to market scarcity and price rise. day traders are a good force once they arent doing stupid things like selling at less than they bought in at. shovelling value up the chain into the psychology of the investors. by doing this repeatedly and reinvesting, the value goes up continually the floor value is raised as noone wants to sell below their last buy in point, nor buy in above their last sell point.

your perspective would be accurate if investors/daytraders were just taking profits and running. not reinvesting. that wasnt the case here. we were enjoying a solid organic growth cycle. this suppression tactic was predictably going to cast away investors. hence why i bailed high up. once the manipulation ends, ill begin shovelling some more shit.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:43:17 PM

I hedge on the way down, so if everyone else Hedges we will buy out their positions on the way down. There was lots of volume at the beginning so you have to roll with it until the coin is disbursed enough to many holders.
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:59:55 PM

i think your perspective is actually a bit warped regarding trading. what we're seeing precisely in opal atm is the wallstreet style trading. buy early, wait for a rise, and then control the market with large sells and buys until someone buys u out. if noone comes to buy you out and you keep losing investors, the value falls. this is manipulation and it frustrates investors from returning to the market to reinvest.

the proper perspective however to note.. is that a skilled daytrader or rather a skilled group of daytraders, who never fail to sell higher than they bought, whilst still reinvesting all of their profits to keep the price afloat and push it further is proper organic trading without scheming tactics. the schemes are what turn investors off. suppressing the market to squeeze out investors who may have otherwise held over the longterm and contribute to market scarcity and price rise. day traders are a good force once they arent doing stupid things like selling at less than they bought in at. shovelling value up the chain into the psychology of the investors. by doing this repeatedly and reinvesting, the value goes up continually the floor value is raised as noone wants to sell below their last buy in point, nor buy in above their last sell point.

your perspective would be accurate if investors/daytraders were just taking profits and running. not reinvesting. that wasnt the case here. we were enjoying a solid organic growth cycle. this suppression tactic was predictably going to cast away investors. hence why i bailed high up. once the manipulation ends, ill begin shovelling some more shit.

You're talking from a strict investors point of view. Crypto coins is not a new company you are buying into, you're buying into tech that will be used as a new monetary system.

The BTC protocol is not being improved by simply forking and cloning a coin. Gen 2 coins are creating their own block chain and improving upon BTC protocol.

BTC clones are good if all you're looking for is P&D, but not if you can see the bigger picture of the concept behind Cryptos.
dalefrench

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:01:13 PM

Yeah, I have been setting 9k - 20 k buy orders at between 37 - 34 and going to sleep.  Sometimes I get the orders sometimes I don't,  I have all the opal I can afford now.  This is the most promising coin I have ever seen.  And I wish the best to all in the community.
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:07:34 PM

Opal, SuperNET and You

Because I've gotten quite a few questions on the Opal side of the superNET, I'd like to explain it a bit better.

The superNET is a group of coins with a special (code) library called libjl777, which allows all the other superNET coins to collaborate and use eachothers features.  It's all about a unified group of the very best cryptos, working together on some really cool features.

What this means for Opal:

- Increased funding, which means increased development and services (Opal PayPal gateway within a month)
- Decentalized Exchange (We're working with Vericoin on a new multi gateway cluster)
- Expanded dev team (we're already talking too VRC about some cool projects)
- We're working with one of the most recognized devs in the crypto scene (Jl777) on a decentralized Internet project.
- Teleport, a BitcoinDark privacy feature, which is the most secure anonymous system in the crypto environment will be integrated into Opal and Opal projects.
-More

What this doesn't mean for Opal:

- Centralisation
- Our features being stolen.  We still have many projects that are Opal exclusive that reward investors

The superNET is extremely selective, and opals addition only validates our team and secures our future.  I know the price correction is scary, but the price might matter in a year, at this point development is key.  If you build it, they will come.
Coinler

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:28:49 PM

You're talking from a strict investors point of view. Crypto coins is not a new company you are buying into, you're buying into tech that will be used as a new monetary system.

The BTC protocol is not being improved by simply forking and cloning a coin. Gen 2 coins are creating their own block chain and improving upon BTC protocol.

BTC clones are good if all you're looking for is P&D, but not if you can see the bigger picture of the concept behind Cryptos.

well i prefer to keep that view. for me it is a company, a community based company and each coin you buy is a share in investment into the product. so if i buy 1million coins i like to think of it as owning a 1/15 share. 14 more ppl like that and the value coild be $1000. of course, they wouldve had to not be too greedy in buying more than they can afford to do without longterm while they slowly sell at the top. what can i say, i would do things a different way. but as far as trading in cryptos goes and what generates value, i have a strong sense of that already. which is why i went all in opal when i found it. all in.. who does that? me, with a nose for good investment.
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 07:38:20 PM

Agreed.

-j.

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 07:41:29 PM

Time for another OPAL article, thanks to that lovely roadmap Smiley

Click here!

You are really on the ball hehe, since OPAL im almost exclusively reading articles on cryptoarticles and coindesk now.

And im with CECVW's comment, add OPAL to the diagram or give one of us the psd  Cheesy
thomasveil (https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=profile;u=556) did the graphic, I will ask him to update, but if others asked too, it could spur him to faster action

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:42:49 PM

Time for another OPAL article, thanks to that lovely roadmap Smiley

Click here!

You are really on the ball hehe, since OPAL im almost exclusively reading articles on cryptoarticles and coindesk now.

And im with CECVW's comment, add OPAL to the diagram or give one of us the psd  Cheesy
thomasveil (https://nxtforum.org/index.php?action=profile;u=556) did the graphic, I will ask him to update, but if others asked too, it could spur him to faster action

James

Thanks!
Coinler

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:45:12 PM

anyway, ill leave off by saying, if you're really believing that tech alone will attract investors you got another thing coming. blackcoin is a perfect example. major projects, lowest price since it picked up from 400 satoshi. you really want to bring investors into crypto, you need to produce price stability, or crypto will never be taken very very seriously. the ridiculous fluctuations basically speak of what faith ppl have in the product. and merchants as well as major investors, longterm investors arent just going to sit around while the price drops holding the bag. this is crypto, too much can happen. do i regret bailing at 48k? lets just look at the market and ask that question again. i can buy twice amount of opal now. or i could just buy back my stock for half price off? LOL

whatever, i can play this game whichever way it swings. i just thought you guys wouldve rather been sitting on 17k now than 3.
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:57:17 PM

The marketcap of this coin is so small. The price will for sure rise up a lot from where it is right now. I'm not sure when it'll happen though.

RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:02:58 PM

Hey guys,

I'm definitely enjoying the active thread, and some great back and forth points. Smiley
I think many of us are of-course 'nervous' about the price, and that's totally expected. Especially for those people who bought in >4-5k sat right now. To say we don't feel bad when stocks fall would be lying, just like saying we don't feel better when they rise.
I also believe may of us here hate when we misjudge or miss opportunity to increase our holdings. I sold a little bit of OPAL at 6k sat to make back ROI (bought most at 500sat), and bought back a few thousand more @ 4.7k as well thinking that would be low, but I misjudged.
I think our different perspectives can also be based on how fortunate we were when we bought in as well, or how we played the rises and dips on the way up. Smiley

I do agree crypto must be more then short term price, but as Coinler mentions, these 'market games' do irritate many of us (myself included). Yes we are all here to try and make a profit, but also we support and see the future in the crypto scene in general (at least most of us should!). We may very well be looking back at this 3-4 weeks from now at new ATH and thinking "ha, remember when OPAL dipped down to 2.7k sat after the first rise, what a missed opportunity for more gain." But in real time it's never that simple, and we can't help but feel a little discouraged.

I like to look back at many coins and stocks history, and many times you will notice a relatively small initial rise, followed by a fall-back close (but never all the way) back to the pre-rise value, then a much larger rise occurs until the bubble. Seems pretty common, as investors want to manipulate their way in before the 'bubble'. Maybe that's happening here, maybe it's not, but there are some very good reasons why investors would want more OPAL at a cheaper price. Wink

We do know that no matter what the price of OPAL is the developers have great plans for the future. OPAL will have a future regardless of short term price, and as long as we are relevant, investors who took a break will be back. With crypto there is much manipulation of prices, but if OPAL keeps attracting the general users, and its user base grows, the price will have no choice but to climb (supply and demand).

Of course, this is the crypto 'game'. Rampant with annoying bots driving investors crazy, market manipulation, and wild swings up and down. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel as much as these markets drive me insane sometimes, they also keep me hooked, and is perhaps one of the reasons I enjoy crypto so much. It's the wild wild west of stocks.

Sorry for wall of text, but I enjoy contributing to our community discussions.
Cheers Smiley
Coinler

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:23:13 PM

i like your perspective, yes it is a fun game, but all in all im just commenting towards my perspective of seeing what everyone wants to see... price rises and the support of a coin and dev taking the value of his stocks as high as they can stably hold. i mean, what better marketing initiative can there be than a coin that makes a solid steady rise of unmanipulated true organic growth. for me nothing is more attractive. i mean go 10x, and 10% of your stock becomes roi. meaning you still have 90% in essentially free coins. taking out roi and leaving room for growth will pay off naturally over the longer term. no need for this wallstreet trading tricks crap. some people watch too much tv lol
RCan06

Activity: 325
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:54:59 PM

i like your perspective, yes it is a fun game, but all in all im just commenting towards my perspective of seeing what everyone wants to see... price rises and the support of a coin and dev taking the value of his stocks as high as they can stably hold. i mean, what better marketing initiative can there be than a coin that makes a solid steady rise of unmanipulated true organic growth. for me nothing is more attractive. i mean go 10x, and 10% of your stock becomes roi. meaning you still have 90% in essentially free coins. taking out roi and leaving room for growth will pay off naturally over the longer term. no need for this wallstreet trading tricks crap. some people watch too much tv lol

Yes completely true as well. A steady rise would be ideal for everyone, and the amount of manipulation by individuals is often too much (such is life in unregulated markets with many small fish and a handful of big whales). Thankfully I did as you said, and made my ROI on OPAL and still managed to buy back and increase my initial amount. This rise has treated me very well so far, so I may not be as frustrated as others in that regard. But I am equally as frustrated as you, that the coin is not getting the recognition in price that it deserves right now. Of course I think it should be 10k sat and more; this current value is ludicrous, and becoming more so  Angry

I don't know really how possible organic growth is in crypto anymore. It seems once a coins starts showing organic growth, someone or some group swoops in to create a buying frenzy from that. Unless a coin can fly under the radar long enough, it seems there will always be some group that will get in evolved.
The next few days will show our direction, and we should hopefully correct once this pressure is gone. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I'm excited because I still do think this is the start of something bigger.

After spending a little bit of time watching the markets though, it does appear like someone is buying and selling their own orders. Very similar coin amounts being bought then sold in chunks in the few tens of thousands. It's also creating a rise in volume, maybe a tactic as well. Time will tell Smiley

Edit: Also becoming very obvious someones 'bot' is putting in many many small buy orders very close together to make it appear like the top buy 50 orders are thin right now. Ha...
(80sat diff in first 50 buy orders at time of posting lol)
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:05:39 PM

And how can F2C have this perfect and steady value growth and not Opal?

I means,what difference?

I see 50% premine of a 100mcoin,no pod,no feature...

Like... Seriously ? And no one dips in price this is unbelievable.
Coinler

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:14:40 PM

And how can F2C have this perfect and steady value growth and not Opal?

I means,what difference?

I see 50% premine of a 100mcoin,no pod,no feature...

Like... Seriously ? And no one dips in price this is unbelievable.

LOL yeah i missed f2c too. price held at 80k and i was sure it would drop. it doubled lol
toldy

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:23:06 PM

Opal, SuperNET and You
Because I've gotten quite a few questions on the Opal side of the superNET, I'd like to explain it a bit better.

[..]

What this means for Opal:

- Increased funding, which means increased development and services (Opal PayPal gateway within a month)
- Decentalized Exchange (We're working with Vericoin on a new multi gateway cluster)
- Expanded dev team (we're already talking too VRC about some cool projects)
- We're working with one of the most recognized devs in the crypto scene (Jl777) on a decentralized Internet project.
- Teleport, a BitcoinDark privacy feature, which is the most secure anonymous system in the crypto environment will be integrated into Opal and Opal projects.

So an example might be:

A Vericoin user wants to store some files on Opal Drive.  He exchanges some of his Vericoin via the SuperNET gateway to buy some Opal Drive resources by obtaining some Opal for the purchase.

This in turn creates demand for Opal, and Opal's Opal Drive feature is used.

Conversely, an Opal user wants to use VeriSMS to send some coins via SMS to a cellphone.  They exchange some value of Opal into Vericoin, and then use the VeriSMS feature to make that possible.

This in turn creates demand for Vericoin and Vericoin's VeriSMS feature is used.

Finally, the concept of SuperNET is that it ties all of these coins and features together in one unified space, so it does not matter which side of the coin market you buy into, you can always exchange your coin's value for features that exist in a partner coin.  The only difference is, that certain coins, with better features might have higher or lower value, depending on what they bring to the SuperNET.

The advantage from traditional trading, is you won't need multiple separate wallets for these transactions to occur.  You won't need transfer money to centralized exchanges to in order to buy another coin while you're trying to use a feature. Instead, everything will happen from a SuperNET client.

The benefits for engaging in SuperNET for these coins are:

- devs share programming resources
- it avoids duplication. Best implementation of a feature is adopted
- devs share in SuperNET profits which encourages them to participate

Is what I've said correct?

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: