Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:43:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 27598 times)
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:29:38 AM

I have always been skeptical when he makes such claims, especially seeing as though nothing ever comes of them.
Does no one remember AUR? That shit was fireworks. Don't poke the dragon!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joebob999

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:33:43 AM

I have always been skeptical when he makes such claims, especially seeing as though nothing ever comes of them.

CoinHoarder would love to see him take down Monero ... the ones poking the dragon have a reason  Roll Eyes

From what I can tell the cryptonote devs are treating him with more respect than the AUR devs did ... so who knows. 
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:45:36 AM

CoinHoarder would love to see him take down Monero ... the ones poking the dragon have a reason  Roll Eyes

From what I can tell the cryptonote devs are treating him with more respect than the AUR devs did ... so who knows.  

That is true, I would love to see the demise of Monero. You guys need to get your own forums and stop spamming this subforum, then I will play nice with you. I know someone's going to say.. But.. But.. That's not us, it's some meta reverse trolling, but IMO you guys started it by flooding the subforum with pro-Monero threads and the trolls decided they needed to counter them.

The only way I see it ending is if you guys move most Monero discussion to your own forums. Stop bringing up the only solution to be creating a Monero subforum here, because you and I both know that is never going to happen.

Until you do this I will be rooting for your demise because I am tired of the clusterfuck of Monero propaganda and trolling that has come of it. It is sad you guys make me feel this way, because I actually like Monero and its anon tech.. I just prefer this to subforum to be general discussion about all Alt coins not just Monero, as I am interested in improving crypto coins beyond simply making them more anonymous.

That being said, my post above was not meaning to "poke the dragon". It was my honest assessment of the situation.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 12:55:17 AM

CoinHoarder would love to see him take down Monero ... the ones poking the dragon have a reason  Roll Eyes

That is true, I would love to see the demise of Monero. You guys need to get your own forums and stop spamming this subforum, then I will play nice with you. I know someone's going to say.. But.. But.. That's not us, it's some meta reverse trolling, but IMO you guys started it by flooding the subforum with pro-Monero threads and the trolls decided they needed to counter them.

The only way I see it ending is if you guys move most Monero discussion to your own forums. Stop bringing up the only solution to be creating a Monero subforum here, because you and I both know that is never going to happen.

Until you do this I will be rooting for your demise because I am tired of the clusterfuck of Monero propaganda and trolling that has come of it. It is sad you guys make me feel this way, because I actually like Monero and its anon tech.. I just prefer this to subforum to be general discussion about all Alt coins not just Monero, as I am interested in improving crypto coins beyond simply making them more anonymous.

That being said, my post above was not meaning to "poke the dragon". It was my honest assessment of the situation.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:01:48 AM

Yea yea, very funny babyface.jpg  Roll Eyes

I am just someone that believes in decentralized cryptocurrencies and wants to see them improved upon for the greater good of mankind. I am not here to get rich. All this propaganda and trolling is affecting the amount of decent conversations going on in this subforum. Anonymity is not the only flaw main stream cryptocurrencies have.

This really pisses me off as it affects all cryptocoin discussion, not just Monero, CN coins, or anon coins.
ibuyltc

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:02:29 AM

*snip*
I'm sorry if you do not like the facts but seriously I do not have any interest in saving, improving, investing or attacking XMR.

If sure if something existed you could easily raise a decent sum for the vulnerability via donations.  Not supporting XMR directly but all the CN coins.  

Seems a waste of all that research to just burn it.
AdamWhite

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:16:08 AM

I am just someone that believes in decentralized cryptocurrencies and wants to see them improved upon for the greater good of mankind. I am not here to get rich. All this propaganda and trolling is affecting the amount of decent conversations going on in this subforum. Anonymity is not the only flaw main stream cryptocurrencies have.

This really pisses me off as it affects all cryptocoin discussion, not just Monero, CN coins, or anon coins.

Yeah.. you want to see innovation.. just not here. I mean, why should you be personally inconvenienced and forced into looking at thread titles with the word monero in them? Unthinkable! In the meantime, you will hope for its demise until all monero related activity is performed a safe distance away from you.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:21:17 AM

LOL please CH bless us more with your wants and needs of what this forum should look like.  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:31:51 AM

Yeah.. you want to see innovation.. just not here. I mean, why should you be personally inconvenienced and forced into looking at thread titles with the word monero in them? Unthinkable! In the meantime, you will hope for its demise until all monero related activity is performed a safe distance away from you.

I would love it if Monero wanted to innovate in other areas other than anonymity, but I don't see it happening. Most of the Monero supporters (which are mainly long time Bitcoin/Litecoin supporters whom mostly feel the same way) seem to think all innovation that doesn't include improving anonymity is a gimmick. Most of them don't realize PoW mining is hugely flawed and a better alternative needs to be conceived. There are many other issues with cryptocurrencies that the Monero community doesn't seem that bothered by as well that I think are problems affecting mass adoption, sustainability, and utility.

Although Monero is innovating (well... Copying) in terms of anonymity, I am not really interested in it as they aren't interested in fixing other problems with crypto coins. Later down the road if ring signatures ends up being the best solution to anonymity [I speculate it won't be and a better solution(s) will pop up], then there is nothing stopping other coins that are innovating in other areas from implementing ring signatures. I would be infinitely more interested and supportive of those cryptocoins over Monero.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:39:46 AM

LOL please CH bless us more with your wants and needs of what this forum should look like.  Roll Eyes

Do you not understand how big of a clusterfuck this subforum would be if every ALT coin used this subforum as their main forums?  Roll Eyes

If Monero solved all current problems with cryptocoins, was the most innovative alt coin, made everyone millionaires, achieved world peace, and could shoot gold bullion out of its ass, I would still feel the same way.
AdamWhite

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:46:27 AM

Man get over yourself.. If you don't like a topic no one is forcing you to click and participate
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:48:49 AM

So the whole point of the fud post is to get back at people making hype posts?

What a fucking waste of time.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:03:19 AM

how big of a clusterfuck this subforum would be

It's somehow not Huh
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:06:11 AM

Most of them don't realize PoW mining is hugely flawed and a better alternative needs to be conceived.

I agree, except that all the proposed alternatives so far have been worse.

My position is that some sort of Satoshi-level breakthrough is needed to move things forward, not yet another attempt to beat on the PoS or Ripple dead horses with minor tweaks. You have 1000 PoS scam coins in the ANN section if that's what you want.

The Monero project is not opposed to pursuing that, but we don't have any such ideas at the present time. We do have ideas to improve other things, such as some aspects of mining (i.e. tweaks on PoW). We certainly don't think that anonymity is the only way we should innovate.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:15:13 AM

I would love it if Monero wanted to innovate in other areas other than anonymity, but I don't see it happening. Most of the Monero supporters (which are mainly long time Bitcoin/Litecoin supporters whom mostly feel the same way) seem to think all innovation that doesn't include improving anonymity is a gimmick. Most of them don't realize PoW mining is hugely flawed and a better alternative needs to be conceived. There are many other issues with cryptocurrencies that the Monero community doesn't seem that bothered by as well that I think are problems affecting mass adoption, sustainability, and utility.

Although Monero is innovating (well... Copying) in terms of anonymity, I am not really interested in it as they aren't interested in fixing other problems with crypto coins. Later down the road if ring signatures ends up being the best solution to anonymity [I speculate it won't be and a better solution(s) will pop up], then there is nothing stopping other coins that are innovating in other areas from implementing ring signatures. I would be infinitely more interested and supportive of those cryptocoins over Monero.

I see... so you think Monero should die because it isn't incorporating every gimmick feature you think is important.

Although Monero is innovating (well... Copying) ...

Careful, you're starting to sound like a BCN troll. How many of those "innovative" alts you support happen to be BTC forks? Oh that's right... all of them.
SomethingElse

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:22:08 AM

if you followed bcx closely for the last few years - you'd understand why.  mark my words - if he ever views monero or any other PoW as a threat to LTC god have mercy on it's soul.

Word! What has me concerned is the lack of any response from any the xmr team refuting this. Seems to me if not true they would debunk this asap.

Everytime BCX makes a post like this, the coin has huge troubles.  Just read his history.  It is funny that people with only a few posts "aren't scared" of him. 

NEM
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:29:52 AM

Most of them don't realize PoW mining is hugely flawed and a better alternative needs to be conceived.

To create something out of nothing would violate the first law of thermodynamics. PoW is the only solution because creating value in a decentralized free market depends on the expense of resources.

Please describe how PoW is "flawed" and how an alternative is even possible (hint: it isn't).
tx42

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:47:23 AM

If Monero solved all current problems with cryptocoins, was the most innovative alt coin, made everyone millionaires, achieved world peace, and could shoot gold bullion out of its ass, I would still feel the same way.

Be honest with yourself. You'd feel differently if it could shoot gold bullion out of its ass. We all would.

tx42

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:49:00 AM

To create something out of nothing would violate the first law of thermodynamics.

Johnny Mnemonic, meet the U.S. Treasury, a place where the laws of physics do not apply.

TheCloser

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:56:56 AM

To create something out of nothing would violate the first law of thermodynamics.

Johnny Mnemonic, meet the U.S. Treasury, a place where the laws of physics do not apply.

Not quite true, proof of work exists in the electricity and mechanics of printing paper money. Come on man, you should know the earth is a closed system and energy is neither lost or created.......just transferred. This is called proof of work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: