May 06, 2024, 04:25:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:22:23 PM

I know it is easy to complain but i get the feeling this coin is going nowhere. Every single month promises are made in google meetup which are then broken by the next meeting. Several projects such as off-chain distribution system, online store and other projects have been canceled. Distributions are always running late and coin price has been in downward spiral for a month. Dev disappears for weeks on end and comes back with little apology. I understand that foldingcoin is not peoples entire lives but it takes just 5 minutes to post updates on this forum so people dont assume you have abandoned the project.  

Do i think FLDC will fail? - probably not but i think its best days are behind it. I hope FLDC will prove me wrong in the long term but i have my doubt.

Hey K210, yeah i know this is a problem and i promise im trying my best to get FoldingCoin there. We have helene helping with social media which is a huge help, but there is still a lot to this project that needs volunteer hours to get there quicker. But i cant invest 40 hours a week to the project anymore, so i am kindof at a point where special things like off chain distribution and other things like that are just on the back burner for now. I am still talking with that development company and things look good there, but in the mean time keep calm on fold on Cheesy

Remember everyone, email me rross@foldingcoin.net if you are interested in volunteering, or promote FoldingCoin in your own way, or join in the discussion at the slack http://slack.foldingcoin.net/

Yes i can understand your position afterall foldingcoin is not a sustainable full time job. I am just pointing out various areas in which i think FLDC can improve. I think merged folding should be brought back as soon as possible as assets such as FDCARD might be created again in future. If FLDC has one strength it is definitely the merged folding platform. Just a couple of months ago i sold 1 FDCARD for about 400XCP and i held the XCP until recently when it jumped to $2.20 per XCP. I think you can calculate how much i made Wink

I made more from merged folding than i did from 8 months of bitcoin mining which speaks volumes about the merged mining platform and its potential.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heunland

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:32:10 PM

I know it is easy to complain but i get the feeling this coin is going nowhere. Every single month promises are made in google meetup which are then broken by the next meeting. Several projects such as off-chain distribution system, online store and other projects have been canceled. Distributions are always running late and coin price has been in downward spiral for a month. Dev disappears for weeks on end and comes back with little apology. I understand that foldingcoin is not peoples entire lives but it takes just 5 minutes to post updates on this forum so people dont assume you have abandoned the project.  

Do i think FLDC will fail? - probably not but i think its best days are behind it. I hope FLDC will prove me wrong in the long term but i have my doubt.

Hey K210, yeah i know this is a problem and i promise im trying my best to get FoldingCoin there. We have helene helping with social media which is a huge help, but there is still a lot to this project that needs volunteer hours to get there quicker. But i cant invest 40 hours a week to the project anymore, so i am kindof at a point where special things like off chain distribution and other things like that are just on the back burner for now. I am still talking with that development company and things look good there, but in the mean time keep calm on fold on Cheesy

Remember everyone, email me rross@foldingcoin.net if you are interested in volunteering, or promote FoldingCoin in your own way, or join in the discussion at the slack http://slack.foldingcoin.net/

Yes i can understand your position afterall foldingcoin is not a sustainable full time job. I am just pointing out various areas in which i think FLDC can improve. I think merged folding should be brought back as soon as possible as assets such as FDCARD might be created again in future. If FLDC has one strength it is definitely the merged folding platform. Just a couple of months ago i sold 1 FDCARD for about 400XCP and i held the XCP until recently when it jumped to $2.20 per XCP. I think you can calculate how much i made Wink

I made more from merged folding than i did from 8 months of bitcoin mining which speaks volumes about the merged mining platform and its potential.

Thanks for your comments and congrats on that amazing FDCARD sale (I can now stop wondering who was the lucky seller). As I mentioned before, merged folding is definitely coming back and is the number one priority of the Foldingcoin team. Contacts are being made with several potentially interested parties already. So stay tuned and thanks for keeping up your CPU folding.  Cheesy
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 04:48:26 PM

Thanks for your comments and congrats on that amazing FDCARD sale (I can now stop wondering who was the lucky seller). As I mentioned before, merged folding is definitely coming back and is the number one priority of the Foldingcoin team. Contacts are being made with several potentially interested parties already. So stay tuned and thanks for keeping up your CPU folding.  Cheesy

Good to see so much discussion here. I understand that K210 has some doubts about the project and rightly so. I hope we can earn your trust back with the projects we're working on. Robert is not able to work on FLDC full time anymore, but he is working on solving the distribution issues and even put some of his own money in to hire external help.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
assistresearch

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:03:49 AM

How does FoldingCoin differ from CureCoin which, AIUI, does the same folding@home calculations?
Both Foldingcoin and Curecoin do folding using Folding@Home. The difference is that Curecoin has its own blockchain which must be secured by mining the coins, expending extra energy. As I understand it, Curecoin uses both SHA256 mining (proof of work) as well as Proof of stake minting. So for Curecoin, people use CPU and GPU power for actually running folding@home, and there are also miners securing their blockchain expending energy.

You're mostly correct. There are some common misconception dating back to the launch of CureCoin about its efficiency. People also often confuse how CureCoin works with the way GridCoin Classic worked in the early days.

CureCoin is designed to split available coins roughly 80/20 between Folding@Home participants and SHA256 miners.

However today, since difficulty is high, SHA256 mining activity is unprofitable in CureCoin and therefore very low. PoS takes up the slack for the low SHA256 participation. So as I understand it , today CureCoin uses ~90% of electricity directly on science - with the remaining 10% energy being split between SHA mining and PoS transactions.

If you fold for CureCoin, or merge-fold with FoldingCoin, you can allocate 100% of your CPU AND GPU power to folding - no SHA256 parallel mining is required (like it used to be in GridCoin Classic). But you still have the choice to use an ASIC in mining pools that support CureCoin. At this point, CureCoin requires very little SHA256 mining power to remain viable (but in 1.0 it remains an option).

If I'm wrong, hopefully one of the devs will correct me.
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 10:27:49 AM

How does FoldingCoin differ from CureCoin which, AIUI, does the same folding@home calculations?
Both Foldingcoin and Curecoin do folding using Folding@Home. The difference is that Curecoin has its own blockchain which must be secured by mining the coins, expending extra energy. As I understand it, Curecoin uses both SHA256 mining (proof of work) as well as Proof of stake minting. So for Curecoin, people use CPU and GPU power for actually running folding@home, and there are also miners securing their blockchain expending energy.

You're mostly correct. There are some common misconception dating back to the launch of CureCoin about its efficiency. People also often confuse how CureCoin works with the way GridCoin Classic worked in the early days.

CureCoin is designed to split available coins roughly 80/20 between Folding@Home participants and SHA256 miners.

However today, since difficulty is high, SHA256 mining activity is unprofitable in CureCoin and therefore very low. PoS takes up the slack for the low SHA256 participation. So as I understand it , today CureCoin uses ~90% of electricity directly on science - with the remaining 10% energy being split between SHA mining and PoS transactions.

If you fold for CureCoin, or merge-fold with FoldingCoin, you can allocate 100% of your CPU AND GPU power to folding - no SHA256 parallel mining is required (like it used to be in GridCoin Classic). But you still have the choice to use an ASIC in mining pools that support CureCoin. At this point, CureCoin requires very little SHA256 mining power to remain viable (but in 1.0 it remains an option).

If I'm wrong, hopefully one of the devs will correct me.

you are not wrong

FoldingCoin is 100% distributed with proof of folding, the community don't need to maintain and secure our own chain
FLDC token riding on Bitcoin's blockchain using Counterparty

besides i think, currently FLDC is more clear where the distribution wallet is sitting, by looking on the blockchain in blockscan.com

i see we got some FLDC distributed us yesterday Smiley

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:28:19 PM

As a long time folder, I have stopped folding..  Why?  Because for a long time GPU mining wasn't worth it, so I folded just for the hell of it.  Then came ETH, with my 2 280x's and 1 290x I can make $7 per day before electric (and they were running folding anyway).  So why should I fold and pay money when I can mine ETH and actually make a little bit!!!

When ETH dies and the GPUs can't support themselves I'll be back.

i don't understand how you can do that.
every time i want to mine something else, i click on the link to the project in the folding@home client
and can't let myself stop folding

heunland

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 03:43:58 PM

As a long time folder, I have stopped folding..  Why?  Because for a long time GPU mining wasn't worth it, so I folded just for the hell of it.  Then came ETH, with my 2 280x's and 1 290x I can make $7 per day before electric (and they were running folding anyway).  So why should I fold and pay money when I can mine ETH and actually make a little bit!!!

every time i want to mine something else, i click on the link to the project in the folding@home client

Please view this video setup guide:

https://youtu.be/YQZ3hxEn6kE

You can see once your folding@home client is running there should be a big red button called "Stop Folding". You push that button and the folding should stop.
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:06:56 PM

You can see once your folding@home client is running there should be a big red button called "Stop Folding". You push that button and the folding should stop.

no... technically i am capable of doing that
just morally can't Smiley

heunland

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 04:21:55 PM

no... technically i am capable of doing that
just morally can't Smiley

Oh lol well thanks for your dedication to the project!  Grin  You may also enjoy this little video game puzzle:

http://fold.it/portal/
Will H

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 02:08:41 PM

Some of you might be interested in this since we're undergoing some changes: http://www.blocklabel.com/announcements/2016/4/30/overhaul

We're making some changes to the site and will do a complete overhaul of how things will work going forward.

It has been a good learning period to see what works and what doesn't, it's an experiment and it will still be an experiment, but now we want to improve on what we have started. We're going back to the drawing board and hopefully we'll come out better, wiser and stronger.

heunland

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 02:26:01 AM

Some of you might be interested in this since we're undergoing some changes: http://www.blocklabel.com/announcements/2016/4/30/overhaul

We're making some changes to the site and will do a complete overhaul of how things will work going forward.

It has been a good learning period to see what works and what doesn't, it's an experiment and it will still be an experiment, but now we want to improve on what we have started. We're going back to the drawing board and hopefully we'll come out better, wiser and stronger.

I checked the "Listen" page and it has a broken player cause of a SSL Protocol error  Sad
Will H

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2016, 09:20:21 AM

The players connect directly to Spotify or iTunes/Apple Music, maybe they were having some issues.

It works fine on my end both on desktop and mobile.

FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 08:14:39 PM

Hello everyone! I'm still traveling so it will be easier for me to do an open slack conversation for the meeting this month. Come join the FoldingCoin slack at http://slack.foldingcoin.net/  to hear this months update - Robert

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 08:25:25 PM

Hello everyone! I'm still traveling so it will be easier for me to do an open slack conversation for the meeting this month. Come join the FoldingCoin slack at http://slack.foldingcoin.net/  to hear this months update - Robert

Perhaps a meeting next Saturday will be better. I thought we were going to move the meetings to Saturdays anyway?

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 08:36:44 PM

Hello everyone! I'm still traveling so it will be easier for me to do an open slack conversation for the meeting this month. Come join the FoldingCoin slack at http://slack.foldingcoin.net/  to hear this months update - Robert

Perhaps a meeting next Saturday will be better. I thought we were going to move the meetings to Saturdays anyway?

Just spoke with Robert  and Helene. We will do a monthly meeting next Saturday at noon EDT (4PM UTC). 

heunland

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 08:46:52 PM

Due to popular demand, we will have the next hangout on the upcoming Saturday, May 7th at 12pm EDT. Please watch for the @FoldingCoin tweet that will announce the link you need to follow to participate in the hangout!  Smiley

Also please feel free to post any questions you have about the future direction of Foldingcoin on this thread, so we can be sure the team will answer them in the hangout.
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 09:12:11 PM

The players connect directly to Spotify or iTunes/Apple Music, maybe they were having some issues.

It works fine on my end both on desktop and mobile.

Great to see you still working on this will, I hope when we get merged folding working to a point in which we can comfortably and easily offer it again that you will be back as your project is a perfect fit Cheesy

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 09:18:45 PM

Helene and Jona are right, a video meeting will be better but I still wanted to give a general update on what I have been discussing with the dev team. If you go to this FoldingCoin post http://foldingcoin.net/2016/05/slack-open-conversation-5116/

So the next meeting will be myself, Jona, and our new wonderful Social Media rep Helene this upcoming Saturday May 7th at 12pm EDT. The Event page can be found here https://plus.google.com/events/cqf5n3nsn7lar6icg7f8s7ch5ig and the youtube watch only page can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQgEOXE4Z4s and if you would like to join directly please email rross@foldingcoin.net on the day of and I will get you a join link.

And thank you to everyone who conversed on this forum page. I didnt really have to respond to many comments as Salim, Helen, and others already took care of it. Thanks everyone!

Will H

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 12:57:12 PM

Great to see you still working on this will, I hope when we get merged folding working to a point in which we can comfortably and easily offer it again that you will be back as your project is a perfect fit Cheesy

We're experimenting with this and that, keeping our eyes open for anything that might be interesting. It would be nice to support folders and vice versa in some capacity in the future.

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 03:14:34 PM

Helene and Jona are right, a video meeting will be better but I still wanted to give a general update on what I have been discussing with the dev team. If you go to this FoldingCoin post http://foldingcoin.net/2016/05/slack-open-conversation-5116/

So the next meeting will be myself, Jona, and our new wonderful Social Media rep Helene this upcoming Saturday May 7th at 12pm EDT. The Event page can be found here https://plus.google.com/events/cqf5n3nsn7lar6icg7f8s7ch5ig and the youtube watch only page can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQgEOXE4Z4s and if you would like to join directly please email rross@foldingcoin.net on the day of and I will get you a join link.

And thank you to everyone who conversed on this forum page. I didnt really have to respond to many comments as Salim, Helen, and others already took care of it. Thanks everyone!

Hey everybody,

We'll have a meeting in 45 minutes. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: