Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:38:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:39:16 AM

Quote from: CryptoNick
SolarCoin is not tied to a commodity, the Claimers own their Solar and use the power they generate. The way it is expressed is that it is a Flight Mile scenario. So this was the problem I brought up initially like which came first the Chicken or the Egg. If everyone were to take their money to buy Solar and claim who would buy the SolarCoin the Claimers wish to sell? People getting rid of their BitCoin is the only option that I can see but why wouldn't these same people sell their BitCoin and buy Solar?
Claimers own their own PV system but they don't necessarily use the power they generate, you're forgetting any export to the grid.

If everyone were to invest in solar that would be a good thing. It doesn't matter if they use Bitcoin, SLR, USD or livestock to purchase a PV system. The whole point of SLR is to help incentivise people into buying into solar generation in the first place by rewarding the generators with something else they can potentially use in exchange for services, goods or trade. This is on top of other government incentives like renewable energy certificates that are already traded and openly purchased by power companies so they can meet government renewable energy targets.

People will place their own value on SLR regardless of current exchange price. Once the exchange price meets (or exceeds) their value they will sell or buy, depending on their intentions - this is no different to any market. People will buy into SLR if they deem it the better option than purchasing a PV system, so I don't know why you always try to make the point that no-one will simply buy SLR on the exchanges.

The problem I see with SLR presently is it's such a closed environment with small amounts of people owning large amounts of coin. The sooner more volume of SLR is spread between more holders the better.

Yes, exactly. Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
user_fred

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:51:03 AM

welcome to you newcomer Smiley 8cABnvcY2UYriLGtvoevVM7kyXBBPjnsom  Cool

@: 8cfscmSGjePDWwu6w5kbMbACwHhybLrawk
§1 = 1MWh
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 10:07:24 AM

welcome to you newcomer Smiley 8cABnvcY2UYriLGtvoevVM7kyXBBPjnsom  Cool

Quite the amount lol  Cheesy Anyway as I was looking at the rich list I see many addresses with big amounts of Solarcoins in them, and they appear to be inactive for 300 or even 600+ days (based on the slr blockchain info). I counted ~20 in the top 100 and a question popped up in my mind - How many of those we may consider as "lost" coins? Maybe the guys who farmed them forgot about the coin at all or lost their private keys/password/wallets Cheesy I'm wondering that because of the Bitcoin "lost coins" scenario which I am sure is something normal in the crypto world. So what do you guys think?

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
CryptoKidd

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:22:38 AM

The big concern for me is the $6 million dollars invested into the folks building a competing solar blockchain, as that kind of money will most certainly produce results quickly, that could expand around the globe (even though the focus seems to be in the US right now). Instead of being the only solar blockchain - SLR is now in a race/competition, that it could lose Sad
They have nothing, just an announcement.
There is only one real solar blockchain.
My concern is there is more and more FUD while the price rising and new people coming.

Not so true.

They have a blockchain, as they are in the private blockchain space.

They have already demonstrated how they are writing to the blockchain from a solar panel in their recent demonstration.

They have a company with people/$ that are dedicated to this space.

As requested - the url to the article on the Linq/Filament solar blockchain development:

http://www.coindesk.com/nasdaq-blockchain-solar-power-market/
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:44:50 AM

Quite the amount lol  Cheesy Anyway as I was looking at the rich list I see many addresses with big amounts of Solarcoins in them, and they appear to be inactive for 300 or even 600+ days (based on the slr blockchain info). I counted ~20 in the top 100 and a question popped up in my mind - How many of those we may consider as "lost" coins? Maybe the guys who farmed them forgot about the coin at all or lost their private keys/password/wallets Cheesy I'm wondering that because of the Bitcoin "lost coins" scenario which I am sure is something normal in the crypto world. So what do you guys think?

I was thinking exactly the same thing a few days ago.. Im pretty sure a lot of these large holders might have forgotten their password. Its an intersting thought and it makes SLR even more scarce as it is right now. I remember when I first checked on my coins I bought back in 2014: I had a hard time remembering my password. Wink I got lucky and was able to recover like 66k of SLR that I had bought for fun with a few dollars :p
daniobg

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 11:22:40 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 11:33:45 AM by daniobg

I was thinking exactly the same thing a few days ago.. Im pretty sure a lot of these large holders might have forgotten their password. Its an intersting thought and it makes SLR even more scarce as it is right now. I remember when I first checked on my coins I bought back in 2014: I had a hard time remembering my password. Wink I got lucky and was able to recover like 66k of SLR that I had bought for fun with a few dollars :p

The same thing happened to me, but with another alt coin - I had the wallet, but could not figure out my password Cheesy I'm glad that I found a notepad file with the password that I was hiding in the most stupid place ever so when I found it I sold all of that alt and bought ~1000 SLR with it and I'm glad I DID it back then, because that other alt is not going anywhere, but Solarcoin is a different story Smiley not to mention that if I didn't do this back then but now instead, I would get only ~150 SLR so I'm glad with myself Cheesy

By the way I am looking at the Crypto-Currency Market Capitalization and the coins that are ahead of us in the chart and I find atleast 50% of them as complete "crap" lol I can't understand how people even invest in them  Shocked

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:21:29 PM

My father also deleted his solarcoins by mistake lucky i had a backup of his wallet and was able to recover them for him.

Some of those large wallets that are inactive might just be staying like that since its safer to be in cold storage. Time will tell.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:55:25 PM

http://www.mo.be/nieuws/betrouwbaar-geld-voor-zonne-energie

I had to translate using chrome.
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:07:21 PM

And who exactly is this? Looks like he/she might have gotten those same over the counter.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
daniobg

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 01:41:23 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 01:55:19 PM by daniobg

Lol great article ^^ Here is the google translate of it so anyone can read it in english (some of it does not make sense, but you can figure it out:):

Reliable money for solar energy
Renewable energy needs investment. The green certificates by the Flemish authorities were not really a success , but perhaps a digital alternative like the SolarCoin might be the difference. MO * spoke with founder François Sonnet.

Who thinks of crypto - currencies undoubtedly thinking of bitcoin . We have now all been blown hear about but few dare to really use (even I do not) . In the shortest possible terms such as digital currency Bitcoin and SolarCoin is one that you can buy online , and perform payments. Still important : the currency is functioning without a central bank without a central controller .

The only validation that occurs on such coin is the identification of a single currency (one or one bitcoin SolarCoin ) via the block chain - a word to remember. Which block chain is a kind of database technology that provides a unique identifier each currency and in which a worldwide network of computers out the verification . Important to remember: no central bank, no central verification system. So no one has control over . Once the network grows , the currency , its use is growing and gaining currency strength.

What the SolarCoin still does, put it to work alongside global computers, link the value to the production of renewable energy with solar panels. It has some similarities with the 19th century gold standard, when each banknote was based on the guarantee of a gold stock. The SolarCoin is a kind of green certificate, and the issuing office is the SolarCoin Foundation.

Green power = SolarCoin

François Sonnet: "We have seen the SolarCoin as digital currency that is directly linked to the power production of solar panels. Those who like solar power producer register with the SolarCoin Foundation (located in Andorra), will receive the foundation SolarCoin 1 per megawatt hour electricity produced. Free and for the next thirty years. It is a way to convince people to join. That goes quite simple: you install a SolarCoin wallet on your computer and you provide us a copy of your official registration of your solar panels at the local grid operator. From that you register every six months your production and receive SolarCoin in place. "

Today 1 SolarCoin is worth approximately 0.11 euros, but that remains according to François Sonnet not. "Based on statistics, we think the value of one SolarCoin will rise to 20 to 30 dollars. Only and only because the network grows, increasing the number of solar Coins and more can happen with it, the value life will lead to international markets. We encourage speculation not but we did not control. "

What happens to the data?

For such a technologically advanced currency as SolarCoin is to retrieve device data over the power production per individual user still fairly artisan. Every six months, each user registers his power production based on official certificates, which are then validated by the SolarCoin online community through the block chain database. The SolarCoin Foundation then presented on the basis of the Solar Coins out.

Also a faster processing of the data makes the SolarCoin Foundation now work. Thus, it is intended to live to register the data of all the registered solar panels via not less than three block chains. The users remain anonymous, but if it gets any watt or a unique code, so to speak, an identity. The project, called Electric Chain was given the ambition to 24 hours at 24 hours, the dates of 7 million solar power plants make them available online for scientists, researchers and entrepreneurs. The Electric Chain has already the support of NASA, Reuters, MIT and other impressive-sounding names.

François Sonnet: "Besides the obvious benefit of knowing what live produce solar parks - not least for operators - is a lot of other useful information like that available. You can keep meticulous weather and climate change. Did you know you can even measure the air pollution from the production data from solar panels? The possibilities are impressive, both for consumers and scientists, and commercial applications. "

But how anonymous is anonymous? "We guarantee that we are not Facebook that markets all data on individuals' Sonnet claims. "If we do this well than leave those registered us for another alternative and collapsed immediately in our network. We saw only the legs from under them our own seat. "

Extra advantage

Going back to the idea of ​​SolarCoin as groenestroomcertficaat. Like no other, we know what difficulties faced by the government in Flanders with the right reward and value of renewable electricity. The Turteltaks recently nekte the minister who lent her name to - nota bene at the hands of their own party chairman. It explains a lot of the underlying reason for the SolarCoin.

"We want to participate to ensure that a stable environment is created that invest in solar panels, here and elsewhere in the world, encourages' says François Sonnet itself still a co-founder of the now defunct solar energy company SunSwitch when the first Walloon player that market. "But the situation in Belgium remains with it," says Sonnet. "There are countries with a lot of sun and therefore a huge potential for solar power where the investment climate due to corruption and other reasons it is so weak that the solar industry does not get off the ground. If the SolarCoin helping to create the stable environment, our mission was successful. "

Or the SolarCoin all the ambition to stimulate investment in solar parks will eventually realize, remains to be seen. Everything hinges on an increasing number of people that believe in ... the power of the network. Anyhow will arouse the combination with the initiatives on live data about solar power production interest of public authorities, network operators and other players in the market. But there lurks a danger around the corner, what if the SolarCoin a huge success and the speculation exploded - it can also paralyze investment in solar power?

daniobg

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 03:03:57 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 04:06:27 PM by daniobg

Dafuq -

Someone dumped a big chunk ~20 minutes ago  Shocked

Edit: Actually it's one person manipulating the market - selling to himself and buying back. He just wants to catch some little fishes in the net Cheesy No need for a panic!  Grin

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:06:00 PM

Just saw that. Undecided  price is holding  Grin
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 03:12:12 PM

Dafuq -

Someone dumped a big chunk 1 hour ago  Shocked

Well that person is out of the race.  Was hovering around .12 and he took it down to .095 and it went back up to .11. 

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 03:43:39 PM

The SolarCoin foundation and ElectriCChain are working hard to grow value.  An initial pilot with Lumo-France a crowdfunding site for solar is under way.  Basically small holders invest Euro's in SolarFarms. In return they get the traditional solar farm type IRRs in fiat and the SolarCoin associated with the Farm.  https://www.lumo-france.com/blog/2016/06/01/lumo-integre-le-projet-blockchain-electricchain-distributeur-de-la-monnaie-solarcoin

More importantly our lead partner on this project is chair of the European Crowd Funding network. http://eurocrowd.org/ 

He has identified another potential 30 crowdfunding sites that may be potential partners.  This is great for the democratization of financing for Solar energy.

We look forward to more ElectriCChain developments in micro-finance, micro-grids etc. to push Solar Energy into the energy deserts of the world where it can have more impact.  The trial in London will be used as a model.  Conversations are now open on 3 continents for R&D of the solarcoin blockchain as a tool for data and "reward" solarcoin. 

If you know of crowdfunding sites for Solar outside of the EU that may be interested in similar partnerships, please forward them or introduce the www.electricchain.org to them.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
solarcoiner

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:44:11 PM

The same thing happened to me, but with another alt coin - I had the wallet, but could not figure out my password Cheesy I'm glad that I found a notepad file with the password that I was hiding in the most stupid place ever so when I found it I sold all of that alt and bought ~1000 SLR with it and I'm glad I DID it back then, because that other alt is not going anywhere, but Solarcoin is a different story Smiley not to mention that if I didn't do this back then but now instead, I would get only ~150 SLR so I'm glad with myself Cheesy

By the way I am looking at the Crypto-Currency Market Capitalization and the coins that are ahead of us in the chart and I find atleast 50% of them as complete "crap" lol I can't understand how people even invest in them  Shocked

Yes thats a very valid point. Like I said I had a vision and thats Solarcoin in the top 5 on coinmarketcap. Its ridiculous that people actually buy stuff like bitcrystals or Lisk and all of that other crap. Im so happy I liquidated most of my other altcoins into solarcoin a while back. Best decision I ever made  Grin

Edit: I remeber when Soalrcoin was something like number 167 on coinmarket cap. ( and it was on the second page). Absolutely crazy  Shocked
solarcoiner

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:52:17 PM

Imagine Elon Musk ( creator of Paypal, Spacex, Tesla Motors and founder of Solarcity ) finds out about Solarcoin  Wink 
daniobg

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 06:03:45 PM

Imagine Elon Musk ( creator of Paypal, Spacex, Tesla Motors and founder of Solarcity ) finds out about Solarcoin  Wink  

Lol I was thinking about that ~2 months ago or something, when they landed the Falcon 9 rocket back to the earth successfully  Grin Actually I think that at some point the Solarcoin Foundation must try to speak to him in some way and get his interest - if he manage to invest in the coin it will be huge  Shocked Imagine all the people he knows and the connections he has - even a tweet from him saying something positive about Solarcoin will get many people interested  Cheesy

lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2016, 03:19:19 AM

Hi everyone,

I want to write a short story about our time in London at the Hackathon last week.
In total I was away for about 80 hours and 34 hours flying and about 40 hours in London.

I want to emphasize that all was paid in SolarCoin. Flights, accommodation and our eating expenses and transport.

online photo sharing
This was the next morning in London after I landed. I managed to transit through Korea from Tokyo and pay all of the train fees on the Wirex card for airport transfers in Tokyo.
In Korea I tried to buy a sandwich at starbucks and they rejected the Mastercard, it worked 2.5 hours earlier in Tokyo. Nothing had changed on the balance as I was tracking it in the APP. On the surface mastercard has the same logo, but underneath there are so many systems and I feel that they are very different in each country. For example in Japan you can enter your pin. In Korea you don't need a pin but just sign. If you sign wrong, it doesn't work. They get you to sign on this digital tablet and it is so difficult to get your signature correct! The resolution isn't fine enough.
Very cold and rainy when I arrived. My umbrella flew away! I was wandering around London looking for a Bitcoin ATM to withdraw fiat cash (for a bit of backup) and I went to three different locations. Location 1 had a network error in their ATM and said that they were fixing it. I went to location 2 and they said the ATM was no longer there. Finally I went to the third location and i couldn't even locate the shop. So no luck getting fiat cash from an ATM.

For the rest of the trip I had to pay on mastercard. And also use my backup Paypal account (not SolarCoin's) so it wasn't entirely successful.

image hosting 10mb limit

Breakfast when I still had some cash. It was about 9 pounds for a cup of tea and some cereal. One thing about London is getting inside when it is raining and miserable outside and having a warm cup of tea.

photo hosting

We met up with the team, hacked away in the hotel a bit and then went to the hardware store.
I met Francois and Johann and we walked into the hardware store, bought this wood and then took a black cab to the venue. All very funny really. Especially getting that huge piece of timber into the black cab!

Scalextrix dropped the battery off earlier in the hotel lobby and the hotel said that they were taking care of it. It is a huge 22kg lead-acid battery and without Scalextrix help we would have been a "bit of a tight spot!" The hotel lobby misplaced our battery! After Adam and crew called an Uber and we basically walked behind the hotel reception and told them where to find the battery we were able to finally get all of the equipment down to the Rainmakers Loft.

screenshot software
A cold and cloudy day in London, near the Rainmakers loft near Tower station.

imgur

Now the real build began. We spent about 3 hours building up the system. By the way this was after a few beers down at the pub while we were waiting to get into the event space. We were meant to get into there after 3pm as the BBC were still filming but at 5:40pm and still in the pub I got concerned and we just went down to the loft and asked to get in.
They wanted us out by 8pm! That's basically impossible as there was a lot of wiring to be done.
So we wired away and started getting the nodes turned on etc. Finally by 9pm were at a point that we were happy to come back early at 7:30 am to finish up before 9am when the session began.

photo hosting

Pretty cool event and open office space in London. Picture taken at 9pm.

how to take a screen shot

Lunch on the first day with all of the organization crew! Chain-of-things, ElectriCChain and Solcrypto!
Wow this was such a great lunch where finally after months of talking and planning with each other on the internet and virtually we could finally meet!

photo uploader

The kit turned on at the presentation!
We couldn't get the block count right on the Bitseed node (anyone have some thoughts on that please contact me). But we got communication from the data-logger kWh generation to the Solcrypto cloud platform and then a wrapper to the SolarCoin API. This is still ongoing.

screenshot on pc
It seems that we have started something here! This is the picture of the winners of the conference hackathon ideas. They made a presentation that is going to tap the green energy markets to then crowd-fund solar plants in developing countries. It is very interesting. There were a few other great ideas there too. It seems we may have begun to make a new industry called "blockchain energy."

uploading pictures
Flying back to Japan for me, a few of them stayed on longer but I had to rush back.

Overall it was a great project, and this project is still ongoing as we transition to a minimum viable product. At least by November this year!!

Thanks to all who funded on the crowd-raise. There is still some budget left over and we are discussing how to allocate that for future ELCC projects. Please also lend your suggestions!!

Best,
-lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 04:34:18 AM

SolarCoin is not tied to a commodity, the Claimers own their Solar and use the power they generate. The way it is expressed is that it is a Flight Mile scenario. So this was the problem I brought up initially like which came first the Chicken or the Egg. If everyone were to take their money to buy Solar and claim who would buy the SolarCoin the Claimers wish to sell? People getting rid of their BitCoin is the only option that I can see but why wouldn't these same people sell their BitCoin and buy Solar?
Claimers own their own PV system but they don't necessarily use the power they generate, you're forgetting any export to the grid.

If everyone were to invest in solar that would be a good thing. It doesn't matter if they use Bitcoin, SLR, USD or livestock to purchase a PV system. The whole point of SLR is to help incentivise people into buying into solar generation in the first place by rewarding the generators with something else they can potentially use in exchange for services, goods or trade. This is on top of other government incentives like renewable energy certificates that are already traded and openly purchased by power companies so they can meet government renewable energy targets.

People will place their own value on SLR regardless of current exchange price. Once the exchange price meets (or exceeds) their value they will sell or buy, depending on their intentions - this is no different to any market. People will buy into SLR if they deem it the better option than purchasing a PV system, so I don't know why you always try to make the point that no-one will simply buy SLR on the exchanges.

The problem I see with SLR presently is it's such a closed environment with small amounts of people owning large amounts of coin. The sooner more volume of SLR is spread between more holders the better.

How does exporting energy to the grid imply a commodity for people to participate in? The power company and the individual are the participants and that is not a marketable item in either direction, you can buy stock in the Utility though. The public utility controls everyone involved. It is like you are saying every home owner with orange trees is now a part of the Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice Commodity yet they drink their own Juice and don't even freeze it, but they stare at their trees every day so they concentrated it. If homeowners freeze and sell their oranges they compete with the FOJC and have no bearing in the market but could still affect the market more than what Solar Coin can in any way shape or form. This is why it is a flight mile incentive and worth what people will pay for it. Not a commodity but a stock since it slides up and down the market based on nothing but pure speculation. Like I said 1 satoshi per SLR would make the coin stable and still have an 8 Billion dollar market cap. Considering there is not much to buy 8 Billion is way over the top! They could also dole out the 20 years in 1 payment at 1 satoshi and get the coin rolling.

So I agree with you on the Small amount of people holding all the coin. I had proposed ideas to no avail. It is too bad that the blockchain could not be restarted at zero and have claimers own the only coin. Then people buy the coin to own some or claim their solar and keep it to use or sell it. Then SLR can be somewhat rare depending on claims and has a purpose, mostly for the intended purpose of incentivizing solar. That is why I say roll in the 33 Mil coin at current market cap so no one loses money and then allow the claimers to jump ahead of the pack.

I am stating that ideally if you use your money to buy Solar you don't have any to buy SLR with. If you use your Bitcoin to buy Solar you don't have any to buy SLR with. It is not that no one will buy SLR on the exchanges, this will happen regardless. So the catch 22 comes down to this very simply. By claiming solar you won't have that much SLR to buy things with. Do claimers then think to themselves... I have this claim of 5 coins and I would like to buy something with their Solar Coin. What can I buy with 5 Coins? Not much, so I will sell to BitCoin and then sell to Fiat. Or would you think they would say to themselves... I will go buy Bitcoin and then Buy SLR and then go buy what I need or wait until what I need is sold in SLR? They could just go buy what they need in Fiat right now. So most likely the SLR will be sold off and not come back in as Bitcoin. If everyone moves over from BitCoin to only have SolarCoin then great swap them out and this is the only scenario that works ideally. But people will get stuck in SolarCoin when those who hold Bitcoin manipulate the market up to 10,000 a coin. Everyone left to solarcoin but now have to sell SolarCoin to Bitcoin just to be liquid. Pretty crazy huh.

It's a catch 22. So you can only hope that people who hold Bitcoin just want to switch over to SolarCoin. This is the only viable scenario, but SolarCoin is tied to BitCoin always in order to stay liquid. The 33 Million will profit since they do nothing and cost them near to nothing. Everyone else can pay what they think it is worth and get stuck in manipulated markets forcing them to take losses since you can not compete with the PoW coin at any pace. People who understand markets can Hedge their positions but it just means more money out of pocket just to stabilize their positions while PoW coin and Claim coin rains down on their heads. Where the median price is will be the big question and we won't really know until all the 33 Million are disbursed. You can't truly know when since they can buy and sell to themselves and pounce on your positions.
solarcoiner

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 09:49:13 AM

How does exporting energy to the grid imply a commodity for people to participate in? The power company and the individual are the participants and that is not a marketable item in either direction, you can buy stock in the Utility though. The public utility controls everyone involved. It is like you are saying every home owner with orange trees is now a part of the Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice Commodity yet they drink their own Juice and don't even freeze it, but they stare at their trees every day so they concentrated it. If homeowners freeze and sell their oranges they compete with the FOJC and have no bearing in the market but could still affect the market more than what Solar Coin can in any way shape or form. This is why it is a flight mile incentive and worth what people will pay for it. Not a commodity but a stock since it slides up and down the market based on nothing but pure speculation. Like I said 1 satoshi per SLR would make the coin stable and still have an 8 Billion dollar market cap. Considering there is not much to buy 8 Billion is way over the top! They could also dole out the 20 years in 1 payment at 1 satoshi and get the coin rolling.

So I agree with you on the Small amount of people holding all the coin. I had proposed ideas to no avail. It is too bad that the blockchain could not be restarted at zero and have claimers own the only coin. Then people buy the coin to own some or claim their solar and keep it to use or sell it. Then SLR can be somewhat rare depending on claims and has a purpose, mostly for the intended purpose of incentivizing solar. That is why I say roll in the 33 Mil coin at current market cap so no one loses money and then allow the claimers to jump ahead of the pack.

I am stating that ideally if you use your money to buy Solar you don't have any to buy SLR with. If you use your Bitcoin to buy Solar you don't have any to buy SLR with. It is not that no one will buy SLR on the exchanges, this will happen regardless. So the catch 22 comes down to this very simply. By claiming solar you won't have that much SLR to buy things with. Do claimers then think to themselves... I have this claim of 5 coins and I would like to buy something with their Solar Coin. What can I buy with 5 Coins? Not much, so I will sell to BitCoin and then sell to Fiat. Or would you think they would say to themselves... I will go buy Bitcoin and then Buy SLR and then go buy what I need or wait until what I need is sold in SLR? They could just go buy what they need in Fiat right now. So most likely the SLR will be sold off and not come back in as Bitcoin. If everyone moves over from BitCoin to only have SolarCoin then great swap them out and this is the only scenario that works ideally. But people will get stuck in SolarCoin when those who hold Bitcoin manipulate the market up to 10,000 a coin. Everyone left to solarcoin but now have to sell SolarCoin to Bitcoin just to be liquid. Pretty crazy huh.

It's a catch 22. So you can only hope that people who hold Bitcoin just want to switch over to SolarCoin. This is the only viable scenario, but SolarCoin is tied to BitCoin always in order to stay liquid. The 33 Million will profit since they do nothing and cost them near to nothing. Everyone else can pay what they think it is worth and get stuck in manipulated markets forcing them to take losses since you can not compete with the PoW coin at any pace. People who understand markets can Hedge their positions but it just means more money out of pocket just to stabilize their positions while PoW coin and Claim coin rains down on their heads. Where the median price is will be the big question and we won't really know until all the 33 Million are disbursed. You can't truly know when since they can buy and sell to themselves and pounce on your positions.

They cant buy and sell to themselves forever. At some point the market will get too big or they will run out bitcoins to play with Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: