May 04, 2024, 06:56:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:28:25 AM

i started folding with tokenly pockets and it never worked well, all you have to do however is import your key to a wallet like counterparty and you are golden
There's exactly 0 "golden" about counterparty  Roll Eyes

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eeeooommm

Activity: 104
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 06:40:16 AM

Anyone using Tokenly Pockets for the folding coin wallet?  Are there any other options?
I'm having an issue where it sits at thinking.  Is this normal or do I need to do something to fix the spinning cog?

Tokenly pockets is not developed for a long time now.
You can either use the official counterparty wallet (https://counterwallet.io/#) (online only), freewallet (http://freewallet.io/) (mobile & desktop) or indiesquare (https://wallet.indiesquare.me/) (mobile only).
All the above support the counterparty protocol, which means that you can use your already existing address and passphrase to login.

Wink

FoldingCoin (FLDC) Community Manager
Found as "raptorf1" in all other channels
eeeooommm

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 09:22:37 PM

Because transparency in the cryptospace is a crucial factor, we created a new section on our website which tracks all distributions and expenses made from day 1 Wink
It is also helpful tax-wise, since 2018 will probably be the year that most governments start pointing their tax authorities on cryptoassets.

https://foldingcoin.net/index.php/about/financials

FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:18:59 PM

Because transparency in the cryptospace is a crucial factor, we created a new section on our website which tracks all distributions and expenses made from day 1 Wink
It is also helpful tax-wise, since 2018 will probably be the year that most governments start pointing their tax authorities on cryptoassets.

https://foldingcoin.net/index.php/about/financials
Keep in mind still, you will still want to consult with your own tax experts, as crypto tax reporting is still something very new, and there is a lot of unknowns. Getting a local CPA to help you would be the suggested route. But the info is there to help in anyway it can

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Boiyboomers

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:11:10 PM

Long time I didn't open my counterwallet , I have noticed I had FLDCVote I and FLDCVote II on my wallet. Where can I find a news about these coins ?
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:01:59 PM

Long time I didn't open my counterwallet , I have noticed I had FLDCVote I and FLDCVote II on my wallet. Where can I find a news about these coins ?
So this was an early thing we tried with community voting for various things. We did it when blockchain voting was new and exciting, but we learned that for our project it was inefficient, and had a lack of interest, so we cancelled the program. Those tokens are pretty much useless.

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:37:56 AM

...Q2. Why not move away from counterparty? It has become a pain to work with and makes everything more difficult. Simple things like moving coins attract like a $10 fee nowadays where in the past it was like $0.05. Why not give FLDC its own blockchain? It will also make it easier for devs to port over applications from bitcoin and make foldingcoin in general a real crypto not some token on another blockchain....
There's a hundred other options, including using a snapshot and porting into a Komodo asset chain, but the answer always comes back with something to do with the general lack of knowledge of how it all works. "Addresses" is the "go to" excuse, even though it takes very little actual knowledge to create an actual coin, use the same schema as Bitcoin, and add in a simple replay protection.

Tbh, this whole refusal to grow is why I said 'fek it', stopped folding, and put my dozens of 1080TIs to work mining equihash.

Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:46:49 PM

I've been away from this coin for a very long time and i have a few questions.

Q1. What happened to the loyalty program? It has been almost 3 years now so why not make a announcement about the status?

Q2. Why not move away from counterparty? It has become a pain to work with and makes everything more difficult. Simple things like moving coins attract like a $10 fee nowadays where in the past it was like $0.05. Why not give FLDC its own blockchain? It will also make it easier for devs to port over applications from bitcoin and make foldingcoin in general a real crypto not some token on another blockchain.

Q3. What happened to the old team? Apart from robert everyone else in the monthly meetings seems to be new. Are the people from 2015-2016 still involved or have they left?

Hey K210!

Q1: The loyalty program is lower on the list now, we need some better core products working first

Q2. Moving away from counterparty would be a challenge because of the username change requirement that it would create. Most people will not follow up and change their username, or they would not like the fact that they need to start their stats over. We are looking into the idea of allowing multiple chains to be able to distribute on the platform. This would allow the Bitcoin address to sign a message of another chains address, so that way we can verify a users additional chain addreses. There isnt a timeline for this, but we are researching it. So step 1 is to make the FLDC platform cross chain compatible to encourage other projects to do distributions on our platform. 

Q3. The other devs have moved on to other projects, so I am the last remaining original dev. 2016 and the beginning of 2017 was a rough year for foldingcoin, as we didnt really have a developer anymore, and we kind of stayed in limbo there for awhile. However with the price increase, and people discovering FLDC for the first time beginning around August 2017, a renewed interest in the project came, and we have brought on a new experienced lead developer Miguel, Jeff came on and created the Folding Browser, Helene and George helping to run the community, Josh and Matt to help with compliance, and recently we brought on Bill to be the new director, as he brings extensive years of experience in managing and running projects. I am doing the same stuff I have always been doing, but now i am full time and we have the largest team we have ever had, so we are in a position to make some real traction this year especially since we can pay developers in FLDC which has some real value behind it now. We have Tokenly working on the Merged Folding platform now and Bill is seeking additional devs to. Everything in crypto moves slow sometimes, and its hard to meet deadlines in the past when we did not have a lot of full time or even part time workers. So this year hopefully will be different Cheesy

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:50:04 PM

...Q2. Why not move away from counterparty? It has become a pain to work with and makes everything more difficult. Simple things like moving coins attract like a $10 fee nowadays where in the past it was like $0.05. Why not give FLDC its own blockchain? It will also make it easier for devs to port over applications from bitcoin and make foldingcoin in general a real crypto not some token on another blockchain....
There's a hundred other options, including using a snapshot and porting into a Komodo asset chain, but the answer always comes back with something to do with the general lack of knowledge of how it all works. "Addresses" is the "go to" excuse, even though it takes very little actual knowledge to create an actual coin, use the same schema as Bitcoin, and add in a simple replay protection.

Tbh, this whole refusal to grow is why I said 'fek it', stopped folding, and put my dozens of 1080TIs to work mining equihash.

its not the creation of the coin that is the issue, its that everyone would need to change their usernames, which when that happened when folks where able to earn FLDC and CURE and needed to change their names, it was a nightmare to get the entire community aware of this. Thankfully the community was much smaller back then, but now it would be a very chaotic thing to do and some people may not be aware of it and will miss out on payments.

If you read my above quote, we would like to make the platform crosschain compatible so other coins of other blockchains can distribute tokens on our platform. We are researching this and have the help of Tokenly to build a platform like this for us when we are ready.

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:08:44 PM

its not the creation of the coin that is the issue, its that everyone would need to change their usernames...
ty for proving my point.

It seems you didn't even bother to read the part where I said:
...use the same schema as Bitcoin, and add in a simple replay protection...

At some point, in order for FLDC to grow, this has to become more than a project run out of some random, non-tech guy's garage/basement. At least talk to a dev or two before regurgitating the same tired line that's both technically and factually inaccurate.

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:17:30 PM

its not the creation of the coin that is the issue, its that everyone would need to change their usernames...
ty for proving my point.

It seems you didn't even bother to read the part where I said:
...use the same schema as Bitcoin, and add in a simple replay protection...

At some point, in order for FLDC to grow, this has to become more than a project run out of some random guy's garage/basement. At least talk to a dev or two before regurgitating the same tired line that's both technically and factually inaccurate.

I understand that we can just use the same address schema, but the creation of a new coin I still don't see as necessary at this point, and i do apologize for missing that in your question. Thats why i like Curecoin working with us so close, because they are trying the method of having their own blockchain, and everyone can earn both. So really the following things are going on:

FoldingCoin is seeing how can we give incentives through tokens for participation in FAH
Curecoin is seeing how a new independent blockchain can give incentives for participation in FAH

So really, their blockchain is trying to solve the issue you are talking about, which is why we encourage everyone to earn both. And also, yes its no secret that I am just a guy who started this in his garage with an idea, i have made this very known since the beginning, which is why we have brought on Miguel as the lead dev and Bill as the director, because they actually have knowledge in development and experience in coding, and i have none. Im just the administrator and board member now and I am learning more and more everyday. And you just thought me something now and i appreciate it Cheesy

Im not sure if your interested in helping, but if you want to have a more detailed conversation, please reach out to me at rross@foldingcoin.net because i really want this project to succeed, and I would love and encourage any criticism or ideas you may have Cheesy

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:18:54 PM

Am i correct in assuming that the 100 Million FLDC set aside in 2015 is now being used to hire devs? If that is the case then why not set concrete deadlines for these devs to hit. If they are volunteers then fair enough they are free to develop at their own pace however if they are being paid by the community they should be held to certain standards.

I mined a work unit for the first time in over 6 months yesterday and honestly i dont know whether to keep mining this coin or not.......
thats fair K210, and yes this year we have been starting to tap into the dev funds. One of the major things we started this year was hiring on Bill Beard to replace me as the director. Going back to what ComputerGenie was talking about, I started the project just as something fun for people to do, but now that it has grown into something more, and there is a serious community behind it, we are hiring the right people to have the right jobs so its not just me in my basement anymore. So now that we are paying people in FLDC, you are correct to expect more work from us now that its not just a bunch of volunteers.

So Bill brings extensive experience in running projects more so then i ever can, which is why he has my old job now. If you watch the meeting we had today, he goes over the new people we are hiring. Right now we have 3 devs, 3 office workers, 1 webmaster, and 2 community managers. So as you can see, we still need more devs to get some work done, because the three devs we have now still are only part time. We are talking with a number of people right now, and Bill announced today that we have commitments from 2 of them, so this month we should have 5 devs to get some real work done this year. (we also have a good retainer with tokenly, and after they get merged folding working again, we will get them on the next task, I meet with them this week).

I hope you continue to fold with us, i know you have been here for a long time, even through the bad years. Community members like yourself helped keep the project going in 2015 and 2016 when it was just like 3 people working VERY part time on this, so your participation has been crucial Smiley

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:27:43 PM

1. With all due respect you have been rehashing that line for 3 years now. Given your hesitation to implement a loyalty program i can only assume you have given up on it.

3. Yeah i figured so. Guess they to got tired of a project going nowhere. The only solid progress FLDC has made in 3 years is a new website....
[/quote]

The address thing has been an issue, and during 2016, 2017 since i really didnt have a development team with foldingcoin, i was only able to really give ideas, but i myself cannot implement things. Thats why Bill and Miguel are here now, is to develop that road map and get actual development deadlines met. As for the loyalty program, we really need the stats page working in order to get the loyalty program working, and the stats page is number 2 on our priorities. First we need to get the download service working and move away from foldingcoin.xyz

And yeah, James sadly left in 2015 im not sure why, and Jonas left last year to pursue other ventures. Both their work was so incredibly valuable to get us here, and i couldnt have done it without them. But when they left, we started making traction for an unknown reason really in mid 2017, which is when Miguel came on. Then last year in November with the BTC price going up, we (along with almost all cryptos) went up in value. To be honest, im not sure why, its anybodies speculation at this point Cheesy

But that gave us the opportunity for FLDC to be paid to new devs which is why we brought on bill last month. He has only been here for 30 days, but he is developing a roadmap and hiring devs with miguel this past month. A new director with more experience is something we havent had in this project before, and having someone with actual development background heading the organization is a better solution then myself running it.

eeeooommm

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 01:36:50 PM

The February raffle of the Folding Club is now live Shocked

https://curecoin.net/dev-blog/folding-club-february-2018-amazon-smile-gift-card-random-btc-raffles/

Join us and spread the word Smiley

The raffle was completed successfully with almost 60 people participating! For a complete set of stats and winners you can check https://twitter.com/CureCoinProject/status/977475191193313280. Thank you all and stay tuned for the next one!

Smiley

Will H

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 01:57:01 PM

Hey folders! I made a poll here and also on counterpartytalk asking which token people would rather receive between XCP, Foldingcoin, Bitcrystals and Pepecash. Only 4 have voted so far over at counterpartytalk so it'll be great if you have an opinion about it.

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:34:59 PM

Hey folders! I made a poll here and also on counterpartytalk asking which token people would rather receive between XCP, Foldingcoin, Bitcrystals and Pepecash. Only 4 have voted so far over at counterpartytalk so it'll be great if you have an opinion about it.
i jsut submitted my vote will, im sure you can guess which one i voted for Cheesy Its been awhile, and we should catch up. I just sent you an email. Nice to see you again Cheesy

ComputerGenie

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:26:05 PM

e) None of the above

Will H

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 08:06:00 PM

Hah, maybe I should have rephrased the question. Which one would you feel most disappointed to receive? I've added a few more options to the poll.

think3214

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:01:06 PM

Hah, maybe I should have rephrased the question. Which one would you feel most disappointed to receive? I've added a few more options to the poll.
Public meeting is starting soon, please join us to learn about the updates in the past month - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAHB7LHc1O8
erwan

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:29:18 PM

FLDC is a great coin .... This is a great project..we have to hold this token for a long time.
I am sure later FLDC will become a phenomenal coin.  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: