Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:41:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Shrem is scammer, watch out  (Read 32788 times)
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:38:08 PM

I can appreciate the fact that you're no longer involved with BI. I can totally appreciate the amount you have had to pay out of your pocket to clear up issues. My problem is that I started this support request through you/your company back when you were in charge of it all. You know exactly who I am, as you just emailed me right away after I posted. If you notice the email you replied to was sent March of 2014. That's 7 months since you last replied to me about this.  You even knew the exact amount (360). Why did it have to get to this?

I'm torn as I realize you have no control over BI assets anymore, but I feel like my situation is different (due to the length of time I have been in contact about this, and the hoops I've been forced through), and that I have been more then patient enough. The offer of $360 is commendable, but again, I bought bitcoins with that money - I didn't place it in a no-interest savings plan for 18 months. I am honestly not happy at all with that appeasement. I appreciate you responding, and honestly attempting to resolve this (which I would like as well), but this is not fair, imo.

I have removed  the negative from your profile while we work towards an amicable solution, and thank you for stepping up.

Thanks for your message.

I was able to know the amount and who you are because after you posted this I searched "Rawted" in my gmail search and only 1 email came up. I also know it was $360 because that was the amount you told me, so I am going by your word.

There are many places where your order could have failed, and Im sorry for the length of time it has taken to resolve this. ZipZap may have not paid us for your order, or it could have failed. Bitcoins were never purchased for this order. If there was, we would have had the coins to give you

I was only apprised to this situation when once I got your email on Feb 17th 2014. Up until that point, I had no idea of this situation.

The day I got your email, I copied my partner and said (you have this email as well)

Hey Gareth,

Can you look this up and confirm?

Ill pay the refund out of my pocket if the details match up.

Steve - I stepped down, but like I said be glad to help.

Since then I received 1 other email from you in March. Gareth has not responded to me, and I dont have any corresponded between you and him.

My current offer stands. We dont have much information to go on here, but Im happy to refund you to just end this.

Currently, as part of my bail conditions I am not allowed to engaged in any BitInstant activity. This includes investigating this further and buying more Bitcoin for the company. The only thing I can do is refund you out of my pocket. The $360 would come from me personally and not the company

-Charlie

EDIT: The email you just replied to from feb 2014 even has the order ID, event details, store, and location sent from in it. Would it be worth trying to get a hold of zipzap again about this?

All ZipZap will do is confirm this order exists in their system and that you paid.

Fro then on, I have no way to check the BitInstant system of what happened to your order.

This is why Im offering to give you a full refund.

My apologies for making you post that, I didn't know about your bail conditions.

You may not remember, but you forwarded me onto a female support agent via PM because of my post on that thread sometime in april of 2013.

Again, I appreciate your offer, but I will need to think on this.

Just to confirm my choices are:

a) $360 refund from you directly
b) wait until the terms of your conditions run out and we pursue it for my full amount (if so, how long is that?)
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:39:12 PM

I've been asking and posting about it here and on IRC for almost two years. It wasn't until I posted here and left you negative feedback that you started coming around and responding again. What is it going to take to resolve this, man?

Rawted,

This was a BitInstant matter, not one of me personally. I've done my best to refund every customer, paying thousands out of my own pocket.

I sent you an email and I am offering again here to fully refund the $360 you deposited that day.

You have my email, as we were in conversation, feel free to email me an address where to mail the check.

I will overnight a FedEx check to you today if you email me your address right now.

-Charlie

I can appreciate the fact that you're no longer involved with BI. I can totally appreciate the amount you have had to pay out of your pocket to clear up issues. My problem is that I started this support request through you/your company back when you were in charge of it all. You know exactly who I am, as you just emailed me right away after I posted. If you notice the email you replied to was sent March of 2014. That's 7 months since you last replied to me about this.  You even knew the exact amount (360). Why did it have to get to this?

I'm torn as I realize you have no control over BI assets anymore, but I feel like my situation is different (due to the length of time I have been in contact about this, and the hoops I've been forced through), and that I have been more then patient enough. The offer of $360 is commendable, but again, I bought bitcoins with that money - I didn't place it in a no-interest savings plan for 18 months. I am honestly not happy at all with that appeasement. I appreciate you responding, and honestly attempting to resolve this (which I would like as well), but this is not fair, imo.

I have removed  the negative from your profile while we work towards an amicable solution, and thank you for stepping up.

EDIT: The email you just replied to from feb 2014 even has the order ID, event details, store, and location sent from in it. Would it be worth trying to get a hold of zipzap again about this?
Fuck your stubbornness and accept the fact that you either get $360 or $0 here. Its called bad debt, should've been written off months ago. Charlie is not the person who owes you, it is bitinstant ENTITY that owes which consists of many owners. Charlie did not personally harm you and just like in a court system the CEO of a company is not the one sued here, its the company in general. Either take the $360 or hold your vendetta/stubbornness and walk away with $0. I find it honorable Charlie would offer to pay you $360 as he personally owes you NOTHING.

As the company was doing illegal activity you won't be able to get a judge to give you anything except the $360 you paid AT MOST. Thus, this is your best option here.

Rawted

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:42:14 PM

I've been asking and posting about it here and on IRC for almost two years. It wasn't until I posted here and left you negative feedback that you started coming around and responding again. What is it going to take to resolve this, man?

Rawted,

This was a BitInstant matter, not one of me personally. I've done my best to refund every customer, paying thousands out of my own pocket.

I sent you an email and I am offering again here to fully refund the $360 you deposited that day.

You have my email, as we were in conversation, feel free to email me an address where to mail the check.

I will overnight a FedEx check to you today if you email me your address right now.

-Charlie

Fuck your stubbornness and accept the fact that you either get $360 or $0 here. Its called bad debt, should've been written off months ago. Charlie is not the person who owes you, it is bitinstant ENTITY that owes which consists of many owners. Charlie did not personally harm you and just like in a court system the CEO of a company is not the one sued here, its the company in general. Either take the $360 or hold your vendetta/stubbornness and walk away with $0. I find it honorable Charlie would offer to pay you $360 as he personally owes you NOTHING.

As the company was doing illegal activity you won't be able to get a judge to give you anything except the $360 you paid AT MOST. Thus, this is your best option here.

I'll care about what you say once you take care of your debt to BigBitz.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:45:39 PM

Rawted,

-Charlie

That misunderstanding is still the same shit as right here. He made a mistake, I offer to pay his $250 in BTC at anytime he wishes for him to put it behind him. If BTC reaches $125 a coin I will send the 2 BTC he argues owed to his addy within 24 hours. He is not going to hit the jackpot off an unagreed deal and his mistake. Again, as there was no agreement I argue I owe nothing.

Like you, his stubbornness blinds him from reality, either $250 or $0, there is no convincing otherwise.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 06:50:30 PM

My apologies for making you post that, I didn't know about your bail conditions.

You may not remember, but you forwarded me onto a female support agent via PM because of my post on that thread sometime in april of 2013.

b) wait until the terms of your conditions run out and we pursue it for my full amount (if so, how long is that?)

No apology needed, you are trying to get money owed to you and thats understandable.

a) yes, I can FedEx you a check anytime.
b) You can, but like KingOfSports said, the most you will get from a judge is the $360 refund, which is why I offered it to save you the time.

Charlie is not the person who owes you, it is bitinstant ENTITY that owes which consists of many owners. Charlie did not personally harm you and just like in a court system the CEO of a company is not the one sued here, its the company in general. Either take the $360 or hold your vendetta/stubbornness and walk away with $0. I find it honorable Charlie would offer to pay you $360 as he personally owes you NOTHING.

This is exactly accurate. Although I was trying to say it nicer myself.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Rawted

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:54:00 PM

Rawted,

-Charlie

That misunderstanding is still the same shit as right here. He made a mistake, I offer to pay his $250 in BTC at anytime he wishes for him to put it behind him. If BTC reaches $125 a coin I will send the 2 BTC he argues owed to his addy within 24 hours. He is not going to hit the jackpot off an unagreed deal and his mistake. Again, as there was no agreement I argue I owe nothing.

Like you, his stubbornness blinds him from reality, either $250 or $0, there is no convincing otherwise.
Fair enough. Thank you for your input. I hope you two resolve the issue.
Rawted

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:00:17 PM

No apology needed, you are trying to get money owed to you and thats understandable.

a) yes, I can FedEx you a check anytime.
b) You can, but like KingOfSports said, the most you will get from a judge is the $360 refund, which is why I offered it to save you the time.

Charlie is not the person who owes you, it is bitinstant ENTITY that owes which consists of many owners. Charlie did not personally harm you and just like in a court system the CEO of a company is not the one sued here, its the company in general. Either take the $360 or hold your vendetta/stubbornness and walk away with $0. I find it honorable Charlie would offer to pay you $360 as he personally owes you NOTHING.

This is exactly accurate. Although I was trying to say it nicer myself.
I have sent a PM requesting BTC payout if possible. You'll save on Fedex fees, I'll save on converting it back to BTC.
calim

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:33:19 PM

I have sent a PM requesting BTC payout if possible. You'll save on Fedex fees, I'll save on converting it back to BTC.

Edit: I'm not even legally allowed to send you Bitcoin as a refund, as that constitutes money transmission which I'm guilty of. I can only refund you in the way you paid which is why I offered to FedEx a bank check.

Rawted, he can't send it in BTC. 
Rawted

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:35:11 PM

Edit: I'm not even legally allowed to send you Bitcoin as a refund, as that constitutes money transmission which I'm guilty of. I can only refund you in the way you paid which is why I offered to FedEx a bank check.

My apologies, didn't notice the edit.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 07:35:54 PM

Responded to your PM.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

BTCfan668

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:02:10 PM

I am glad we started to settle the deal finally

the question remains why "my money" was spent in the first place ?
It is a clear sign that there was no respect towards it.
and what is that action telling about intention to give it back ?

why do I have to get it in chunks ?
Who knows how long will it take,
might be just a continuation of a weird game...
time will tell

but one has to admit that there is something really unusual going on here, right ?

It's already been explained in the thread that his understanding of the agreement was that you would be paid when he sold the coins, not when he received them from you.
-snip-
 IMO you are being -snip- greedy
This.

Oh the irony here. Maybe he is LE trying to trip up Charlie again. I wouldn't trust him
bracek (OP)

Activity: 530

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:11:46 AM

the idea is to defuse social pressure and heat with time,
to let this thread sink,
and to not pay in full after all

the btc are still not coming in, title of the thread gets heavier as time passes...

you shall know them by their deeds ?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 10:50:26 AM

to let this thread sink,

the btc are still not coming in, title of the thread gets heavier as time passes...

Maybe you should just both agree to a date by which all owed funds should be paid. It seems to me you agreed to partial payment for stock with the rest to be paid as he sold them. It seems your mistake was agreeing to an arrangement you didn't like in retrospect. Perhaps you two can set a date by which all funds must be paid. This way there is no confusion from anyone if the agreement is complete or not.
bracek (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:10:58 PM

to let this thread sink,

Maybe you should just both agree to a date by which all owed funds should be paid. It seems to me you agreed to partial payment for stock with the rest to be paid as he sold them. It seems your mistake was agreeing to an arrangement you didn't like in retrospect. Perhaps you two can set a date by which all funds must be paid. This way there is no confusion from anyone if the agreement is complete or not.

it should have already been paid, long ago, that is what this thread is all about
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:47:26 PM

to let this thread sink,

it should have already been paid, long ago, that is what this thread is all about

This thread is getting pointless, please stop adding fuel to the Fire.

Whatever the issue was in the past, it's not worth talking about.

Threads don't "sink" nor does social pressure. If I scam you, you come right back here because I promised to pay and it would look worse if I don't.

You will be paid in full, I've alredy started. If I was going to scam you I would not even be responding here or I would argue with you.

I'm not arguing, so let's both relax be professional and adults.

- Charlie

bracek (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:19:21 PM

This thread is getting pointless, please stop adding fuel to the Fire.

Whatever the issue was in the past, it's not worth talking about.

Threads don't "sink" nor does social pressure. If I scam you, you come right back here because I promised to pay and it would look worse if I don't.

You will be paid in full, I've alredy started. If I was going to scam you I would not even be responding here or I would argue with you.

I'm not arguing, so let's both relax be professional and adults.

- Charlie

don't call this thread pointless, it is worth 50 btc to me

and please add another bolt to your statement,
a time limit on all this,

because, what if price goes up and you end up not being able to earn or buy enough btc on the market ?

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 04:09:54 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 04:38:35 PM by Yankee (BitInstant)

don't call this thread pointless, it is worth 50 btc to me

and please add another bolt to your statement,
a time limit on all this,

because, what if price goes up and you end up not being able to earn or buy enough btc on the market ?

I've already emailed you the payment plan a few days ago. Please check your email.

What happens in the market is not your concern. I've already sent you 10 and committed to your plan.

You don't have to keep treating me like a scammer, so angry and childish.

This whole thread, anger, ect could have been avoided if you simply contacted me.

I admit I did not check the forums and see your 2 PM's, but you had my email address, physical address and more.

I've acted like a professional, responded to this thread and dealt with your concerns.

I ask you do the same.

I wrote:

I send 10 BTC starting now and every week I will send the rest.

And you said:

lets see some money first

So then I sent 10 BTC and said:

I will send you another 10-15 next week.

Which you said:

mind you I did not agree to any of your suggestions, please hurry with the rest

So, thats what I offered you and the best timing I can give

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 04:47:43 PM

lets just keep it here in the open
actually, no need for any communication,
just send to this address

1EYn7SvBGm6PGgzq6XCQ74MB5RXvRT7USd

Another 10 BTC sent:

https://blockchain.info/tx/106290a04db44a2a1f6ff455570aae32058ce8adf1d9291f031c7a0768189408

https://blockchain.info/address/1EYn7SvBGm6PGgzq6XCQ74MB5RXvRT7USd

I told you I would send 10 BTC every week, so far this week I sent 20.

----------------------------

20/50 repaid.

10 - https://blockchain.info/tx/1d55cb395f0383b7b54171c30dbfdb06c267184c3723e9fd21d4ba9796852133
10-  https://blockchain.info/tx/106290a04db44a2a1f6ff455570aae32058ce8adf1d9291f031c7a0768189408

bracek (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:47:17 PM

I agree, talk is cheap

20/60 paid

40 more to go
bracek (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:42:26 AM

in case I lose access to any of my accounts here or elsewhere :

the receiving address will stay the same, I don't intend to change it.

can somebody please quote this post, thanx
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: