Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:04:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRAIG] CraigsCoin | CLASSIFIED ADS ON BLOCKCHAIN 5+ POD BITTREX, CRYPTSY  (Read 257862 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:16:27 PM

more like a pathetic version of Mark Karpeles

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:36:15 PM

Here's a peer.dat that should connect you right up: http://1337n00b.com/peers.dat
BOOOOOYAHHH!

Uploaded peers.dat file and looks like she's lubed up and synching!

Thanks a million!

Noob here... what does the peer.dat file do exactly?

How is it related to a node?

johnnystjohn

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:43:51 AM

Here's a peer.dat that should connect you right up: http://1337n00b.com/peers.dat
BOOOOOYAHHH!

Thanks a million!

Trying to figure out the same.  Here is what i found quickly:

Peers.dat is used to store the peer to peer connections needed to pass the blockchain information, of what transactions have occured, around the Feathercoin network.

Peers.dat used to be plain text, so you could see who was attached, but is now is not human readable directly. You can still see the peers that are attached by starting the debug console in Feathercoin help, and typing getpeerinfo. It shows the IP addresses and version number of clients attached to your wallet.
  Maybe the same for CraigsCoin

found this too on the https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory#Directory_Contents

.lock
        BDB lock file

bitcoin.conf [optional]
        Contains configuration options.

blkxxxx.dat [Versions prior to v0.8.0]
        Contains concatenated raw blocks. Stored are actual Bitcoin blocks, in network format, dumped to disk raw.

blkindex.dat [Versions prior to v0.8.0]
        Indexing information used with blkxxxx.dat

__db.xxx
        Used by BDB

db.log
    debug.log
        Bitcoin's verbose log file. Automatically trimmed from time to time.

wallet.dat
        Storage for keys, transactions, metadata, and options. Please be sure to make backups of this file. It contains the keys necessary for spending your bitcoins.

addr.dat [Versions prior to v0.7.0]
        Storage for ip addresses to make a reconnect easier

peers.dat [Versions v0.7.0 and later]
        Storage for peer information to make a reconnect easier. This file uses a bitcoin-specific file format, unrelated to any database system[1].

The data, index and log files are used by Oracle Berkeley DB, the embedded key/value data store that Bitcoin uses.

So my understanding is that peers.dat is modified each time the wallet is launched.
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:50:06 AM

waiting for Pavel is like waiting for the easter bunny, idiots or children believe he will come & make everyone happy & provide goodies for all, but really he aint coming.....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
3r197

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:57:08 AM

BOOOOOYAHHH!

Thanks a million!

Trying to figure out the same.  Here is what i found quickly:

Peers.dat is used to store the peer to peer connections needed to pass the blockchain information, of what transactions have occured, around the Feathercoin network.

Peers.dat used to be plain text, so you could see who was attached, but is now is not human readable directly. You can still see the peers that are attached by starting the debug console in Feathercoin help, and typing getpeerinfo. It shows the IP addresses and version number of clients attached to your wallet.
  Maybe the same for CraigsCoin

found this too on the https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory#Directory_Contents

.lock
        BDB lock file

bitcoin.conf [optional]
        Contains configuration options.

blkxxxx.dat [Versions prior to v0.8.0]
        Contains concatenated raw blocks. Stored are actual Bitcoin blocks, in network format, dumped to disk raw.

blkindex.dat [Versions prior to v0.8.0]
        Indexing information used with blkxxxx.dat

__db.xxx
        Used by BDB

db.log
    debug.log
        Bitcoin's verbose log file. Automatically trimmed from time to time.

wallet.dat
        Storage for keys, transactions, metadata, and options. Please be sure to make backups of this file. It contains the keys necessary for spending your bitcoins.

addr.dat [Versions prior to v0.7.0]
        Storage for ip addresses to make a reconnect easier

peers.dat [Versions v0.7.0 and later]
        Storage for peer information to make a reconnect easier. This file uses a bitcoin-specific file format, unrelated to any database system[1].

The data, index and log files are used by Oracle Berkeley DB, the embedded key/value data store that Bitcoin uses.

So my understanding is that peers.dat is modified each time the wallet is launched.

"peers.dat [Versions v0.7.0 and later]
        Storage for peer information to make a reconnect easier. This file uses a bitcoin-specific file format, unrelated to any database system[1]."

Thanks Johnny!
So it can potentially help one to download the blockchain faster when a new wallet is created? - as compared to simply downloading and installing the QT program?

It would be nice if there was a way it could also help strengthen (increase) the network weight (in terms of staking). Some people here are having issues with their wallet weight being higher than the network weight, therefore they don't receive the correct stake interest percentage (2%).
I wish there was a way where peer.dat, addr.dat, and addnodes could get the network weight issue resolved. And I'm still wondering if potential bugs in the Mac wallets are causing an issue with the network weight not adjusting correctly.

Anyways...

Thanks again for the response.
3r197

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:19:30 AM

Pavel, could you please let us know if you're still alive and working on this coin?

Man he is on vacation again i think Tongue as i told you guys before name this coin holiday coin  Grin
i have 870k coin but donno what should i do with them ? if Pavel not working on this coin then ask anyone who can take over this project
Need to start looking a the code on github.  Is it valid anyway?  If Pavel actually committed compilable code on github it would make him look less bad after his disappearance. 

Maybe he pulling a Satoshi Nakamoto....    Tongue

How's that code looking?
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:29:13 AM

Need to start looking a the code on github.  Is it valid anyway?  If Pavel actually committed compilable code on github it would make him look less bad after his disappearance. 

Maybe he pulling a Satoshi Nakamoto....    Tongue

To quote something Pavel said last month, "For god sake all code is released - take it and use it!"

johnnystjohn

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:43:51 PM

Need to start looking a the code on github.  Is it valid anyway?  If Pavel actually committed compilable code on github it would make him look less bad after his disappearance.  

Maybe he pulling a Satoshi Nakamoto....    Tongue

To quote something Pavel said last month, "For god sake all code is released - take it and use it!"
Where to start?

C is definitely not my forte... but I did find this well known guide on how to clone altcoins:

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=scrypt_altcoin_cloning_guide

Basing yourself on this it could be possible to find what relations each file has between each other. You can build coin "from scratch".  If code is good it should work with a couple of tweeks.  Not a walk in the park.  Need time and focus for this.

Also if you wish to create TurdCoin, or AssJuiceCoin, or BonerCheeseCoin, using this guide would be an easy way.
You will be able to list is on Bittrex and scam a couple of noobs and feel like a gangsta hacker (more like a little RAT).

Now you know how some of these small time crooks are doing it.  Not geniuses...
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:04:49 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 11:10:05 PM by natmccoy

Need to start looking a the code on github.  Is it valid anyway?  If Pavel actually committed compilable code on github it would make him look less bad after his disappearance.  

Where to start?

C is definitely not my forte... but I did find this well known guide on how to clone altcoins:

Basing yourself on this it could be possible to find what relations each file has between each other. You can build coin "from scratch".  If code is good it should work with a couple of tweeks.  Not a walk in the park.  Need time and focus for this.

Also if you wish to create TurdCoin, or AssJuiceCoin, or BonerCheeseCoin, using this guide would be an easy way.
You will be able to list is on Bittrex and scam a couple of noobs and feel like a gangsta hacker (more like a little RAT).

I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at, but this coin is not a complete clone. It is able to embed ads permanently or temporarily into the blockchain, post ads from the wallet , and he created a website to sort and display the ads. There does seem to be some novel code here.

Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:59:11 PM

Where to start?

dont even have to do that, coingen and others!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
johnnystjohn

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:24:17 AM

Where to start?

I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at, but this coin is not a complete clone. It is able to embed ads permanently or temporarily into the blockchain, post ads from the wallet , and he created a website to sort and display the ads. There does seem to be some novel code here.

Trying to understand the principles of a scypt coin by following this guide.  Some of them should apply to Craigscoin as well. Basically I am referring to this guide to have an idea where to look inside the files and indeed see the differences between Craigscoin and a regular scrypt coin.  i think that's what i'll try to do on my side when I have the opportunity.
johnnystjohn

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:27:47 AM

Where to start?

dont even have to do that, coingen and others!!
WOW MAMA!
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:42:27 PM

I wonder why Pavel is not responding.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 05:14:28 AM

Basically I am referring to this guide to have an idea where to look inside the files and indeed see the differences between Craigscoin and a regular scrypt coin.

Craigscoin is at least a third-generation clone of the May/June 2014 “best-of-breed” hackcoin, shamelessly hijacked by Carsen Keck to be launched as Dreamcoin and popularly cloned thereafter.

https://github.com/dx11/Dreamcoin/blob/master/src/qt/macdockiconhandler.mm#L92: DreamCoin
Code:
        // write temp file DRM (could also be done through QIODevice [memory])

the comment originally read “write temp file hack” before Keck aimed an over-greedy regexp at it. That excessive greed marks all the descendants, including CraigsCoin:

https://github.com/CraigsCoin/CraigsCoin/blob/master/src/qt/macdockiconhandler.mm#L92: CraigsCoin
Code:
        // write temp file CRAIG (could also be done through QIODevice [memory])

Armed with this knowledge, you can now compare the origin directly with the clone and see the additions highlighted.

My technique for maximum clarity is to make a case-sensitive replacement of “DreamCoin” with “ZenCoin”, ditto for lowercase versions. I repeat the exercise for CraigsCoin using “CraigsCoin” and “ZenCoin”. The Devtome post is well-detailed on the steps of renaming.

You can then use a visual diff and merge tool: http://meldmerge.org/ to compare Dreamcoin and CraigsCoin code side-by-side and see exactly where the code differs - they're both ZenCoin and the only remaining differences are now in the actual code.

I went into detail, with illustrative screen grabs, in a post to another thread, you may find it of use.

Cheers

Graham
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:12:42 PM

we really need to do something to get this coin going again. It is such a great idea which is already working, we just need a serious dev team otherwise it will always be a case of 'waiting for pavel' . He never comes!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:19:26 PM

he already got rich of the scam. why would he respond?
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:24:12 PM

he already got rich of the scam. why would he respond?
I doubt he is a scammer. I'd say a lousy developer, bad marketeer and liar (did not do the things that he promised to the investors.. yet).
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:28:28 AM

he turns up once every 2 or 3 months , types a couple of lines and fucks off. No progress, no work. One hell of a developer!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
3r197

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 11:56:56 AM

Had to reboot my computer.

Now I can't get the wallet to sync up. Huh

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:58:13 AM

Had to reboot my computer.

Now I can't get the wallet to sync up. Huh

I just noticed that I stopped receiving stakes every 30 seconds, looked and I have 0 active connections to the network. Restarted the wallet, still 0. Will try to restart my computer later, but that's strange.

Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: