Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:55:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (XWC) | WhiteCoin | NEWS: Foundation, investors, WhiteOS ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 251180 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 10:54:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up...looks like a nice exchange.  I agree that Mintpal really killed some awesome momentum that this community has worked hard to build.  It would be nice to centralize some of the trading again to build back an active market around WC.

Yes, Mintpal have killed Whitecoin momentum and probably some Whitecoin investor (!). For example, I had some BTC funds on Mintpal only for the WC/BTC market. Now these funds are, let's say, "frozen" (most likely lost...). This was a very unfortunate circumstance. The good news is that Whitecoin funds on Mintpal was not stolen, hence they are not in the hand of some scammer as many other coins (stolen coins will be probably dumped in the near future, ~5000 BTCs included).  Whitecoin has been delisted from Poloniex for low volume and it is a risk on Bittrex now (mostly because Mintpal hosted the main WC/BTC market). At least we have a new "home" on Bleutrade: an new exchange with low volumes but with great potentials. Bleutrade needs a "killer-coin" and it can compete with the major exchanges... Whitecoin has the chance to be the Bleutrade killer-coin :-)

Fully agree with the description of the situation.
We need to find a safe port where vehicular trade and raise WC!

Any suggestions?  I use cryptsy and bittrex personally,  I'm open to using bleutrade though, it's just new to me

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malbee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:49:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up...looks like a nice exchange.  I agree that Mintpal really killed some awesome momentum that this community has worked hard to build.  It would be nice to centralize some of the trading again to build back an active market around WC.

Yes, Mintpal have killed Whitecoin momentum and probably some Whitecoin investor (!). For example, I had some BTC funds on Mintpal only for the WC/BTC market. Now these funds are, let's say, "frozen" (most likely lost...). This was a very unfortunate circumstance. The good news is that Whitecoin funds on Mintpal was not stolen, hence they are not in the hand of some scammer as many other coins (stolen coins will be probably dumped in the near future, ~5000 BTCs included).  Whitecoin has been delisted from Poloniex for low volume and it is a risk on Bittrex now (mostly because Mintpal hosted the main WC/BTC market). At least we have a new "home" on Bleutrade: an new exchange with low volumes but with great potentials. Bleutrade needs a "killer-coin" and it can compete with the major exchanges... Whitecoin has the chance to be the Bleutrade killer-coin :-)

Fully agree with the description of the situation.
We need to find a safe port where vehicular trade and raise WC!

Any suggestions?  I use cryptsy and bittrex personally,  I'm open to using bleutrade though, it's just new to me

Cryptsy is turning out to be one of the most stable Alt Exchanges out there.  I know there are some serious mixed reviews, but I've always had good luck with them.  [Let the flaming begin Cheesy]
tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:09:32 PM

Despite some unpleasant things that makes Cryptsy, I consider sharing safest of all altcoins and I think it has never been hacked.
Safety is the most important thing in this.
bitaxed

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:45:15 PM

Despite some unpleasant things that makes Cryptsy, I consider sharing safest of all altcoins and I think it has never been hacked.

Cryptsy was one of my first crypto-exchanges, I stopped using it months ago because it was too slow. Anyway, I have seen reliability problems in virtually any exchange and I hope Cryptsy have solved its issues.

What I have observed is that any coin has its own reference market in one particular exchange. I don't know why, may reflect big investors' preferences or simply people are attracted by the volume/depth of the market making it larger. In my opinion, Whitecoin has lost its reference market when Mintpal was closed. Now I'm trying to figure out how many investors are trapped in Mintpal and which exchange will host the main WC/BTC market.

I'm trying to be diplomatic but Mintpal shutdown is a real pain in the ass  Angry

surfguy72

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:28:01 PM

Cryptsy was one of my first crypto-exchanges, I stopped using it months ago because it was too slow. Anyway, I have seen reliability problems in virtually any exchange and I hope Cryptsy have solved its issues.

What I have observed is that any coin has its own reference market in one particular exchange. I don't know why, may reflect big investors' preferences or simply people are attracted by the volume/depth of the market making it larger. In my opinion, Whitecoin has lost its reference market when Mintpal was closed. Now I'm trying to figure out how many investors are trapped in Mintpal and which exchange will host the main WC/BTC market.

I'm trying to be diplomatic but Mintpal shutdown is a real pain in the ass  Angry

Yeah, MP going away was a bummer.  Its going to be interesting where our main market will form

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:00:56 PM

i was just wondering if mindfox and mogonzo are still involved with whitecoin?

blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:48:57 PM

Good to see Bittrex has removed WC from the potential de-listing list, price up, volume up Smiley
Asgardian

Activity: 189

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:31:14 PM

yes its nice to see a little movement on Bittrex  Grin

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Jugglex

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:30:38 PM

Right.
In my case when I started to see the MP caos and late to withdraw I thought the best is to wait for some dumpers in a liquidity coin, and I bought DRK at o.oo4. After some days and when withdrawals started again I could transfered to Cryptsy. So in this one I was lucky. Sad for all the crowd that is still waiting. Really bad experience on MP. Diversify exchanges is very important for tradersand to be honest I am a little paranoid.
For luck all my WC are on a safety wallet. It is my only long term coin. And I am picking up more with my profits trade while is being under 100 satoshis buying as I can. Yesterday I arbitraged my Drk to Ltc at 0.0101. Will see.
I would like to hear about how is the WC work in progress and what is we need to go forward. And also the foundation status.
I appreciate who can say some words about it.
All the best
Jugglex
blitzkitten

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:18:17 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 12:41:31 AM by blitzkitten

Thanks for the heads up...looks like a nice exchange.  I agree that Mintpal really killed some awesome momentum that this community has worked hard to build.  It would be nice to centralize some of the trading again to build back an active market around WC.

Yes, Mintpal have killed Whitecoin momentum and probably some Whitecoin investor (!). For example, I had some BTC funds on Mintpal only for the WC/BTC market. Now these funds are, let's say, "frozen" (most likely lost...). This was a very unfortunate circumstance. The good news is that Whitecoin funds on Mintpal was not stolen, hence they are not in the hand of some scammer as many other coins (stolen coins will be probably dumped in the near future, ~5000 BTCs included).  Whitecoin has been delisted from Poloniex for low volume and it is a risk on Bittrex now (mostly because Mintpal hosted the main WC/BTC market). At least we have a new "home" on Bleutrade: an new exchange with low volumes but with great potentials. Bleutrade needs a "killer-coin" and it can compete with the major exchanges... Whitecoin has the chance to be the Bleutrade killer-coin :-)

Right.
In my case when I started to see the MP caos and late to withdraw I thought the best is to wait for some dumpers in a liquidity coin, and I bought DRK at o.oo4. After some days and when withdrawals started again I could transfered to Cryptsy. So in this one I was lucky. Sad for all the crowd that is still waiting. Really bad experience on MP. Diversify exchanges is very important for tradersand to be honest I am a little paranoid.
For luck all my WC are on a safety wallet. It is my only long term coin. And I am picking up more with my profits trade while is being under 100 satoshis buying as I can. Yesterday I arbitraged my Drk to Ltc at 0.0101. Will see.
I would like to hear about how is the WC work in progress and what is we need to go forward. And also the foundation status.
I appreciate who can say some words about it.
All the best
Jugglex

To address your question on what is needed to go forward, I think it's ultimately more programming man power.
We have the list of goals for development and have raised some funds to achieve these goals.

I think there is two factors holding up the progress on these ideas, firstly is a final clarification of what the exact specifics of each improvement are. Secondly is the people with the skills to make these changes, Oizopower has been stellar and rock solid (heart touching) and continually working on WC and has implemented some great things such as White OS.

As I see it, progress needs a finalised discussion directly with someone with the skills who wants to collect the bounties that have been raised through the foundation, either from within the current community or head hunted from elsewhere.
blitzkitten

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:20:48 AM

And last, but certainly not least, below is our funding totals.  The WCF Wallet is used for general expendatures that the WCF finds consensus on.  NO team member has accepted any for himself from this, and, some funding simply comes from team members themselves.  (Android APP: you're welcome Smiley )

WCF Wallet – 880,650 WC

WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR

Known User Transactions - 1,085,811 WC

WQ2daSMKv7qBsgxJTBeSwKfTLoVDYsBZEr

Reduce Confirmation Times - 367,328 WC

WUET4WgYwz4HLx54faKYyRWMNbfa6K5gjj

Built in Voting - 104,226 WC

WSYDAdSrx23BpC6MjBJ2pdWvfkVjYu6tEB

Smart Contract - 74,115 WC

WgMvUeu6vf7vFb1PVGmnfD6tvyFqSh7oWC

Just to list the current goals and funding levels (there is more details throughout the thread on specifics of the developments)

Also, just to give it another mention on a development i'd like (which yes I know i've been banging on about):

Increasing the coin's cap for long term staking and growth.
surfguy72

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:18:57 AM

And last, but certainly not least, below is our funding totals.  The WCF Wallet is used for general expendatures that the WCF finds consensus on.  NO team member has accepted any for himself from this, and, some funding simply comes from team members themselves.  (Android APP: you're welcome Smiley )

WCF Wallet – 880,650 WC

WdPskLzGkjXkSns3BgkRF5fW5SveTBS7tR

Known User Transactions - 1,085,811 WC

WQ2daSMKv7qBsgxJTBeSwKfTLoVDYsBZEr

Reduce Confirmation Times - 367,328 WC

WUET4WgYwz4HLx54faKYyRWMNbfa6K5gjj

Built in Voting - 104,226 WC

WSYDAdSrx23BpC6MjBJ2pdWvfkVjYu6tEB

Smart Contract - 74,115 WC

WgMvUeu6vf7vFb1PVGmnfD6tvyFqSh7oWC

Just to list the current goals and funding levels (there is more details throughout the thread on specifics of the developments)

Also, just to give it another mention on a development i'd like (which yes I know i've been banging on about):

Increasing the coin's cap for long term staking and growth.

Absolutely, and your voice hasn't gone unheard.  All of the ideas and other items have been in discussion and I hope to report soon regarding all of them and real plans to implement

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
blitzkitten

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:13:33 AM

Absolutely, and your voice hasn't gone unheard.  All of the ideas and other items have been in discussion and I hope to report soon regarding all of them and real plans to implement

nice one, keep up the good work Smiley

always appreciate you keeping us in the loop

Oizopower

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:31:57 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 05:49:04 PM by Oizopower

Hey guys, sorry that I have not been around much this week on the forum. Got some big deadlines at work that require my attention for now.
Nothing i cannot handle, expect to have them finished early next week. So that's only a few days.

Lot's of good things coming aswell for WC Cheesy

Cheers !

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
Oizopower

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:12:21 PM

..::[ Whitecoin: X-Mas paperwallet ]::..

With ~2 months to go we already prepared a new kind of Paper wallet for WhiteCoin (with the first x-mas radio song already heard :/ ).
This can be a great idea to give coins to your friends or family. and let them get involved in Crypto !
A preview of how the Paper will look like you find below.

A working Example can be found here and ofcource the source is released aswell:
Live: http://wc.oizopower.nl/paperwallet-xmas/  
Source: https://github.com/Oizopower/Whitecoin-Paperwallet-X-Mas

In time, there might me more backgrounds, but this is just for start. better be early then late !

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
chipmadness

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:28:24 PM

This coin needs to stop being revived..... The coin is a curse.... I tried reviving it a while back... Not worth the time guys, but I would love to see you prove me wrong!

CryptoThrone - http://cryptothrone.com - The Highest Rank in Crypto News! Visit us for the latest Bitcoin news, conference news, the newest and best alt-coins getting released, mining hardware news, mining theories, and everything else related to crypto-currency! Looking for a web developer? Let me design you a responsive, elegant, and modern site today!
Banger42

Activity: 379

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:50:46 PM

This coin needs to stop being revived..... The coin is a curse.... I tried reviving it a while back... Not worth the time guys, but I would love to see you prove me wrong!

What are your talking about?
This coin was never dead ... there is a self-abandoning team (I hope I can include myself sometimes  Wink), and a lot of new developments are in planning ...
In which way have you tried to revive whitecoin? What I am missing?

Banger
surfguy72

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:31:37 PM

What are your talking about?
This coin was never dead ... there is a self-abandoning team (I hope I can include myself sometimes  Wink), and a lot of new developments are in planning ...
In which way have you tried to revive whitecoin? What I am missing?

Banger

I must be missing it too, not a name I recognize, sorry if I've forgotten

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:44:06 AM

This is obviously someone with zero grasp on the history of WhiteCoin...
blitzkitten

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:27:25 AM

Mixed messages there too, not sure if he wants us to walk away or if he wants us to prove him wrong :S
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: