Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:40:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 07:15:17 PM

Forget poloniex. Lets get SLR on gdax!  Grin

That will be great. But seriously I can't understand why are we only on Bittrex and Bleutrade? Someone said that we wont get to poloniex because of the "pre mine". So what is the real problem and why other exchanges don't add us?

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:50:03 PM

Forget poloniex. Lets get SLR on gdax!  Grin

That will be great. But seriously I can't understand why are we only on Bittrex and Bleutrade? Someone said that we wont get to poloniex because of the "pre mine". So what is the real problem and why other exchanges don't add us?

It's not an issue. Ethereum has a substantial premine and it never affected getting on an exchange. There is simply not enough trade volume at the moment. The solarcoin foundation is legally bound by US law to keep the premine in check.

lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 12:18:59 AM

Hi everyone,
I just connected a kWh data-logger from a solar panel, battery to an ARM wallet node.
Some more stuff to do but this is exciting. Been working on this for over 1.5 yrs.
Best,
-lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 12:50:23 AM

Hi everyone,
I just connected a kWh data-logger from a solar panel, battery to an ARM wallet node.
Some more stuff to do but this is exciting. Been working on this for over 1.5 yrs.
Best,
-lfloorwalker

It's awesome to this unfolding. When will the final results from the experiment be released? There are some big names in this project!!!!

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 12:52:58 AM

Hi everyone,
Best,
-lfloorwalker

It's awesome to this unfolding. When will the final results from the experiment be released? There are some big names in this project!!!!

That is after the presentation next week.
We are still early days in testing/prototyping. To get to minimum viable product (MVP), that takes to end of the year because all of the security features/attack vectors need to be studied. That is one purpose of the chain-of-things event with a lot of security experts attending. But definitely a positive step forward.

Best,
-lfloorwalker

Alao

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 01:13:04 AM

Hi everyone,
Best,
-lfloorwalker

We are still early days in testing/prototyping. To get to minimum viable product (MVP), that takes to end of the year because all of the security features/attack vectors need to be studied. That is one purpose of the chain-of-things event with a lot of security experts attending. But definitely a positive step forward.

Best,
-lfloorwalker

I'm not an expert on these things but I was thinking about the security aspect of it. If one person was to chage the input of the data-logger the other nodes would need to be able to detect fraud. The only way I see that happening would be some type of proof of code algorithm where the code exist on the blockchain and the nodes would verify transactions by also verifying that the node sending the data has the same code as at least 50% of the other nodes. Just a thought....

§1 = 1MWh
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 01:55:33 AM

Hi everyone,
Best,
-lfloorwalker

Best,
-lfloorwalker

For those who Don't know Luke flew from London to Tokyo for this.  All Solarcoin powered, pure sunshine.   We want photos as some big players are going to be around.

The affiliates are working on getting a presence at intersolar Europe.   https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersolar  Thats 47,000 solar industry visitors Smiley What a Messe.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 02:02:35 AM

Hi everyone,
Best,
-lfloorwalker

Best,
-lfloorwalker

I'm not an expert on these things but I was thinking about the security aspect of it. If one person was to chage the input of the data-logger the other nodes would need to be able to detect fraud. The only way I see that happening would be some type of proof of code algorithm where the code exist on the blockchain and the nodes would verify transactions by also verifying that the node sending the data has the same code as at least 50% of the other nodes. Just a thought....

It's a good thought, we are working on this Due-diligence (DD) verification algo right now. It will be a trusted nodes job possibly.
We need to define the SWOT around that.

Best,
-lfloorwalker

lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 02:04:26 AM

Hi everyone,
Best,
-lfloorwalker

Best,
-lfloorwalker

For those who Don't know Luke flew from London to Tokyo for this.  All Solarcoin powered, pure sunshine.   We want photos as some big players are going to be around.

The affiliates are working on getting a presence at intersolar Europe.   https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersolar  Thats 47,000 solar industry visitors Smiley What a Messe.

Thanks Nick. It will be exciting, especially when I won't be carrying any cash, just SLR powered debit cards etc.  Lots going on.

Alao

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:28:09 AM

Whoa we have 60 BTC on the bid right now.  Imagine of the people that have the bids just bought off the Ask.  We would be over a dollar right now.  It's just going to build up until someone gets impatient!!!!

§1 = 1MWh
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:11:02 AM

Whoa we have 60 BTC on the bid right now.  Imagine of the people that have the bids just bought off the Ask.  We would be over a dollar right now.  It's just going to build up until someone gets impatient!!!!

Don't worry they will start running it up soon, the big walls are to make the little orders go up.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:47:12 PM

Hi everyone,
Best,
-lfloorwalker

Best,
-lfloorwalker

It's a good thought, we are working on this Due-diligence (DD) verification algo right now. It will be a trusted nodes job possibly.

Best,
-lfloorwalker
Maybe I can give some suggestions.
Be very careful in the selection of hardware. Be mindful and wise in the programming language you choose. If you have the resources go with a correct-by-construction approach to your software development or smart contracts (which is similar to the approach taken by NASA). If your software portion is verified then you know with 100% certainty that it is mathematically correct as a proof, and when you implement it take the most correct approach. Langsec formal proof will result in perfect bug free code.

If you go with C then use well known highly trusted standard libraries, if you're going with Ethereum then formally verify and test your code if you have the human resources and expertise to accomplish this. Do not rely on human error. Finally if you're dealing with hardware while this is the hardest part to secure it's likely for an MVP or prototype you really only have to get the software really secure. The hardware is something else entirely.

For more:
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CorrectByConstruction
https://intelligence.org/2014/03/02/bob-constable/
http://www.nuprl.org/
Luckybit

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:53:57 PM

If I know more about the attack vectors maybe I can help more or maybe if there is a list of attack vectors for the community to research that would work. But my guess is the concerns are hardware and software vulnerabilities. Software you can solve by formal verification and correct by construction to make it bug free. Hardware it really depends on what you can afford and how determined the adversary is. Economic incentives can also be put into play to improve security. Incentive centered design can take care of that part using smart contracts: https://www.usenix.org/legacy/event/hotsec06/tech/full_papers/wash/wash.pdf

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:06:25 PM

If I know more about the attack vectors maybe I can help more or maybe if there is a list of attack vectors for the community to research that would work. But my guess is the concerns are hardware and software vulnerabilities. Software you can solve by formal verification and correct by construction to make it bug free. Hardware it really depends on what you can afford and how determined the adversary is. Economic incentives can also be put into play to improve security. Incentive centered design can take care of that part using smart contracts: https://www.usenix.org/legacy/event/hotsec06/tech/full_papers/wash/wash.pdf

Aren't we also talking about emulation of the actual device too? Plug in an emulator pass through behind your TV or Computer or every outlet in your house. Claim to have solar panels and then gain reward of the $20 per SLR price levels that everyone will be buying and vying for pushing the price to $40 then $60 upwards to $400 a coin to compete with BitCoin even though it has to sell to Bitcoin, the selling could actually hurt Bitcoin markets so SLR will have an edge there. Seeing that there will be Billions of dollars of SLR dumping on Bitcoin and lowering the price it gives SLR an opportunity to catch up Smiley

That is to say that people will be buying Bitcoin at that point when they could just have an epiphany and use their money to buy Solar and then Claim and then Sell SLR for Bitcoin. At that point we have another problem no one will be buying Bitcoin to sustain the sale of SolarCoin Smiley Or perhaps they don't have to buy Solar and just buy the emulator to plug into every outlet in their house in order to gain the $400 SLR Coins. They still get to use the power they emulate too as a pass through since it only monitors.

So SLR price should sky rocket and Bitcoin price will dive since it has to provide the capitol for the exodus of Bitcoin from the sale of the expensive SLR. Make it happen!
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 02:04:18 AM

#solarcoin now on #bitsquare #tor exchange bitsquare exchange https://github.com/bitsquare/bitsquare/releases  no bid/offer yet.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
Luckybit

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:49:40 AM

#solarcoin now on #bitsquare #tor exchange bitsquare exchange https://github.com/bitsquare/bitsquare/releases  no bid/offer yet.
Still not on OpenLedger?
Luckybit

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:52:58 AM

Aren't we also talking about emulation of the actual device too? Plug in an emulator pass through behind your TV or Computer or every outlet in your house. Claim to have solar panels and then gain reward of the $20 per SLR price levels that everyone will be buying and vying for pushing the price to $40 then $60 upwards to $400 a coin to compete with BitCoin even though it has to sell to Bitcoin, the selling could actually hurt Bitcoin markets so SLR will have an edge there. Seeing that there will be Billions of dollars of SLR dumping on Bitcoin and lowering the price it gives SLR an opportunity to catch up Smiley

That is to say that people will be buying Bitcoin at that point when they could just have an epiphany and use their money to buy Solar and then Claim and then Sell SLR for Bitcoin. At that point we have another problem no one will be buying Bitcoin to sustain the sale of SolarCoin Smiley Or perhaps they don't have to buy Solar and just buy the emulator to plug into every outlet in their house in order to gain the $400 SLR Coins. They still get to use the power they emulate too as a pass through since it only monitors.

So SLR price should sky rocket and Bitcoin price will dive since it has to provide the capitol for the exodus of Bitcoin from the sale of the expensive SLR. Make it happen!

Each device would have to have a cryptographic identifier and you can secure these devices from emulation to a certain extent but the question is at what cost? Even now people can find ways to leech free electricity if they are willing to go through extraordinary effort. What matters is how much fraud is there and is it beyond acceptable levels? At what point is it worth the cost to do something about it?

This is a bit like the botnet problem in Proof of Work mining.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 06:35:26 AM

Each device would have to have a cryptographic identifier and you can secure these devices from emulation to a certain extent but the question is at what cost? Even now people can find ways to leech free electricity if they are willing to go through extraordinary effort. What matters is how much fraud is there and is it beyond acceptable levels? At what point is it worth the cost to do something about it?

It has to be worth it. At a certain point in scale, you have to provide name plate identification. Would it be economical to simulate a few watts of electricity generation below the threshold? Probably not because the cost of doing something like that will outweigh any potential ill gotten gains.

lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 07:04:03 AM

It has to be worth it. At a certain point in scale, you have to provide name plate identification. Would it be economical to simulate a few watts of electricity generation below the threshold? Probably not because the cost of doing something like that will outweigh any potential ill gotten gains.

Yes, it is something we noted in our analogue attack vector SWOT on the input current sensor. The benefits of the analogue attack do not outweigh the costs.

lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 07:05:13 AM

Hi everyone,
Best,
-lfloorwalker

Best,
-lfloorwalker

Best,
-lfloorwalker
Maybe I can give some suggestions.
Be very careful in the selection of hardware. Be mindful and wise in the programming language you choose. If you have the resources go with a correct-by-construction approach to your software development or smart contracts (which is similar to the approach taken by NASA). If your software portion is verified then you know with 100% certainty that it is mathematically correct as a proof, and when you implement it take the most correct approach. Langsec formal proof will result in perfect bug free code.

If you go with C then use well known highly trusted standard libraries, if you're going with Ethereum then formally verify and test your code if you have the human resources and expertise to accomplish this. Do not rely on human error. Finally if you're dealing with hardware while this is the hardest part to secure it's likely for an MVP or prototype you really only have to get the software really secure. The hardware is something else entirely.

For more:
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CorrectByConstruction
https://intelligence.org/2014/03/02/bob-constable/
http://www.nuprl.org/

Thanks Luckybit, will definitely listen to this advice.

Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: