Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:47:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SWIFT] BitSwift |https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922982.msg101316  (Read 268338 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Changeispermanent

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:47:17 AM

NO SWIFT                                                                SWIFT                                                              FUDDERS

I have swift...
El_Duderino

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:58:42 AM

Nothing like waking up, with the pockets full of swift. Good times
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:59:22 AM

I forgot to add this earlier: In the case of Swift it is fair to expect the dev to maintain a fast pace in line with the large amount of BTC the "community" entrusted the devs with. 320 BTC is a lot of money that should be enough to fund the fast paced road ahead. That is of course if the ICO funds will be used for development and marketing work and if the dev team is sincere and honest. A hypothetical situation in the case of an unscrupulous dev team and pump group would be as follows: Pump leader and dev makes a deal that pump group will buy most of ICO in return for guarantee that dev hands over ICO funds to pump group as well as for assurances that dev would add lots of bling and hype to improve sentiment to add to the pump group's own hype. Once price is high enough due to the increased sentiment due to promises and with large enough buy orders for pump group to exit profitably, ICO funds are paid over again by the pump group to the dev for future work or for whatever the dev wanted the ICO funds for.

Of course we all believe that such an atrocious situation is not applicable here and that everything with this ICO was above board. Proof will be in the fundamentals when features work properly, increases utility of the public and gets widely adopted. Earnings is a bonus and anything based on just future promises are fake and empty. It is up to the dev to prove this to the community that gave him 320BTC.

> It is up to the dev to prove this to the community that gave him 320BTC.

Is there some way of knowing the dev was given 320 BTC by regular community, vs.  just saying the ICO was sold out at 90% but keeping that 90% SWIFT themself/ves in different wallets, and the last "real" 10% 32BTC was what was contributed by buyers who thought the demand was real?

In other words is there any such thing as "proof of ICO shares sold to new investors", or do the ICO buyers just take the dev's word for it?  
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:10:57 AM

I forgot to add this earlier: In the case of Swift it is fair to expect the dev to maintain a fast pace in line with the large amount of BTC the "community" entrusted the devs with. 320 BTC is a lot of money that should be enough to fund the fast paced road ahead. That is of course if the ICO funds will be used for development and marketing work and if the dev team is sincere and honest. A hypothetical situation in the case of an unscrupulous dev team and pump group would be as follows: Pump leader and dev makes a deal that pump group will buy most of ICO in return for guarantee that dev hands over ICO funds to pump group as well as for assurances that dev would add lots of bling and hype to improve sentiment to add to the pump group's own hype. Once price is high enough due to the increased sentiment due to promises and with large enough buy orders for pump group to exit profitably, ICO funds are paid over again by the pump group to the dev for future work or for whatever the dev wanted the ICO funds for.

Of course we all believe that such an atrocious situation is not applicable here and that everything with this ICO was above board. Proof will be in the fundamentals when features work properly, increases utility of the public and gets widely adopted. Earnings is a bonus and anything based on just future promises are fake and empty. It is up to the dev to prove this to the community that gave him 320BTC.

> It is up to the dev to prove this to the community that gave him 320BTC.

Is there some way of knowing the dev was given 320 BTC by regular community, vs.  just saying the ICO was sold out at 90% but keeping that 90% SWIFT themself/ves in different wallets, and the last "real" 10% 32BTC was what was contributed by buyers who thought the demand was real?

In other words is there any such thing as "proof of ICO shares sold to new investors", or do the ICO buyers just take the dev's word for it?  

The sales of coins in this ICO was transparent in the sense that everyone can track the sales happening on the exchange.  It is therefore possible to say beyond reasonable doubt, with the value placed on Bittrex integrity as an exchange that 100% of the ICO was sold out and paid for with BTC @ 8000 per coin. In that sense the process cannot be bypassed to only sell 10% of the ICO as per your example and making as if 100% was sold. The full ICO coins was transferred to the Bittrex wallet otherwise the number of coins in the ICO would have showed less on the sell side. It is therefore not necessary to have a "proof of ICO" of some sorts. Having said this, it is impossible to determine exactly who paid the BTC. This information is confidential to Bittrex. All that the public will know is that someone paid BTC for the coins. The "someone" can be the broad community in the one extreme or just one person on the other extreme. If the dev put in BTC in the exchange it is possible to have bought coins in the ICO. In short, in all scenarios real BTC has to flow into the exchange for the ICO - how the BTC is obtained or structured outside of the exchange can be done in many ways to achieve the same result.
Changeispermanent

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:02:14 PM

Can anyone find A successful pure pos coin?

without high hash rate support, the coin will be done soon

looking at the charts, i just gotta say... moon.

My moon is at 1 Million Sats. Where is your moon?
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:58:19 PM

Doesnt look much like moon anymore dropped from 40k back to 30k  and the volume dropped by 50% as well looks like the p&d group has moved on to the next target.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
LordHaylar

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:04:14 PM

Sorry but I think it's absolutely BS the dev withheld the white paper until an hour after ICO ended and instead relied on investors to decipher a jigsaw puzzle and an animated logo to determine whether you should buy into it. Call it butthurt I don't care but if devs are sitting on material and offering an ICO they should release ALL documents before asking someone to pony up their money.

Relax, this coin is going to see over 100K. It's not to late to get a ticket.

^ Believe that! Those of you who doubt this man have no idea who he is. This is going 100K, and that's all there is to it.

Also, has the dev team been announced yet? Dying to know who they are. Heard it's an all start crew but not sure exactly who.

Although I am new to alt coins, and this is the first coin I have majorly invested in, I beleive 100K is very possilbe.  I've lurked a lot of coin threads lately and it seems like the BitSwift boy(s) have been damn good at releasing stuff as promised. I hope to see some more stuff soon!
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:13:04 PM

Sorry but I think it's absolutely BS the dev withheld the white paper until an hour after ICO ended and instead relied on investors to decipher a jigsaw puzzle and an animated logo to determine whether you should buy into it. Call it butthurt I don't care but if devs are sitting on material and offering an ICO they should release ALL documents before asking someone to pony up their money.

^ Believe that! Those of you who doubt this man have no idea who he is. This is going 100K, and that's all there is to it.

Also, has the dev team been announced yet? Dying to know who they are. Heard it's an all start crew but not sure exactly who.

Although I am new to alt coins, and this is the first coin I have majorly invested in, I beleive 100K is very possilbe.  I've lurked a lot of coin threads lately and it seems like the BitSwift boy(s) have been damn good at releasing stuff as promised. I hope to see some more stuff soon!

U think it will go 100k just because btcd did ?
What Reasons do u have for Thinking its going to go to 100k ?
The Newness is allready wearing off and price&volume is dropping.
I hold a few K so Id be very happy to see it go 100k sat but ,, i have my doubts. I think it will hang around the 30k mark for awhile before dropping to the 20-16k range where it will stabilize untill next pumpnews/release.
I will be buying a lot more in that range but i dont share ur view that its going 100k this or next week.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
EfterlysT

Activity: 425
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:23:06 PM

People are taking profits.. Nothing strange with that at all. This coin did a 400% raise in less than a week ffs. What did people expect ? 400% more right away ? That is not healthy at all. Let it floor around 30-35K for a while and it is ready for another push up.

Cloak went to 300K dont forget that. And this coin have a real developer that dont promise too much (Alty)

This coin is about to change the world. Anon era is pretty much over, now fast and easy are the way to go. If some people want to do dirty stuff they can use anon coins for that. But the main mass of people are not using their crypto for illegal use. This coin is perfect for first time users like old people. FAST and secure transactions.

If/when China jumps on this train things will go crazy for real.

Hold = Win
Shorting = Risky as hell
Dump = Wave to the train when it leaves
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:30:11 PM

People are taking profits.. Nothing strange with that at all. This coin did a 400% raise in less than a week ffs. What did people expect ? 400% more right away ? That is not healthy at all. Let it floor around 30-35K for a while and it is ready for another push up.

Cloak went to 300K dont forget that. And this coin have a real developer that dont promise too much (Alty)

This coin is about to change the world. Anon era is pretty much over, now fast and easy are the way to go. If some people want to do dirty stuff they can use anon coins for that. But the main mass of people are not using their crypto for illegal use. This coin is perfect for first time users like old people. FAST and secure transactions.

Hold = Win
Shorting = Risky as hell

I didnt expect that at all , maybe my 16-20k range is a little on the conservative side but essentially we are saying the same thing.

Changeispermanent

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:35:02 PM

Doesnt look much like moon anymore dropped from 40k back to 30k  and the volume dropped by 50% as well looks like the p&d group has moved on to the next target.

This kind of drop was expected. It went too high too fast. It is good for new people to get in. New people at high price people with strong hands are joining the flight.

So moon is coming soon.
Sons_of_Crypto

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:35:41 PM

Hold = Win
Shorting = Risky as hell

same thing i was thinking man.

and it amazes me how little PATIENCE people have, it's utterly moronic. 

***Whale watching***
LordHaylar

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:44:42 PM

U think it will go 100k just because btcd did ?
What Reasons do u have for Thinking its going to go to 100k ?
The Newness is allready wearing off and price&volume is dropping.
I hold a few K so Id be very happy to see it go 100k sat but ,, i have my doubts. I think it will hang around the 30k mark for awhile before dropping to the 20-16k range where it will stabilize untill next pumpnews/release.
I will be buying a lot more in that range but i dont share ur view that its going 100k this or next week.

Like I said, I'm new to this, but I have been scouring threads for a while.  BitSwift released a lot of material very soon after launch.  Perhaps they did much more pre-development than most other coins do, but I get a good feeling they have this pretty well thought out.  Compared to other coins I see figuring it out as they go.  I am hopeful for 100K, but I don't see it being a far off possibilty.  I will hold and hope for the best!
Eastbay

Activity: 176

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:47:45 PM

Hold = Win
Shorting = Risky as hell

same thing i was thinking man.

and it amazes me how little PATIENCE people have, it's utterly moronic.  

this is still early, i bet most of the investors who will be getting into SWIFT to push it past 100k aren't even here yet, this is good turn over, the more people (strong hands) who buy at 30-40k will not want to sell until atleast 60-70k imo (and thats the quick flippers, most strong hands will see how high she goes)

this pull back to 30k is about the best case scenerio for a rising, this coin is still blowing up and just now getting some much needed attention...

once the dev's start implementing there module system is going to be something special

i think thats where the majority of the ICO btc should go, multiple devs should be hired and some project work should be contracted out to exspierenced C++ and QT devs, or atleast thats what I would be doing if i wanted to deliver new features for my coin Smiley

good luck bitswift devs! and remember even cloak outsourced dev work so its not like its a bad thing, just something to think about to ensure the fastest/best delivery of the coin imo

Im holding  through this pull back and waiting for greener pastures (50k+) which should be right around the corner when the rest of the weak hands are out (GOOD RIDDANCE!)
FurianSun

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:53:53 PM

I'm glad I could get in at 32k. Looks like a normal retrenchment to me. Smiley

Pretty much what it is. Lots of fudsters on this one. lol
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:54:07 PM

are you cockfags really jizzing over a multipool what is this March? Huh
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 01:57:38 PM

Bottom line...

This coin is 7 days old today.  It has already had an epic rise!  BTC prices are going back up, which will have an effect on Alts because people are going to be cashing in BTC for FIAT since it is rising.  As you can tell from the exchanges today, a LOT of coins are red.

Alt world has no patience and a very short term memory.  There are exciting developments on the way.  Don't sell for peanuts and get caught missing the train.

Asking the Bitswift team to prove everything they intend on doing when the coin is 7 days old is absolutely ridiculous.

Is it me, or does the proof time keep getting shorter?  Darkcoin for example...  Weeks and weeks with no proof, all talk.  Now here we are with Bitswift and everyone wants the world in 7 days??  Speechless...

I agree 100% with Bob.  Let the devs do their job!

sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:11:22 PM

Bottom line...

This coin is 7 days old today.  It has already had an epic rise!  BTC prices are going back up, which will have an effect on Alts because people are going to be cashing in BTC for FIAT since it is rising.  As you can tell from the exchanges today, a LOT of coins are red.

Alt world has no patience and a very short term memory.  There are exciting developments on the way.  Don't sell for peanuts and get caught missing the train.

Asking the Bitswift team to prove everything they intend on doing when the coin is 7 days old is absolutely ridiculous.

Is it me, or does the proof time keep getting shorter?  Darkcoin for example...  Weeks and weeks with no proof, all talk.  Now here we are with Bitswift and everyone wants the world in 7 days??  Speechless...

+1

If i didnt believe i wouldnt be in.
All im saying is people shouldnt Expect 100k Today or Tomorrow and a allmost 400% rise from IPO price in a week is nothing to sneeze at.

broseph

Activity: 135

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:37:09 PM

Bottom line...

+1

If i didnt believe i wouldnt be in.
All im saying is people shouldnt Expect 100k Today or Tomorrow and a allmost 400% rise from IPO price in a week is nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah I think we all pretty much agree in the general sense and may have different ranges in mind.  Concerning price, I didn't get to buy at the ICO price cause I expected it to fall like ICO's usually do the day after they are open for trading, so I got in at around 13k, still in great proffit but I know that this can go places so I am in a very patient state of mind.

One reason for my calmness, patience and optimism is that it seems to me that short term profiteers seem to have exited from the coin or maybe some leave between today and tomorrow, hell I managed to buy a couple of more swift on the recent corrections, also seeing the amount of absurd FUD that happened in the last 2 days tells me that people wanted to get in so they were trying to bring the price down so that they would accumulate.  Not saying everything was FUD, there were also valid questions and a few everyday trolls, but it was pretty easy to spot a lot of obvious FUDsters.

The other reason for me to be calm, patient and optimistic is that I really like the concept.  It may not be the first coin to have mobile, it's not going to be the first to have some anon and it won't be the first to put out other features. But it's the first time I have ever seen a coin publicly address the fact that coins have got to stop being a ONE TRICK PONY (a techie pony to be exact). It reminds me of the times when computers where specific purpose built and only a small market of people used them, then we had DOS and then we had Operating Systems with GUI, suddenly people started using operating systems and building programs on top of that OS.  Wanted to do something technical, you would use the technical program, wanted to play? you installed games.  I think there is huge potential here and we are only seeing the beginning.  I wouldn't be surprised if a new trend of coins behaving as PLATFORMS come out as a result of Bitswift's very interesting experiment.

For now, I'm very much chill because I know that I stumbled upon something that has the potential to be fucking amazing.
EfterlysT

Activity: 425
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:57:30 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: