Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:30:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CKPOOL - Open source pool/proxy/passthrough/redirector/library in c for Linux  (Read 123934 times)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 10:23:41 PM

Tagged milestone M15. Numerous bugfixes and performance improvements to ckpool and significant feature upgrades to ckdb, too many to describe in detail.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iegservers

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:39:30 AM

Hello everyone.  I have read through this forum, and only have one question that I cannot seem to find the answer.  Does the ckpool code auto-pay the block finder from the address in the ckpool.conf, or is it a manual pay until "I" modify code to auto pay from that hard-coded address to the block finders address ?

Thank you!
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 12:58:45 AM

Hello everyone.  I have read through this forum, and only have one question that I cannot seem to find the answer.  Does the ckpool code auto-pay the block finder from the address in the ckpool.conf, or is it a manual pay until "I" modify code to auto pay from that hard-coded address to the block finders address ?
There is no payout management at all in the code. ckdb includes calculations for PPLNS payouts but does not perform the payouts or manage the wallet itself.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
iegservers

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:28:39 PM

There is no payout management at all in the code. ckdb includes calculations for PPLNS payouts but does not perform the payouts or manage the wallet itself.

Ok, thanks!

I have access to the wallet, so I will just manual pay, until I create a script to handle it.

iegservers

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:30:07 PM

Ok, thanks!

I have access to the wallet, so I will just manual pay, until I create a script to handle it.

Also, I do have one other issue that I do not see everone else having.  When I built CKPool with the CKDB flag, I got an error from postgrql saying Incorrect version, and the database was not created, therefore, I have no database!  Any ideas ?

Thanks!

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:08:36 PM

Ok, thanks!

Also, I do have one other issue that I do not see everone else having.  When I built CKPool with the CKDB flag, I got an error from postgrql saying Incorrect version, and the database was not created, therefore, I have no database!  Any ideas ?

Thanks!
... create the database ...

... and I'll add my usual comment about this:
If you need someone to tell you how to create a database and configure it and can't understand the sql/ directory then you shouldn't be running a pool.
I wont ever be supplying step by step hand holding instructions for setting up ckdb since what needs to be done there is mostly what someone who can run a pool should know how to do.

If you ask questions that show that you know what you are doing, you will get answers.
If you ask questions for hand holding, I'll ignore them.

If you are going to ask more than 1 or 2 questions, then visit IRC, since I'm also not going to spend pages posting answers here.

I'm not interested in helping someone setup a pool that is bad for the miners if the pool OP can't fully manage the pool.
We have enough scams in the community without me helping people screw over miners (intentionally or unintentionally) Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
PrivacyBTC

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:12:40 PM

Its up to you

You can answer simple questions or ignore, but setup a db is not easy and some users here like me can pay for setup db pool .

if you can do it with charge it will be a solution than ignoring us .
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:58:16 PM

I'm not interested in helping someone setup a pool that is bad for the miners if the pool OP can't fully manage the pool.
We have enough scams in the community without me helping people screw over miners (intentionally or unintentionally) Tongue

I like your style, kano.  Now if only we could do something about some of those pools that do have "bad code" (for lack of a better description) that lets miners do things that are bad for bitcoin...
PrivacyBTC

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:17:12 PM

Hi Con

I spent about 10 h last night to connect but its always Failed to connect socket

I tried
localhost:8332
localhost:3333
myserverip:3333
myserverip:8332
myserverip:80
url:3333

still Failed to connect socket
No bitcoinds Active !

Im running centos 6.6

Also I cant find
bitcoin.conf  file as you said in documet

CKPOOL configuration

At least one bitcoind (aka btcd) is mandatory in ckpool mode with the minimum requirements of server, rpcuser and rpcpassword set. If no btcd is set up in the configuration, ckpool will look for a running bitcoind on the local machine on the default port 8332 and the username "user" and password "pass" set up.

At the very least you will need the following lines in your bitcoin.conf file:

Code:

server=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:21:08 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 08:32:28 PM by Gws24

Bitcoind doesn't automatically create bitcoin.conf when you install it so you have to create one yourself. Make a new text file (with any text editor) and put in those lines. Then save it as bitoin.conf and put it in the bitcoin data directory.

Watch the extension of the file; it needs to be exactly bitcoin.conf and not for example bitcoin.conf.txt

edit: if your bitcoind is running on another pc then ckpool you'll have to put in 'rpcallowip=ip of ckpool pc' as well

edit: and for the port you might want to add 'rpcport=8332'. You can look at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Bitcoin.conf_Configuration_File for all the options
PrivacyBTC

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:52:46 PM

Thank you very much

I'm creating it now .

I really appreciate your reply.

Thanks
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:02:02 PM

server=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Be sure to use a secure rpc username and password, like the one Bitcoind generates.
PrivacyBTC

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:14:03 PM

Thanks Mikestang
iegservers

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 05:16:30 PM

Ok, thanks!

Thanks!
... create the database ...

... and I'll add my usual comment about this:
If you need someone to tell you how to create a database and configure it and can't understand the sql/ directory then you shouldn't be running a pool.
I wont ever be supplying step by step hand holding instructions for setting up ckdb since what needs to be done there is mostly what someone who can run a pool should know how to do.

If you ask questions that show that you know what you are doing, you will get answers.
If you ask questions for hand holding, I'll ignore them.

If you are going to ask more than 1 or 2 questions, then visit IRC, since I'm also not going to spend pages posting answers here.

Its already been taken care of.  It is now up and running.. btw.. love the Findshare&&EveroneDie! Smiley
kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:08:30 AM

Its already been taken care of.  It is now up and running.. btw.. love the Findshare&&EveroneDie! Smiley
Yeah all the main loops in all the threads, and the db loading at the start, check 'everyone_die'
It's a simple trigger to shut down in a tidy manner - once they all say they've finished, it then completes the (unnecessary) code shutdown of freeing all the ram and disconnecting.

There's a main loop that checks if 'everyone is dead' and reports every few seconds who isn't finished yet so you can see on shutdown if a thread has locked up for some unexpected reason, and which thread it is - and a Ctrl-C will simply kill it all then and there.
i.e. you can decide if it doesn't matter to hit Ctrl-C now and kill it during an unexpected shutdown failure
- rather than the code killing everything when you send a terminate message, and threads not having a chance to finish their current action

I do lots of updates to ckdb quite regularly - so if you want to stay up to date with it, it's best to idle in the #ckpool IRC to know when I make changes and ask if you need to know if there's any steps required with a change
e.g. the recent change to no longer storing sharesummaries in the permanent DB means you can:
 delete * from sharesummary; vacuum sharesummary;
since the leftover data in there is no longer needed

Watch out for disk space, the hourly logs can get big fast if you have a lot of shares coming in.
- also note you can compress the ckpool logs/ckdb2*.log files and the ckdb reload will still reload them, use any of: lrzip, bzip2 or gzip
... but don't compress the current one while it's still being written to or the hour in it's UTC name is current Smiley
all other log files can of course be compressed as and when you like since ckdb doesn't need to read them

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
tl121

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:00:44 PM

I have been running a bunch of S3+ to BTC Guild and solo.ckpool.  The other day I installed ckproxy to combine all my miners into one connection. This is working well, with essentially the same hash rate at the pools as before.  However, my individual miners are showing 10 - 13 % rejected shares and around 1% stales.  I am curious as to why I am getting these errors or if anyone else sees similar errors.

I am using standard configuration of ckproxy.  The miners are using August, 2014 firmware, with cgminer updated to 4.6.0.

jowo88

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 12:59:42 PM

Runing ckpool without ckdb on my vps one week,but every 2-3 hour showing error ,,

Code:
[2015-06-02 08:20:54] Failed to read socket line in json_rpc_call 
[2015-06-02 08:20:54] Reopening socket to 127.0.0.1:8332                                                           
[2015-06-02 08:20:54] Failed to get valid json response to getblocktemplate                                             
[2015-06-02 08:20:54] Failed to get block template from 127.0.0.1:8332                                                 
[2015-06-02 08:20:54] Killing server                                                                                   
[2015-06-02 08:20:54] Generator returned failure in update_base                                                       
[2015-06-02 08:20:57] Failed over to bitcoind:

My vps spec
Ram 4Gb swap 4 Gb
bitcoind version 0.10.1
kano
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:09:37 PM

You need more resources for bitcoind or protect it from the bitcoin network
It's god awful resource hungry and on occasions when you are getting spammed with transactions, it wont reply for quite a while.
I've spent a lot of time over the past 4 days dealing with bitcoin problems and making sure (in advance) that the 2 blocks my pool found over that time weren't orphans ...

jowo88

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 03:56:23 PM

You need more resources for bitcoind or protect it from the bitcoin network
It's god awful resource hungry and on occasions when you are getting spammed with transactions, it wont reply for quite a while.
I've spent a lot of time over the past 4 days dealing with bitcoin problems and making sure (in advance) that the 2 blocks my pool found over that time weren't orphans ...

Thank you for answer sir,,but on my control panel show like this
Code:
Memory Usage	
20% 836.71 MB of 4 GB Used / 3.18 GB Free
VSwap Usage
5% 193.13 MB of 4 GB Used / 3.81 GB Free

Peer connected above 40,so with my problems like that,it's safe for solo mining or not sir...last day i was sending 1200Th and seems no problem,,but when i check ckpool.log showing error  Grin
kano
Legendary

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 10:28:29 PM

You need to look at bitcoind not ckpool.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: