Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:36:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Links to dead coins INDICATOR DC ...........................  (Read 44610 times)
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 10:08:29 AM

i checked all the list of coinmarketcap

I'm curious. You've collated an overall list of all the coins that have ever been listed on coinmarketcap.com? Did you use your own sources or use the data from the available historical archives, e.g.:

http://web.archive.org/web/20140330073545/http://coinmarketcap.com/

Cheers

Graham
MbccompanyX

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:21:21 AM

i checked all the list of coinmarketcap

I'm curious. You've collated an overall list of all the coins that have ever been listed on coinmarketcap.com? Did you use your own sources or use the data from the available historical archives, e.g.:

http://web.archive.org/web/20140330073545/http://coinmarketcap.com/

Cheers

Graham

i prefer to use the updated list even if sometimes i lost track of one coin, and anyway i print the list so i have a printed version to compare to the new list present on the website, then i download the wallet (if is a qt is ok for me because i'm getting used to them) and i try to do a first sync waiting from 10 to 30 minutes, if doesn't sync i leave a message on the thread (If exist, i refuse to check a coin that is only present with a website or a thread or other websites which could be checked from the coin owner) and wait 7 days (Saturday and Sunday included), if i don't get a real answer (And this happened with a coin of which i forgot the name) i remove it from my list (But i leave it on a second list in case there is a takeover or a sudden revival).

Anyway because there are still 12 hours before i consider those coins dead i will write them and i will wait that bit1 confirms or not that are dead

BitCoinTX (No wallet avaible and people insist that i have to go to the official website which still uses the broken link)
BitCrystal
Bitmark

Bannedseller

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:29:24 AM

Is this coin considered dead?
The OP have over 3k replies, but just 100 in past 6 months... Dev is on DefaultTrust (depth 2), and he don't get anything from developing the coin (so it is not a scamcoin). However the last message by him is from 2 months ago... Just RIP for that coin.
MbccompanyX

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:33:54 AM

The OP have over 3k replies, but just 100 in past 6 months... Dev is on DefaultTrust (depth 2), and he don't get anything from developing the coin (so it is not a scamcoin). However the last message by him is from 2 months ago... Just RIP for that coin.

You checked if the wallet sync at all? Anyway i will check as soon as possible because it doesn't match all the 3 points it needs to be considered dead in my opinion at the moment.

P.s. this coin was added maybe in those days on coinmarketcap so maybe is active but we can't be sure, i will check it anyway

P.s.s. seems i have to reprint the list because is at 626 and my list is of 606 coins

bit1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:16:44 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 05:09:44 PM by bit1

You checked if the wallet sync at all? Anyway i will check as soon as possible because it doesn't match all the 3 points it needs to be considered dead in my opinion at the moment.

P.s. this coin was added maybe in those days on coinmarketcap so maybe is active but we can't be sure, i will check it anyway

P.s.s. seems i have to reprint the list because is at 626 and my list is of 606 coins

Good observation Guys. Is not the better time to this coin however its could be added to another list for the moment because it have connections yet and marketcap is 21 BTC only, current blocks are on 1355157
Dev is Equamobi a good known member of the community, Anyway we ask to him to check status about this coin because it can die soon or be listed on a different list .
MbccompanyX

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:09:49 PM

Good observation Guys. Is not the better time to this coin however its could be added to another list for the moment because it have connections yet and marketcap is 21 BTC only, current blocks are on 1355157
Dev is Equamobi a good known member of the community, Anyway we ask to him to check status about this coin because it can die soon or be listed on a different list .

At me it locked during the sync but i noticed that at the same time my internet connection was getting unstable so i left anyway a message  and anyway i will try to make more checks on coin  from now on before i start the university

bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:35:04 PM

I'm receiving on this thread:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

I will check it and until then maybe  not all information will be  normally updated. I will advice when its be  resolved.

Finally this was resolve, Thanks to theymos.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:35:43 PM

CAPTcoin(CAPT)    Added to Waiting  for a answer.
skeem

Activity: 229

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:42:12 PM

If the coin dev doesn't response anything for a long time and another dev is interested in that coin, ...?

Coin Revolution
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:53:00 PM

If the coin dev doesn't response anything for a long time and another dev is interested in that coin, ...?

Takeovers are legitims, But try it before of that it be declared died.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:54:35 PM

Benjamins(BEN)       Added to Useless Coins.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:07:29 PM

BilShares(BILS)      Added to  OTHERS COINS ALIVES LISTED HERE FOR STATISTICALS PURPOSES AND QUICKLY REFERENCE.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:59:28 PM

BitBar(BTB)    Added to Special cases.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:37:28 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 08:51:09 PM by bit1

BitCent(BCENT)       *Added to  Died coins list.     I will send a warning to  Antiscam Early Warning System - AEWS to this coin    on here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1170999.0       
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:01:48 PM

BitLux(LUX)     Added to  Died coins list.       I will send a warning to  Antiscam Early Warning System too.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:50:56 PM

I'm receiving on this thread:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

I will check it and until then maybe  not all information will be  normally updated. I will advice when its be  resolved.

Finally this was resolve, Thanks to theymos.

Please be aware:

I'll need to reduce either or both of the size of my  post or the frequency at which I update it in order to prevent this from happening again.

Please see it:        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175461.msg12375615#msg12375615
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:07:00 PM

I don't know if can help but here all the coins i found dead at the moment (Or maybe i thinked because there isn't a qt wallet and i removed from my altlist because i prefer a gui and wants qt)

16bit
23 Skidoo
AdderalCoin
Aegis
AlphaCoin
ApexCoin
AppleCoin
Argentum
Axron
BananaBits
Bancorcoin
Benjamins (Today expired my calm week hoping to get some nodes working)
Biebercoin (Maybe is better so)
BilShares
BitBar
BitCent
BitLux

for now are those and how i say those are dead come from

1. Last activity of the thread (if over 120 days is dead)
2. No community activity (If doesn't sync i leave a message asking for nodes and then i wait 7 days)
3. No sync.

If a coin matches all 3 for me is considered dead.

P.s. not all the coins have a thread on bitcointalk and my list is based on coinmarketcap, i will maybe post some updates if i will have them

Excellent, I´m gonna  adding  this today, Is a long list, Thank you very much for your help, Anything else please keep us posted.

Here is a summary of result:

16bit           -->Waiting  for a answer
23 Skidoo   -->Useless Coins
AdderalCoin   -->Dead coin
Aegis           -->Dead coin
AlphaCoin   -->Useless Coins
ApexCoin   -->Special cases  
AppleCoin   -->Special cases
Argentum   -->Useless Coins
Axron           -->Dead coin
BananaBits   -->Dead coin
Bancorcoin   -->Dead coin
Benjamins (Today expired my calm week hoping to get some nodes working)   -->Useless Coins
Biebercoin (Maybe is better so)   -->I have listed on Coins that could change its name  *To avoid conflicts. To give a message to community. I will change this to died coins later.
BilShares   -->OTHERS COINS ALIVES LISTED HERE FOR STATISTICALS PURPOSES
BitBar           -->Special cases
BitCent   -->Dead coin
BitLux    -->Dead coin
MbccompanyX

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:56:46 AM

I don't know if can help but here all the coins i found dead at the moment (Or maybe i thinked because there isn't a qt wallet and i removed from my altlist because i prefer a gui and wants qt)

16bit
23 Skidoo
AdderalCoin
Aegis
AlphaCoin
ApexCoin
AppleCoin
Argentum
Axron
BananaBits
Bancorcoin
Benjamins (Today expired my calm week hoping to get some nodes working)
Biebercoin (Maybe is better so)
BilShares
BitBar
BitCent
BitLux

for now are those and how i say those are dead come from

1. Last activity of the thread (if over 120 days is dead)
2. No community activity (If doesn't sync i leave a message asking for nodes and then i wait 7 days)
3. No sync.

If a coin matches all 3 for me is considered dead.

P.s. not all the coins have a thread on bitcointalk and my list is based on coinmarketcap, i will maybe post some updates if i will have them

Excellent, I´m gonna  adding  this today, Is a long list, Thank you very much for your help, Anything else please keep us posted.

Here is a summary of result:

16bit           -->Waiting  for a answer
23 Skidoo   -->Useless Coins
AdderalCoin   -->Dead coin
Aegis           -->Dead coin
AlphaCoin   -->Useless Coins
ApexCoin   -->Special cases  
AppleCoin   -->Special cases
Argentum   -->Useless Coins
Axron           -->Dead coin
BananaBits   -->Dead coin
Bancorcoin   -->Dead coin
Benjamins (Today expired my calm week hoping to get some nodes working)   -->Useless Coins
Biebercoin (Maybe is better so)   -->I have listed on Coins that could change its name  *To avoid conflicts. To give a message to community. I will change this to died coins later.
BilShares   -->OTHERS COINS ALIVES LISTED HERE FOR STATISTICALS PURPOSES
BitBar           -->Special cases
BitCent   -->Dead coin
BitLux    -->Dead coin

Well then here the next 3

Bicoin TX
BitCrystal
Bitmark

bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:38:00 PM

Bitcoin(BTX)      Added to Special cases.   

Bitmark(BTM)     Added to Waiting  for a answer.
bit1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:45:11 PM

Well then here the next 3
Bicoin TX
BitCrystal
Bitmark

Here is a summary about these:

Bitcoin(BTX)      Added to Special cases.  
Bitmark(BTM)     Added to Waiting  for an answer.

On case of  BitCrystal I have added previously it on OTHERS COINS ALIVES LISTED HERE FOR STATISTICALS PURPOSES AND QUICKLY REFERENCE and these are two different coins.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: