Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:02:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Triangles [TRI] - low supply X13 PoS over TOR with secure messaging  (Read 102255 times)
Kubaba

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:26:33 PM

Hello All,

I am  a guy completely new to the world of cryptocurrencies, my first thing yesterday was establishing a wallet and today buying small amount of Golem.
Now I know I want as the next thing get my hands on Triangles, getting 100 or more of them, just have no idea where can I buy them.

I would really appreciate, and will be happy to share some of the TRI once I get them, if some of you experienced would give me a helping hand.

Hope you will understand the anxiety of a newbie ´who is coming into a room full of people he never saw and who know each other and are engaged in conversation. :-)

Many thanks for the consideration.

All the best,
K.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoburst61

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 10:18:31 AM

Hello All,

I am  a guy completely new to the world of cryptocurrencies, my first thing yesterday was establishing a wallet and today buying small amount of Golem.
Now I know I want as the next thing get my hands on Triangles, getting 100 or more of them, just have no idea where can I buy them.

I would really appreciate, and will be happy to share some of the TRI once I get them, if some of you experienced would give me a helping hand.

Hope you will understand the anxiety of a newbie ´who is coming into a room full of people he never saw and who know each other and are engaged in conversation. :-)

Many thanks for the consideration.

All the best,
K.

Hello

I am like you because I just learn about triangles from someone promoting it on twitter so I do a search in this forum and find this thread. I already buy some triangles to get started staking but I only buy a small amount first to see if it stakes good and is worth my time to stake. You can buy triangles from cryptopia https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=TRI_BTC this is the only exchange you can buy triangles on at this time.
steve0nz

Activity: 358

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:31:55 AM

Hey team

A group of us are looking to relaunch this fantastic coin!

We have seen the huge potential for it's future and we need all the help we can get.

If you are interested in helping out with this coin. Please reply below with what you can do to help and I will get the ball rolling.

I will start off... I am a Marking/Product Manager with over 15 years experience in IT/Software. I will help with the digital marketing, content and media channels.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2017, 10:17:01 AM

This is great news!

I do have some questions though.

1. Will Triangles stay POS?

2. Will the total supply of 120k remain the same?

3. Will the APR interest stay at 33%?

Now I can help out with promoting the newly launched Triangles on Twitter and other social media sites. I'm not a tech guy so I can help in that area, I will help this coin anyway I can as I really love this coin and want to see it succeed as people can see from my posts in here. This is what needed to happen for this coin to grow as it's basically not going anywhere at the moment with no links working, no website or block explorer so I'm happy to see this.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
steve0nz

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 10:02:39 PM

Great questions.

This coin is amazing, show me a bank account that gives 30% interest!

At this stage our aim is to establish a new brand and messaging.

We won't be touching the architecture of this coin for some time. However we will be setting up a dev fund (by donation) and marketing fund.

I am a marketing manager in the day and need all the help we can get. So far by 'we', there is only two of us and it looks like we have a third!

A few things we need before we begin:
Approval for a re-brand and a new website (I will pay for this)
Access to this ANN, so we can update the links/branding and any other social channels, reddit, twitter etc.

A question about the Tor feature - does this make transactions anonymous like Zcash?
steve0nz

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:24:45 AM

Just set up a subreddit - follow me over there for any updates!

https://www.reddit.com/r/tricoin/
vella85

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 06:07:34 AM

Great questions.

This coin is amazing, show me a bank account that gives 30% interest!

At this stage our aim is to establish a new brand and messaging.

We won't be touching the architecture of this coin for some time. However we will be setting up a dev fund (by donation) and marketing fund.

I am a marketing manager in the day and need all the help we can get. So far by 'we', there is only two of us and it looks like we have a third!

A few things we need before we begin:
Approval for a re-brand and a new website (I will pay for this)
Access to this ANN, so we can update the links/branding and any other social channels, reddit, twitter etc.

A question about the Tor feature - does this make transactions anonymous like Zcash?

Well that is good, with social media I don't believe this coin has a Twitter so maybe you could start one. If it does I haven't come across one and I have looked for a Triangles Twitter for a while. I have never used reddit but if that is where you will be posting updates I'll be sure to bookmark that thread on there. I hope you get an answer on whether you can take control on this thread and other things associated with Triangles because the sooner these changes take place the better for the coin to start growing again. Right now it might be a good time to start accumulating more cheap Triangles as the price has come down a lot but that is with almost all Altcoins.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
steve0nz

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:38:48 AM

Thank, I am still waiting on a response.

Do you know of others who can help?

Can you help me understand if Tor means anonymity with transactions?
steve0nz

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:01:38 AM

I'm trialing the wallet, is the one on the website safe? I received numerous errors and my virus scanner has given me a warning.

https://info.triangles.technology/downloads/triangles-win32_qt_v4210_black_pharao.zip

CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:43:04 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 12:01:56 PM by CoinCollector006

This coin has a compelling value proposition with limited supply, high staking 30%+ and encrypted messages. This is at least a 10 bagger from the current market cap around $150K.

I would like to be part of the team that realunches Triangles. I can help with web SEO, social media promotion, donations and infrastructure testing/support.

TrianglesDev, are you OK with BCT community members setting up a Slack channel to assemble a team and kickstart development for this coin?

Bitcoin prices are down, but this still feels liked an overlooked business model that could appreciate with hard work by a motivated team.

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
vella85

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 11:41:52 PM

I'm trialing the wallet, is the one on the website safe? I received numerous errors and my virus scanner has given me a warning.

https://info.triangles.technology/downloads/triangles-win32_qt_v4210_black_pharao.zip

When I downloaded the wallet a few months ago I never got any virus warnings or errors so not sure why it's showing now. It could be a false warning like so many wallet give.

robox used to help out a lot in this thread but I haven't seen this member for a while in here, apart from other members in the community I don't really know any. Most of the Triangles supporters are on discord https://discord.gg/RJaX8YS so you might have better luck asking in there. I'm sorry I can't help with Tor feature as I don't really understand it myself lol I just got into Triangles because of the low supply and the yearly interest and also I liked that it has been around for a few years and still going.

CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:23:40 AM

This is great news!

Now I can help out with promoting the newly launched Triangles on Twitter and other social media sites. I'm not a tech guy so I can help in that area, I will help this coin anyway I can as I really love this coin and want to see it succeed as people can see from my posts in here. This is what needed to happen for this coin to grow as it's basically not going anywhere at the moment with no links working, no website or block explorer so I'm happy to see this.

I did some thinking about long term scalability for TRI and have a proposal for the TRI community to consider.  

1. Yes, it would stay Proof of Stake.

2. Recommend an increase in the supply of coins to 160K to 200K.  The TRI blockchain is already at 95.7K coins versus the planned total supply of 120K coins (see the explorer https://explorer.triangles.technology). This means we have less than one year left of earning 33% until we reach the maximum supply of 120K shares. Once we reach 120K, the only potential growth/revenue left would be from transaction fees and I am not sure this is sufficient return to motivate PoS miners to maintain the network.

3. The APR needs adjustment, but how to do so and still motivate miners?

Option A - yearly inflation mirrors bitcoin, TRI becomes a deflationary platform (I recommend this approach)
staking rate is cut in half every 6 to 12 months from the current 33%, 16.5% in period 1, 8.25% in period 2 and reduces by 50% each subsequent period.

Option B - yearly inflation reaches a steady state rate that the community agrees is viable
staking rate gradually decreases from the current 33%, 16.5% in year 1, 8.25.5% in year 2 and stays at 8.25% for all subsequent years. With this approach TRI will have meaningful inflation in the number of coins over time.  

@Vella85, what are your thoughts on either proposal? Obviously this would need to be vetted by the TRI community and would require code updates / wallets.

I created a Slack channel to discuss, we welcome the community to join us and discuss improvements to the platform including the website and social media channels.
https://join.slack.com/t/trianglesdev/shared_invite/MjQzMDEzMjU5ODQ3LTE1MDU0OTYxNzItMTY2YTc2ODQyNw

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
cryptoburst61

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 09:39:52 AM

I think the total supply for triangle is low at 120.000 coins. i think it should be at 1 million or even higher at 5 million total coins supply. This way triangles can keep the 30% per year, or the percent can also be lowered to 10% or 20% per year. That is still a good return per year on triangles.
steve0nz

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:16:47 AM

I like the idea of increasing the supply to say 200K with a decreasing reward, just like how Bitcoin works.

I'm not a big fan of high inflation coins, this would pose a risk to anyone who is investing in the long term f we suddenly open this coin up to 1M tokens. Limiting it to say 200,000 tokens and reducing the reward by 50% every 6 or 8 would be sufficient.

My only questions is, how would we do this?
SwaveyMane

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 08:49:52 PM

I like the idea of increasing the supply to say 200K with a decreasing reward, just like how Bitcoin works.

I'm not a big fan of high inflation coins, this would pose a risk to anyone who is investing in the long term f we suddenly open this coin up to 1M tokens. Limiting it to say 200,000 tokens and reducing the reward by 50% every 6 or 8 would be sufficient.

My only questions is, how would we do this?

why oh why increase the supply the shit is fine.

i think its fine the way it is.

been promoting coin since it hit 1.16 march april, been pushing it to some of the youtube streamers communitys.
when it hit 3.90 -7 had no idea it would go 16$ this is a rare cold storage chest maker, we just need another exchange.
ths is a solid 15$+ coin with the low, volume

donate if you would like to i dont hold a large amount of tri but i have kept my node on everyday for 2 years. on a old ass dell win 7 pc lol
tri TRc6nH62aZnXtm41R2skJWrU2jwfJo3Bat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1cwlHjdm70

https://steemit.com/altcoin/@swaveymane/triangles-coin-proof-of-stake-33-wallet-review-usdtri-btc

https://steemit.com/@swaveymane
https://twitter.com/SwaveyMane
http://[Suspicious link removed]/2iBM2ac swaveymane youtube

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/...

proof of stake coin 33% interest
$tri  cryptocurrency btc

triangles wallet and blockchain bootstrap
http://[Suspicious link removed]/2whOQwn

check out the TRI giveaway! giving away 1.00 TRI! enter now
http://[Suspicious link removed]/2waSJog

community discord channel
discord.me/triangles

COME PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS IN THE GAME ROOM. OR TALK ABOUT TRIANGLES EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
robox

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 09:45:24 PM

I think the total supply for triangle is low at 120.000 coins. i think it should be at 1 million or even higher at 5 million total coins supply. This way triangles can keep the 30% per year, or the percent can also be lowered to 10% or 20% per year. That is still a good return per year on triangles.

increasing supply will make this coin less rare.. i dont think you know why..

do you like rare coins? check out http://unobtanium.uno/ and http://www.triangles.network please follow me on twitter @heyrobok.. join my discord server @ http://discord.me/triangles
robox

Activity: 138

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 09:50:18 PM

Why triangle dev no activity from june 2016? Shocked

TRI is working fine. No need to do anything for me.

Well this is a big surprise to see you post in here lol its been a long time since we have seen you dev! True there isn't anything you need to do as Triangles is working fine however do you have any plans to make Triangles useful for something? Right now its just a coin where people earn interest but has no real use so that is what I think people would want to see if Triangles can have a practical use in the world.

No plans. I am the guy who fixed TRI after it got abandoned by the original dev (see "History" in 1st post) - nothing more, nothing less.  I don't have the spare time at hand (and the motivation) to do more than a general monitoring of the overall TRI network condition - which is perfectly fine as of now.

In case anyone else wants to step up and take matters in his or her hands (for example a new website), feel free to drop me a note.

i have purchased the domain http://www.triangles.network/ and am ready to move forward..ive been really busy with other things in life..so excuse me.

good things in life take time ;]

if you got the time...   lets brainstorm together.. please come to the discord and lets chat! ;]  YOU know WHY!

do you like rare coins? check out http://unobtanium.uno/ and http://www.triangles.network please follow me on twitter @heyrobok.. join my discord server @ http://discord.me/triangles
steve0nz

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 11:53:34 PM

increasing supply will make this coin less rare.. i dont think you know why..

Clearly increasing supply will make this coin less rare. Have you considered that once the reward is gone, what proposition will triangles have?

What would you rather have, a rare coin worth $2 or $200?

As mentioned above, if we keep on going the way we are, the reward will be gone in less than 12 months! And then no one will want to invest.

We are offering some stability and a future to TRI, it will easily hit 50M cap which is far more return than 33%!

I have worked on these projects a few times, turning a small coin into something great. Its the communities choce, leave this coin to die in 12 months once the reward is gone, or 200x with a smart direction and leaders who are invested. 

vella85

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 12:12:55 AM

This is great news!

I did some thinking about long term scalability for TRI and have a proposal for the TRI community to consider.  

2. Recommend an increase in the supply of coins to 160K to 200K.  The TRI blockchain is already at 95.7K coins versus the planned total supply of 120K coins (see the explorer https://explorer.triangles.technology). This means we have less than one year left of earning 33% until we reach the maximum supply of 120K shares. Once we reach 120K, the only potential growth/revenue left would be from transaction fees and I am not sure this is sufficient return to motivate PoS miners to maintain the network.

Option A - yearly inflation mirrors bitcoin, TRI becomes a deflationary platform (I recommend this approach)
staking rate is cut in half every 6 to 12 months from the current 33%, 16.5% in period 1, 8.25% in period 2 and reduces by 50% each subsequent period.

Option B - yearly inflation reaches a steady state rate that the community agrees is viable
staking rate gradually decreases from the current 33%, 16.5% in year 1, 8.25.5% in year 2 and stays at 8.25% for all subsequent years. With this approach TRI will have meaningful inflation in the number of coins over time.  

@Vella85, what are your thoughts on either proposal? Obviously this would need to be vetted by the TRI community and would require code updates / wallets.

I created a Slack channel to discuss, we welcome the community to join us and discuss improvements to the platform including the website and social media channels.
https://join.slack.com/t/trianglesdev/shared_invite/MjQzMDEzMjU5ODQ3LTE1MDU0OTYxNzItMTY2YTc2ODQyNw

I think everyone has valued points on which direction Triangles need to take. I actually like that Triangles increase the total coin supply but it's finding that balance. I see people say that the coin won't be rare any more but just look at some of the other low supply coins that have a couple million coins. There price is high while Triangles is around $2.50 currently. When it hit $16 that was mostly from hype on Twitter as I have noticed some guys on there have a huge impact on prices with some POS coins. When they tweet Bang! that coin shoots up in price, now as we could see if this coin had value that price would of help at $16 for a long period of time and not come down to the level we are at. So it was just a pump so I think there needs to be changes and increasing the coin supply is a step in the right direction. I think 500k to 1 million is a good amount and the coin will still be rare compared to most other Altcoins out there. We also need future developments as what is the sense in buying Triangles? Just think a 500k supply is small at the current price as it would just be over 1 million marketcap $10 5 million $100 50 million and where the big coins are at 500 million marketcap would make Triangles value at 1k so I'm all for a increase in coin supply and I vote for 500k as that is an even amount and a good amount to have in my opinion.

SwaveyMane

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:34:45 AM

This is great news!

I think everyone has valued points on which direction Triangles need to take. I actually like that Triangles increase the total coin supply but it's finding that balance. I see people say that the coin won't be rare any more but just look at some of the other low supply coins that have a couple million coins. There price is high while Triangles is around $2.50 currently. When it hit $16 that was mostly from hype on Twitter as I have noticed some guys on there have a huge impact on prices with some POS coins. When they tweet Bang! that coin shoots up in price, now as we could see if this coin had value that price would of help at $16 for a long period of time and not come down to the level we are at. So it was just a pump so I think there needs to be changes and increasing the coin supply is a step in the right direction. I think 500k to 1 million is a good amount and the coin will still be rare compared to most other Altcoins out there. We also need future developments as what is the sense in buying Triangles? Just think a 500k supply is small at the current price as it would just be over 1 million marketcap $10 5 million $100 50 million and where the big coins are at 500 million marketcap would make Triangles value at 1k so I'm all for a increase in coin supply and I vote for 500k as that is an even amount and a good amount to have in my opinion.

it wasnt twitterbangs, it was promotion to all the coin youtube live streamers, and telling them about the coin, and their users listened and bought some aswell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: