Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:49:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 27598 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:06:14 PM

you forgot

5-You're a fucking ego-retard wannabe-Terminator bitch who thinks she can make Monero fail with FUD and LIE, asshole

Mate, you really need to log off and never log on again, something is wrong with you. Let me guess, you're on medication?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:13:25 PM

Mate, you really need to log off and never log on again, something is wrong with you. Let me guess, you're on medication?

No need to guess, he's trolling. Ignore button can help.
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:13:37 PM

This user is currently ignored.

Please everyone. Just do it.
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:31:48 PM

you forgot

5-You're a fucking ego-retard wannabe-Terminator bitch who thinks she can make Monero fail with FUD and LIE, asshole

I think he's actually OFF medication...hence the problem.  Wow.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:46:28 PM

moneroman is retarded, the fact that you are unwilling to accept that a fatal flaw could even exist is the entire reason no one will ever take you seriously.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
joebob999

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:48:36 PM

moving over 200,000 BTC to prove his point back in mid 2011. He is also well known to be in the top of all LTC holders. So I do not think any of it is financially motivated.

holy f***** shit
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:51:46 PM

moving over 200,000 BTC to prove his point back in mid 2011. He is also well known to be in the top of all LTC holders. So I do not think any of it is financially motivated.

holy f***** shit

I also herd someone ate a 10,000 BTC pizza.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:55:57 PM

holy f***** shit

so BCX had a net worth of 20 pizzas? (just playin)

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:01:03 PM

holy f***** shit

so BCX had a net worth of 20 pizzas? (just playin)

But that was "the" pizza.
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:00:32 PM

This user is currently ignored.

Please everyone. Just do it.
Yes. What a relief. Most annoying bastard I have even seen on this forum.
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:06:24 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 08:02:57 PM by TheFascistMind

In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed.

The bullshit part is in bold (well it's all bullshit). There may be an exploit in XMR that may work under some theoretical circumstances, but unless Ronald Rivest and Adi Shamir (the R & S from RSA cryptography) screwed up in a way that has not been detected by everyone in the field of cryptography, there is no need to sacrifice anonymity for "keyrings" (i.e. the ring signature system).

You are probably thinking of the Shamir transform which converts an interactive Zero Knowledge Proof (ZKP) into an non-interactive one (NIZKP) by employing a one-way cryptographic hash function. Or you are thinking of their separate invention of ring signatures.

That doesn't necessarily apply to CN's one-time ring signatures because these are a novel merging of NIZKP and ring-signatures to make them one-time use.

My wild guess without studying the math again in the CN whitepaper, is any exploit (if any) has something to do with finding collisions or preimages in the NIZKP that makes it possible to forge a one-time ring signature under certain conditions. I had intuitions to look at potential weaknesses such as this but didn't have time to pursue it. Afaik, CN's one-time ring signature invention was not vetted by significant cryptanalysis.

My question to smooth and other Monero developers is, "Has BCX revealed any exploit to any of you?", because the posts I've read from smooth seem to be wordsmithed in such a way as to avoid definitively answering that question.

P.S. I am AnonyMint.

rpietilla may not be part of the core team but he is heavily vested and has personal ties to someone that is.  As such he has access to insider information and is able to use that information to his advantage.  He might as well be considered part of the team.

Who is the person he has personal ties to?

Second, Most PoW zealots can't seem to see into the future like I (and a lot of other people.. the PoS crowd) can in regards to the inevitable centralization of PoW mining. No PoW algorithm can be ASIC proof.. it is not possible. Due to this and economies of scale, all forms of PoW mining will slowly go from decentralized to centralized as large mining conglomerates take over the block chain. The people with the most money to spend and the cheapest power will make all mom and pop miners unprofitable, and at that point they will stop investing/buying ASICs. Over time the block chain will become more and more centralized until it is so centralized that they can do many nefarious things, such as raise transaction fees on a whim by only including transactions into blocks that have X amount of fees, because they decide they are not making enough profit.

Third, once a PoW cryptocurrency exits its inflationary stage of the money supply distribution, it is possible that the transaction fees are not enough to compensate the miners and keep the blockchain secure.

True all the existing PoW coins suffer these. But it is possible to fix this. I will not tell you how though. Well actually I already told everyone but they can't wrap their mind around AnonyMint's posts, so nevermind.

BTW: AnonyMint hinted that a solution to centralized mining could be to somehow make mining always unprofitable, that way all mining comes from individual nodes contributing miniscule amounts of hashpower while their wallets are open.

Kudos to you sir.

BTW: AnonyMint hinted that a solution to centralized mining could be to somehow make mining always unprofitable, that way all mining comes from individual nodes contributing miniscule amounts of hashpower while their wallets are open.

This sounds like a clever idea, and I think it could work if the logistics were figured out.

One logistic was getting the PoW right. I first did a PoW in November 2013 which is essentially what CN ended up with independently, although mine was orders-of-magnitude faster by exploiting AVX2 which also provided botnet resistance. Then I realized fighting against ASICs was futile so I had to embrace them.

Anonymint is still around, although he may of dropped that idea.. I don't know. I do agree that is a good idea that needs more attention.. I haven't heard it before. I'm guessing it is hard to implement fairly and securely though, which would be the only thing holding it back. Yet, it could possibly be made to work.

I am trying to not to post. But since I decided to correct that misunderstanding about Rivest and Shamir's relevance to CN's one-time ring signatures, I might as well reply to these comments.

Agreed the details of widespread mining are difficult to achieve.

Edit: I am not often reading the forum any more (no time for it). I just happened to read this thread because I was looking at a particular user's latest posts for an unrelated reason and they had posted in this thread.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:20:13 PM

My question to smooth and other Monero developers is, "Has BCX revealed any exploit to any of you?", because the posts I've read from smooth seem to be wordsmithed in such a way as to avoid definitively answering that question.

No. You are reading into wordsmithing that doesn't exist.

rpietilla may not be part of the core team but he is heavily vested and has personal ties to someone that is.  As such he has access to insider information and is able to use that information to his advantage.  He might as well be considered part of the team.

Who is the person he has personal ties to?

I don't know what "personal ties" refers to exactly, but he certainly is friendly with several of the developers and I think David was going to be staying at his castle for a while. I'm not sure if that is still the plan, but regardless it has nothing to do with Risto's relationship to the project or (non) position in it.

But the part about "insider information" and "might as well be considered part of the team" is complete bullshit.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:28:34 PM

But the part about "insider information" and "might as well be considered part of the team" is complete bullshit.

I confirm. The core team is a fixed group of seven people, and they are not looking for new members.

There is/soon-will-be a separate group MEW, Monero Economy Workgroup, similar to foundation that some coins have. The group has tentatively 17 members, including me, and some but not all of the members of the core team.

As for inside information, MEW has a chat where Monero-specific news are quickly announced. If this sounds interesting to you, the membership of the group is open for all, as soon as we get some paperwork done.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:31:04 PM

Okay thanks for confirming.

So ball in is BCX's court now. I will be ignoring this until then, because there is nothing that can be done (to prove or disprove the allegation) short of you guys hiring some cryptanalysis.
illodin

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:41:03 PM

Maybe the original CN was a honeypot made by the FBI who fabricated the story of a 2 year old dark web coin so they could lure criminals and terrorists to use it. And now BCX's friend found one of their backdoors.
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:41:14 PM

I'm pretty sure the reason most alts launch as PoS (including PoW->PoS in that) is simply that it is much easier to monopolize more of the supply which means your return on investment of doing a pump-and-dump is much higher. With mined coins you can't really monopolize the mining and even when you do monopolize the early mining in some sort of instamine to get a lot of coins, it becomes much harder to pump the coin later because you have the natural sellers (miners) brining new coins onto the maket.

Concur on both points. But there is a technological paradigm to always drive the price higher for PoW. The first to launch such is going to rock the world. Whale or no whale doesn't matter.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:44:33 PM

Okay thanks for confirming.

So ball in is BCX's court now. I will be ignoring this until then, because there is nothing that can be done (to prove or disprove the allegation) short of you guys hiring some cryptanalysis.

That's already been done, although their work is not complete. If he found something it is something they didn't find on their first pass, which simply means it isn't obvious, not that it doesn't exist.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:45:10 PM

Maybe the original CN was a honeypot made by the FBI who fabricated the story of a 2 year old dark web coin so they could lure criminals and terrorists to use it. And now BCX's friend found one of their backdoors.

Maybe it was developed by extraterrestrials. I did read that after all. Is it true ?
illodin

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:48:08 PM

Maybe it was developed by extraterrestrials. I did read that after all. Is it true ?

Dunno, which do you think is more likely?
TheFascistMind

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:56:59 PM

BTW, I posted this idea earlier than the post I saw from AM that described it the way JM did. I don't know if AM got it from me

I had the idea since 2013. I had some posts in rpietila's earlier threads alluding to it. But I don't care who had the idea first. I care who is first to achieve it in a real coin. And put strong, scalable anonymity in it too.

The problem is, this tells you the goal but not how to get there, and even more importantly stay there. Remember, Bitcoin started with a miner in a wallet. Eventually mining become professionalized and the wallet miner was ripped out because no one used it. Although a wallet miner is pretty pointless with ASICs, the miner was ripped out earlier, during the GPU era. Another option could have been to add GPU support to it.

Getting the PoW correct was an essential requirement, but not sufficient by itself to get everyone to mine.

P.S. I edited my prior posts in this thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: