Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:37:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] B's A More Ethical & Trustworthy Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide  (Read 29113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 04:20:39 AM

Especially because a lot of customers are, themselves, no-brainers.

If you want to 'blame' the under-educated consumer then why build and market products for under-educated consumers? (Not directed at you personally or your company sidehack).

It makes economic sense for a larger company to simply remove 80% of the problems and deal with only 10 to 20% of the people that have the resources. Same pattern in most businesses really. Customers are being fired continuously as you see some services and goods are sold only to those who provide the best returns for companies.  

Is the hardware for mining too technically advanced to sell to the general population?

Possibly right now it still is.

Anyone out there going to change it?

Probably.

Should companies educate consumers better than they are currently?

Always.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 05:39:09 AM

Yeah, you see us designing stuff specifically to educate. I don't really blame under-educated consumers nearly as much as I do lazy consumers - the guys for whom answers are readily available if they'd take the 30 seconds to look for them instead of crying for help on everything. People who appear stupid sometimes genuinely are, but for most people being stupid is a willing act they've been allowed to continue. I'm constantly annoyed by stupid customers but we sell to 'em anyway. Then we hand them enough resources to solve 90% of their problems themselves if they wanted to not be lazy and that's it. But not everyone can get away with that, especially with diverse and complex product lines.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:02:49 AM

Agree 100% with that assessment.

Most people that are intrinsically motivated will be able solve most if not all of their "hardware" issues barring any real product failure. RTFMYSA. This very Hardware section is riddled with 50% of that.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 09:53:21 PM

CK makes a point of slamming SFARDS for a single thread but does little or nothing for Avalon / Bitmain being non-hardware threads for the most part.
Their thread became a competition thread. Support threads are still about hardware as I already explained.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:05:52 PM

Why integrity matters or why people will buy from GekkoScience once they are ready to sell even if it isn't really economically viable to buy small units for home use.

Home mining might be dead. There maybe no real reason to buy anything for the home market but that won't stop Novak and Sidehack. If you are still really looking to support something good before home mining eventual dies a slow agonizing death. Then please check out these guys. They have a modest plan, a singular vision and skills to make it happen and they are doing it with their own cash.

What I meant was, BFL kept getting sales a year after the whole world should have known not to trust them because of their marketing team. Their ads were very visible and any n00b looking for a miner would probably find their stuff first. Of course if you followed up on literally any claim they pushed about their product line you'd find it was an outright lie, and I'm still impressed they weren't called to account on that a lot sooner. But the only advertising we've ever done for anything we've ever made was posting here on the forums. No SEO optimization, no banner ads, just building stuff that doesn't suck and trusting the numbers to speak for themselves (and also satisfied customers, that helped too). I've done exactly zero advertising for our miner line as well. I've mentioned it to a few people when they ask me what I'm up to, and then this forum thread. That's it.

Also, I recall a study someone did where they interviewed a bunch of people entering the job market and asked why they went into their respective fields - because it was fun and interesting, or because they sought wealth. 20 years later they tracked down the same people and measured their financial successes. Of the original sample, I believe there were 300 millionaires in the group; of them, 299 went into their jobs based on a genuine interest and only one because it was a path to riches. I like those numbers. Tells you a lot about human nature - you're a heck of a lot more likely to be successful if you enjoy what you're doing than if you're doing it specifically to be successful. Novak and I are both pretty much constantly broke, but we're definitely enjoying the work. I'm hoping that, between his project and mine (these miners), we can start snowballing bigger, but what matters most (beyond "being able to pay the bills") is that we keep being entertained by the job - and that we don't compromise quality or integrity for the sake of short-term profits. With what we want to do, there's literally no good reason to go down that road.

Also, we've got about a dozen old S1s running around already. Thanks though. I wouldn't turn down more smoked-out S5... heh heh...

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:25:27 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 01:26:33 PM by Bicknellski

Why were Loshia and Dogie such big supporters of Technobit.eu given the substantial evidence of fraud from the company very very early on?

Why do they still constantly harass me in these forums and this thread?

Is it because I called them out on supporting Martin and they were part of the fraud?

Maybe just maybe they should ADMIT they were wrong or accept they were part of the scam before this gets worse?

I hate to say it but I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I bloody told you so!  Angry

ive been waiting since 2015-02-17 for a HEX4RBox

sent 3 emails now to them and not a single reply and 3 dates have passed on there site for shipping and yet no box or even a reply to my emails

good ive pay for them via paypal
going to give them 2 more weeks and still if no box or at the very least a email will report them for fraud as there selling goods i don't even believe they have  

if your reading this TECHNOBIT my order is FUCVIKLCA
i suggest you get back to me asap
I'm waiting from 2014-12-21, and I don't get my money......
Looks like Martin Sirakov aka Technomachinex/Technobit from Sofia ran off with the money, that is $565,000 in bitcoin alone, plus a yet unknown amount in cash/bank/credit card payments. Has anyone contacted their banking or credit card company yet and reported fraud? I can't believe the inertnes of some on this matter while Martin Sirakov is laughing all the way to the bank. Time to address Bulgaria's justice authorities on this matter, this guy belongs in prison.

jekecoin

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 03:33:03 AM

Why were Loshia and Dogie such big supporters of Technobit.eu given the substantial evidence of fraud from the company very very early on?

Is it because I called them out on supporting Martin and they were part of the fraud?

Maybe just maybe they should ADMIT they were wrong or accept they were part of the scam before this gets worse?

I hate to say it but I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I bloody told you so!  Angry

sent 3 emails now to them and not a single reply and 3 dates have passed on there site for shipping and yet no box or even a reply to my emails

going to give them 2 more weeks and still if no box or at the very least a email will report them for fraud as there selling goods i don't even believe they have  

Looks like Martin Sirakov aka Technomachinex/Technobit from Sofia ran off with the money, that is $565,000 in bitcoin alone, plus a yet unknown amount in cash/bank/credit card payments. Has anyone contacted their banking or credit card company yet and reported fraud? I can't believe the inertnes of some on this matter while Martin Sirakov is laughing all the way to the bank. Time to address Bulgaria's justice authorities on this matter, this guy belongs in prison.

And I maybe never get my money back Sad

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:54:10 AM

I am so sorry jekecoin there were too many mix signals sent out from this community on these scammers and it is a shame considering how much clear evidence there was that this would happen.

And I maybe never get my money back Sad

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 04:57:01 AM

Sidehack and Novak moving forward on the BM1384 Project. We all hopeful they will rescue the home user market.

Good Job Gents thanks for all the effort the community is behind you.

We as a community should, when asked and when they are ready to deliver product, help support this effort. Save a few coins everyone to help push this project forward or purchase PSU's from them at their product page here gekkoscience.com to keep them moving forward. Home mining might not be currently profitable but it might be worth the effort to keep home mining alive if it supports local builders like this. They are the real deal attempting to keep all production at the local level supporting their community in the US which is a great idea and something that should be supported.

If everything's working proper it should level out around 16.5GH. I don't have remote access to the stats page (shifted it off the VPN-capable subnet so Novak could play with the code more readily) to verify it right now, but I am admittedly disappointed in the 3-hour average currently presented. It's been running at speed for right around 4 hours. Of course, 16GH on a min-diff 128 makes for some pretty gnarley variance. The 12-hour should look much better.

Hopefully tomorrow early I can get the string L working, swap a fresh chip on and get the 3.3V RX back up. If it ends up working like I'm pretty sure it should, all I need to do after that is iron out the Compac regulator noise issue, get some solid numbers on minimum node-level capacitance to maintain balance during a two-chip initialization (testing so far indicates it's somewhere between 200 and 2000uF) and lay into some PCB redesigns. Heck, if the Compac gets to working, the Amita should be a single revision because the chip extension is pretty trivial compared to the friggin' month I've lost to regulator issues.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:12:16 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 07:22:23 AM by Bicknellski

BFL in the final death throws they are finally circling the drain. It is over. Thank his noodly appendage it is over!

As BFL stops paying their employees it is all but over for this scam outfit and those who would remain would be what, brainwashed?

Bets on if Bruce remains in KC?

BFL is over. I just got a call while being on vacation that no one will be getting paid to work there any more, so anyone stupid enough to workwithout pay will still be there. I'm going to miss my best bud Bruce Peterson, who showed me the ropes on how to make heat without light and watch the satoshis flow. And for the love of Satoshi wash your ass prick.

If anyone is truly interested in making sure they don't see another scamming day hurry up and call Capital One to let them know that they'd be making one of the biggest mistakes trying to salvage that snakepit.

Rock on

edited for typo...

I can confirm this as my sources say the same thing. Everyone was sent home and the only people still working there will be without pay from what I was told. They're still trying to salvage the Capital One deal, but I personally doubt that will happen.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:21:37 AM

BFL in the final death throws is finally circling the drain. It is over. Thank his noodly appendage it is over!

As BFL stops paying their employees it is all but over for this scam outfit and those who would remain would be what, brainwashed?

Bets on if Bruce remains in KC?

BFL is over. I just got a call while being on vacation that no one will be getting paid to work there any more, so anyone stupid enough to workwithout pay will still be there. I'm going to miss my best bud Bruce Peterson, who showed me the ropes on how to make heat without light and watch the satoshis flow. And for the love of Satoshi wash your ass prick.

If anyone is truly interested in making sure they don't see another scamming day hurry up and call Capital One to let them know that they'd be making one of the biggest mistakes trying to salvage that snakepit.

Rock on

edited for typo...

I can confirm this as my sources say the same thing. Everyone was sent home and the only people still working there will be without pay from what I was told. They're still trying to salvage the Capital One deal, but I personally doubt that will happen.

stuff will get dumped on ebay .it seems a lot of monarchs imho.....so if not the refunded stuff ...likely going out the back door of BFL imho...

i suspect we will a mass of 'immigration' of BFL folk to countries that don't allow extradition on white color crime etc.....from running afoul of the FTC and likely IRS...here soon.....if it was me it would 'have btc will travel".....feet do your stuff!

will really piss me off if that happened and then Josh and company got on here and 'crowed' about all the hidden BTC on the usb's they got on this 'scam'

don't really believe the above...but just like to scare myself...shudder

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 07:34:23 AM

Imagine an alternate universe where angry customers of a company like Butterfly hunted down the people who ran the scam and wired their brains to permanently mine bitcoin using similar tactics from the movie Seven to keep them alive and mining as long as possible , no matter how low the hash rate just to teach other people a lesson what happens in the universe when you promise to deliver bitcoin mining equipment and you rip your customers off instead with help from jacked publications like Wired magazine who wrote articles stating they were using one of your units.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:51:36 AM

Imagine an alternate universe where angry customers of a company like Butterfly hunted down the people who ran the scam and wired their brains to permanently mine bitcoin using similar tactics from the movie Seven to keep them alive and mining as long as possible , no matter how low the hash rate just to teach other people a lesson what happens in the universe when you promise to deliver bitcoin mining equipment and you rip your customers off instead with help from jacked publications like Wired magazine who wrote articles stating they were using one of your units.

Jail time and paying back customers is fine the futuristic fictional penalties are great and all but let us be rooted in 2016/17. When Sonny will be seeing jail time.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:33:26 AM

Well,they at least they left their mark on the internet for all eternity  Cheesy

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BFL

One can only hope Sonny & Josh don't pop up with another scam  Roll Eyes

Good bye BFL!!!! It's about freakin time!!!!  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:31:00 AM

Is anything worth buying? Not if ROI is something you crave or desire.

Have Bitmain any plans on lowering S5 (and maybe shipping?) price?  Roll Eyes
I'm not really surprised they've held firm at the $340 price for so long - They are the only game in town at present, and can charge whatever they want for their products.

I not a fan of such arrogant behaviour.

As a result, for the last few months, I've been taking advantage of the low BTC/USD pricing, and every time I think about buying another miner, I just buy 1BTC instead on Coinbase and think to myself "Now wasn't that easier and more cost-effective ?"

Given the current price of ~$235 USD/BTC, it doesn't make any financial sense purchasing miners at their current pricing. An S5 priced at $340 is presently looking @ ~1year of runtime for ROI, excluding electrical and power supply costs.

It doesn't make any sense at all to buy Bitmain products, presently - A ROI will be difficult and uncertain.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:15:44 AM

Well,they at least they left their mark on the internet for all eternity  Cheesy

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=BFL

One can only hope Sonny & Josh don't pop up with another scam  Roll Eyes

Good bye BFL!!!! It's about freakin time!!!!  Cool

heh .......this is probably true (delete if OP deems this too off topic)

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-mining-figure-joshua-zipkin-responsible-bitcointalk-hack/

megalomania is its own reward it seems.....always charging windmills and damn the consequences.......(may have to cut him some slick due to mental illness if true)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:04:02 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2015, 04:19:27 AM by Bicknellski

Why do people insist on attacking those who report ethical failures of fabricators or their agents?

The idea is to discredit those who would report those who are trying to scam or shill for a company without any basis in fact for that support.

The goal as always is to discredit anyone that might call out a business on any number of scams. Loshia/Marto/Dogie/Inaba/BCP19/Slok and a small band of others are clearly of this ilk.

What is important is for those who wish to have a CLEAN and ETHICAL forum to work closely together and rid the community of such fly by night operations.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 10:46:03 AM

I was wondering has anyone noticed a pattern with all the dogie threads in hardware?

Can someone review them and let me know what you think and post your thoughts here?

I hope I am not the only one seeing this.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:36:51 AM

Cointerra taking more hits and screwing the pooch yet again!

The mess that some of these companies have made is really staggering. Is it bitcoin or is just amateur hour for most of the mining manufacturing companies?

How many now have screwed the pooch so badly that they have stained mining bitcoin permanently?

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/bad-week-for-bitcoin-miners-c7-data-centers-sues-cointerra-for-5-4-million-in-damages/28666

Code:
UPDATED: 4:19 p.m. EST 1/13/2015 with CoinTerra statement.

NEW YORK (InsideBitcoins) — With the price of bitcoin suffering, it is apparently
not a good time to be a bitcoin miner right now, with CEX.io having to pause its
cloud mining, and now CoinTerra being sued by a data center operator.

The Utah data center, C7 Data Centers, is suing Austin-based CoinTerra for
$5.4 million in damages due to an alleged breach of contract and purported
$1.4 million in unpaid services. According to the document, CoinTerra and
C7 signed an 18-month agreement back in April to provide and manage a
spot within the data center and provide all of its hosting services.

In the law suit, C7 Data Centers said:

“In order to provide services to Cointerra, C7 has requested and obtained
power from Rocky Mountain Power at costs exceeding $12,000.00 per day.
In addition, in order to provide services to CoinTerra, C7 incurred substantial
initial costs and refused services to other potential customers in order to
accommodate CoinTerra’s needs.”

Cointerra's reply:

Code:
In a statement provided to Inside Bitcoins, CoinTerra said:

“CoinTerra, Inc. disputes the allegations in the complaint filed
by C7 Data Centers, Inc. (“C7”) in Utah State court. CoinTerra
has recently retained local counsel to address this dispute. 
Moreover, CoinTerra has filed a counterclaim against C7 in
Federal Court in the District of Utah. CoinTerra intends to
vigorously prosecute its claims against C7 while defending
the claims levied by C7. Yet, CoinTerra is hopeful that the
parties can resolve this matter quickly.”

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:48:08 AM

SFRADS one step closer to it's 'first' miner.

Interesting to see that some samples have made it out to the general public at large. Is it too little too late for this new company? Time will tell.

DHL was fast.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: