Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:05:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
0bert

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:59:03 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2014, 09:17:59 PM by 0bert

Quick question why when I download the wallet from the opal-coin.com website and open the wallet up, I get no connections and when I go to the debug window and type getwork what pops up is shadowcash has no connections?? This is the wallet I download straight from the Opal coin website is it not? So why am I getting this message and no connections? Could someone please help me with this problem?
Actually it says ShadowCoin is not connected?? Has anyone had this problem with this?

I have been staking for a month and never had that error. Did you get your computer cleaned out? If you can't get it clean, you may just want to reinstall a new OS on a different drive and then find some of your important files you need on the old drive and move away from it. Then if you are really into investing in Crypto I suggest you have a computer just for your wallets no browsing. You may also want a beefier defense with a better firewall that does stateful packet inspection and has an ARP Cache with Anti-Virus and Intrusion Protection on it. Watchguard has a few entry level devices that will even drop unassociated packets and block DDoS attacks. I get port scanned everytime I download a wallet from MegaDownload it seems like. Kind of a hotbed of activity associated with wallets there.
Well I've deleted everything that is OPAL on my computer but everytime I download the wallet it does the same thing? I don't know if that's because of the malicious link I downloaded in the past? Does anyone know how I can get this wallet up and running? Would greatly appreciate the help Smiley
Not the fastet way, but the safest: format your drive and reinstall your OS.  Smiley
I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers so what exactly do you mean by format my drive and reinstall my OS? What exactly is an OS?
Best time now to get some knowledge!  Grin It is necessary if you work with crypto imo.  Smiley
Format your drive (harddrive, hdd or ssd) means to delete everything on it. Then reinstall your OS (operating system, windows, mac os x, linux... )
But you should ask someone to help if you never did this. I guess you have windows or mac?
Also backup everything, pics, music, data... if you want to reinstall.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:00:01 PM

Quick question why when I download the wallet from the opal-coin.com website and open the wallet up, I get no connections and when I go to the debug window and type getwork what pops up is shadowcash has no connections?? This is the wallet I download straight from the Opal coin website is it not? So why am I getting this message and no connections? Could someone please help me with this problem?
Actually it says ShadowCoin is not connected?? Has anyone had this problem with this?

I have been staking for a month and never had that error. Did you get your computer cleaned out? If you can't get it clean, you may just want to reinstall a new OS on a different drive and then find some of your important files you need on the old drive and move away from it. Then if you are really into investing in Crypto I suggest you have a computer just for your wallets no browsing. You may also want a beefier defense with a better firewall that does stateful packet inspection and has an ARP Cache with Anti-Virus and Intrusion Protection on it. Watchguard has a few entry level devices that will even drop unassociated packets and block DDoS attacks. I get port scanned everytime I download a wallet from MegaDownload it seems like. Kind of a hotbed of activity associated with wallets there.
Well I've deleted everything that is OPAL on my computer but everytime I download the wallet it does the same thing? I don't know if that's because of the malicious link I downloaded in the past? Does anyone know how I can get this wallet up and running? Would greatly appreciate the help Smiley
Not the fastet way, but the safest: format your drive and reinstall your OS.  Smiley
I'm pretty dumb when it comes to computers so what exactly do you mean by format my drive and reinstall my OS? What exactly is an OS?
Best time now to get some knowledge!  Grin It is necessary if you work with crypto imo.  Smiley
Format your dive (harddrive, hdd or ssd) means to delete everything on it. Then reinstall your OS (operating system, windows, mac os x, linux... )
But you should ask someone to help if you never did this. I guess you have windows or mac?
Also backup everything, pics, music, data... if you want to reinstall.  Wink

Get a new Hard Drive there is no need to delete or format your current drive. Pay attention to details here Formatting is destructive. Buying a new drive just gets you out of the mess and leaves things where they were if you need to go back for any reason. But this is to say that you have problems with the Malware still. etc.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:17:06 PM

Format your dive (harddrive, hdd or ssd) means to delete everything on it. Then reinstall your OS (operating system, windows, mac os x, linux... )

Get a new Hard Drive there is no need to delete or format your current drive. Pay attention to details here Formatting is destructive. Buying a new drive just gets you out of the mess and leaves things where they were if you need to go back for any reason. But this is to say that you have problems with the Malware still. etc.
Well I'm just assuming its problems with the malware because I deleted everything OPAL off my computer and downloaded the wallet straight from the website opal-coin.com and for some reason I get this shadowcoin bullshit and no connections and I know it's my computer because I just downloaded the wallet on my old laptop and its loading perfectly fine

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

0bert

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:22:34 PM

Well I'm just assuming its problems with the malware because I deleted everything OPAL off my computer and downloaded the wallet straight from the website opal-coin.com and for some reason I get this shadowcoin bullshit and no connections and I know it's my computer because I just downloaded the wallet on my old laptop and its loading perfectly fine
Why throwing money out of the window for a new drive?  Huh
I would backup my stuff (wallet.dat should have multi backups;)) and install a fresh OS again.
With the saved money for the drive i would buy some Opal. Wink

Greets
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:29:18 PM

Why throwing money out of the window for a new drive?  Huh
I would backup my stuff (wallet.dat should have multi backups;)) and install a fresh OS again.
With the saved money for the drive i would buy some Opal. Wink

Greets
Okay fair enough but what the hell is an OS? Operating System? I'm that illiterate when it comes to computers guys for really

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

0bert

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 09:59:58 PM

Okay fair enough but what the hell is an OS? Operating System? I'm that illiterate when it comes to computers guys for really
read this again! Wink
Or read this: OS is your operating system, like Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux or Mac OSX.  Wink
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:04:29 PM

read this again! Wink
Or read this: OS is your operating system, like Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux or Mac OSX.  Wink

Ya I was kind of able to Matlock that one together myself after I actually thought about it lol

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

0bert

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:06:39 PM

read this again! Wink
Or read this: OS is your operating system, like Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux or Mac OSX.  Wink

Ya I was kind of able to Matlock that one together myself after I actually thought about it lol
Great!  Grin
So reinstall is the safest and also the cheapest way to get back a fresh OS with a functional Opal wallet.
Maybe you think about it...  Wink
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:13:32 AM

read this again! Wink
Or read this: OS is your operating system, like Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux or Mac OSX.  Wink

Great!  Grin
So reinstall is the safest and also the cheapest way to get back a fresh OS with a functional Opal wallet.
Well actually what I just did was leave the OPAL wallet I was able to download on my old laptop and just transfer the coins that I buy to that address and let them stake there lol It was way easier that way lol but would still hope that the OPALTEAM could look into the issue of the wallet that I download straight from their website saying that stuff about it being shadowcoin

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:33:33 AM

Thanks bassguitarman. Do you know if Malwarebytes removes the key logger? If not, maybe a clean install of OS has to be done.  Smiley

Good cleanup routine:

Boot into safe mode after downloading all these. Then run in this order. Run rkill each boot.

Rkill: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/

TDSSKiller: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tdsskiller/dl/4/

ADWare Cleaner: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/

Junkware Removal Tool: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/dl/131/

Combo Fix: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/dl/12/ (Do not run this from remote session. It will kill your remote control.)

After all that, still in safe boot run a full scan of Mbam: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/dl/7/

That should remove everything. Make sure to reboot between each cleaning and remove/quarantine all items. If you need assistance I am on @opalcoin nightly, EST.

The above cleaned my machine. Worth a try otherwise you have to clean install OS or restore from a backup.
My Opal wallet says "shadowcoin is downloading blocks'. Some work still needed there guys.  Smiley
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:53:52 AM

read this again! Wink

Great!  Grin
Well actually what I just did was leave the OPAL wallet I was able to download on my old laptop and just transfer the coins that I buy to that address and let them stake there lol It was way easier that way lol but would still hope that the OPALTEAM could look into the issue of the wallet that I download straight from their website saying that stuff about it being shadowcoin

Shadowcoin was from our old code, it's been fixed now
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:13:15 AM

read this again! Wink

Great!  Grin

Shadowcoin was from our old code, it's been fixed now
The wallet on the website has been fixed? I'm going to delete everything OPAL off my computer and then I'm going to try and download the wallet again Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:52:00 AM

Reboot using F8 and select safe mode with networking.
Run Malwarebytes. Be sure to update it's database.
It's likely to remove the malware for you.

ps   I would be VERY happy to contribute to a bounty to catch the hacker.  Grin
bassguitarman

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:03:46 AM

We've got some leads.  Please put your bounty towards the victims if possible Smiley
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:08:50 AM

We've got some leads.  Please put your bounty towards the victims if possible Smiley
I thought you already had the hacker and worked out some sort of deal with him? Or am I mistaken?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

bassguitarman

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:21:24 AM

I was playing around with the wallet and I believe i created the first ever multisig tx with opal

http://blockexperts.com/opal/tx/f7102cc9b8a655fbeeb7d789166437e201e496b00df2ccb96f20d43d96436e76
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:33:35 AM

I thought you already had the hacker and worked out some sort of deal with him? Or am I mistaken?
Oh and thanks by the way for another way to try and fix this problem that I'm having getting a working wallet Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

2fresh

Activity: 782

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:18:06 PM

I was playing around with the wallet and I believe i created the first ever multisig tx with opal

http://blockexperts.com/opal/tx/f7102cc9b8a655fbeeb7d789166437e201e496b00df2ccb96f20d43d96436e76

Grin Grin
Voidlord

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:37:15 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 02:44:55 PM by Voidlord

The best thing to do is to have a good web behaviour:
Otherwise, once you "cleaned" your computer, you will catch/bring back malwares from your (or your friend's) USB flash drive or from an external hard drive, from a PDF document, from an infected website, from a link in a website or a mail....

Once your computer is clean: please apply these rules:

-1 never click anywhere, obviously on unknown message or box telling you "your computer is slow/infected/corrupted".

-2 never click on a url or a link embedded in an email, except for the confirmation email you just received from a log in.

-3 never open any attached doc in an email: download it, and scan it with your Antivirus.
(see part 6)

-4 never use a kind of computer/booster software except CCleaner: piriform.com/ccleaner

-5 use Mozilla Firefox, it is more secure than others, (note: if you used Chrome before, i suggest you to uninstall it as Chrome slows Firefox !!!), never record password with your browser.

-6 scan each downloads you make with your antivirus (except maybe windows update): dont scan the .zip or .rar file: extract them first AND scan the extracted folders.

-7 always make your updates: Windows update, Firefox update, Adobe Flash & Acrobat update, but also Java and Silverlight's update.

-8 full-scan your computer with Malwarebytes, under safe mode, each half-month, or if you feel your computer is very slow plug your USB flash drive and start a complete scan.
    -open the start menu (the windows flag for windows 8 )
    -type: msconfig.exe then press Enter.
    -click the "Boot" Tab and choose "Safe boot", choose "Minimal" then click "ok" and " then "restart".
    -Quarantine all the stuff you find except maybe your Cgminer, Sgminer, cudaminer software. if you find a Backdoor, a Trojan or a worm: Change all your password (use different passwords for each tools/forum/mail).
    -After the scan, open the start menu (the windows flag for windows 8 ) and type: msconfig.exe then press Enter.
     click the "Boot" Tab and uncheck Safe boot, then select "Make all boot settings permanent".
     then click "ok", then "yes" (on the poped-up system configuration windows) and " then "restart".

-9 (optional but very useful) install Noscript (only for Firefox), in order to block Javascript, Flash or Silverlight, download: noscript.net/
                                             tips for the settings: ghacks.net/2014/02/10/firefox-noscript-guide-waiting/
                                                                          ghacks.net/2013/05/25/top-5-noscript-features-that-you-may-not-know-about/
you need to whitelist your trusted website, right click on the "S" of noscript (upper left corner of your browser) and left-click "allow exampleyourtrustedwebsite.com
                                                        tip: a middle click on the "S" of noscript Allow temporarily the website you visit.

-10 for Laptops: turn off the bluetooth connection: Click Menu Start ->Control Panel-> Network and Internet, then click "Network and Sharing Center" (on the left column of the Network and Sharing Center)
                                                                              then click on "Change adapter settings" Right click "Bluetooth Network Connection", select "Disable".

If you apply these rules, on a clean computer: it will be very safe ! Wink

E=(ɔ)mc²
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:09:14 PM

The best thing to do is to have a good web behaviour:
Otherwise, once you "cleaned" your computer, you will catch/bring back malwares from your (or your friend's) USB flash drive or from an external hard drive, from a PDF document, from an infected website, from a link in a website or a mail....

Once your computer is clean: please apply these rules:

-1 never click anywhere, obviously on unknown message or box telling you "your computer is slow/infected/corrupted".

-2 never click on a url or a link embedded in a mail, except for the confirmation email you just received from a log in.

-3 never open any attached doc in an email: download it, and scan it with your Antivirus.
(see part 6)

-4 never use computer/booster software except CCleaner: piriform.com/ccleaner

-5 use Firefox, it use less third party cookies than others, (note: if you used Chrome before, i suggest you to uninstall it as Chrome slows Firefox !!!)

-6 scan each downloads you make with your antivirus (except maybe windows update): dont scan the .zip or .rar file: extract them first AND scan the extracted folder.

-7 always make your updates: Windows update, Firefox update, Adobe Flash & Acrobat update, but also Java and Silverlight's update.

-8 full-scan your computer with Malwarebytes, under safe mode, each half-month plug your USB flash drive and start a complete scan.
    -open the start menu (the windows flag for windows 8 )
    -type: msconfig.exe then press Enter.
    -click the "Boot" Tab and choose "Safe boot", choose "Minimal" then click "ok" and " then "restart".
    -Quarantine all the stuff you find except maybe your Cgminer, Sgminer, cudaminer software. if you find a Backdoor, a Trojan or a worm: Change all your password (use different passwords for each tools/forum/mail).
    -After the scan, open the start menu (the windows flag for windows 8 ) and type: msconfig.exe then press Enter.
     click the "Boot" Tab and uncheck Safe boot, then select "Make all boot settings permanent".
     then click "ok", then "yes" (on the poped-up system configuration windows) and " then "restart".

-9 (optional but very useful) install Noscript (only for Firefox), in order to block Javascript, Flash or Silverlight, download: noscript.net/
                                             tips for the settings: ghacks.net/2014/02/10/firefox-noscript-guide-waiting/
                                                                          ghacks.net/2013/05/25/top-5-noscript-features-that-you-may-not-know-about/
you need to whitelist your trusted website, right click on the "S" of noscript (upper left corner of your browser) and left-click "allow exampleyourtrustedwebsite.com
                                                        tip: a middle click on the "S" of noscript Allow temporarily the website you visit.

-10 for Laptops: turn off the bluetooth connection: Click Menu Start ->Control Panel-> Network and Internet, then click "Network and Sharing Center" (on the left column of the Network and Sharing Center)
                                                                              then click on "Change adapter settings" Right click "Bluetooth Network Connection", select "Disable".

If you apply these rules, on a clean computer then this one will be very safe ! Wink

Very usefull, +rep.
In addition to that install Comodo Firewall (best one imho) and use your browser in sandboxed mode (http://www.sandboxie.com/) whilst surfing on unknown sites, you'll avoid most malwares as well.
Also, Noscript, adblock plus, disconnect and cookie monster are great firefox addon to be installed.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: