Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:46:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Shrem is scammer, watch out  (Read 32777 times)
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:03:56 AM

in case I lose access to any of my accounts here or elsewhere :

the receiving address will stay the same, I don't intend to change it.

can somebody please quote this post, thanx

quoted

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 04:18:23 AM

Charlie has, on multiple occasions wanted to confirm that he was sending the bitcoin to the correct address prior to doing so. I think you are being overly dramatic and are trying to make a bigger deal out of a situation that is not a big deal. From what I can tell Charlie honored his end of the agreement, and you wanted to get paid sooner, and opened a scam accusation as a result.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bracek (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:49:41 AM

Charlie has, on multiple occasions wanted to confirm that he was sending the bitcoin to the correct address prior to doing so. I think you are being overly dramatic and are trying to make a bigger deal out of a situation that is not a big deal. From what I can tell Charlie honored his end of the agreement, and you wanted to get paid sooner, and opened a scam accusation as a result.

please bug out, you don't have the complete info on this story,
you don't know all that was said behind the scene

I have been patient and very polite
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 07:30:37 AM

Sorry you don't get to cry out to the community about a "scam" and tell them to "bug out" when you don't like their reply. He is right. The failure here was of both parties to set a definite end date for the debt to be paid BEFORE the trade was conducted. You both hold culpability for this crappy deal.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 12:20:38 PM

Well I have trusted Charlie with a decent chunk of coins upfront and never had an issue. Charlie will get you paid up, but next time a better initial agreement would fix these sort of issues. Charlie is pretty well known so the chances of him scamming you are about 0. I understand that with 160BTC on the line you would be a little nervous (I would be also).
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 02:52:15 PM

Sorry you don't get to cry out to the community about a "scam" and tell them to "bug out" when you don't like their reply. He is right. The failure here was of both parties to set a definite end date for the debt to be paid BEFORE the trade was conducted. You both hold culpability for this crappy deal.

Yep - when you conduct these things in public, we all get the chance to form our own opinions on the persons involved and how they handle things.  And many of us are not shy about expressing out opinions.

BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:51:54 AM

Wow, KingOfSports is going to repay me?! nice.

Thanks Ian. You can send it to my vanity.

1BigBitzyouKT2eVYvHbRUNMkCp9bvAvSu

I look forward to my 2BTC Smiley

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:56:46 PM

Received a check for $360 today From Charlie's accountant. While it's not the 17 remaining BTC from my Bitinstant order (BI's fault, not Charlie's), it is a resolution (and one he didn't have to provide me). Due to the length of time between my original order and today, I grew quite agitated with Charlie, and gave him a ton of flak. He rolled with the punches and in the end took care of me. For this, he has earned my respect and thanks.

Thank you for resolving my long-standing issue with Bitinstant, Charlie. I wish you nothing but continued success.

FattyMcButterpants

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:29:19 PM

If you are going to cry "scam" to the community then you need to be ready for people to question you about the agreement as well about your intentions. If this was a private matter then you would be right to say to "bug out" however once you cried scam you made this a community matter and everyone in the community has the right to question you

EDIT: I see that charlie has refuted that he is actually late in paying you for any of the physical coins, however you have not disputed this claim, which would lead me to believe that you are the one trying to get an advance payment not trying to recover a late payment
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 06:29:30 PM

EDIT: I see that charlie has refuted that he is actually late in paying you for any of the physical coins, however you have not disputed this claim, which would lead me to believe that you are the one trying to get an advance payment not trying to recover a late payment

The disputes and whatever is not relevant anymore.

I have paid him almost half of what is ultimately owed with more BTC being paid this week.

This thread will be updated when I send more payments.

Until then, let's leave it at that. We all have better things to do

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
bracek (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:41:55 PM

payments have stopped,

Charlie said to me , earlier,
that he sold the coins , all but those mentioned here,
even added a remark that he said he could do it fast,

all coins are sold, yet, I am not getting my money back

why ?
Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:13:03 AM

payments have stopped,

Charlie said to me , earlier,
that he sold the coins , all but those mentioned here,
even added a remark that he said he could do it fast,

all coins are sold, yet, I am not getting my money back

why ?
I have looked through the entire thread and do not see anything that would indicate the coins are sold.

It was mentioned that he though he could sell the coins "fast" however this was not defined more precisely.

I hope that you understand that you harassing him on this thread is only going to hamper his ability to sell the coins as any buyer will need to place a certain level of trust in him.

I would think that you are trying to hang his pending sentencing over his head to to try get him to pay you quicker then he agreed so he can not look bad in front of the judge when he is sentenced. This agreement appears to be very clear however you are demanding that the agreement be changed, and you attempt to change it without even telling Charlie that the agreement has changed, but instead open a scam accusation
bracek (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 09:31:29 AM

I have looked through the entire thread and do not see anything that would indicate the coins are sold.

It was mentioned that he though he could sell the coins "fast" however this was not defined more precisely.

I hope that you understand that you harassing him on this thread is only going to hamper his ability to sell the coins as any buyer will need to place a certain level of trust in him.

I would think that you are trying to hang his pending sentencing over his head to to try get him to pay you quicker then he agreed so he can not look bad in front of the judge when he is sentenced. This agreement appears to be very clear however you are demanding that the agreement be changed, and you attempt to change it without even telling Charlie that the agreement has changed, but instead open a scam accusation

coins are sold, at least he said so through pm-s
months ago

than I waited some more after the last coins were sold,

and he makes me wait some more now

all this seems weird and overreacted only because I did not show our private messages here,
if you saw them, than you would be quiet or would say something else

you think I just happened to write he is a scammer ?
for fun ?

and don't take what he said here as absolute truth,
as I said in a negative feedback, it is a very smooth play
that is going on here...

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 01:18:12 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2014, 01:37:47 PM by Yankee (BitInstant)

coins are sold, at least he said so through pm-s
months ago

all this seems weird and overreacted only because I did not show our private messages here,
if you saw them, than you would be quiet or would say something else

Yes, in a few private messages I said they were sold. I would also send you the BTC immediately when I got the package, because I had commitments for alot of the coins.  In 1 PM I even told you:

Package is at the post office, Im going to pick it up on Monday...........As soon as I pick up the package, I will send you this BTC Smiley

In reality, however, (as I said earlier) not all the coins were sold.I was prepaying you because I had commitments to sell the coins. Some of those commitments did not go thru.

I already admit to setting a bad precedent and paying you before all the coins were sold. However, that does not make me a scammer.

you think I just happened to write he is a scammer ?
for fun ?

and don't take what he said here as absolute truth,
as I said in a negative feedback, it is a very smooth play
that is going on here...

Yes, you could have easily called my phone, emailed me, and you have my address and real name as well.

Instead, you made a scammer post here and on reddit and i've proved to you and everyone I am not a scammer.

You don't have to keep treating me like a scammer, so angry and childish.

This whole thread, anger, ect could have been avoided if you simply contacted me personally.

I've acted like a professional, started to pay you, responded to this thread and dealt with your concerns.

I ask you do the same.

lets just keep it here in the open
actually, no need for any communication,
just send to this address

1EYn7SvBGm6PGgzq6XCQ74MB5RXvRT7USd

Another 10 BTC sent:

https://blockchain.info/tx/106290a04db44a2a1f6ff455570aae32058ce8adf1d9291f031c7a0768189408

https://blockchain.info/address/1EYn7SvBGm6PGgzq6XCQ74MB5RXvRT7USd

I told you I would send 10 BTC every week, so far this week I sent 20.

----------------------------

20/50 repaid.

10 - https://blockchain.info/tx/1d55cb395f0383b7b54171c30dbfdb06c267184c3723e9fd21d4ba9796852133
10-  https://blockchain.info/tx/106290a04db44a2a1f6ff455570aae32058ce8adf1d9291f031c7a0768189408

I told you I would send you a payment each week, last week I sent 2 payments to show you Im not a scammer. Next week you will get another payment.

These is no point in constantly responding this thread, all we are doing is going back and forth and fighting for no reason. The thread is public and everyone can see it. It is not going anywhere.

If you want to fight "I am right, you are wrong" then OK we can do it. However I am not wasting anymore time fighting with you. I am trying to be mature.

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
bracek (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:50:09 PM

look,
you keep polishing your story, but only when I squeeze a bit more,
I stand same ground from the beginning

another thing,
you are making ad hominems and using your social leverage over me,
while I am here because you hold my money,
not quite the same weight of argument,
so don't take position of being mature about this and trying to make me seem childish

as you said, I had the information you sold the coins, and did not get money for a long time,
than you stopped responding to my messages here,

so, what does it look like ?

I doubt "a phone call" would settle anything,
when public pressure in this thread yielded only a fraction of the debt in so much time.

jakedeez

Activity: 512

ICO is evil

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 05:24:47 PM

Barcek,

Whatever your issue maybe with Charlie, he is dealing with you in a professional, calm, clear, and straightforward manner.  If you are getting weekly payments where he is paying you for physicals he hasn't even sold yet, I really think you should settle down here.  At this pace you'll be fully paid within a month.  Charlie has publicly stated you'll be paid in that time frame.  I personally don't know of anything more solid you could have him say.  You've gotten assurances, and you're getting paid.  What more do you want here?
bracek (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:53:25 PM

Barcek,

Whatever your issue maybe with Charlie, he is dealing with you in a professional, calm, clear, and straightforward manner.  If you are getting weekly payments where he is paying you for physicals he hasn't even sold yet, I really think you should settle down here.  At this pace you'll be fully paid within a month.  Charlie has publicly stated you'll be paid in that time frame.  I personally don't know of anything more solid you could have him say.  You've gotten assurances, and you're getting paid.  What more do you want here?

please,

Whatever your issue maybe with Charlie, he is dealing with you in a professional, calm, clear, and straightforward manner.

pick on him not being consistent in his statements, using ad hominems and so on,
I just want my money

If you are getting weekly payments

I am not getting weekly payments
come on, whose boy are you ?
why post here if you just skimmed through this thread, if even that ?

At this pace you'll be fully paid within a month.

actually, I will not, check the dates, and you will see it to
and come back here to check what happens a month from now...

Charlie has publicly stated you'll be paid in that time frame.

he said a lot of things...

What more do you want here ?
what do you want, what is your interest here ?
I have been polite all the way
Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 07:06:07 PM

look,
you keep polishing your story, but only when I squeeze a bit more,
I stand same ground from the beginning

There shouldn't be any need for him to polish more or for you to squeeze more.  You are being belligerent in a way almost everybody reading you is going to think is unnecessary and counterproductive.  I know I certainly wouldn't make any agreements with you after seeing all of this.  They way you are handling this is something I would want to avoid dealing with at all costs, and I'm sure lots of people feel the same as me.

Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 07:07:20 PM

I have been polite all the way

Not in my opinion.  Being polite means avoiding namecalling, among other things.

You feel you have been wronged, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Most people reading this thread don't feel you have been wronged.

Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 07:09:49 PM

I agree, talk is cheap

20/60 paid

40 more to go

This status appears to be unchanged looking at blockchain.info:

https://blockchain.info/address/1EYn7SvBGm6PGgzq6XCQ74MB5RXvRT7USd

I suggest contacting Charlie privately and asking if he is going to send 10 BTC this week.  If he doesn't send it or indicates he isn't going to, then you start getting public about it.

Don't start everything out at red alert.  It makes you look like the kind of person most of us are going to want to have no dealings with.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: