Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:42:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRAIG] CraigsCoin | CLASSIFIED ADS ON BLOCKCHAIN 5+ POD BITTREX, CRYPTSY  (Read 257861 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CraigsCoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 09:53:34 PM

The dynamic fee schedule seems like an unnecessary complex problem with no easy solution.

What is wrong with Bitcoin's fee schedule?  Set a minimum fee and then allow for people to change that fee if they want.  Given CraigsCoin will be very cheap, relative to Bitcoin, any minimum fee would be more than fair and acceptable.

There's no need to waste so much time, money and resources on something unnecessary, like dynamic fees.  Cause even if you found a solution, it would not give CraigsCoin any real competitive advantage so let's spend our time and resources on things that do add real value.

The fee we are talking about is not standard transaction fee but AD posting fee that serves very different purpose. It was introduced as a natural anti-spam solution. At the early stage of development I thought that it would be good idea to make coin mineable and make ADTx fee be adjusted with difficulty (it is possible to calculate how much electricity being spent on mining and therefore estimate real value of the coin). My initial design was to set cost per AD posting ~5cents/ad. And let it be adjusted. Then I realized that mining with big reward make coin price constantly fall and therefore will not be very good in long run so instead of POW+POS I decided to make in 100% POS. Without POW there is not much I can rely on to estimate coin value and the market is the only judge. But what is market? Market is an exchange and exchange always can stop existing (look at MintPal for example). There are countless of other issues why coin may not be friendly for that or another exchange (someone sells illegal stuff through blockchain - bam, got delisted). So in the end I used most simple solution - make ADTx fee constant solid 5 coins per ad. However that solution is not the best either because it sets natural limit on the price. If coin will be at some point used by someone - price will not rice above certain number because who want to pay 100$ just to post 1 AD? I thought that it is very bad for investors - because obviously everyone want to price constantly grow, but now, when I think about it again and after several trials and errors I think that maybe constant ADTx fee is not a bad thing - it may be sets upper limit to the price, but it also adds certain degree of stability for the users - the kind of stability that is not available for other coins. That all in theory of course and I would love to hear your suggestions on that account.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:31:54 PM

This coin is a great idea. I have an investment tip for anyone who bought the ICO and lost money. Buy more CRAIG right now.

MystPhysX

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:33:38 AM

This coin is a great idea. I have an investment tip for anyone who bought the ICO and lost money. Buy more CRAIG right now.
Rather not. This coin is like Greece at the moment.

3r197

Activity: 732

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:54:50 PM

The dynamic fee schedule seems like an unnecessary complex problem with no easy solution.

What is wrong with Bitcoin's fee schedule?  Set a minimum fee and then allow for people to change that fee if they want.  Given CraigsCoin will be very cheap, relative to Bitcoin, any minimum fee would be more than fair and acceptable.

There's no need to waste so much time, money and resources on something unnecessary, like dynamic fees.  Cause even if you found a solution, it would not give CraigsCoin any real competitive advantage so let's spend our time and resources on things that do add real value.

The fee we are talking about is not standard transaction fee but AD posting fee that serves very different purpose. It was introduced as a natural anti-spam solution. At the early stage of development I thought that it would be good idea to make coin mineable and make ADTx fee be adjusted with difficulty (it is possible to calculate how much electricity being spent on mining and therefore estimate real value of the coin). My initial design was to set cost per AD posting ~5cents/ad. And let it be adjusted. Then I realized that mining with big reward make coin price constantly fall and therefore will not be very good in long run so instead of POW+POS I decided to make in 100% POS. Without POW there is not much I can rely on to estimate coin value and the market is the only judge. But what is market? Market is an exchange and exchange always can stop existing (look at MintPal for example). There are countless of other issues why coin may not be friendly for that or another exchange (someone sells illegal stuff through blockchain - bam, got delisted). So in the end I used most simple solution - make ADTx fee constant solid 5 coins per ad. However that solution is not the best either because it sets natural limit on the price. If coin will be at some point used by someone - price will not rice above certain number because who want to pay 100$ just to post 1 AD? I thought that it is very bad for investors - because obviously everyone want to price constantly grow, but now, when I think about it again and after several trials and errors I think that maybe constant ADTx fee is not a bad thing - it may be sets upper limit to the price, but it also adds certain degree of stability for the users - the kind of stability that is not available for other coins. That all in theory of course and I would love to hear your suggestions on that account.

Did you read my idea a few posts back - regarding using website ad banner revenue to regulate the price of ad tx fees?
CraigsCoin (OP)

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 03:25:16 PM

Did you read my idea a few posts back - regarding using website ad banner revenue to regulate the price of ad tx fees?

I did. Not a very good idea since, again sites are centralized. Also my idea is to encourage as many people to host their own copy of the site as possible and profit from banners etc. That`s why I made site code open as well.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
RD965

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:55:09 PM

look, I'm trying to build Windows Qt from https://github.com/CraigsCoin/CraigsCoin/blob/master/doc/readme-qt.rst , just to play around with the code, and guess what? only dead link appeared.
http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/sdk-windows-cpp
https://download.visucore.com/craigscoin/qtgui_deps_1.zip

Sooo going really well for a coin that had investors  Grin
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:15:15 AM

This is a complex thing to build. You have to give them a year to work on it.

I hope community members are buying this coin right now and not a whale.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 01:33:21 AM

Pavel, can you give us a rough estimate of how many Bitcoins are left from the ICO?

For me personally that would be a good way to gauge the potential current market value of this coin, at least short term.  Cause right now I think it's trading well below its current cash value which I think makes it a steal.

Regards...

Vlad

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:01:53 AM

+1

Those with patience stand to gain the most with craigscoin.

CraigsCoin (OP)

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 08:26:31 AM

Pavel, can you give us a rough estimate of how many Bitcoins are left from the ICO?

For me personally that would be a good way to gauge the potential current market value of this coin, at least short term.  Cause right now I think it's trading well below its current cash value which I think makes it a steal.

Regards...

Vlad

I don't think that it is a very good idea. There are funds left. Not 400 BTC though.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
3r197

Activity: 732

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:35:24 PM

I agree. Pavel's trying to keep it as decentralized as possible, which will be nearly impossible, but the more effort spent in keeping it set at that precendence the better the coin long term.

Sucks that the ICO worked out like it did, I don't know why they all seem to work out like that - but if this coin keeps innovating on top of it's existing function it will force others to keep an eye on it.
I see the problem with the ad system is simply from lack of adoption for it to be feasible to be of use to post an ad. Looking at the history, Moscow is the area where the ads have been utilized the most, this would be a great starting point for the future of the coin, yet it's still up in air as to what the Russian government restrictions will be for cryptocurrencies in the future. They still are working on writting the new law and nothing is set in stone: http://cointelegraph.com/news/112815/it-is-impossible-to-technically-ban-decentralized-cryptocurrencies-due-to-the-nature-of-the-internet-evgeny-volovik
Lets hope they come to grips that digital currencies have a viable future to help economies, not stifle them.

Since adoption takes time and ads posted will more or less have to start in big cities to make feasible - as in people can transact face to face, I can't wait to hear when the digital auction house will take shape where some sort of multi-sig escrow system could help people to post ads and not have to worry that they can't find anybody in their local area to transact in person.

Banger42

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:07:59 PM

You think by deleting posts everyday that will give the community confidence that your not scamming them?

Dude, give it a rest already. The only way he would be scamming investors would be if he ran off after the ICO, or stopped working to improve the coin, but he's still here 6 weeks later. He is working on the coin, which is exactly what he is supposed to be doing. It was an ICO, everyone who bought into it knew the initial proceeds would go to the dev. Everything is how it is supposed to be.

You are acting like a crazy person, go find something valuable to do with your time.

The only crazy people here are the people who believe this coin still has a future.  

YOU ARE TOTALY IDIOT!

What coders are coding what?

Is that a stupid question that the dev should delete without answering?  

Go fuck yourself!

You have sold your Craigs down to 39 sat (thank you btw Wink ), so go ahead and search some other coin.
By staying here and talking fud, your funds are not coming back.
So what are you doing here?
Banger
CraigsCoin (OP)

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 04:28:09 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 05:53:31 PM by CraigsCoin

If you want me to shut up and leave I will, if I have no support, I will go.  I promise.

Shut up and leave. You have no support. Follow your promise.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
cryptomass

Activity: 325

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:34:09 PM

Pavel,
the wallet was compiled for a 64 bit system only?
I get this error: "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error" on my 32bit Ubuntu.
Thanks.
mass
CraigsCoin (OP)

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 07:27:20 PM

Pavel,
I get this error: "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error" on my 32bit Ubuntu.
Thanks.
mass

Sorry I saw you were asking this before and I was about to answer but something distracted me.
The answer is yes - you will have to rebuild wallet from source for your system.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
cryptomass

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:28:35 PM

Pavel,
Thanks.
mass

Sorry I saw you were asking this before and I was about to answer but something distracted me.
The answer is yes - you will have to rebuild wallet from source for your system.

Thank you Pavel.
I'll go through the pain of compiling the wallet, I don't want to keep the CRAIGs I am accumulating, on Trex!
Do you have anyone to refer to in case of errors or this thread is fine for tech questions?
cryptomass

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 08:46:43 PM

Pavel,
Thanks.
mass

Thank you Pavel.
I'll go through the pain of compiling the wallet, I don't want to keep the CRAIGs I am accumulating, on Trex!
Do you have anyone to refer to in case of errors or this thread is fine for tech questions?

Here we go, I'm posting the last rows before compiling stopped because of an error:

In file included from src/qt/adspage.cpp:5:0:
build/ui_postad.h: In member function ‘void Ui_PostAd::retranslateUi(QDialog*)’:
build/ui_postad.h:520:23: error: ‘class QPlainTextEdit’ has no member named ‘setPlaceholderText’
         editContacts->setPlaceholderText(QString());
                       ^
build/ui_postad.h:527:22: error: ‘class QPlainTextEdit’ has no member named ‘setPlaceholderText’
         editMessage->setPlaceholderText(QString());
                      ^
make: *** [build/adspage.o] Error 1

As usual I executed
qmake
make
inside the craigscoin-master folder.

Anyone can give me some help?
Thanks a lot.
mass
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 09:20:32 PM

I see a lot of people freaking out about the 400 Bitcoins being gone.

Tell me, what dev steals 400 Bitcoins then sticks around a shitty thread and actually puts up with questions from angry trolls?

Pavel would be on a nice vacation in Sunny Southern Italy right now if he was a scammer.

400 Bitcoins is a huge amount of money - I've been buying Bitcoins for 18 months with most of my paychecks and I'm nowhere close to that amount.  If CraigsCoin was a scam the dev would have been gone a long time ago.

So be smart and if you have the money then buy more - I see nothing but massive accumulation on the exchanges so do the same if you've got the Bitcoins.

As for Pavel, it would be nice to know just roughly what % of the Bitcoins are still there.  Whenever you feel comfortable - and I would just take your word for it; no need to post a wallet address.

Regards...

Vlad

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 09:36:58 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 09:53:10 PM by fartbags

I see a lot of people freaking out about the 400 Bitcoins being gone.

Tell me, what dev steals 400 Bitcoins then sticks around a shitty thread and actually puts up with questions from angry trolls?

Pavel would be on a nice vacation in Sunny Southern Italy right now if he was a scammer.

400 Bitcoins is a huge amount of money - I've been buying Bitcoins for 18 months with most of my paychecks and I'm nowhere close to that amount.  If CraigsCoin was a scam the dev would have been gone a long time ago.

So be smart and if you have the money then buy more - I see nothing but massive accumulation on the exchanges so do the same if you've got the Bitcoins.

As for Pavel, it would be nice to know just roughly what % of the Bitcoins are still there.  Whenever you feel comfortable - and I would just take your word for it; no need to post a wallet address.

Regards...

Vlad

If you can find out the bitcoin addresses used in this ICO then you have your answer for the rest of time.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 10:29:59 PM

Pavel, how would you feel about doing a coin BuyBack?

I just realized that at 200 Satoshi, all 30 million coins are worth only 60 Bitcoins.

You could easily buy back 5-10 million coins and permanently retire them.  That would do wonders for the credibility of the coin and the value of CraigsCoin as well.

I realize there's a lot of work that needs to be paid for as well; therefore, such a BuyBack program would need to take that into consideration.

Regards...

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: