Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:04:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (XWC) | WhiteCoin | NEWS: Foundation, investors, WhiteOS ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 251179 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dev0tion

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:18:27 AM

bittrex already stopped accepting coins?

says last block update 35 mins?

is this correct because it does not look right to me?

Are you guys rebranding at the same time or keeping with whitecoin? may be good to rename it at the same time. The colour coins thing is gone now and even blackcoin is reduced to a shadow of its former self.

A rename could also garner some new attention and a new thread.

If you do it at the same time and the swap bittrex may do it for free otherwise there is a fee i believe.

No they are still running the old chain and will do so un till the swap has been completed.
Bittrex is currently at the same block as the explorer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neoxxx

Activity: 351

Source of knowledge is experience. A.E.

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:10:45 AM

News/Update:

Hello Whitecoiners,
as we have written in January, we are proud to announce the coin-swap to the
new Whitecoin source code with the latest standards.

The coin swap will be done at February the 13. through Bittrex.
It is a 1:1 coin swap.

So please transfer all your XWC to your Bittrex account as soon as possible.
Bittrex will turn the wallet off on Monday, run audits etc. and bring the new wallet online 24-48 hours later.

We are also planning an additional manual coin swap, if someone is missing the coin swap at Bittrex.
Details about the procedure for the manual coin swap after the 13. February will be announced soon.

If you have some questions, feel free to contact us here or at slack:
https://xwcslack.herokuapp.com/

Best regards
Banger

Where a can read more info to new blockchain and
development strategy? Huh

We need more time to sync and transfert all to bittrex.
The wallet is too slowly to accomplis this in few days from your post..
Oizopower

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:09:12 AM

I have uploaded a new instant sync blockchain, for the regular wallet. This one is synced as of this morning.

https://github.com/Whitecoin-org/xwc-blockchain/releases

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
blitzkitten

Activity: 483

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:17:51 AM

I have uploaded a new instant sync blockchain, for the regular wallet. This one is synced as of this morning.

Can't beat that can you!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:14:37 AM

thanks that's cool Smiley

dev0tion

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:36:17 AM

News/Update:

Hello Whitecoiners,
as we have written in January, we are proud to announce the coin-swap to the
new Whitecoin source code with the latest standards.

The coin swap will be done at February the 13. through Bittrex.
It is a 1:1 coin swap.

So please transfer all your XWC to your Bittrex account as soon as possible.
Bittrex will turn the wallet off on Monday, run audits etc. and bring the new wallet online 24-48 hours later.

We are also planning an additional manual coin swap, if someone is missing the coin swap at Bittrex.
Details about the procedure for the manual coin swap after the 13. February will be announced soon.

If you have some questions, feel free to contact us here or at slack:
https://xwcslack.herokuapp.com/

Best regards
Banger

Where a can read more info to new blockchain and
development strategy? Huh

We need more time to sync and transfert all to bittrex.
The wallet is too slowly to accomplis this in few days from your post..

Use this and you will be synced very fast:

dev0tion

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 11:23:08 AM

When launching a new blockchain the team had the opportunity to change some of the specifications of the Whitecoin blockchain.
Due to the nature of PoSv1 that the old chain was operating on, a lot of new Whitecoins were created daily.
The current members of the Whitecoin Foundation discussed the specifications and came to the conclusion that the current inflation rate was way too high.

The new chain is based on Blackcoin PoS V3 and the Foundation has come to a consensus on the following specifications:
- The genesis block was 313 000 000 XWC to make sure we can swap all funds. Unswapped coins after date x (TBA) will be burned.
- Block time target: 60 seconds
- PoS reward per block: 2 XWC
- Minimum Stake Confirmations and Coinbase Maturity: 120 blocks

The source will be available shortly.

Make sure all of your XWC is on Bittrex asap! Use the provided blockchain to do so.
Cryptopia will temporarly close the Whitecoin market un till after the swap is completed.
Stay tuned.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:19:39 PM

When launching a new blockchain the team had the opportunity to change some of the specifications of the Whitecoin blockchain.
Due to the nature of PoSv1 that the old chain was operating on, a lot of new Whitecoins were created daily.
The current members of the Whitecoin Foundation discussed the specifications and came to the conclusion that the current inflation rate was way too high.

The new chain is based on Blackcoin PoS V3 and the Foundation has come to a consensus on the following specifications:
- The genesis block was 313 000 000 XWC to make sure we can swap all funds. Unswapped coins after date x (TBA) will be burned.
- Block time target: 60 seconds
- PoS reward per block: 2 XWC
- Minimum Stake Confirmations and Coinbase Maturity: 120 blocks

The source will be available shortly.

Make sure all of your XWC is on Bittrex asap! Use the provided blockchain to do so.
Cryptopia will temporarly close the Whitecoin market un till after the swap is completed.
Stay tuned.

TREX took the wallet offline now so it will be manual swaps from now on I guess.

To be honest with the condition this chain was in we needed more time to sync up and get it all on trex.

Hope the manual swap will work out well. When is the deadline and how to swap manually. Best to put info on the OP. MY wallet synced up with the latest blockchain that OZ posted today but now bittrex shows wallet offline.

neoxxx

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 04:04:45 PM

When is the deadline and how to swap manually...
...wallet synced up with the latest blockchain that OZ posted today but now bittrex shows wallet offline.

Quote, This quick operation is meaningless and especially with poor organization and transparency.
Who decided and with what criteria? Huh
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 05:15:08 PM

...wallet synced up with the latest blockchain that OZ posted today but now bittrex shows wallet offline.

Quote, This quick operation is meaningless and especially with poor organization and transparency.

I think it is a good decision to get on pos3 but coin swaps are tough on pos coins, gets harder and harder to swap as more coins are taken off and locked down.

I think it will be okay they will manually swap them over so long as the chain can keep moving.

The old design pos with too low stake to encourage staking and securing the chain. POS3 will change this hopefully it will be really worth staking.

I hope they will have some further plans too because that will not be enough alone to make a difference to xwc.

I think they have some core devs that have good skills so let's wait and see. I was with white since the start. I wonder where mongozo is now.

dev0tion

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 06:27:46 PM

I think it is a good decision to get on pos3 but coin swaps are tough on pos coins, gets harder and harder to swap as more coins are taken off and locked down.
I think it will be okay they will manually swap them over so long as the chain can keep moving.

The old design pos with too low stake to encourage staking and securing the chain. POS3 will change this hopefully it will be really worth staking.
I hope they will have some further plans too because that will not be enough alone to make a difference to xwc.
I think they have some core devs that have good skills so let's wait and see. I was with white since the start. I wonder where mongozo is now.

The Foundation members will keep some XWC staking to keep the old chain going un till the manual swap has been completed.
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 06:29:35 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 07:27:00 PM by killerjoegreece

where can i find the new windows wallet?
Asgardian

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 07:29:22 PM

I got most across to bittrex but still have some in my wallet which wouldn't come out of stake but now have, will be watching for the manual swap for my remaining coins. Thanks for all the hard work that is going to into this, much appreciated. and yes mongozo, thats a blast from the past, wonder where he is now.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dev0tion

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:49:25 PM

where can i find the new windows wallet?

I'm making the last few changes to make the transition as smooth as possible. Double checking everything and then we are ready to go.
Clients will be compiled as soon as I'm confident I haven't overlooked anything Smiley.

I got most across to bittrex but still have some in my wallet which wouldn't come out of stake but now have, will be watching for the manual swap for my remaining coins. Thanks for all the hard work that is going to into this, much appreciated. and yes mongozo, thats a blast from the past, wonder where he is now.

Thanks Asgardian, your kind words are appreciated.
Oizopower will post details on the manual swap in the coming days. We're first going to let Bittrex handle the automatic swap.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:03:30 AM

DaFuq!!!

Good thing I checked in. Im a huge fan of white and would have been so pissed about missing swap.

I know its a pain but swaps should be open ended, its only fair. Maybe a snapshot after the final manual swap then on a case by case(well documented) basis with a processing fee of less than 5%.

Also, whats the latest with the Azure deal? I see SYS has moved forward with them and certification within days. Any news?

Thanks,
john
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 03:34:08 AM

bump.  Under 1 week notice. 
Mind you this a global community. 
Holidays differ.

operation fubar.
Last week, i chimed in that cryptopia would delist ... no one commented on solution/option.
Bittrex has already closed the swap window??

Where / What / When ?

Lucy do some explaining here!

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 05:04:44 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 07:43:17 AM by CryptoJohn

bump.  Under 1 week notice.  
Holidays differ.

operation fubar.
Last week, i chimed in that cryptopia would delist ... no one commented on solution/option.

Where / What / When ?

There is going to be manual swap, we are just waiting on Oizo to post specifics.
neoxxx

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:24:30 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2017, 08:57:36 AM by neoxxx

bump.  Under 1 week notice.  
Holidays differ.

operation fubar.

Where / What / When ?

There is going to be manual swap, we are just waiting on Oizo to post specifics.

..and we have to pay a fee for manual swap?!?
I hope no, because 7 days for this shitting swap operation is a bullshit.
Where is the community involvement? Is a dev private coin?
This seems like a private operation for the circle of friends promptly informed and earn hypothetical %fee of bittrex for manual swap.
Many people who have invested since the beginning do not live everyday on this thread pressing "F5".

Who thought and decided to do this in just 7 days?
How logical manner?

dev0tion

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:37:22 AM

There's no fee for the manual swap.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:53:50 AM

So long as there is a manual swap it's fine. The old chain was a POS time to upgrade. There should be at least 6 months for a swap but then it must all be burned. You can't have all the unclaimed white in the hands of just a couple of people it is dangerous and will stop the currency being taken seriously at all. All the new coins must be burned and all old xwc must be burned with a full ledger.

The new POS3 will reward those that stake well because as we know only a tiny fraction of people bother with staking anyway.

Once we have a stable code base let's hope we can come up with something that will take us above other simple clone coins.

We do have whiteOS which is actually very cool.

I think we have some talented devs with ideas but this is more of a hobby coin right now. Would be good to get back to a semi decent MC I like whitecoin but wow has it has been a big loss so far to me personally.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: