Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Bulanula lives in Nigeria ?
Yes - 0 (0%)
NO - 0 (0%)
I beez a trollin' hard dood - 0 (0%)
Unlock voting mods ! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unjust scammer tag  (Read 48007 times)
Gladamas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 04:07:50 AM

A random thought... but what if Bulanula doesn't actually have control of the address 1Bu1424Lf7y3Jz9p4ZyCo2mRSQDwdaXrHa so he wouldn't be able to transfer it back anyhow?

He does. He's just trolling. See my post a few pages back explaining...

And Bulanula, don't say someting like " Cheesy ya , how do you know i own that address ? You are all trolling.  Tongue"

1GLADMZ5tL4HkS6BAWPfJLeZJCDHAd9Fr3 - LQ6Zx8v7fHVBiDX5Lmhbp6oEDB7dUFjANu
GPG 0xF219D5BB3C467E12 - Litecoin Forum
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 06:35:57 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2012, 09:10:07 AM by BadBear

A random thought... but what if Bulanula doesn't actually have control of the address 1Bu1424Lf7y3Jz9p4ZyCo2mRSQDwdaXrHa so he wouldn't be able to transfer it back anyhow?

Doesn't matter. What he did or didn't do with the money after the fact is irrelevant. Any problems he has accessing that address is his problem.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
bulanula (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 11:18:57 AM

I still fail to see why BitcoinAdvertisers has no tag and I have a tag.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83328.msg996241;topicseen#new

Multiple complaints, no action.

I got tag like 1 day after guy complained ... because he is VIP.

Also I don't understand how it is a scam. He made mistake, I offered service but no refund.

Anyone that does not offer refunds is scamming Huh
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2012, 12:44:58 PM

He made mistake, I offered service but no refund.

Bravo !

bulanula (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 12:52:59 PM

He made mistake, I offered service but no refund.

Bravo !

Just because the BitcoinAdvertiser guy has a fancy TOS to hide with he can scam multiple people off and not get any tag while I get the tag "just to warn others in the future" Huh

Strange how justice works in the BTC forums ...

IMHO the only thing about me others should be warned is that if you send extra coins "by mistake" and attack me you will get no refund but still the service will be offered since I don't scam for petty sums like that.

I was pretty happy to have the ad in my signature 1 year till 8 April 2013 but because he is VIP he can chose to refuse refund and have me scammer tagged.

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 05:49:22 PM

I still fail to see why BitcoinAdvertisers has no tag and I have a tag.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83328.msg996241;topicseen#new

Multiple complaints, no action.

I got tag like 1 day after guy complained ... because he is VIP.
We place VIP-related issues on the top of the pile. As it is, we have very few people willing to put forth the effort to investigate a scam report, so everything else will either be delayed or ignored. Since he has at least resolved the issue for future users, I don't think any mod wants to really do anything about this over just a few BTC.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 01:29:02 AM

As it is, we have very few people willing to put forth the effort to investigate a scam report, so everything else will either be delayed or ignored.

It sucks, but it's the truth. There's several alleged scammers without tags on the boards atm, because nobody (me included) can take the time to look into them. It's a time consuming process with little or no reward of any kind the majority of the time.

Maybe it's time for the free market everyone talks about to work it's magic  Wink.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 01:39:57 AM

Maybe it's time for the free market everyone talks about to work it's magic  Wink.

Yeah, victims and/or charities should pay people to compile the evidence. I certainly don't expect forum moderators to do these investigations.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 01:44:10 AM

Yeah, victims and/or charities should pay people to compile the evidence. I certainly don't expect forum moderators to do these investigations.

But... how will those third parties have access to certain information, like IP addresses?
Isn't there potential for abuse in case you give those records to "external investigators" who ask for them?
Or did I misunderstood what you meant?
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 01:48:18 AM

But... how will those third parties have access to certain information, like IP addresses?
Isn't there potential for abuse in case you give those records to "external investigators" who ask for them?
Or did I misunderstood what you meant?

Moderators don't have access to this stuff, either.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
bulanula (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 09:17:56 AM

So let me get this straight, the scammer tag is now defunct and I am the last bastard to get it ? Cheesy

Andre, WiseOldOwl, David_Benz among many other blatant scammers here and no tag either. 

bulanula (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 10:35:36 AM

If anyone wonders : I really don't care about the scammer tag.

However, I do care about being treated unfairly just because the guy was VIP.

Either you apply the tag to all guys or take it off me then. Apply the policy fairly to all forum users.

It does not say that Donator and VIP can label anyone scammer just because if you pay 10 BTC to forum.

I understand treating donator and VIP like royalty because they paid and me like a hobo because I didn't but I assumed that rules apply regardless of Donator or not.

Look at David_Benz scammer and donator guy ... very interesting case with him. 

This is unfair. I refuse to provide refund = I get tag WHILE other people scam outright and get nothing ?

That is why I am upset and created this thread.

Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 02:01:47 PM

Bulanula, if you come into my shop and buy something that costs $1, and you give me $10, would you expect me to give you change or not?

Pay back what you owe, and get the tag removed. Seriously, why would you get yourself labelled like this for 20 BTC ($120)? It's just stupid.

Are your entire post history worth less than $0.05 each to you?

Is your reputation worth less than $120?

I just don't understand. Man up.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 04:04:40 PM

Either you apply the tag to all guys or take it off me then. Apply the policy fairly to all forum users.

It is, there just isn't anyone willing to investigate. If they are scammers then they probably would have a tag by now if there were anyone working the cases. I don't know if you just can't read or don't believe it, but there are literally 0 people who are willing to do the scammer investigations Maged did, and Maged isn't doing them for now. You're gonna have a hard time finding someone to give away their time for free.

If you really want to see them get a scammer tag, then feel free to compile all the evidence, I'm sure Maged will give you some tips. Or just sit here and whine about it I guess.

bulanula (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:07:27 PM

It is, there just isn't anyone willing to investigate. If they are scammers then they probably would have a tag by now if there were anyone working the cases. I don't know if you just can't read or don't believe it, but there are literally 0 people who are willing to do the scammer investigations Maged did, and Maged isn't doing them for now. You're gonna have a hard time finding someone to give away their time for free.

If you really want to see them get a scammer tag, then feel free to compile all the evidence, I'm sure Maged will give you some tips. Or just sit here and whine about it I guess.

OK. I understand.

Just clarify this for me : from now on, nobody gets scammer tagged anymore ever ?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 04:23:26 PM

OK. I understand.

Just clarify this for me : from now on, nobody gets scammer tagged anymore ever ?

No, people are still getting scammer tags. There's always clear cut cases which don't take much work, or people dumb enough to admit to what they did, etc. Cases that aren't so clear, like several of the ones you've mentioned will likely sit in the pile until a better solution comes along. Like I said, feel free to do it yourself if you think they need a tag.

Anyway, back to ignoring this thread. Thank god for the new watchlist, I never have to see this thread again.   Grin

bulanula (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:30:39 PM

OK. I understand.

No, people are still getting scammer tags. There's always clear cut cases which don't take much work, or people dumb enough to admit to what they did, etc. Cases that aren't so clear, like several of the ones you've mentioned will likely sit in the pile until a better solution comes along. Like I said, feel free to do it yourself if you think they need a tag.

Anyway, back to ignoring this thread. Thank god for the new watchlist, I never have to see this thread again.   Grin

I see ...

How can I see the evidence in my case against me ?

Also, what about setting up a scammer squad or scammer watch thread headed by me ( it takes one to know one Cheesy ), martychubbs, psy, bitlane etc.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:32:37 PM

Also, what about setting up a scammer squad or scammer watch thread headed by me ( it takes one to know one Cheesy ), martychubbs, psy, bitlane etc.

Are you calling me a scammer, or am I misunderstanding it?  Huh
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2012, 04:33:38 PM

lmao

bulanula (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2012, 04:36:47 PM

Are you calling me a scammer, or am I misunderstanding it?  Huh

Not calling anybody a scammer.

I was talking about starting a thread in which smart people call out supposed scammers.

I proposed the people :

martychubbs called out A1BITCOINPOOL scammer

psy is staff and can access IP logs and can smell a scammer from a mile away

bitlane is internet detective and called out bitscalper

etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: