Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:24:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner New R-Box Setup [HD]  (Read 23526 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 06:24:20 AM

I am new here but from all the searching on the web and such I'm seeing that the recommended settings for the new rBox is 350  command line should be something like:
cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --rock-freq 350 -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u usernameone_1 -p 12345

330 should get you up to full speed.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spineshank624

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:09:48 AM

ahh ok so I was using the American sellers specs but when I go to Rockminer they state that its a 110 gh machine. The seller is saying that its a 120 gh machine and they also provided the cgminer. Thanks Cheesy
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2014, 07:47:31 PM

ahh ok so I was using the American sellers specs but when I go to Rockminer they state that its a 110 gh machine. The seller is saying that its a 120 gh machine and they also provided the cgminer. Thanks Cheesy

Yeah they're ~100Gh, after that you're likely blowing power for the sake of it.

Exodus420

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 11:47:53 PM

is it normal to see WU: 4.2/m or is that too low a rate
FSI

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:52:00 PM

Finally got my New R-Box running today – was trying the setup with a Raspberry PI B+ / and cgminer, but I couldn’t find a working disk image…Gave up and connected the New R-box to my laptop – works fine for now, ordered the older Raspberry PI…

Set the --rock freq to 350 and I am seeing gh/s anywhere from 120 to 159…The average is 132 gh/s  Grin…I hope i don’t burn the box out, but this was the setting recommended by  eyeboot.com…

Question – Are there any links out there on how to connect multiple R-Boxes?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 11:12:03 AM

Finally got my New R-Box running today – was trying the setup with a Raspberry PI B+ / and cgminer, but I couldn’t find a working disk image…Gave up and connected the New R-box to my laptop – works fine for now, ordered the older Raspberry PI…

Set the --rock freq to 350 and I am seeing gh/s anywhere from 120 to 159…The average is 132 gh/s  Grin…I hope i don’t burn the box out, but this was the setting recommended by  eyeboot.com…

Question – Are there any links out there on how to connect multiple R-Boxes?

What are you getting at the pool? There should be no difference with using multiple R-boxes, just put them on a powered hub and you're good to go.

FSI

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 06:00:33 AM

Yup, Slush's avg ghs is bringing me back down to reality...Its stating 114.5...

But I am noticing a big difference in ghs depending on which version of CGminer i am using...4.5 & 4.6 show the biggest ghs,  4.7 & 4.8 are more or less in-line with what i am getting at the pool...I won't load 4.9 because my virus-scan thinks CGminer is infected and quarantines it - Lol...

Still running the box at -- rock freq 350 - temps around 35c with ambient temps of 16c...was running at 43c with ambient temps of 24c...Did R-Box put out a recommendation on temps?

Dogie - thanks for the advice on multiple R-boxes and putting this post up...

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 12:15:09 PM

Yup, Slush's avg ghs is bringing me back down to reality...Its stating 114.5...

But I am noticing a big difference in ghs depending on which version of CGminer i am using...4.5 & 4.6 show the biggest ghs,  4.7 & 4.8 are more or less in-line with what i am getting at the pool...I won't load 4.9 because my virus-scan thinks CGminer is infected and quarantines it - Lol...

Still running the box at -- rock freq 350 - temps around 35c with ambient temps of 16c...was running at 43c with ambient temps of 24c...Did R-Box put out a recommendation on temps?

Dogie - thanks for the advice on multiple R-boxes and putting this post up...

They're BE200s so can run quite a bit hotter without problems, like 50C hotter before you even consider them hot. CGMiner displays may differ because CK may have altered displays or code for certain products in between versions, but the latest version is always going to be the best.

Bernik

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:16:31 AM

Hi, newbie here. We talked by email. As I was saying, I'm interested in starting solo mining. I've already a pool in which I have 2 HashCloud contracts ( https://cointellect.com/?code=f3c72dc1 ) and so I'd like to mine there. The cryptocoin is Dogecoin so I think this miner (which doesn't work with scrypt mining) can't be used.
I was wondering if It's a good choiche to keep mining there or to try this miner and move on. In any case, could you suggest me some good scrypt miners to start with that doesn't exceed 200$ ?
Thanks in advance.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 02:23:57 AM

Hi, newbie here. We talked by email. As I was saying, I'm interested in starting solo mining. I've already a pool in which I have 2 HashCloud contracts ( https://cointellect.com/?code=f3c72dc1 ) and so I'd like to mine there. The cryptocoin is Dogecoin so I think this miner (which doesn't work with scrypt mining) can't be used.
I was wondering if It's a good choiche to keep mining there or to try this miner and move on. In any case, could you suggest me some good scrypt miners to start with that doesn't exceed 200$ ?
Thanks in advance.

Correct, this miner won't work for dogecoin as its sha256 not scypt. I'm not actually sure what the current beginner scypt hardware is as that side of the market has gone a bit weird since GAW went rogue.

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 03:08:37 AM

I'm not actually sure what the current beginner scypt hardware is as that side of the market has gone a bit weird since GAW went rogue.
tbh, the altcoin asic mining market was only non-weird for a short time as it is.  Bernik, we can pick this up in the altcoins section or over on litecointalk (search that section/forum first though), but given your limited budget you're pretty much looking at older tech as it is.. dualminers (USB or the 5-chip 'infinity' pod), or Zeus Blizzard.  Pretty much everything else is either vaporware, or well over your budget.  And yes, then there's the GAW thing in particular, but hosted/cloud mining in general.

mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 04:39:31 PM

Just purchased one to add to my collection of Misc miners to tinker with in my spare time. Will post some info on getting it running on a raspberry pi shortly after i get it
ca7alyst

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:01:54 PM

Hey,

got my own pair of Rockminer New R-Box'es. Both are working flawlessly, but the noise of the fan is bothering me. I found some dealers/websites who are selling New R-Box (Silent Mod) - does anybody know anything about these mods?

I have taken my R-Box apart - 70mm fans@12V connected via 2Pin JST PH Connector to the board. Do I need to replace the fans with quieter ones or is there a quicker way - e.g. resistor-mod/command mod cgminer...

Thanks in advance.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 03:54:17 PM

Hey,

got my own pair of Rockminer New R-Box'es. Both are working flawlessly, but the noise of the fan is bothering me. I found some dealers/websites who are selling New R-Box (Silent Mod) - does anybody know anything about these mods?

I have taken my R-Box apart - 70mm fans@12V connected via 2Pin JST PH Connector to the board. Do I need to replace the fans with quieter ones or is there a quicker way - e.g. resistor-mod/command mod cgminer...

Thanks in advance.

Fan resistor cables would be the easiest / quickest / most reversible / cheapest method. You'll find them everywhere (Newegg, Amazon etc).

shackfromchi

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 02:45:27 PM

Just received my New R-Box and very puzzling thing happens when I try to power it up, I have tried 3 different PSUs and when I turn them on I get nothing from the R-box and in all 3 cases the PSU dies instantly when I plug the Miner in hot.  I suspect there is something wired wrong in the New R-Box but before i go rooting around in it I thought I would see if anyone else has had this issue.  Thanks in advance.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:56:35 PM

Just received my New R-Box and very puzzling thing happens when I try to power it up, I have tried 3 different PSUs and when I turn them on I get nothing from the R-box and in all 3 cases the PSU dies instantly when I plug the Miner in hot.  I suspect there is something wired wrong in the New R-Box but before i go rooting around in it I thought I would see if anyone else has had this issue.  Thanks in advance.

Probably worth opening it up and having a look. What power supplies were you using?

hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:11:43 PM

Hot plugging a PSU is a bad, bad, bad idea, especially if you have turned on the power to the PSU without any other load such as a fan.
shackfromchi

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 06:30:54 PM

Probably worth opening it up and having a look. What power supplies were you using?

I have a CoolerMaster 460W, Solid Gear 400W, and also tried an Ultra 650W.  The CoolerMaster and Ultra were in machines with mother boards and the Solid Gear i jumpered the pin-out as instructed in your guide.

I did go ahead and open it up and outside of one dollop of white conduct paste on the pins of the Power connection (cleaned off, tried power up again with no success) there does not seem to be any errant solder.

any sort of voltmeter/ohmmeter tests I should try on the New R-box? or is it DOA?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 12:50:02 AM

I have a CoolerMaster 460W, Solid Gear 400W, and also tried an Ultra 650W.  The CoolerMaster and Ultra were in machines with mother boards and the Solid Gear i jumpered the pin-out as instructed in your guide.

I did go ahead and open it up and outside of one dollop of white conduct paste on the pins of the Power connection (cleaned off, tried power up again with no success) there does not seem to be any errant solder.

any sort of voltmeter/ohmmeter tests I should try on the New R-box? or is it DOA?

It seems unlikely that it would be DOA, these are pretty simply machines but I have nothing other to suggest.

AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:41:00 AM

is it normal to see WU: 4.2/m or is that too low a rate

thats hella low, im getting ~1000/m

check you hash speed, check your accepted/rejected/hardware error rates, make sure you're not getting to many hw numbers, and rejects, may need to change/update mining software
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: