Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:03:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SWIFT] BitSwift |https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922982.msg101316  (Read 268327 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EfterlysT

Activity: 425
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:47:18 PM

WTH  just happened on BTER    buy wall  GONE   someone sold at 0.000001   REALLY!!?
Someone must have fucked up really bad playing with the numbers or something.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitSwift (OP)

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 12:10:31 AM

Hello Community, this is the BitSwift Dev team!

We will be hosting REGULAR Monday evening / night Q&A -  we want to involve the community in this project as much as possible.

Questions anyone?

Thank you,

-BitSwift

www.bitswift.io
business(at)bitswift.io
jcooper

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:44:07 AM

We will be hosting REGULAR Monday evening / night Q&A -  we want to involve the community in this project as much as possible.

Questions anyone?

When will you release a whitepaper with technical details?

You say "transfers take place almost instantly." Can quantify "almost instantly," i.e., how many milliseconds/seconds/whatever would typically be required for a transfer to be completed and confirmed?

Can you explain "Swift Exist Identity Binding"?  The roadmap says:
swiftEXIST allows binding of documents to digital identities or digital objects on the bitswift network. In combination with swiftID and swiftREP this is a very powerful tool. One example: register a swiftID for your car, utilize swiftEXIST to insert the car ownership to the chain. Bind the ownership document to the Identity of the car, which is then bound to your registered swiftID. Your swiftID is bound to your physical self using proof of document. The bitswift network now validates your ownership.

So suppose I register a swiftID for my car, use swiftEXIST to do whatever the rest of those steps mean. The bitswift network now validates my ownership. Then (in the real world) I put an ad on craigslist, someone comes over and gives me a thousand bucks and I sign the title over to them. The bitswift network isn't modified by this real-world transaction, so the bitswift network is still validating my ownership, even though in the real world I no longer own the car.

Can you explain how this is supposed to work?
BitSwift (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 01:18:50 AM

We will be hosting REGULAR Monday evening / night Q&A -  we want to involve the community in this project as much as possible.

Questions anyone?

When will you release a whitepaper with technical details?

You say "transfers take place almost instantly." Can quantify "almost instantly," i.e., how many milliseconds/seconds/whatever would typically be required for a transfer to be completed and confirmed?

A:  If someone sends SWIFT to you they will appear as received within seconds.  The time can vary depending on network connectivity speed and various other issues.  The confirmation time is 30 seconds (on average).  

Can you explain "Swift Exist Identity Binding"?  The roadmap says:
swiftEXIST allows binding of documents to digital identities or digital objects on the bitswift network. In combination with swiftID and swiftREP this is a very powerful tool. One example: register a swiftID for your car, utilize swiftEXIST to insert the car ownership to the chain. Bind the ownership document to the Identity of the car, which is then bound to your registered swiftID. Your swiftID is bound to your physical self using proof of document. The bitswift network now validates your ownership.

So suppose I register a swiftID for my car, use swiftEXIST to do whatever the rest of those steps mean. The bitswift network now validates my ownership. Then (in the real world) I put an ad on craigslist, someone comes over and gives me a thousand bucks and I sign the title over to them. The bitswift network isn't modified by this real-world transaction, so the bitswift network is still validating my ownership, even though in the real world I no longer own the car.

A:  SwiftEXIST is used to declare ownership and record that ownership in the history of events.  The blockchain allows to record events and keep the history and proof of those events.  If the car was sold later on in the future to a new owner the network would not know otherwise.  The network would only know that on a specific date in the past, you owned the car.  Unless of course, the network gave enough incentive for the new owner to join the network and transfer the ownership from you and bind it to their SwiftID.  Or perhaps if the network gave enough incentive to use its internal SwiftSales, the car could be sold directly on the network.  When the sale is final the ownership would be transferred internally to the new owner.
Can you explain how this is supposed to work?

www.bitswift.io
business(at)bitswift.io
jcooper

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:36:01 AM

A:  If someone sends SWIFT to you they will appear as received within seconds.  The time can vary depending on network connectivity speed and various other issues.  The confirmation time is 30 seconds (on average).  

Somewhere else in this thread it says "with only 10 confirmations before coins are usable." So 30 seconds is ten confirmations, meaning the block time is 3 seconds?

A:  SwiftEXIST is used to declare ownership and record that ownership in the history of events.  The blockchain allows to record events and keep the history and proof of those events.  If the car was sold later on in the future to a new owner the network would not know otherwise.  The network would only know that on a specific date in the past, you owned the car.  Unless of course, the network gave enough incentive for the new owner to join the network and transfer the ownership from you and bind it to their SwiftID.  Or perhaps if the network gave enough incentive to use its internal SwiftSales, the car could be sold directly on the network.  When the sale is final the ownership would be transferred internally to the new owner.

I don't follow that at all, sorry. With cars the actual, legal ownership is reflected in the title. There's no link between the blockchain and the physical car, the physical documents, and the registration of the title at the DMV.

And if the blockchain only records that someone owned that car at some point in history (if that were even possible), how is it useful in selling the car? If I'm buying a car from you I don't care whether you owned it at some point in history, I care about whether it's legally yours now so that it's your to sell. And then if I give you money for it I don't care about entries on a blockchain, I care about the legal title. 

Is there going to be a whitepaper with technical details at some point?
BudFox

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:54:47 AM

ok so finaly i made an account here Smiley
great coin great dev team, this is my first crypto so im glad to be here guys.
good luck
thanx
BitSwift (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 01:59:52 AM

Somewhere else in this thread it says "with only 10 confirmations before coins are usable." So 30 seconds is ten confirmations, meaning the block time is 3 seconds?

I don't follow that at all, sorry. With cars the actual, legal ownership is reflected in the title. There's no link between the blockchain and the physical car, the physical documents, and the registration of the title at the DMV.

And if the blockchain only records that someone owned that car at some point in history (if that were even possible), how is it useful in selling the car? If I'm buying a car from you I don't care whether you owned it at some point in history, I care about whether it's legally yours now so that it's your to sell. And then if I give you money for it I don't care about entries on a blockchain, I care about the legal title. 

Is there going to be a whitepaper with technical details at some point?

Yes we will provide more in depth technical papers on all of our modules.   Please take a look here to see how proof of existence works:http://www.coindesk.com/how-block-chain-technology-is-working-to-transform-intellectual-property/

You may be stuck in a loop trying to bind an old system to a new one.  The horse did not turn into a car.  The car replaced the horse.  

-BitSwift

www.bitswift.io
business(at)bitswift.io
BitSwift (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 02:01:16 AM

good luck
thanx

Welcome to the community!

-BitSwift

www.bitswift.io
business(at)bitswift.io
BudFox

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:07:55 AM

good luck
thanx

Welcome to the community!

-BitSwift

thank you very much Smiley glad to be here
jcooper

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:41:56 AM

Please take a look here to see how proof of existence works:http://www.coindesk.com/how-block-chain-technology-is-working-to-transform-intellectual-property/

You may be stuck in a loop trying to bind an old system to a new one.  The horse did not turn into a car.  The car replaced the horse.  

You're the ones with the claims about the new system (blockchain) being used to represent something that is "old system" namely the legal ownership of automobiles. The ability to prove that a digital document existed at some point in time (as described in the link there) doesn't do anything of the sort.
sgm3lvin

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:30:46 AM

the prices have dropped steeply  Huh
mikerutch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:35:46 AM

yep, looks like this coin is done.....on to the next
dan7777777

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:36:27 AM

the prices have dropped steeply  Huh

What happened?
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:38:54 AM

Thank you to the guys that sold me 3 btc worth of SWIFT at 20000 satoshis Cheesy

hahaha my BTC took ages to hit me:)
but i got 3BTC also @ 24k average

40k within 12hours:)

You guys have to stop doing this kind of pump. Smart investing is not about pumping. Did you manage to close your position before going into red?
sust1200

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:48:04 AM

its called Price manipulation!, and its low cause they want more coins!, so the best time for you to get in is RIGHT NOW!, enjoy while it lasts Smiley

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:53:08 AM

First coin which deletes my posts.

I am out when we recovered.

Thats a big laugh when you don't accept some criticism !

It was not against the Coin and its features it was about BOB and his newbie accounts hyping this one.
sgm3lvin

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:01:15 AM

its called Price manipulation!, and its low cause they want more coins!, so the best time for you to get in is RIGHT NOW!, enjoy while it lasts Smiley

oO.. u sound too enthusiastic
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:56:18 AM

delivered the dev anything until yet from his plans /roadmaps, or not?

because this coin exist now about 4 weeks.
and i see only new roadmaps and new plans.
rifsta

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 11:39:43 AM

delivered the dev anything until yet from his plans /roadmaps, or not?

because this coin exist now about 4 weeks.
and i see only new roadmaps and new plans.

might want to review your english  Huh

ffs..you have a brain, THINK!!
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 11:44:12 AM

Hi Swift community!

Are you ready for tomorrow? From tomorrow on we are together on Blocknet.

Our strength is in our unity!

Kind regards from Stealth Coin community  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: