Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:56:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 27599 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:47:48 AM

If someone knew of such an exploit, he would probably want to wait in case the coin becomes worth more so the reward of the attack would be worth the effort.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:48:14 AM

If someone knew of such an exploit, he would probably want to wait in case the coin becomes worth more so the reward of the attack would be worth the effort.

Yes the funny thing is no such exploit exists, it's a huge fairytale of BCX
Hotmetal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:53:29 AM

That's what I've been trying to explain for days but I'm afraid it's too complicated for most people that got no time to read all over the threads to decide between trolling and not. I can't blame them really. All they see is a bunch of XMR threads all over the place with aggressive shilling and offensive behaviors. It's very difficult to convince them that these threads are actually made by people that want to provoke and tarnish with reverse-psychology.

You give people WAY too much credit. There is no pre-planned anti-monero campaign whose agenda is to disrupt its progress.

no, Ultros is right! I'm 99.99% certain that there's no exploit (it's only made up), BCX has planned this attack of lies and FUD to crash the price and buy a position as a whale in Monero. What a low attempt and all credibility of the guy is lost now

I'm not disputing whether or not such an exploit does or does not exist.
Hotmetal

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:54:49 AM

You give people WAY too much credit. There is no pre-planned anti-monero campaign whose agenda is to disrupt its progress.

Actually there is. There may also be people who simply enjoy the attention or are otherwise unbalanced who do it without any coordination (or who jump on the bandwagon, as you say in your later post), and that is true for every coin, but there is at least one if not more organized planned, and consistent campaign against Monero intended to disrupt its progress.

I guess the same could be said about monero-pro campaigns to elevate its status.
Ultros

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:57:27 AM

I challenge you to tell me with a straight face that "AltcoinHimmler" from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786537.0 that come with a nazi name, newb account, poll with "ban monero" in it, insults and retarded shilling, isn't a troll that makes any normal human-being hate whatever he's associated with without even having to go through any mental process.

And what about that one? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=778863.msg8778520#msg8778520

I could easily link you a dozen of threads that looks the same. And that are just the obvious ones. Moneroman88 is less obvious, you need a whole pack of five minutes to debunk him..
Moneroman88

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:58:50 AM

I challenge you to tell me with a straight face that "AltcoinHimmler" from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786537.0 that come with a nazi name, newb account, poll with "ban monero" in it, insults and retarded shilling, isn't a troll that makes any normal human being hate whatever he's associated with without even having to go through any mental process.

And what about that one? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=778863.msg8778520#msg8778520

I could easily link you a dozen of threads that looks the same. And that are just the obvious ones. Moneroman88 is less obvious, you need a whole pack of five minutes to debunk him.

I absolutely agree with Ultros, if this is not 100% a fud campaign (perhaps paid even) to crash the price to benefit of the harm done and BCX clearly is involved in this, then I'd eat my hat
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 10:59:16 AM

Actually there is. There may also be people who simply enjoy the attention or are otherwise unbalanced who do it without any coordination (or who jump on the bandwagon, as you say in your later post), and that is true for every coin, but there is at least one if not more organized planned, and consistent campaign against Monero intended to disrupt its progress.

I guess the same could be said about monero-pro campaigns to elevate its status.

There might be pro-Monero campaigns, but there is no such campaign that is run by the Monero project or developers or affiliated with either in any way. Nor do we have any knowledge of such a campaign.

So no, the same can't be said, unless you have more knowledge on the matter than we do, which I doubt.

Moneroman88

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:00:31 AM

There might be pro-Monero campaigns, but there is no such campaign that is run by the Monero project or developers or affiliated with either in any way. Nor do we have any knowledge of such a campaign.

I really love rpietila's official campaign, it's perfect getting out the strong message that Monero is the best coin and it's ridiculous to ignore it or even FUD against it like the retard BCX just did.

The competition is obviously in desperate fear of Monero. Let them fear and laugh back! Haters gonna hate, can't destroy the best. Die trying!

Hotmetal

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:02:09 AM

So no, the same can't be said, unless you have more knowledge on the matter than we do, which I doubt.

Just because you have no knowledge of it, doesn't mean there isnt. Right?
Moneroman88

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:03:07 AM

Just because you have no knowledge of it, doesn't mean there isnt. Right?

The best campaign is rpietila official pro Monero campaign, it completely kills all the haters' newbie attempts at disrupting Monero's premium position. Makes me facepalm at all those paid shills and contra-Monero assholes around here that can't do shit against XMR.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:04:25 AM

I really love rpietila's official campaign, it's perfect getting out the strong message that Monero is the best coin and it's ridiculous to ignore it or even FUD against it like the retard BCX just did.

Just FYI rpietila is not affiliated with the project at all, and if he calls anything "official" it is official to him, not us.

He is an independent investor who decided on his own to invest in the coin (we were quite surprised by his decision I have to say) and now supports it, sometimes quite vocally.

Moneroman88

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:05:41 AM

Just FYI rpietila is not affiliated with the project at all, and if he calls anything "official" it is official to him, not us.

He is an independent investor who decided on his own to invest in the coin (we were quite surprised by his decision I have to say) and now supports it, sometimes quite vocally.

You're really disloyal to Risto now smooth, I find this a sad move of yours

We all know who he is
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:07:09 AM

The campaign "let's act as a retard supporter of XMR to actually discredit it" is still going on...

Moneroman88 is just kindly reminding us that there is an ignore button on this forum.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Hotmetal

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:13:07 AM

The campaign "let's act as a retard supporter of XMR to actually discredit it" is still going on...

Moneroman88 is just kindly reminding us that there is an ignore button on this forum.

Indeed. I clicked it, and it worked magic.
Hotmetal

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:14:00 AM

To say he is quite vocal would be the understatement of the year.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 01:34:35 PM

if you followed bcx closely for the last few years - you'd understand why.  mark my words - if he ever views monero or any other PoW as a threat to LTC god have mercy on it's soul.

Word! What has me concerned is the lack of any response from any the xmr team refuting this. Seems to me if not true they would debunk this asap.

Everytime BCX makes a post like this, the coin has huge troubles.  Just read his history.  It is funny that people with only a few posts "aren't scared" of him. 

"Ignorance is bliss" <-- oldest story in the book.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

joebob999

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:11:03 PM

That was a lot of good information.  So basically this guy has basically been the reaper for many a coin, but usually via raw power.  He hasn't said he was going to attack XMR (the exact opposite).  The worrisome thing is that he said he found an exploit in CN.  I am wondering if what he really means is "somebody showed him a fatal flaw".  The XMR trolls have pissed a lot of people off.  I can imagine another developer knows about a flaw and just hasn't done much but is considering it now.  Also, if somebody knew about a flaw and wanted to kill a coin but didn't have the resources themselves, then BCX is hands down the most obvious choice to contact.  He has destroyed so many coins; he apparently kind of likes it.  Even if I am wrong about this theory, I think there is something to what he is saying about flaws in the code.  He has a pretty bad ass reputation and apparently a high ego.  I am sure he would hate to get shamed and be wrong.   

I'm still digging... there was a lot to go over and BCX has deleted a lot of his posts, most of which contain evidence I would assume.

Apparently he has also repeatedly used the time travel exploit. What kind of difficulty adjustment algo does Monero use??? As I think that is how the time travel exploit is utilized.

It is possible I guess someone tipped him off to an exploit in CN. It would be interesting checking other CN's Githubs for recent commits.. maybe in this case, the one that is in the know would have fixed the exploit recently.

Isn't there a forum that duplicates everything from here so it's documented even if deleted?
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:15:47 PM

That was a lot of good information.  So basically this guy has basically been the reaper for many a coin, but usually via raw power.  He hasn't said he was going to attack XMR (the exact opposite).  The worrisome thing is that he said he found an exploit in CN.  I am wondering if what he really means is "somebody showed him a fatal flaw".  The XMR trolls have pissed a lot of people off.  I can imagine another developer knows about a flaw and just hasn't done much but is considering it now.  Also, if somebody knew about a flaw and wanted to kill a coin but didn't have the resources themselves, then BCX is hands down the most obvious choice to contact.  He has destroyed so many coins; he apparently kind of likes it.  Even if I am wrong about this theory, I think there is something to what he is saying about flaws in the code.  He has a pretty bad ass reputation and apparently a high ego.  I am sure he would hate to get shamed and be wrong.  

I'm still digging... there was a lot to go over and BCX has deleted a lot of his posts, most of which contain evidence I would assume.

Apparently he has also repeatedly used the time travel exploit. What kind of difficulty adjustment algo does Monero use??? As I think that is how the time travel exploit is utilized.

It is possible I guess someone tipped him off to an exploit in CN. It would be interesting checking other CN's Githubs for recent commits.. maybe in this case, the one that is in the know would have fixed the exploit recently.

Isn't there a forum that duplicates everything from here so it's documented even if deleted?

https://bitcointa.lk/
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 02:56:44 PM

*In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed. These exploits are why two top exchanges who have asked for my opinion have not added XMR.

*I could indeed exploit this coin if I wanted but I have no need or desire. Others will find exploits and others *will* exploit it. It's just the nature of the beast.

I'm still not making sense of this situation, these are my current scenarios about what is currently going on, am I close?

1-You're telling the truth about there being a fundamental flaw and don't want to tell the Monero core team because you want to see Monero fail, however, this leaves Monero open to attack and invites FUD, so you're essentially committing an economical attack on Monero, contradicting your statement that you won't attack Monero.

2-Your attack requires you to have between 20% - 50% of the hashrate to be successful, your FUD will mean the total network hashrate of Monero falls allowing such an attack to be more realistic.

3-You're simply lying, hence not telling the Monero team about the flaw.

4-You're telling the truth and have disclosed the flaw to the Monero core team.

Moneroman88

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:04:36 PM

*In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed. These exploits are why two top exchanges who have asked for my opinion have not added XMR.

*I could indeed exploit this coin if I wanted but I have no need or desire. Others will find exploits and others *will* exploit it. It's just the nature of the beast.

I'm still not making sense of this situation, these are my current scenarios about what is currently going on, am I close?

1-You're telling the truth about there being a fundamental flaw and don't want to tell the Monero core team because you want to see Monero fail, however, this leaves Monero open to attack and invites FUD, so you're essentially committing an economical attack on Monero, contradicting your statement that you won't attack Monero.

2-Your attack requires you to have between 20% - 50% of the hashrate to be successful, your FUD will mean the total network hashrate of Monero falls allowing such an attack to be more realistic.

3-You're simply lying, hence not telling the Monero team about the flaw.

4-You're telling the truth and have disclosed the flaw to the Monero core team.

you forgot

5-You're a fucking ego-retard wannabe-Terminator bitch who thinks she can make Monero fail with FUD and LIE, asshole
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: