Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:34:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRAIG] CraigsCoin | CLASSIFIED ADS ON BLOCKCHAIN 5+ POD BITTREX, CRYPTSY  (Read 257862 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:08:50 AM

I figured we'd see some price drops while the dev is away for a week, I suppose I'll continue to accumulate and lower my average. Although I'm not super pleased with the price at 100 satoshi, I'm not sure how much lower it can reasonably go, Pavel will slowly release features, he's talking to people in the blocknet forum and says he will post an update when he returns from his trip.

I'm just trying to make sense of this, current price puts us around a $10,000 market cap, something like $120,000 went into the ico. Could we maintain a $5,000 marketcap or is the project valued at more than that in its current state?

It's still only 2 months old, I guess there is no telling what will happen, this is just the strangest situation value-wise.

SnjafSnjaf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 11:19:37 AM

I figured we'd see some price drops while the dev is away for a week, I suppose I'll continue to accumulate and lower my average. Although I'm not super pleased with the price at 100 satoshi, I'm not sure how much lower it can reasonably go, Pavel will slowly release features, he's talking to people in the blocknet forum and says he will post an update when he returns from his trip.

I'm just trying to make sense of this, current price puts us around a $10,000 market cap, something like $120,000 went into the ico. Could we maintain a $5,000 marketcap or is the project valued at more than that in its current state?

It's still only 2 months old, I guess there is no telling what will happen, this is just the strangest situation value-wise.

You are right, but lets face it... Pavel isn't that much active on this thread(and he should be, since we pointed that out many times) thou he is active and he is communicating with other DEV's about development and about Blocknet integration. We need more information about progress and where are things at, development wise.   
mandular

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:34:58 PM

I will be in business trip until November 27th.
I'll post an update when I get back.

A lot of time to wait. You don't have internet there ?
Parazonium

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:01:41 PM

I will be in business trip until November 27th.
I'll post an update when I get back.

A lot of time to wait. You don't have internet there ?

He is just a reasonable Dev and wants to save the ICO funds:

[Suspicious link removed]j.com/digits/2014/11/18/passenger-stuck-with-1171-wi-fi-bill-on-singapore-airlines-flight/[/url]

omnik

Activity: 569

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:03:50 PM

Wow... 85 satoshis.
SnjafSnjaf

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:43:25 AM

Thats about it for me.

Good luck here guys I am out. 

The most beautiful words i have ever seen! This is actually going to be a great day! 
Sapfon

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:48:20 AM

What kind of price people are expecting to see for Craigscoin ? I mean for real... Currently really low but seen a few coins that ended up being worthless (crack, denarius etc).
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:35:52 PM

What kind of price people are expecting to see for Craigscoin ? I mean for real... Currently really low but seen a few coins that ended up being worthless (crack, denarius etc).

Who knows, people ARE still buying despite what a few recent posts would have you believe, there are still hundreds of dollars of craigscoin being bought up. The dev is gone for a week, and that could result in some real negative thread posts, so beware. However he has stuck around for 2 months after the ICO and has mentioned what is being worked on, he's bad at public relations but I do believe that work is being done on this project, he basically said one guy was having problems with a tough issue and another needs to be replaced. and before people say that I'm in denial and yada yada, the amount that I have invested in this is not a huge amount of money to me, I'm just trying to look at at this realistically. If it goes down to a quarter of current price, nearly all of the coins could be purchased for little more than $1,000, then you can have some real price manipulation.

I'm holding on tight and staking my coins. The risk/reward ratio is nice, if you manage to accumulate quite a few coins at 75 satoshi then in 2 months pavel unveils some impressive website features and blocknet integration, you could get a 5-10x return.

Things do not always happen fast in the programming world, and investors in the crypto world are very impatient. Silicon valley companies sometimes take a year+ to develop their websites, apps etc. They just wait until they are done to unveil them to the public. Pavel released this very early to get funding, so after 2 months everyone sees it as a huge disappointment.

In hindsight, yes ICO investors got burned bad, but coming in now at 80-140 satoshi may be a really good deal, but who knows...

SnjafSnjaf

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:24:07 PM

Who knows, people ARE still buying despite what a few recent posts would have you believe, there are still hundreds of dollars of craigscoin being bought up. The dev is gone for a week, and that could result in some real negative thread posts, so beware. However he has stuck around for 2 months after the ICO and has mentioned what is being worked on, he's bad at public relations but I do believe that work is being done on this project, he basically said one guy was having problems with a tough issue and another needs to be replaced. and before people say that I'm in denial and yada yada, the amount that I have invested in this is not a huge amount of money to me, I'm just trying to look at at this realistically. If it goes down to a quarter of current price, nearly all of the coins could be purchased for little more than $1,000, then you can have some real price manipulation.

I'm holding on tight and staking my coins. The risk/reward ratio is nice, if you manage to accumulate quite a few coins at 75 satoshi then in 2 months pavel unveils some impressive website features and blocknet integration, you could get a 5-10x return.

Things do not always happen fast in the programming world, and investors in the crypto world are very impatient. Silicon valley companies sometimes take a year+ to develop their websites, apps etc. They just wait until they are done to unveil them to the public. Pavel released this very early to get funding, so after 2 months everyone sees it as a huge disappointment.

In hindsight, yes ICO investors got burned bad, but coming in now at 80-140 satoshi may be a really good deal, but who knows...

+1

I already made few bucks with this price swings and if Pavel deliver few things in foreseeable future price will rise dramatically. 
3r197

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 10:06:33 PM

Agreed!! As I've said many times before, the current conglomerate of cryptocurrency investers is nothing but a bunch of 15-40 year old computer techies with ADHD with no real sense of patience.

Trust me. Pavel's got some interesting features coming to the website.
For me, rather than just complain about the current price, I've been PMing Pavel ideas as they cross my head - some I think he really likes and would be somewhat simple to implement into the website. Don't want to post that info until he's completed it - and no, I'm not in some inside circle! I don't know what or when it will be implemented.

So:
Yes, the website needs some finesse and some new features - but that's not the end of the world.
Yes, the search engine is still in progress - they want to get it right and  they will. If just 'anyone' could make a system like Google or Yandex, then I'd think they'd be a dime a dozen. Yet, the system isn't adopted enough to really worry about that hindering it yet.
Yes, the Mac wallet need some work!
Yes, the digital auction house IMO would create an immediate increase in adoption - yet this smart contract tech is still in it's early stage even for older coins. So give it some time.

And finally, to all you dumpers (whoever you are) I want to say, "Thank you!"

Edit: and please don't PM me asking what these ideas are - try thinking up your own. If you really think it's a great idea, PM Pavel about it.

sdersdf3

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 06:12:16 AM

Lets be honest here guys, enough with the bullshit one way or the other.

Things are looking bad all over.

That's the truth - even bitcoin is looking like a dumpcoin these days. It's clearly a bear market out there and people are sick of scams and inept devs.

I'm holding out hope for
Nectar: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=812124.msg9090897#msg9090897
NEM: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7350595#msg7350595
Ethereum: http://ethereum.org/
which seem to be good ground floor opportunities with solid, capable and passionate dev teams and great concepts.

Much of what remains out there is either crap or being treated as crap by the markets.
CryptoFlips

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 05:53:28 AM

Price is down like hell what the hell is going on ? CRAIG is good coin but Dev is making us fool or what ? Net problem ? Trip ? and etc etc Roll Eyes these days no serious developer so far  Undecided
you just gotta pick the right coins.
sdersdf3

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:38:26 AM

Its no wonder the alt coin market is shrinking.  Pavel just sucked 433 btc out of the market and into his pocket and this btc will never return to the alt market.

Who knows about Pavel, but there is an argument circulating out there that one of the big reasons bitcoins and alts are all so weak these days are all the ICOs - all the btc sucked out of the system and, presumably, converted for FIAT. Big drop in BTC coincides with the massive ICOs for BitBay, SuperNET, BlockNET, etc.
That plus all the scams certainly explains a lot of this terrible bear market.

Looks like this is a rare occasion where I actually can agree with you here.  I know quite a few people who have been burnt by scam coins who are gone and they wont return.  This whole industry is shooting itself in the foot and a bit of regulation might actually be a good thing although I dont know how that could work.  

I've said it before - the experience of altcoins over the past year has been in one sense very positive but in another sense very negative. It has really shaken my confidence in free markets, libertarianism and humans and human nature (that most humans, when more free to do the right thing, will do the right thing). Lots of humans suck - more robots/code please.

There's a reason for government/regulations - because there are too many people who can't be counted on to regulate themselves. It's sad, because that's the kind of thinking that ultimately empowers fat-government types and other power elites in the US and Europe that have destroyed those economies, but let's face it, where's the compelling alternative?

Crypto was supposed to be one of them. Maybe it will still evolve to become that, but it's not that today. Far from it. Even bitcoin's a pump-and-dump altcoin now.
sdersdf3

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:55:10 AM

Well I guess I am a bit more optimistic than you here.  Yes human nature sucks sometimes but there is more good in people than bad and the right outcome will be reached eventually.  What that outcome is, is anybody's guess, but blockchain technology is here to stay and it will change the world, we just dont know how at this stage.  

I did like the blocknet idea as a way to regulate coins as far as the coin needs to be viable and solid to be able to join the system.  That way a lot of p&d coins wouldn't get of the ground as they would have little credibility if they are not part of the bigger picture.  But even blocknet cant at this stage be excluded from being another pump and dump scheme, just bigger.

Maybe there needs to be an altcoin advisory board or foundation that cant be manipulated somehow.

Well, PODs might be an early step toward that. And - another area of agreement - blockchain 2.0 tech (like Ethereum and Counterparty) have the potential to enable viable decentralised reputation systems and associations that can manage the kind of thing you talk about it, and in a way that's validated by crypto consensus and less subject to abuse and gaming.

One thing's for sure - crypto 1.0 (like CRAIG) is done.

sdersdf3

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:57:38 PM

We are in total agreement here and that has never happened before, so the world must be changing already lol.  

But I definitely think another coin/protocol will come along and give bitcoin a run for its money.  What that is and how long it takes is anybody's guess.  My personal opinion is that it will be an anon coin that will be the next big coin and thats where my bets are on.  Zero knowledge transactions is and will be needed and so far Shadow(SDC) is winning the race by a mile.  

Bitcoin hasn't done enough with its 12 months of fame (infamy?) to encourage mainstream use. Mainstream use is the holy grail before anything else, imho.

I think bitcoin could be replaced by a very user-friendly ecosystem with apps people (like grandma) will actually use
- Ethereum (have you seen this GUI demo?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgNjs_WaFSc&feature=player_detailpage#t=373)
- Nectar (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=812124.msg9090897#msg9090897)
- Counterparty (their devs have been bankrolled by Overstock's CEO to build a robust decentralised alternative Wall Street)
- and maybe NEM.

And Nectar, NEM and Ethereum are ground floor or close to ground floor opportunities that haven't even been traded or fully traded yet.

With so many other coins that have been out there for a while, you just run the risk of getting dumped on by earlier adopters/buyers.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:56:36 PM

While you wait for Craig to wake up get some Snowballs! rising to 10,000%  POS over next few days , thats 14% daily right now , will be 60% daily!!!!! Im staking like a motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!:)Wink Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
SnjafSnjaf

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

While you wait for Craig to wake up get some Snowballs! rising to 10,000%  POS over next few days , thats 14% daily right now , will be 60% daily!!!!! Im staking like a motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!:)Wink Smiley

To high inflation for my taste  Roll Eyes
LovSan

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

(●´ω´●) Nil de nihilo fit

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:57:25 PM

And if you are unlucky you can get yellow, or even brown snowball. Tongue

❄❁❇❂❇❃❇❅❇❆❇❈❇❉❇❊❇❋❄♒❇♓❇♉❇♈❇♊❇♋❇♌❇♍❇♎❇♏❇♐❇♑❄❋❇❊❇❉❇❈❇❆❇❅❇❃❇❂❇❁❄
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:51:11 PM

well it is heading down to 1000% after roller coaster to 10,000%. Still too high??

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:52:34 PM

And if you are unlucky you can get yellow, or even brown snowball. Tongue
my snowballs are as white as white can be thank you very much!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: