Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:51:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon4 with global shipping can be purchased here!  (Read 35446 times)
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:54:42 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 08:18:23 PM by marto74

We'll order samples for sure Smiley
Will see where it goes

Right in the shitter with so many more of your projects. How about giving people what they order before ramping up production on another DOA miner?

You can not resist, do you TROLL
And could you be so kind to share your projects progress ?
Smiley

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Niggle

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:11:02 PM

p.s.  single module is coming soon Grin Grin Grin

Any info on this module?

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:25:28 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 08:39:12 PM by loshia

We'll order samples for sure Smiley
Will see where it goes

Right in the shitter with so many more of your projects. How about giving people what they order before ramping up production on another DOA miner?

Hey bickLEDski,
We all know that the main reason for doa miners is the chip price. I am talking in general. You are the one who was receiving free chips in quantities right?
And what you have blinking LEDs alive on arival right Grin
Ops I beg your pardon it was just a YouTube video and no one has seen them alive  Grin
So let me remind you that Christmas is coming so get your ass back to work. Walmart is waiting for your LEDs.  Grin
You know I remember the picture of you wasp pool with the bug behind your ass Grin

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/the-wasp-project-collective-information-thread.240650/page-14

I am wandering how is your ass lately doing Grin
By the way con made a free pool open sourced . It is brilliant pice of work. All you need to do is steal it and put wasp logo on it. So hurry up  Grin
That is where you are good at
And to troll of course Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
cesarm

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:22:27 PM

For anyone who can't be bothered to use their brains, the prices are specifically high because they are SAMPLE chips. Its to discourage one developer buying more than they need which is unfair - Avalon will only have a tiny batch until their actual batches for SALE come in.

Hmm i think they should be free for established proven developers.
Such strategy is better for chips adoption.

They don't need better chip adoption, there is limited supply and they have to open it up as a level playing field. There are more developers than there are chips.

Asia has been busy buying 1,000,000s of Avalon chips while the forums have 'boycotted' them thinking its still Yifu when they quite simply don't care. This isn't the company Avalon, this isn't the company that did trade ins, this isn't the company that random batch 1 2 and 3. If people don't want to buy, they don't have to.

You will receive a module to test ? If yes, when ?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:31:26 PM

For anyone who can't be bothered to use their brains, the prices are specifically high because they are SAMPLE chips. Its to discourage one developer buying more than they need which is unfair - Avalon will only have a tiny batch until their actual batches for SALE come in.

They don't need better chip adoption, there is limited supply and they have to open it up as a level playing field. There are more developers than there are chips.

Asia has been busy buying 1,000,000s of Avalon chips while the forums have 'boycotted' them thinking its still Yifu when they quite simply don't care. This isn't the company Avalon, this isn't the company that did trade ins, this isn't the company that random batch 1 2 and 3. If people don't want to buy, they don't have to.

Absolutely no idea. I have no information more than anyone else does.

Avalon-pr (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:47:44 AM

Absolutely no idea. I have no information more than anyone else does.

engineering sample still needs 1~2 weeks
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:19:46 AM

And a note to any developers
Don't use a few chips clocked up to the max, use lots of chips at the lowest w/GH as that's where the market needs to go.

I totally agree with this, but for the manufacturer of the chip, it's more profit to sell less chips on a board for the same price/hashrate.
And for the "independant" builders, the chips are expensive, so they need to do the same, but only to have a fair margin.
I was looking at building my custom boards, mainly for my own use.
The chips would cost me almost half the price of the finished product, and final price was similar to what is actually selling at 0.6$/GH
I had to put roughly 30% more chips on the board to reach better efficiency.
At this point, you'd better buy a finished product and undervolt it, unfortunately.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 07:26:23 AM

I got royally screwed by avalon but they aren't on my boycott list as I appreciate it's not Yifu anymore

Sadly all their products since then have been way overpriced/power hungry compared to the competition.

Time will tell if these new chips and the machines they spawn are worth buying.

And a note to any developers
Don't use a few chips clocked up to the max, use lots of chips at the lowest w/GH as that's where the market needs to go.
I could not agree more.
BUT depends on pricing.
AM is asking 0.3 USD per GHS for bare chips based on overclocked range and in the same time 0.32-0.4 for full un assembled solution.
Usualy sweet spot is @ about 60-70 % of the full speed ASIC chip can do , but the pricing of chips is in the overclocked mode range .
Ant thoughts ?

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:37:42 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 06:23:02 AM by Bicknellski

I have respect to AM and Bitmain past achievements, but they're not high on my list. I don't believe China will be able to compete in 2015

Can you elaborate as to why?
I'm under NDA with various parties, so I can't give concrete information.

In general, to win in 2015 you'll need in descending order of importance:
1) Team or access to team with years of circuit design experience in advance nodes.
2) Access to cheap electricity - sub 0.03 $/KWh or less
3) Cheap production

From what I was able to learn, the Chinese teams (including some publically unknown) has only (3) above.
Some of them are rushing to bleeding edge nodes (TSMC 16 or Samsung/GF 14) but it's not enough.

These competition points raised by Sptech could be valid, but i think he forgot about a major factor that may undermine the whole industrials at this point: btc price..
Whatever cheap electricity or manufacturing costs you could get, peofitability will be driven by btc price obviously. And with it stabilisîng or tanking even more, some rushers might get squeezed and go bankrupt.
Interesting times ahead.
Under current BTC value, the bounty is $1.2BN until the next block incentive halve.
For sake of argument (only Smiley ), let's assume you're able to develop 0.2 $/GHs or 0.1 $/GHs (or below Smiley ) hardware.
How does the math look like ?

Just don't bother buying broken down over priced crap is the lesson for today. Especially from people that have failed to adequately deliver on time to spec consistently. Avoiding this offering might save you more coin in the longer term given the realities of the marketplace.

Avalon's math doesn't add up nor will Marto's. Look elsewhere people.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:05:07 AM

F YOU scammers - reimburse people for your crap from last year. otherwise gtfo

ok
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 02:55:28 AM

You are supposed to forgive them now...it is different this time  Cool
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:02:13 AM

Lol

I was going to hold out for a new BFL product to post that, but might as well here.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 05:07:22 AM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss your concerns in the thread.]

superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 06:06:26 AM

f*ck yifu and his shady bs outfit. scammer for life. he can shove his tech up his as* until he reimburses what he stole

ok
Avalon-pr (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:14:33 AM

f*ck yifu and his shady bs outfit. scammer for life. he can shove his tech up his as* until he reimburses what he stole

Bitsyncom(Yifu Guo) have left Avalon project, right now the Avalon project running by Canaan Creative, Ltd., (founded by     ngzhang) Locate Beijing China.
Avalon-pr (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:33:21 AM

Encapsulation: QFN56-8×8,0.5mm pitch
Rated working voltage: 0.65V – 0.8V
Rated working frequency: 400MHz (typical)
Rated mining speed: 25GHS@400MHz (typical)
Chip reference energy efficiency: 0.4~0.6W/G

Can you prove the stated performance?

Yep.
We've got the chips and tested(~2 weeks ago

You can check the datasheet and waiting for the machine  
You'll never be disappointed Smiley
Avalon-pr (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:42:22 AM

2btc/TH ?
only chips?

omg, too much Smiley

Sample chips for developer
Avalon-pr (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:52:15 AM

Ahaha this must be a joke Cheesy

We will see.     Grin Grin
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 08:42:18 AM

Bitsyncom(Yifu Guo) have left Avalon project, right now the Avalon project running by Canaan Creative, Ltd., (founded by     ngzhang) Locate Beijing China.

Then change the damn company name. "Avalon" makes me itchy! Is that so hard to find a new name?

Yep.
We've got the chips and tested(~2 weeks ago

You can check the datasheet and waiting for the machine 
You'll never be disappointed Smiley

Why not show a proof? People need to pay for the chips in order to see for themselves the performance? Post a damn picture, video, whatever! Otherwise it's BS because you can write whatever you want in the datasheet.

Scammers!

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 08:47:39 AM

Then change the damn company name. "Avalon" makes me itchy! Is that so hard to find a new name?

Canaan Creative is the company name, Avalon is the product brand name like Antminer.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: