Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:37:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping)  (Read 107983 times)
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 06:14:19 PM

It you can't do this, then you need to find someone who can. Your lack of communication has pretty much destroyed AM's reputation in my opinion.

Well, I think you are right in so far as it did actually hurt AM's track record or reputation. But not nearly as much as other manufacturers or vendors suffered! The mere fact that they roll out this reimbursement plan show that they care about their customers and are in for the long run. They really do care about their honesty, it seems. I think it's a great sign.

SHILL!! ASICMiner is dead in my books, NEVER again. Phuck friedcat for designing this POS and then selling it to morons to man/dis. can you say ignore, just like Marto and Inaba deaf ears hear none of your future lies.

Welcome to my ignore list. 
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:54:42 PM

It you can't do this, then you need to find someone who can. Your lack of communication has pretty much destroyed AM's reputation in my opinion.

Well, I think you are right in so far as it did actually hurt AM's track record or reputation. But not nearly as much as other manufacturers or vendors suffered! The mere fact that they roll out this reimbursement plan show that they care about their customers and are in for the long run. They really do care about their honesty, it seems. I think it's a great sign.

SHILL!! ASICMiner is dead in my books, NEVER again. Phuck friedcat for designing this POS and then selling it to morons to man/dis. can you say ignore, just like Marto and Inaba deaf ears hear none of your future lies.
There was probably a reason they released reference designs and said they were stepping away from the manufacturing aspect. Then 3rd party support was pathetic and they had no choice but to try and release the hardware themselves since they were sitting on a ton of under spec chips.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 09:19:13 PM

There was probably a reason they released reference designs and said they were stepping away from the manufacturing aspect. Then 3rd party support was pathetic and they had no choice but to try and release the hardware themselves since they were sitting on a ton of under spec chips.

I think you are on the right track.  But since this was not their original plan they went cheap on the components and the build.  Trying to keep close to their original margin plan.  But it cost them in shitty miners.  They realize it now that they are building their own mining centers and have to deal with the same crap. See AMHash.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 11:17:33 PM

I have the same thing on the working unit I have.  It does it with the BE controller but does not on the RPi Minera controller.
They are very sensitive to temp as well.  When it gets below 40 degrees F in my mining room the boards will just stop hashing.
The String setup seems to be the culprit but I have not nailed it down yet.  When on the BE controller it will just act like a board or two has run out of power.  I have tried several PSUs and they does not change the behavior.

My unit keeps throwing up low hash warnings on ghash every few hours, and the controller resets after a while. Hash rate when its running is fine, all chips accounted for and chips temps never >90C or so externally. I've tried a known working controller and I've also tried @220 on the chips but no difference. Any ideas, I've not seen this type of behaviour before.

terrapinflyer

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:24:08 AM

I feel really lucky I guess I have one from the first Canary GB. I still have never had a single problem with mine running on a BBB hashing as advertised.

Sorry to all you guys who have had issues, honestly the only thing keeping me from getting more is all the horror stories I read here.
bits4glass

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:49:22 AM

Can anyone help me with the be controller? I have 4 units hooked to one the uart cable is in the right spot the switches are correct and when i go to the test page it shows all board are there and has the clean 000 but when i go to the stats page they do nothing. I've tried a few pools and checked the settings a few times to be sure. I have three controllers here and have tried each one. If i use cgminer they work but its spotty at best one second they are hashing away great then drop down and right back up till eventually between 10 minutes and 4 hours cgminer quits working and shuts down. Screws are tight on boards nothing missing. The temps are all well within reason. I start them in about 70 degree f. Each prisma has its own dps 2000 psu so plenty of power. I tried them all individualy with the same results. Ive tried everything i have read to look at but still being defeated. I have ten of these and can't even get one to stay hashing.
DigitalPackrat

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 05:00:04 AM

Well just got word, AM did not fulfill their promise of an entire prisma for compensation. They just sent raw boards to CrazyGuy (who has gone above and beyond to help everyone out).

So now I have nearly a month of downtime/reduced hashrate, more time to be spent cleaning up a heatsink with fire damage, bunch of money spent shipping to Hong Kong and from CrazyGuy to myelf and a broken promise for compensation. This is working out well.   Roll Eyes

novak@gekkoscience

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:12:10 PM

Can anyone help me with the be controller? I have 4 units hooked to one the uart cable is in the right spot the switches are correct and when i go to the test page it shows all board are there and has the clean 000 but when i go to the stats page they do nothing. I've tried a few pools and checked the settings a few times to be sure. I have three controllers here and have tried each one. If i use cgminer they work but its spotty at best one second they are hashing away great then drop down and right back up till eventually between 10 minutes and 4 hours cgminer quits working and shuts down. Screws are tight on boards nothing missing. The temps are all well within reason. I start them in about 70 degree f. Each prisma has its own dps 2000 psu so plenty of power. I tried them all individualy with the same results. Ive tried everything i have read to look at but still being defeated. I have ten of these and can't even get one to stay hashing.

I haven't seen prismas do particularly well on BE controllers.  If you're sure you are using a pool that works with BE controllers and that your network is fine, I'm honestly not certain.

As for cgminer crashing so frequently, that I have seen, it happens on windows when you use the customized cgminer 4.6.0 by ASICMiner.  Try building cgminer 4.7.1 or newer on linux. I have seen them do much better running off a Raspberry Pi, I think CrazyGuy has an image for the RPi which works well.

If you're playing around with stuff I recommend using only a single board at a time, because the prisma can be very picky.

--
novak
bits4glass

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 02:52:11 AM

Thanks for the tips novak. I am using a 4.7 build right now but guess i'll have to track down a rpi. This has been a bit of a frustrating intro to mining.
novak@gekkoscience

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 03:49:24 AM

Thanks for the tips novak. I am using a 4.7 build right now but guess i'll have to track down a rpi. This has been a bit of a frustrating intro to mining.

4.7?  Is that on linux or windows?  I was hoping that the bugs were just in that one cgminer version by ASICMiner.  I haven't run a prisma much off a desktop linux machine, but you ought to be able set up any linux machine in a manner not substantially different from an RPi, so you can test without investing more money or waiting.  If you don't have any linux machines just grab a liveCD or live USB stick for testing.

--
novak
tutorialevideo
Legendary

Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001

Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 08:01:50 AM

I am using the cgminer 4.8.0 compiled for linux works great, but the overcloack options dosen`t work.

Hosting Bitcoin and any mining gear in Europe/Romania.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5228685.msg53918147#msg53918147

For more info you can write me!
bits4glass

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:18:28 PM

I'm on windows right now i don't have a linux machine I tried a live boot debian usb but am having trouble with the secure boot crap on my pc.
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 07:10:55 AM

I'm on windows right now i don't have a linux machine I tried a live boot debian usb but am having trouble with the secure boot crap on my pc.

You can use virtual box, then install ubuntu  Smiley
I already test this on the past & they work great.
whonesta

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:05:34 PM

No Emails, No PM, No explanation on RMA. HEY FRIEDCAT or PHASEBIRD are you still alive or did the mass kill you yet?

Trying to RMA these POS fire hazards...
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8003

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:48:20 PM

That is f^cking awesome!
Go Asicminer!!

U R A POS, hang yourself you shill!

Wow!  How could I have missed this post? 
Asicminer is one of the best companies in the Bitcoin mining hardware business and I've dealt with many of them.
I get paid nothing for my views and have never been paid anything for my sig.  So I might be a POS but I'm not a shill.  I have a feeling your nature gets in the way of successfully dealing with your RMA.  Why don't you post the e-mails you have written to AM for RMA along with the details of your purchase and I'll try to help you out and direct them to where they should go.   
whonesta

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:14:41 PM

That is f^cking awesome!
Go Asicminer!!

U R A POS, hang yourself you shill!

Wow!  How could I have missed this post? 
Asicminer is one of the best companies in the Bitcoin mining hardware business and I've dealt with many of them.
I get paid nothing for my views and have never been paid anything for my sig.  So I might be a POS but I'm not a shill.  I have a feeling your nature gets in the way of successfully dealing with your RMA.  Why don't you post the e-mails you have written to AM for RMA along with the details of your purchase and I'll try to help you out and direct them to where they should go.   

I have dealt with them ALL since 2010, and AM is by far the WORST manufacturer I have dealt with. Oh yeah even BFL,  BFL stood behind their product and PAID FOR RETURNS and had a CLEAR RMA process. AM has gone to SH!T since the Turd(tube), it was a cluster fuck before but this is just dangerous. They need to stay with USB sticks, seems overheating chips is their forte.

Emailed sale@bitquan.com on

Oct. 07, 2014
Board is powered, connected with ribbons, and proper switch settings. Just up and DIED!
[Picture of Jet Stratum Miner screen shot]

Oct. 28, 2014
Okay well now I am at 4 failed boards so I can NOW "afford" to ship them back. Please advise as to the RMA process so I can get these turds, um boards replaced and this equipment sold out of my mine.

Dec. 3, 2014
Date of purchase = August 14th, 2014
BTC payment address = 1NNRhkL7yWRCZHTGsqbZEwsAezcSK5d7BL
# of Tube boards broken = 4
Received = August 25th, 2014
[Picture of Label]

BTC Wallet = 135Zy1kvWpNvUNUniGnGKv3JVLctvppMJF

PM'd

You sent it to the wrong address, UGH!

you shipped to 52720...  somewhere in IOWA...

Anyway thanks... MAYBE get it net week.

A second board has "fried" I have not been to DC yet to see what happened but she is out like a light.

Well after disassembling them, reversing the "handles", and adding another fan I have gotten the under performers to step up 10-15%. As for the burned up board, I am NOT going to pay $100+ to ship this card back, that is retarded. These heat mongers will barely ROI as it is to double the price would make that impossible. Here are the shipping quotes below;

Please advise...

Out of 40 boards 10 are severely under performing and I had 1 start on fire today.

Please Advise on how to RMA these defective/dangerous boards?
[NAME, ADDRESS, AND PHONE]

I ordered on 8/14/2014 to address 1NNRhkL7yWRCZHTGsqbZEwsAezcSK5d7BL for 9.7083 BTC

Any idea "when" they will ship?
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:34:23 PM

Friedcat and company you are all worthless pieces of scamming shit, I hope you get your taste of Karma and it hurts like a bitch. Fuck head scammers, how can you sleep at night!
pak13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 10:05:56 PM

It would be nice to see someone comment on all the recent posts of miners failing, the RMA policies and so on. Besides the Prisma, whilst the competitors have announced unofficially there upcoming products, I am curious to see what will replace the Prisma.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 10:57:24 PM

It would be nice to see someone comment on all the recent posts of miners failing, the RMA policies and so on. Besides the Prisma, whilst the competitors have announced unofficially there upcoming products, I am curious to see what will replace the Prisma.

LoL you really expect a reply from AM? They obviously do not care enough to reply to us. I hope when the gen 4 comes out people treat it like Avalon and just ignore it.
Phasebird

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 12:25:33 PM

Plz every buyer who want to returned purchase your Prisma  keeps paying attention to this thread:    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889147.0

we will start buying back all Prsima we have sold out immedietly once our EU/US receiving person are ready.  For china mainland buyers, plz simply contacted us through QQ:1327573930      . In addition, since this Prisma buy-back plan has no time limitation so far, please dont worry about time so much, we are going to refund you anyway.

PS: plz contact us through mail : sale@bitquan.com  ,since the BTT has already been blocked by china mainland .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: