Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:56:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LIVE|MidasCoin|Backed|New Scrypt PoM|ATM card|Referral|NO IPO|UNIQUE  (Read 244736 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MidasAlchemist

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 08:34:35 PM

The project leader, MidasCoin, is still away on emergency business since 1st October. We're still waiting to hear from him and for him to return. Once he does, we'll update the community further on the situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tkari

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:51:20 PM

no internet there I presume?

sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:08:19 PM

no internet there I presume?

Even if this was true Anyone Involved with the Project if its not just a blackbox ran by the dev would be crazy not to tell all their friends family to run to the bank and buy this stuff.
There for i can only assume that midasalchemist  either doesnt know anything about the operation and also believes it Might be a scam Or he is in on it trying to keep people mining a useless coin or he is the dev on another account take ur pick.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
pitbullfan

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:58:52 PM

The project leader, MidasCoin, is still away on emergency business since 1st October. We're still waiting to hear from him and for him to return. Once he does, we'll update the community further on the situation.

Hahahaha....yea next week he'll have some other emergency BS

Week after that even MidasAlchemist himself will be in here talking about how he too got scammed.

This thing looked really slick initially, but unfortunately were seeing it for what it was from day one.....SCAM!!!!
HeadsOrTails

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:25:36 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 04:38:23 AM by HeadsOrTails

I wouldn't call it a scam "yet". Unless they failed to deliver orders in appropriate time. Thats why I ask if other people made any orders. My pending order still have about 2 weeks time for processing (saw somewhere 7-10 days processing) if they don't count weekends. However, I believe something has to be done to clarify backing of their currency and bolster trust. If this whole thing is a scam then they probably won't care. But if its legit, the current price on bittrex will drive them to bankruptcy if everyone orders gold off them. Or maybe they believe it is good promotion and have tons of spare gold to give?

All of the coins are accounted for when mining??  How would they go bankrupt?  They don't care what the price on Bittrex is.  

I've been calling this a Fool's Gold Ponzi Pyramid from the outset.

1. There is no proof of gold
2. There is no proof of gold which they increase in quantity daily to justify the price
3. The mining "king" shows no proof of where the diverted hash rate is going
4. Midascoin claims their scrypt mining is 3x more profitable. How the fuck is that possible?
5. There's no proof of anything. Nothing.

I honestly felt bad about people being scammed but at this stage I wonder if people would invest in something scrawled on a double ply white paper with the words "Midas = gold, Bittrex!"

Btw, the bank where Midascoin claimed they stored gold says themselves they only do portfolio mgmt, from Twitter, this was the email reply;
http://pastebin.com/QGWsA8NF
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:26:03 AM

Hahahaha....yea next week he'll have some other emergency BS

Week after that even MidasAlchemist himself will be in here talking about how he too got scammed.

This thing looked really slick initially, but unfortunately were seeing it for what it was from day one.....SCAM!!!!

Hey, any update with your order ? mine is still in "processing" stage.
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:24:01 AM

Is the company really registered? Anybody cares enough to pursue this matter with the authorities?

Lets crowd fund the legal expenses for that. We can put the expenses with a reliable escrow and release them to the right person. I'll pledge 0.05 btc towards it for a start.

Lets do this. I have lost a lot with this coin so I'll lose some more np. I'll pledge 0.1 to a reliable escrow
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:32:12 AM

We need a local UK and Italian guy to check this out with the authorities.
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:17:53 AM

Is there anyone willing to do it? We can set up a bounty held in escrow for the legal expenses.
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:48:28 AM

Is there anyone willing to do it? We can set up a bounty held in escrow for the legal expenses.

I doubt there is much we can legually do, however just getting the Names of the people running this scam and plastering them all over the internet might give us some gratification.

and would stop them from using this Name / Alias in future scams.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:58:38 PM

I was mining this coin for a while. Not with gh/s or anything but yeah, switched my miner over to another coin today. Meh.

I hope this pans out, haha, get it?!

It was worth a gamble imo, gambled and lost, time to move on.

If anyone gets a real gold shipment post pics?

LOL damn, shipping cost nearly as much to the u.s as one gram does.. WOOHaaA

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:30:38 PM

I doubt there is much we can legually do, however just getting the Names of the people running this scam and plastering them all over the internet might give us some gratification.

and would stop them from using this Name / Alias in future scams.

https://who.is/whois/midaspay.io

http://midaspay.io/the-golden-squad/

sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:41:03 PM

I was mining this coin for a while. Not with gh/s or anything but yeah, switched my miner over to another coin today. Meh.

I hope this pans out, haha, get it?!

It was worth a gamble imo, gambled and lost, time to move on.

If anyone gets a real gold shipment post pics?

LOL damn, shipping cost nearly as much to the u.s as one gram does.. WOOHaaA

ye but If they shipped ,, u could buy it up for pennies on the dollar now @ bittrex .

But let me guess He's still not back , in a few days when mining dry's up he will Appear and attempt one more time saying there where some small problems But hes working on it Everyone will be paid bla bla dont worry please keep mining.
That will be his Final appearance price will jump up get dumped on again and thats it.
was looking @ this one from before the start , couldnt get around the 5% service costs and the storys was to good to be true.

xPooky

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:30:13 PM

There was a POD for this coin, so shouldn't CoinSource release details since coin is/if it is SCAM?
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:36:42 PM

There was a POD for this coin, so shouldn't CoinSource release details since coin is/if it is SCAM?

I will sure contact them, and so should you.
xPooky

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:39:20 PM

I will but, will wait till monday if dev shows, if not as community we may request access to private info
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:49:46 PM

The ideas were all good. Best case scenario is that this is a case of bad timing on everything and things will work out for the best. Worst case is that we had our hash stolen for a given time period.

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
wtman
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:59:14 PM

I will but, will wait till monday if dev shows, if not as community we may request access to private info

wait till they erase evidence of their association with this?
Futune

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:04:12 PM

If nothing changes to my order (#1207) by October 17th, it will be 100% scam Sad
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:38:14 AM

WTF is this?!  There is Internet everywhere you go in the world, likely right on his fucking hip!  I hope someone does seek legal action after this shit!  There is absolutely no fucking excuse not to have checked in with everyone "being away on business".........THIS is business and he has a LOT of fucking investors to answer to!! 

So sorry for everyone that got sucked into this, I found it very interesting from the start but stayed skeptical.  Mined for about 20 minutes, said screw that shit and pocketed a few hundred for free day trading just in case, so I really lost nothing myself........but saw the resources people threw down on this coin. 

If this was a flat out scam, holy shit the effort that was put into it!  Although I was skeptical about the "gold" I sure didn't think it was an outright scam!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: