Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:18:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Camming Site  (Read 26518 times)
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:22:13 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2012, 06:50:31 AM by phorensic

Lot of action today on the site.  I would say this website has been a success so far.

Also, the scammer that injected fake video loops and got about $15 worth of BTC was quite entertaining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 05:41:52 PM

Also, the scammer that injected fake video loops and got about $15 worth of BTC was quite entertaining.

A man's praise in his own mouth stinks. Wink

Yes, it was interesting to know how he does it. He streamed snippets of video of a barely moving sleepy girl and had some snippets available to switch to (smile, nod, ...) at a click. He has trouble with sound as that would be harder to loop and he's a he so dubbing his own videos would not be easy.

Taken it's a lot of preparation and requires the guy sitting by makes me believe him when he says it's just for fun.

Only thing that annoys me about this is that I tipped him (I tipped all girls to get their interest although my video is totally broken and I was more fascinated by the site than the girl but I want to see this project take off)

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 06:02:26 PM

please don't! add a block user function for the performer before you have some scam-alert in place. Fortunately many users bother to warn others about loops but if they can be banned for that, there is a problem.
Sure banning will be needed, too at some point.

Maybe in the meantime write something like "smiling to the camera is no verification. Expect performers to interact with you like greet you. Remember that greeting you in the chat is the easiest thing to script"

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:36:02 PM

Yes, it was interesting to know how he does it. He streamed snippets of video of a barely moving sleepy girl and had some snippets available to switch to (smile, nod, ...) at a click. He has trouble with sound as that would be harder to loop and he's a he so dubbing his own videos would not be easy.

Taken it's a lot of preparation and requires the guy sitting by makes me believe him when he says it's just for fun.

Only thing that annoys me about this is that I tipped him (I tipped all girls to get their interest although my video is totally broken and I was more fascinated by the site than the girl but I want to see this project take off)

It's not hard to do.  I used to do that shit on ChatRoulette a while back... Here's how:

http://www.ehow.com/how_12209816_loop-video-chatroulette.html

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 09:06:55 PM

It's not hard to do.  I used to do that shit on ChatRoulette a while back... Here's how:

http://www.ehow.com/how_12209816_loop-video-chatroulette.html

nah he had material explicitly prepared for that. not just a loop. very static blurry girl and when somebody wanted her to tip her nose or wave he played the respective video seamlessly. 15 vids in total.

ɃɃ
phorensic

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 09:11:23 PM

Yeah very interactive, he had like a storyboard or something of videos that he could choose to play when somebody asked for something.  The somewhat seamless transition was really cool, it looked like the video cut out or something and boom she was doing what you asked.  It was hilarious.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 09:14:29 PM

Well at least he worked for it, sounds like he earned it  Wink

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 10:46:23 PM

And now he has the honour of being the first banned user on cam4btc.com Smiley

I got home 11 pm from work and just wrote the code to ban him. Please report other wrongdoers from now on and I'll see if they should be banned. (I really hoped this wasn't necessary but I don't like scammers at all Sad)
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 05:33:56 AM

I got home 11 pm from work and just wrote the code to ban him. Please report other wrongdoers from now on and I'll see if they should be banned. (I really hoped this wasn't necessary but I don't like scammers at all Sad)

slippery slope warning Smiley good luck with the banning. It will only get worse though.

ɃɃ
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 03:35:56 PM

I think that Bitcoin has HUGE potential in webcam stripping etc. I believe that this could become a big hit.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 03:52:49 PM

I think that Bitcoin has HUGE potential in webcam stripping etc. I believe that this could become a big hit.

I whole heartedly agree.. and combine this with various working salary levels of different countries... it may just be the thing that causes the network effect that Bitcoin needs to explode sooner than later.

For example, I absolutely LOVE Vietnamese women and other ethnicities typical of 3rd world countries. I might lose a LOT of Bitcoin to that genre of adult entertainers. Tipping amount that may seem meager to someone in a first world country to someone in a 3rd world country may be very well accepted. Now all of the sudden independant people in these economically challenged situations have a service to provide to the entire world and Bitcoin is extended where it would not have been. Exchange services start showing up in those locations, traditional businesses start wanting a piece of the global currency, etc..

I'm very excited for this.

d'aniel

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:02:55 PM

I have some requests that might improve the btc side of cam4btc:
  • URI and QR code support
  • show the amount received by the posted address since the beginning of the broadcast
  • include 0-confirmation sends in this
  • detect and filter double spends from this (can't do anything about finney attacks, but they're tips, so it's probably not a big deal)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 07:25:26 PM

• show the amount received by the posted address since the beginning of the broadcast
  • detect and filter double spends from this (can't do anything about finney attacks, but they're tips, so it's probably not a big deal)

It would be very cool if everyone saw a tip come in realtime. But no worry about double spends here imo.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 08:24:15 PM

There is a girl now

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 08:28:09 PM

A beautiful one  Smiley

phorensic

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 08:55:09 PM

Whoah
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 10:31:35 PM

slippery slope warning Smiley good luck with the banning. It will only get worse though.

I totally agree. I think in the end a community must evolve which will order content based on appropriateness (I'm not too knowledgeable about Reddit but I think this is what they do). This is too complex to do now (it is not the most valuable to most users right now) so I had left it out completely. Now something happened which caused it to be valuable to ban users (most users are annoyed by a scammer for instance) so I solved with the most simple (and imperfect) solution of just banning the user and playing dictator.

I have no intentions of staying dictator as my ambitions are to become the medium everybody uses. The people (yes users of the site) can then jointly decide what they prefer and what not. For now I really believe however other things a re more important then me stopping being a dictator in this. I hope my promise not to be the dictator forever will suffice for now as I expand the platform beyond it's beta stage Smiley
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 10:32:50 PM

I thought this was "bitcoin scamming site" Cheesy
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 10:35:15 PM

I whole heartedly agree.. and combine this with various working salary levels of different countries... it may just be the thing that causes the network effect that Bitcoin needs to explode sooner than later.

For example, I absolutely LOVE Vietnamese women and other ethnicities typical of 3rd world countries. I might lose a LOT of Bitcoin to that genre of adult entertainers. Tipping amount that may seem meager to someone in a first world country to someone in a 3rd world country may be very well accepted. Now all of the sudden independant people in these economically challenged situations have a service to provide to the entire world and Bitcoin is extended where it would not have been. Exchange services start showing up in those locations, traditional businesses start wanting a piece of the global currency, etc..

I'm very excited for this.

Thanks a lot I agree. Have you ever heard of a service online (I think from India) where normal people in the west can afford a personal assistant by choosing a PA from India? You will have to collaborate remotely and across timezones, but it is still affordable to ask him to jut go Google for a day for a day searching for simple stuff which you wouldn't give yourself time for (nor would want to do).

Another example is Mechanical Turk (which has a Bitcoin variant). Not there is cam4btc for peepshows Wink
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 10:38:20 PM

It would be very cool if everyone saw a tip come in realtime. But no worry about double spends here imo.

I have a ll the above on my todo list expect double spend protection as I think this is not something to worry about in a pure tip system. Think of it as leaving tip on a table in a restaurant. You are not worried other guests will steal it before the waitress retrieves it.

BTW: The tip thing is on top of the todo list rightly after solving some small bugs
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: