Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Christian BS  (Read 12634 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:57:47 PM

Just give it up.
The religious retards dont know what evolution is and refuses to read up on it.

Refuse*

Damn, I hate it when people use the word "retard" to describe someone else with terrible grammar.

LOL !   Cheesy

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:41:42 PM

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/god-is-not-a-magician-pope-says-christians-should-believe-in-evolution-and-big-bang/

Looking for a signature campaign.
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 05:09:34 PM

Holy fuck, that's going to cause a shitstorm, especially amongst the Americans.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 05:14:41 PM

"The Method of Science, the Aim of Religion"
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1816
Merit: 2787

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 06:08:59 PM

I think the extreme versions of both Christians and Atheists are both a little odd. I can't understand the logic in either direction and usually find myself somewhere in between. Atheists like to point to the fact that Christians really don't know anything but what the Bible supposedly says happened and do so using Science as their weapon. "Real" Christians seem to think anyone not following the Bible word for word is a lost soul and needs to be saved using the Bible as their weapon.

Atheists believe their master, Science.
Christians believe their master, God.

I believe God(s) exists but I can't bring myself to believe, word for word, a collection of books & writings that has been compiled starting sometime  3,500 years ago (or however many years it is speculated) has somehow made it to modern times intact with the same information it was attempting to relay.... Let alone whether the information was even started off accurately or was passed between people multiple times before it was written into the book we call the Bible. I guess I don't have that much faith in us as humans?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:34:05 PM

The Pope should start obeying the God that he acts like he believes in.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:06:55 PM

I think the extreme versions of both Christians and Atheists are both a little odd. I can't understand the logic in either direction and usually find myself somewhere in between. Atheists like to point to the fact that Christians really don't know anything but what the Bible supposedly says happened and do so using Science as their weapon. "Real" Christians seem to think anyone not following the Bible word for word is a lost soul and needs to be saved using the Bible as their weapon.

I believe God(s) exists but I can't bring myself to believe, word for word, a collection of books & writings that has been compiled starting sometime  3,500 years ago (or however many years it is speculated) has somehow made it to modern times intact with the same information it was attempting to relay.... Let alone whether the information was even started off accurately or was passed between people multiple times before it was written into the book we call the Bible. I guess I don't have that much faith in us as humans?

There are several kinds of science. For example. There's a chemistry science where you throw a certain amount of known chemicals into a beaker, add some acid, and you get a reaction. This reaction is the same every time, simply because you control all the elements. Most Christians have NOTHING WHATSOEVER against this kind of science.

There is, also, a kind of science where you throw a bunch of chemicals into a beaker, add some acid, and you get a reaction. The difference with this process is, that there were a bunch of unidentified and unidentifiable chemicals already in the beaker. Since you knew there were a bunch of unidentified and unidentifiable chemicals already in the beaker, you did your science test behind a protective wall, mixing the chemicals with robotic arms, so you don't get hurt if the thing explodes.

This second kind of science is the kind that evolutionists and old-earth scientists do. The things they don't know about the mix in the beaker are all the things that they don't know about the past that might have happened. The wall these scientists hide behind is the wall of the little word "if" in their papers. They say, "IF things in the past were such and such, and so and so, then evolution happened like we think it did, and the earth is 13 to 14 billion years old."

The scientists are reasonably honest. They say it like it is. They say "IF." Even the universities that help them publish their papers are reasonably honest. But the governments, the politicians, the people who want to control society by building a big fat lie out of the scientific papers, are saying that the things that the scientists have discovered are "true, true, true." And the scientists and universities don't want to embarrass themselves (or lose their government subsidy) by countering what the politicians say, so they go along with it. And now we have a bunch of lies and potential lies published in the textbooks and encyclopedias all around the world.

If you want to believe what someone says, check your sources. It's a difficult thing to do with science, and impossible to do with the Bible (except in a general way). But, if you want to go to the trouble of seeing the truth in science, you ABSOLUTELY CAN with the scientific papers. Just don't become confused by all their mathematical mumbo jumbo, math that can be twisted every which way, often to prove things are mathematically true in directions that are opposite of each other... but we, the lay person will never know, because we don't understand higher math.

Consider, Big Bang, evolution, and chaos are still THEORIES, at their base, and in the pure scientific meaning of the word "theory." But because these and others are often touted as truth, they have become religion, with the politicians as "god," and the scientists and universities as high priest.

Let's get science back into the practical, and out of the stupid "daydreams," so that the engineers can build more gizmos and gadgets to help us in our way of life.

Smiley

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 01:08:53 PM

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts."
- Richard Feynman
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:00:20 PM

Christians are often confused with Catholics though. There are so much things about christianity that should be embraced by everyone (like many other religions), but catholicism adds nothing good to the society.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1816
Merit: 2787

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 03:06:23 PM

Is there a religion that resembles Buddhism that is ok with sex and alcohol?   I think that's where I would fit best  Undecided

EDIT: Scratch that - I'm not sure I fit in any religion  Sad     I feel like I should just create my own.

awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:17:22 PM

Is there a religion that resembles Buddhism that is ok with sex and alcohol?   I think that's where I would fit best  Undecided

EDIT: Scratch that - I'm not sure I fit in any religion  Sad     I feel like I should just create my own.

"Pick and choose Christianity", America's dominant religion would be your best bet

Account recovered 08-12-2019
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:13:53 PM

Bible Christianity is okay with alcohol... if it isn't used in amounts that harm a person by causing him to pass out... and if it doesn't impair his ability to make reasonably accurate moral decisions.

Bible Christianity encourages sex between a husband and wife, both so that children are given, and so that sexual relationships between partners who are not husband and wife are discouraged... because who needs it elsewhere if you have it at home.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:31:13 PM

Christians are often confused with Catholics though. There are so much things about christianity that should be embraced by everyone (like many other religions), but catholicism adds nothing good to the society.

This is true.

In Mexico, many Mexican people state that they are not Christians, but are Catholics. The fact that they are what they state, is part of the reason that they are coming up into the United States.

You see? The total, basic, underlying reason for Christianity, is the salvation of souls - the resurrection from death into a future life in the new heavens and new earth that God will create sometime in the future. A side benefit is good morality in this life.

Good Catholicism takes the focus off the salvation part, and makes good morality in this life to be the "outer" focus. Good U.S. Christianity keeps the focus where it should be, even though it often distracts from the good-morality-in-this-life part.

This is the reason that God is bringing so many Latinos up across the border, both from Cuba, and through Mexico from all of the Latin American countries. God would like to save a bunch of Latinos by correcting their focus on what is most important. And God would like to correct the morality of U.S. Christians by introducing them, again, to good morality.

Many U.S. Christians would disagree about my "good Catholicism" statement above. But the reason for their disagreement is that they have never seen what Catholicism is like in Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Latin America. Catholicism in the States has been incorporating the saving of souls into its base for a long time. The Catholic church doesn't care, as long as it gets its money and worship.

Smiley

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 05:12:05 AM

Quote from: Astro Theology
The word Church comes from the Greek Goddess of deception Circe, who lured men into her lair and transformed them into pigs. The word Amen used at the end of prayer by Christians, Muslims, Hindus and Jews comes from the Pharaoh Amenhotep and the Egyptian God AmenRa. Amen was known as “the hidden one” in Egyptian beliefs and could change into other Gods like Osiris and Set at will.

The origin of the word "church" is from kuriakon or kyriakon in Greek, but it is known in Scotland as "kirk," in Germany as "Kirche," and in the Netherlands as "kerk." It means a building (the house of Kurios, or house of the Lord), in which in 1 Corinthians 8:5 it says that there are many lords, in which the custom of the Pagans was the worship of Sun Gods and reverence of them as being Lords. So refering to the church as the house of the Lord, is not denoting what Lord, because the meaning never did, so the people today have no idea they referring to an idol god. The word Kirche is similar to the Hebrew word (kikkar) Rkk, meaning a disk or cicle thus meaning Sun Worship. The Sun was worshipped as Baal or Lord by a full circle of pagans, which is why pagans worshipped on the first day of the week, Sun-day, as those claiming to be christians are doing today unaware that they are actually pagans.

Another origin of the word Church is found in the Anglo Saxon root word Circe, which stems from the Greek name of the goddess "Circe", who was the daughter of the Sun God worshipped as "Christos Helios", from whom the name Christ is derived from who was a Roman Sun god. The proper Hebrew word is Aqhal (Ihq) which means Assembly, Company, Congregation, called out as an organized body. So as you can see by the etymology of the word "Church", it is clearly of Pagan origin, and has nothing to do with the Most High nor his people, but has everything to do with those who worship the Sun as god on Sun-day, in their Roman Pantheon known as a Church. See what most people in these religious institutions don't know is that, Roman Emperor Constantine The Great in 321 AD, legislated Sun-day as a day of rest dedicated to the Greek and Roman Sun-god, Helios. Constantine worshipped "Christos Helios" which means "Christ-The-True-Sun.

Church comes from the Anglo-Saxon root word "circe," and stems from the Greek name of the goddess "Circe," the daughter of "Helios," the Roman Sun-god adopted from Greek mythology. So today, these people in these religious institutions throughout the world, have been deceived into worshipping Helios in his daughter's name Church, and are really Pagans in every form shape and fashion. Most churches you see estaablished today, are State controlled 501-C (3) Corporations. A Church that is formed under the permission of the State and thereby accepts State offered benefits for doing so, is no longer under the "headship" of Messiah, but has instead placed it's self under the sole authority of the State. A 501-C (3) Church or any Church formed by State permission under any "Corporate form" will no longer be permitted to discuss the affairs that may counter or oppose the rules or laws established by the State, for they are at the complete mercy of the State in all matters. This is why you will never see your TD Snakes, and Eddie Money Long, and Creflo Got Your Dollar or Create A Flow Dollar, Joel Oscheme, ever speak out agains't the government, because they have signed their soul over to the State.

Acts 5:29 states - Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. So if the Most High as he has done with everyone of his servants the prophets, and his Son, move on them to prophesy against the nation and governments of the earth, these religious sold out State flunkies, have to disobey the Most High and obey man who pays their salary, or else be dealt with by the State and then Jewish Elite who controls the American government. The Son of Man and his disciples went to the people to teach, they didn't have no church setup for the people to come and hear them to get knowledge, the Pharisees and the hypocrites had churches, aka temples and synagogues. The Son of Man and his disciples were in the streets were the sick and blind and lepers were, in the streets is where the word of the Most High is needed, not in some Pagan temple.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:09:03 PM

Quote from: Astro Theology
The word Church comes from the Greek Goddess of deception Circe, who lured men into her lair and transformed them into pigs. The word Amen used at the end of prayer by Christians, Muslims, Hindus and Jews comes from the Pharaoh Amenhotep and the Egyptian God AmenRa. Amen was known as “the hidden one” in Egyptian beliefs and could change into other Gods like Osiris and Set at will.

The origin of the word "church" is from kuriakon or kyriakon in Greek, but it is known in Scotland as "kirk," in Germany as "Kirche," and in the Netherlands as "kerk." It means a building (the house of Kurios, or house of the Lord), in which in 1 Corinthians 8:5 it says that there are many lords, in which the custom of the Pagans was the worship of Sun Gods and reverence of them as being Lords. So refering to the church as the house of the Lord, is not denoting what Lord, because the meaning never did, so the people today have no idea they referring to an idol god. The word Kirche is similar to the Hebrew word (kikkar) Rkk, meaning a disk or cicle thus meaning Sun Worship. The Sun was worshipped as Baal or Lord by a full circle of pagans, which is why pagans worshipped on the first day of the week, Sun-day, as those claiming to be christians are doing today unaware that they are actually pagans.

Another origin of the word Church is found in the Anglo Saxon root word Circe, which stems from the Greek name of the goddess "Circe", who was the daughter of the Sun God worshipped as "Christos Helios", from whom the name Christ is derived from who was a Roman Sun god. The proper Hebrew word is Aqhal (Ihq) which means Assembly, Company, Congregation, called out as an organized body. So as you can see by the etymology of the word "Church", it is clearly of Pagan origin, and has nothing to do with the Most High nor his people, but has everything to do with those who worship the Sun as god on Sun-day, in their Roman Pantheon known as a Church. See what most people in these religious institutions don't know is that, Roman Emperor Constantine The Great in 321 AD, legislated Sun-day as a day of rest dedicated to the Greek and Roman Sun-god, Helios. Constantine worshipped "Christos Helios" which means "Christ-The-True-Sun.

Church comes from the Anglo-Saxon root word "circe," and stems from the Greek name of the goddess "Circe," the daughter of "Helios," the Roman Sun-god adopted from Greek mythology. So today, these people in these religious institutions throughout the world, have been deceived into worshipping Helios in his daughter's name Church, and are really Pagans in every form shape and fashion. Most churches you see estaablished today, are State controlled 501-C (3) Corporations. A Church that is formed under the permission of the State and thereby accepts State offered benefits for doing so, is no longer under the "headship" of Messiah, but has instead placed it's self under the sole authority of the State. A 501-C (3) Church or any Church formed by State permission under any "Corporate form" will no longer be permitted to discuss the affairs that may counter or oppose the rules or laws established by the State, for they are at the complete mercy of the State in all matters. This is why you will never see your TD Snakes, and Eddie Money Long, and Creflo Got Your Dollar or Create A Flow Dollar, Joel Oscheme, ever speak out agains't the government, because they have signed their soul over to the State.

Acts 5:29 states - Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men. So if the Most High as he has done with everyone of his servants the prophets, and his Son, move on them to prophesy against the nation and governments of the earth, these religious sold out State flunkies, have to disobey the Most High and obey man who pays their salary, or else be dealt with by the State and then Jewish Elite who controls the American government. The Son of Man and his disciples went to the people to teach, they didn't have no church setup for the people to come and hear them to get knowledge, the Pharisees and the hypocrites had churches, aka temples and synagogues. The Son of Man and his disciples were in the streets were the sick and blind and lepers were, in the streets is where the word of the Most High is needed, not in some Pagan temple.

The word "church" has taken on new meaning among the people of today. In fact, those who use that word, use it as it pertains to their own usage.

It might be nice to understand where the word came from, historically. But historical meanings are often very different from present meanings.

In the case of law, however, where government people take an oath to uphold the Constitution, they MUST take on the meanings of the words as they were at the time of the creation of the Constitution... while they are doing the duties of their governmental office, that is. Why? Because of the oath to uphold. This is why it is extremely difficult to understand what goes on in court. They are speaking a different language than we are, even though it appears similar in many ways.

Smiley

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 02:37:53 PM

The seeding/original intention of an institution, I think, has a pervading effect upon its future. Just an opinion though. The point is not to be ruled by man, but by God, and churches (rather, church leaders) can blur the lines between the two in a way that we might fall prey be to like a god personified, which to me is different than us personifying God through our beings.

"As above, so below" concept, etc.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:39:52 AM

The seeding/original intention of an institution, I think, has a pervading effect upon its future. Just an opinion though. The point is not to be ruled by man, but by God, and churches (rather, church leaders) can blur the lines between the two in a way that we might fall prey be to like a god personified, which to me is different than us personifying God through our beings.

The Old Testament tells us that God doesn't change. The New Testament tells us that Jesus doesn't change, and that He is God along with His Father. The New Testament also tells us that we are found in Jesus, and He in God. So, when you put this together, we have been around forever, in Jesus. This is part of the reason that God allowed the world to exist after sin had been found in it. God is giving us the chance to remain in Jesus. Many folks have used their God-power to remove themselves from God, through their denial of Him, thereby causing their own destruction.

God is simplicity, yet God is complexity at the same time. Explaining how and why the above fits together won't be easy. Perhaps it isn't entirely possible for us in our human condition to explain.

Smiley

vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 07:04:09 PM

I can dig that Smiley
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 04:00:36 PM

The Old Testament tells us that God doesn't change. The New Testament tells us that Jesus doesn't change, and that He is God along with His Father. The New Testament also tells us that we are found in Jesus, and He in God. So, when you put this together, we have been around forever, in Jesus. This is part of the reason that God allowed the world to exist after sin had been found in it. God is giving us the chance to remain in Jesus. Many folks have used their God-power to remove themselves from God, through their denial of Him, thereby causing their own destruction.

God is simplicity, yet God is complexity at the same time. Explaining how and why the above fits together won't be easy. Perhaps it isn't entirely possible for us in our human condition to explain.

Smiley

I can dig that Smiley

But I still hold reservations. Yes we are derivatives of God/Jesus and that might've been Jesus's, et al.'s mission here for us to understand that, and though anyone can serve as the One for us at any point, my reservation is because each man is inherently at at different personal points on the Way, as such, you can never reliably know if what they say in as immediately true relative to your reality/way, whereas with things that simply are, you can depend on its Truthfulness at any time.

It's like playing telephone to me, I guess. I can get it from some guy and hope that his interpretation however far down the chain, it still has the original message not too obfuscated, or I can look for my Truth, myself. It's like when I hear something from another man, I dedicate mental faculty towards the whys he says what he says to understand where he's coming from, and only then can I get closer to Truth, whereas if I don't and just take it on authority/whatever cognitive bias, reality distortion can set in. I do understand that sooner or later people might come out from that "better", but it's easy not to get so sidetracked if you remember your own Way. In other words, being around another person enough, inevitably they'll say something faulty, and if you're not aware, it's easy that that faultiness can propagate and start more cycles/lessons on Truth we have to learn.

I hope I got my dilemma out understandably enough. I think there's a difference in the follower who takes what a man says as 100% true versus a follower that listens and tries to resolve that into his own Truthful paradigm.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 07:40:00 AM

That's not what the difference is. Atheists only believe in evidence and reason, and simply don't believe in things that don't have evidence, instead choosing to be skeptical.
Christians are skeptical about one less thing then atheists are, believing in a rather major concept without any reason or evidence behind it, while still being skeptical of the hundreds of other beliefs.

So, it's not about what each group believes in, it's about the level of skepticism each group has.

Also, BADecker doesn't have a clue about what science is or how it is done. Which is unsurprising considering his own beliefs.

P.S. I'm really loving and enjoying my own removed-from-god life, where I'm denying him and causing my own destruction. Nice house, great job, loving family, awesom friends, no stresses, fights, or drama, and a lot of fun, travel, adventure, and sense of accomplishment. Godless life is great Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: