Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:48:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRAIG] CraigsCoin | CLASSIFIED ADS ON BLOCKCHAIN 5+ POD BITTREX, CRYPTSY  (Read 257862 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:49:46 PM

Hi!

I'm not following the forum every day, so forgive me if my questions have already been addressed...
If I'm right, I recall one of the biggest problem with this kind of coin is the blockchain bloating.
How's development going on for this aspect?
There's no more mentions of it in the OP page.

I would also like to know what has been thought to address the spam problem.
I don't think that putting a fee would solve it.

Maybe we can use our time on this forum to do some brainstorming, rise in value will follow for sure.

Pavel, it would be nice if you kept us updated on what the coders are doing now and in which direction development is moving in regard to this and other issues.

Thanks a lot.
mass

I also asked those questions but never got an answers from Pavel...

I would also join and ask what the coders are doing now and what developments are planned.
Please keep us a little more informed about the plans for the future of CraigsCoin.

+1

I support this coin, I support Pavel, I am one of the largest holders of this coin. I have no complaint about the value since launch.

However, you all are correct. Pavel needs to start saying: "We have x number of coders, they are working on x right now. The problem they are having is x, but it should be finished by y"

That would be very easy and would take him 10-20 minutes every week.

cryptomass

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:04:19 PM

I also own quite a few Craig and I feel this project could go very far!  Smiley
I'm sure we can bring this thread back to a constructive discussion about how to improve the coin with fresh new ideas! ... and leave the heaters and fudsters out of the door!

Pavel please share with us what's boiling up so we can share with you our thoughts and suggestions! Wink
Thanks.
mass
SnjafSnjaf

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 06:40:31 PM

I'm sure we can bring this thread back to a constructive discussion about how to improve the coin with fresh new ideas! ... and leave the heaters and fudsters out of the door!

Pavel please share with us what's boiling up so we can share with you our thoughts and suggestions! Wink
Thanks.
mass

That is the precise reason why i asked those questions but he ignored them even thou i asked 4 times... I hope that he will address our questions as soon as possible so that brainstorm can begin. Smiley
Banger42

Activity: 379

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:07:50 PM

Thanks.
mass

That is the precise reason why i asked those questions but he ignored them even thou i asked 4 times... I hope that he will address our questions as soon as possible so that brainstorm can begin. Smiley

+1
Maharaja

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:01:24 PM

I'm holding my small, but fine stash. I believe in the concept and value of it!

3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:07:17 PM

Don't get mad in 5 years when you have no coins to post classified ads on the go to decentralized classifieds app.

Lol,
That will be the day, huh? Grin

Once graphene chips take over silicone valley, I see it very doable - loading up the blockchain and posting ads on a smart phone on the go!
Heck, if you've got enough staking on your smart phone, maybe the lack of coins won't be an issue at all. And maybe by then, an ad will only cost 5000 "Crags" - fragment of a Craig (similar to satoshi).  Grin

I'm actually more eager to see quantum computers. Too bad they will probably destroy current gen of crypto algorithms since they would be able to brute force sha256 within hours.

Damn, did even know the concept existed! Can't imagine how one would fix a bug or quarantine a virus, lol! #totally beyond me! Grin

On a side note - interesting article: http://briankellycap.tumblr.com/post/101929689992/ruble-collapse-could-fuel-next-bitcoin-run

Cheers!
3r197

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:14:19 PM

I'm holding my small, but fine stash. I believe in the concept and value of it!

I agree! If one is to invest in an alt coin, logically, that alt should at least have a reason to invest in it other than the typical alts out there that are just another coin faster than BTC.
CraigsCoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 09:53:46 PM

Hi!

I'm not following the forum every day, so forgive me if my questions have already been addressed...
If I'm right, I recall one of the biggest problem with this kind of coin is the blockchain bloating.
How's development going on for this aspect?
There's no more mentions of it in the OP page.

I would also like to know what has been thought to address the spam problem.
I don't think that putting a fee would solve it.

Maybe we can use our time on this forum to do some brainstorming, rise in value will follow for sure.

Pavel, it would be nice if you kept us updated on what the coders are doing now and in which direction development is moving in regard to this and other issues.

Thanks a lot.
mass

I also asked those questions but never got an answers from Pavel...

I would also join and ask what the coders are doing now and what developments are planned.
Please keep us a little more informed about the plans for the future of CraigsCoin.

+1

I support this coin, I support Pavel, I am one of the largest holders of this coin. I have no complaint about the value since launch.

However, you all are correct. Pavel needs to start saying: "We have x number of coders, they are working on x right now. The problem they are having is x, but it should be finished by y"

That would be very easy and would take him 10-20 minutes every week.

x=2. One c++ coder and one web coder. Apparently web coder will be replaced soon because he is unable to deliver search that works on site.
Regarding blockchain bloat - the issue is harder to implement that we were expected - this is exactly where c++ coder is digging atm.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
CraigsCoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 10:17:54 PM

Thanks.
mass

Sorry I missed them. Brainstorm would be useful.

Let's think about spam problem and what should be done with ADTx fee. Nobody working in that direction because there is no decision on that account yet.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:38:48 PM

x=2. One c++ coder and one web coder. Apparently web coder will be replaced soon because he is unable to deliver search that works on site.
Regarding blockchain bloat - the issue is harder to implement that we were expected - this is exactly where c++ coder is digging atm.

Thank you! Even just that little bit of information is huge for us powerless people on the other side of things.

--How will you be replacing the web coder? From the website: "Good thing is that I have friends at Yandex, and I am confident that I will be able to hire knowledgeable people..." Is this still a possibility?

If not, as others have said there are many great coders who will work cheaply. There could have been a lot more progress made on this coin by now with the right coder. You've just got to reach out and find them, aren't there Russian programming forums? There's got to be some 17-year-old Russian computer genius in his parents basement who will whip up a beautiful website in a month for 2 bitcoins.

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:46:17 PM

Let's think about spam problem and what should be done with ADTx fee. Nobody working in that direction because there is no decision on that account yet.

---Adaptive ADTx fee will partly help to solve the spam problem. Not many people will want to pay $0.30 to post "ass ass ass ass"!

Right now an ad costs $0.0028, so people can post 4 ads for a penny, there is nothing to discourage spam.

From the website: "I invented a formula that reflects CRAIG market price and automatically adjust the fee accordingly. This formula is hard coded into the coin itself in order to stay decentralized and independent of any external market/exchange."

^^^^^Please just implement that formula^^^^^

It does not matter that exchanges are centralized like you said before. It just matters that ADTx fee matches the value of the coin.

It should not cost $0.30 though. I would be interested to hear what others think, but $0.20 or $0.25 seems more reasonable.

cryptomass

Activity: 325

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:10:31 PM

---Adaptive ADTx fee will partly help to solve the spam problem. Not many people will want to pay $0.30 to post "ass ass ass ass"!

Right now an ad costs $0.0028, so people can post 4 ads for a penny, there is nothing to discourage spam.

From the website: "I invented a formula that reflects CRAIG market price and automatically adjust the fee accordingly. This formula is hard coded into the coin itself in order to stay decentralized and independent of any external market/exchange."

It does not matter that exchanges are centralized like you said before. It just matters that ADTx fee matches the value of the coin.

It should not cost $0.30 though. I would be interested to hear what others think, but $0.20 or $0.25 seems more reasonable.

Maybe we need a decentralized exchange first, in case Craig is banned from exchanges as Pavel pointed out.
Then we can have a dynamic fee, but I don't think 0,3$ is too much, I was thinking much more, something like 1$.
Also I'm thinking if we can try to peg the value of a Craig to something... but I need to think about it some more.

This will not solve spam problems anyway, maybe it will help reduce it, but 1$ or 0.5$ won't stop people to post stupid things if they want to.

Here we need to evolve as a community and try to mature. Maybe we need to confirm every post, like we need confirmations for normal transactions.
Let's say before a post is passed into the blockchain it needs to have 75% (or 100% or 51% etc) positive valuation (and a minimum number of votes)

Tx adv fee will be used in part to keep development alive and in part to pay those who take part in the confirmation process.
It may become even a job for some people, and a real life application for a cryptocoin.

I'm throwing these ideas on the table for now.

P.S: forgive my English, I need to brush it up.

3r197

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:31:47 PM

Well the idea was brought up in the past (I think) where ad posts weren't exactly - "forever".

What if there was a layout set up where if someone wanted to post an ad for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, or until fulfilled, etc, etc, etc... - the Ad tx fee would be variable price per time allotted per ad. No more indefinite spam, as that would cost "a pretty penny" so to speak. Once the ad is fulfilled or canceled due to time constraint, the issuer must "ante up" again to rebroadcast the ad?
I'm no computer tech blockchain master, but I'm more than happy to throw out ideas that cross my head antenna?
Thoughts?
natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:36:05 PM

Maybe we need a decentralized exchange first, in case Craig is banned from exchanges as Pavel pointed out.
Then we can have a dynamic fee, but I don't think 0,3$ is too much, I was thinking much more, something like 1$.
Also I'm thinking if we can try to peg the value of a Craig to something... but I need to think about it some more.

This will not solve spam problems anyway, maybe it will help reduce it, but 1$ or 0.5$ won't stop people to post stupid things if they want to.

Here we need to evolve as a community and try to mature. Maybe we need to confirm every post, like we need confirmations for normal transactions.
Let's say before a post is passed into the blockchain it needs to have 75% (or 100% or 51% etc) positive valuation (and a minimum number of votes)

Tx adv fee will be used in part to keep development alive and in part to pay those who take part in the confirmation process.
It may become even a job for some people, and a real life application for a cryptocoin.

Why would it be banned from exchanges?
--------
I would like community voting to approve posts, but that too is susceptible to fud or spam. At this point, 5 people downvoting every submission would mean nothing gets posted.
--------
Your English is fine

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:43:04 PM

Well the idea was brought up in the past (I think) where ad posts weren't exactly - "forever".

What if there was a layout set up where if someone wanted to post an ad for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, or until fulfilled, etc, etc, etc... - the Ad tx fee would be variable price per time allotted per ad. No more indefinite spam, as that would cost "a pretty penny" so to speak. Once the ad is fulfilled or canceled due to time constraint, the issuer must "ante up" again to rebroadcast the ad?
I'm no computer tech blockchain master, but I'm more than happy to throw out ideas that cross my head antenna?
Thoughts?

I like this idea! It could be a better deal as you buy a longer duration: $0.01 for a 1 day ad, $0.05 for a week, $0.15 for a month, $1 for a year, $2 for a permanent post.

Short-duration ads could flick across the main page of the ad-website every 5 seconds, since they are more time sensitive, they should be seen first, and could even be location based. So if you are in Russia, you go to the ad website, an ad 5 miles away is there, then 5 or 10 seconds later it slides to the left and another add slides in from the right. Then ofcourse you could search and sort for whatever you want from there.

natmccoy
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:45:53 PM

Article from today: "How to fight blockchain bloat"

http://bitcoinagile.com/2D180C/ensuring-network-scalibility-how-to-fight-blockchain-bloat-bitcoin

3r197

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:48:14 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 12:02:18 PM by 3r197

Why would it be banned from exchanges?

I don't recall Pavel ever stating that? Did he? At one point, people were FUDing that the volume was too low on Bittrex and that it would be removed. This hasn't happened. The beauty of it is is that Cryptsy, doesn't work that way. The other beauty of it is is that CraigsCoin has the potential to become a self sufficient exchange once the digital auction house and smart contracting comes into play. So no worries here.
3r197

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:56:38 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 12:01:28 PM by 3r197

Thoughts?

I like this idea! It could be a better deal as you buy a longer duration: $0.01 for a 1 day ad, $0.05 for a week, $0.15 for a month, $1 for a year, $2 for a permanent post.

Short-duration ads could flick across the main page of the ad-website every 5 seconds, since they are more time sensitive, they should be seen first, and could even be location based. So if you are in Russia, you go to the ad website, an ad 5 miles away is there, then 5 or 10 seconds later it slides to the left and another add slides in from the right. Then ofcourse you could search and sort for whatever you want from there.

That's kind of the beauty of it. Why worry about a bloated blockchain when ads can just be deleted due to time restraint - if desired! If I want to sell a baseball card to someone, and I finally make a positive transaction, why would I want that ad still on the blockchain?

3r197

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:07:01 AM

Thoughts?

Now you are talking!!! Exactly!!! Just as Craigslist website is branched off for local areas... the possibilities are endless!!  Grin
SnjafSnjaf

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:12:01 AM

Thoughts?

Now you are talking!!! Exactly!!! Just as Craigslist website is branched off for local areas... the possibilities are endless!!  Grin

Could be a good idea, but imo prices should be higher... Anyway, any kind of time limited ads would be good solution.
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: