Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:18:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoincard.org  (Read 29248 times)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:31:38 PM

That's a pity. nLockTime could have interesting applications.

It might yet.  It's still part of the protocol, feel free to dive in and code it into a client fork; and we shall see where that takes us.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:43:27 PM

Only days away from a report on this Bitcoin Card... stay tuned! Wink
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:48:32 PM

Can't wait Cheesy
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 03:53:25 PM

We will be blogging about it in real time!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 04:51:53 PM

What are the benefits to log in to bitcoincard.org?thx

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 05:35:29 PM

We will be blogging about it in real time!
It's starting to sound like bragging!   Wink

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 09:53:58 PM

I am curious how this will be used for purchases without a camera.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 10:08:56 PM

Or a functional infrastructure i.e. way to connect to the actual blockchain.

EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 10:52:44 PM

I suppose both sides would have to be able to communicate via radio. (both sides would probably need a bitcoincard, or something compatible)

If I understood it correctly, both sides would keep the signed tx offline until they reach a gateway through which they can send the tx to the network.
A brick and mortar merchant would probably have his gateway right there in the store.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:03:17 PM

Both functions are provided for in the same way, a 'sensor' mesh network that permits such devices to talk to each other, as well as an access point wireless dongle that permits all of these type devices to talk to the Internet at large.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:16:27 PM

If I understood it correctly, both sides would keep the signed tx offline until they reach a gateway through which they can send the tx to the network.
A brick and mortar merchant would probably have his gateway right there in the store. never waste his time and money on this nerd idea anymore than he would a bitcoin POS.

FTFY.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:17:11 PM

Both functions are provided for in the same way, a 'sensor' mesh network that permits such devices to talk to each other, as well as an access point wireless dongle that permits all of these type devices to talk to the Internet at large.

So now this uber light and slim card needs a dongle to function properly? The vapor thickens.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:25:17 PM

That makes a lot of sense if it can talk to my Bluetooth phone with a built-in camera, smartphone, or whatever.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:26:22 PM

That makes a lot of sense if it can talk to my Bluetooth phone with a built-in camera, smartphone, or whatever.

What makes no sense is to need to interface with your phone in the first place. It's like trying to sell a sports car that is pulled by a horse.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:28:30 PM

What makes no sense is to need to interface with your phone in the first place. It's like trying to sell a sports car that is pulled by a horse.

I didn't say anything about bluetooth.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:32:09 PM

No, the video said unlicensed radio. I do not know what that means in every country.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:45:45 PM

No, the video said unlicensed radio. I do not know what that means in every country.

I have a pretty good idea, and a cell phone is unneccesary.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:50:41 PM

A brick and mortar merchant would probably have his gateway right there in the store. never waste his time and money on this nerd idea anymore than he would a bitcoin POS.

FTFY.

Hmm, I'm sure you're right.  A $30 usb dongle attached to my Internet gateway that might bring me new business for less than credit cards and offers zero threat to my existing transaction infrastructure, or $300+ to install a whole new transaction payment system wired right into my POS system.  Those are totally comparable.

EDIT: Beyond that, nothing says that the device that provides such bitcoincards access to the bitcoin network has to be owned by the shop owner.  A couple owned by the mall property owner, or a random guy walking down the block over with one on his phone, or the bitcoin geek with his own in his apartment two floors up, and it all happens.

paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 11:59:18 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 12:36:39 AM by paraipan

FTFY.

Hmm, I'm sure you're right.  A $30 usb dongle attached to my Internet gateway that might bring me new business for less than credit cards and offers zero threat to my existing transaction infrastructure, or $300+ to install a whole new transaction payment system wired right into my POS system.  Those are totally comparable.

Don't mind Matthew, he seems to be back trolling like usual after delivering a magazine, and this is even way faster to pull some useful info than watch the 5 minute video on http://bitcoincard.org or read their product and blog pages.

Keywords: ISM, mesh-network, text messaging

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 12:15:11 AM

Don't mind Matthew, he seems to be back trolling stating his opinions as a developer for almost a year now of what Bitcoincard is trying to develop but is going to fail miserably at.

FTFY.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: