Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:35:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 27603 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:12:58 PM

"bcx scare" made a successful price drop than the the previous attacks (which really happened btw)

bcx...you are something lol

trolls...how about some troll awards here lol

Cheesy
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:14:11 PM

"bcx scare" made a successful price drop than the the previous attacks (which really happened btw)

Cheesy

if you followed bcx closely for the last few years - you'd understand why.  mark my words - if he ever views monero or any other PoW as a threat to LTC god have mercy on it's soul.
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:21:22 PM

I'm not convinced by BCX bullshit. From reading his posts and comments over the past year I have made up my mind about him.

He's a compulsive liar. I really don't think there is any truth in anything he says.

It's not the first time he steps up with claims of being able to destroy XYZ coin by doing this or that.

I think he is a very lonely person that is simply living out his fantasies of grandeur.

When he gets some temporary fleeting confirmation that he is indeed this superhero in the Bitcoin world he will masturbate for atleast a day.

Let's keep that in mind and extend feelings of compassion toward this lost soul.

Another Moneroman88 account LOL

I have nothing to prove but if you will notice that rpietila did in fact respond in this thread and did not dispute anything I posted. (or smooth for that matter)

This isn't new information and I am not the only one that is aware of this. The "annoyance" exploits I did find, that being a chain bloat exploit and a diff exploit that would enable a fairly disruptive TW attack. The keyring issue was discussed among a group and I expanded on it as well successfully tested under the prescribed conditions. I'm sorry if you do not like the facts but seriously I do not have any interest in saving, improving, investing or attacking XMR.

~BCX~

In reference to the exploit, without giving the details away for others to exploit the problem, is there anyway to prove your claims?
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:24:14 PM

Cheesy

if you followed bcx closely for the last few years - you'd understand why.  mark my words - if he ever views monero or any other PoW as a threat to LTC god have mercy on it's soul.

if there are exploits on CN coins, this should be addressed by the devs with or without the help of bcx or any exploiters..if a coin would have a future it should be tried and tested before more money is put into it.
Windoze

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:25:53 PM

if you followed bcx closely for the last few years - you'd understand why.  mark my words - if he ever views monero or any other PoW as a threat to LTC god have mercy on it's soul.

Word! What has me concerned is the lack of any response from any the xmr team refuting this. Seems to me if not true they would debunk this asap.

No:

who is on damage control  Undecided

What damage? Should we react every time someone claims something? At this stage, given that there are no technical details, we can only assume that it may be true or it may be false. And, thus, do nothing until something tips the evidence either way.

If they spent all of their time addressing every single unicorn claim lacking any technical detail about some dooming flaw, then they wouldn't really get anywhere. They're not after your money and they're not gonna pander to investors. Anyone buying this knows it's alpha level software and the value could go to zero tomorrow.

If legitimate technical details surface, then they will be shared as anyone would hope. Just as they've done in the past.
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:27:22 PM

this just in. 

bxc has huge holding in popcorn company & is expecting rainfall profits this quarter.
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:28:47 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 09:51:23 PM by Ultros

if you followed bcx closely for the last few years - you'd understand why.  mark my words - if he ever views monero or any other PoW as a threat to LTC god have mercy on it's soul.

Word! What has me concerned is the lack of any response from any the xmr team refuting this. Seems to me if not true they would debunk this asap.

How do you answer to someone that say he found "some specific thing" in your code?

Two options:

1(what you expect): "Well man sorry I just checked my code and I don't see any "specific thing", you were wrong, LOL."
2(what they did): "Could you please be a little more specific about what the specific thing is so I can find it?"

You think we're talking about what? A baby puzzle?

If it was as easy as saying "you lost an animal" it wouldn't need any "specific indication" but I'm afraid XMR is a little more vast and complex matter.

"Oh btw, you have a cancer. I wont tell you where it is, but you do have one that might kill you soon. Good luck finding it. Oh btw only very skillful doctors like me can detect its presence."

Now good luck proving you don't have any cancer (or that it is infact an allergy) in a very short time.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

How do you answer to someone that say he found "some specific thing" in your code?

Two options:

1(what you expect): "Well man sorry I just checked my code and I don't see any "specific thing", you were wrong, LOL."
2(what they did): "Could you please be a little more specific about what the specific thing is so I can find it?"

You think we're talking about what? A baby puzzle?

If it was as easy as saying "you lost an animal" it wouldn't need any "specific indication" but I'm afraid XMR is a little more vast and complex matter.

"Oh btw, you have a cancer. I wont tell you where it is, but you do have one that might kill you soon. Good luck finding it. Oh btw only very skillful doctors like me can detect its presence."

Now good luck proving you don't have any cancer (or that it is infact an allergy) in a very short time.

+100 & amen brother ... This has to be the most moronic panic dump i've ever seen.... about what? FUD, not even the real attack killed the price so hard. this guy BCX is full of it IMO, so BCX - Put up the proof or GTFO you soul-less, obviously extremely butt-hurt of a person against JUST monero, when you claim this bug affects all CN coins... What a fool...

I'm going to be buying a lot XMR tonight people, oh yeah.. thansk BCX, or I will just call you BS from now on... Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:37:28 PM

There is a tiny teapot orbiting the sun. It is too small to see with any telescope, nor can we get close enough to the sun to detect it.

Now, what has me concerned is the lack of any response form any astronomer refuting this. Seems to me if not true they would debunk this asap.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
tx42

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:39:25 PM

+100 & amen brother ... This has to be the most moronic panic dump i've ever seen.... about what? FUD, not even the real attack killed the price so hard. this guy BCX is full of it IMO, so BCX - Put up the proof or GTFO you soul-less, obviously extremely butt-hurt of a person against JUST monero, when you claim this bug affects all CN coins... What a fool...

Some people have a bad case of troll fever.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:50:18 PM

I have nothing to prove but if you will notice that rpietila did in fact respond in this thread and did not dispute anything I posted. (or smooth for that matter)

I don't dispute anything BitcoinEXpress said. I can't confirm the existence of the claimed exploits but I can't prove that they don't exist either. The stuff he said about trolls being annoying and not being affiliated with the core team in any way (rpietilla isn't either BTW, he is just a vocal supporter) is absolutely true.

tx42

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:53:54 PM

In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed.

The bullshit part is in bold (well it's all bullshit). There may be an exploit in XMR that may work under some theoretical circumstances, but unless Ronald Rivest and Adi Shamir (the R & S from RSA cryptography) screwed up in a way that has not been detected by everyone in the field of cryptography, there is no need to sacrifice anonymity for "keyrings" (i.e. the ring signature system).

And the part about hijacking addresses is laughable too. Signatures and derivative keys in these systems come from cryptographic one way functions. The implementation of these functions are easy to test using known inputs and reference implementations. So, to reverse engineer a signature or derivative key is impossible with current technology except in cases of weak keys.

BCX probably killed coins, but judging from his assertions, any success is more likely related to the mining power at his disposal than with any specific insight into cryptography.

Kuriso

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:56:24 PM

I don't dispute anything BitcoinEXpress said. I can't confirm the existence of the claimed exploits but I can't prove that they don't exist either. The stuff he said about trolls being annoying and not being affiliated with the core team in any way (rpietilla isn't either BTW, he is just a vocal supporter) is absolutely true.

rpietilla may not be part of the core team but he is heavily vested and has personal ties to someone that is.  As such he has access to insider information and is able to use that information to his advantage.  He might as well be considered part of the team.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:58:29 PM

In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed.

The bullshit part is in bold (well it's all bullshit). There may be an exploit in XMR that may work under some theoretical circumstances, but unless Ronald Rivest and Adi Shamir (the R & S from RSA cryptography) screwed up in a way that has not been detected by everyone in the field of cryptography, there is no need to sacrifice anonymity for "keyrings" (i.e. the ring signature system).

And the part about hijacking addresses is laughable too. Signatures and derivative keys in these systems come from cryptographic one way functions. The implementation of these functions are easy to test using known inputs and reference implementations. So, to reverse engineer a signature or derivative key is impossible with current technology except in cases of weak keys.

BCX probably killed coins, but judging from his assertions, any success is more likely related to the mining power at his disposal than with any specific insight into cryptography.

It is possible it is not a problem with RSA itself but in the way it was implemented in CN coins, no?
tx42

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:00:21 PM

It is possible it is not a problem with RSA itself but in the way it was implemented in CN coins, no?

Yeah. So fix the implementation (if broken) and you get anonymity. (Note: RSA is not the same as ring signatures.)

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:01:08 PM

if there are exploits on CN coins, this should be addressed by the devs with or without the help of bcx or any exploiters..if a coin would have a future it should be tried and tested before more money is put into it.

We are obviously working on finding and fixing problems with the code with or without any outside help. We certainly welcome help from anyone who knows of specific problems, but we can't force that to happen.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:08:25 PM

Yeah. So fix the implementation (if broken) and you get anonymity. (Note: RSA is not the same as ring signatures.)

Understood.

For the record, I have seen BCX make such claims about other cryptos before and never come forward with any information or attack the crypto. I wouldn't put much credence in his claim unless he provides proof. I have always been skeptical when he makes such claims, especially seeing as though nothing ever comes of them.
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:08:50 PM

We are obviously working on finding and fixing problems with the code with or without any outside help. We certainly welcome help from anyone who knows of specific problems, but we can't force that to happen.

So how does this get resolved ??
Is BitCoinEXpress willing to prove his point or help Monero devs with a
solution/work around ??

Triff ..

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:20:20 PM

Fuck em up BCX!
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:43:38 PM

So how does this get resolved ??
Is BitCoinEXpress willing to prove his point or help Monero devs with a
solution/work around ??

If he reports something (or anyone does), we will analyze it and make any necessary fixes.

If someone exploits something, we will analyze it and make any necessary fixes.

If neither happens we will continue our normal development process.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: