Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:38:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 491695 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 11:43:38 AM

Question about distribution. All i have to do is to open my wallet here for at  least 24hrs?  https://account.horizonplatform.io/   

You need a hallmarked node to receive the node bounty. Stake bounty kicks in at around 3-4k HZ if I recall correctly.

Here is the tutorial for creating a hallmark node that I used:
http://files.nhzcrypto.org/docs/hallmark.pdf

You need a fixed IP to run a hallmarked node.

Here's a video too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpwHFXlwqjY&list=UUmMGqO_iKS24QvILLims0HQ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:51:05 AM

People aren't upgrading to the newest version and they are running nodes on a fork which is causing syncing issues. We are releasing our next client update this week, and users will have 1 week to update until the unupdated nodes are blacklisted. (You will stop receiving node payouts if you don't update.)
https://bitbucket.org/MattWo/nhz-source/downloads

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:51:42 AM

" I have an idea for Horizon HZ that I think is interesting, this is not approved or official, and maybe everyone will love it or hate it, this is just an idea I want to bring to everyone to see what they think of it. The idea is a weekly 1 million Horizon Distribution, or "Lottery," based on the Rich List, or the top 100 holders. (Excluding Blocknet obviously or any Bounty distribution account - just individuals that hold Horizon in the top 100)
Each week there would be some provably fair drawing for 1 million Horizon, there might not be the means to fund it, but I think a live video of real lottery balls being mixed up and drawn out would be the most fun. (Harder to prove fair, or would that be easier?) Short of that, some cryptographic provably fair method that is 100% trusted. Ideally with at least some sort of fun visuals that people could tune in and watch.
In my opinion this would give incentive for people to want to be in the top 100 holders, part of the top 100 rich list. As we are a small community and low priced coin/platform, this is pretty easy to do at this point. Technically this should be very easy to be certain of the top 100 people. Maybe this would incentivize people to buy more to stay in the top 100, get in the top 100, especially on the lower end to get into the top 100. (More demand, and more fun?!)
Four winners a month is a lot, and those people would likely be very loyal to Horizon once they had a big giveaway like that. Word of mouth could get around. My idea was that this is taken out of the monthly bounties. I have not asked Nick Cote or anyone on the team about it, but I am sure sending it to four addresses a month would not be a difficult task. Now, if previous winners should be excluded or not, I am not sure, or if team members should not be included, not sure, but perhaps everyone should be incentivized to want to stay or get in the top 100? What does everything think, great idea, terrible? Thoughts? "

xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:01:06 AM

" I have an idea for Horizon HZ that I think is interesting, this is not approved or official, and maybe everyone will love it or hate it, this is just an idea I want to bring to everyone to see what they think of it. The idea is a weekly 1 million Horizon Distribution, or "Lottery," based on the Rich List, or the top 100 holders. (Excluding Blocknet obviously or any Bounty distribution account - just individuals that hold Horizon in the top 100)
Each week there would be some provably fair drawing for 1 million Horizon, there might not be the means to fund it, but I think a live video of real lottery balls being mixed up and drawn out would be the most fun. (Harder to prove fair, or would that be easier?) Short of that, some cryptographic provably fair method that is 100% trusted. Ideally with at least some sort of fun visuals that people could tune in and watch.
In my opinion this would give incentive for people to want to be in the top 100 holders, part of the top 100 rich list. As we are a small community and low priced coin/platform, this is pretty easy to do at this point. Technically this should be very easy to be certain of the top 100 people. Maybe this would incentivize people to buy more to stay in the top 100, get in the top 100, especially on the lower end to get into the top 100. (More demand, and more fun?!)
Four winners a month is a lot, and those people would likely be very loyal to Horizon once they had a big giveaway like that. Word of mouth could get around. My idea was that this is taken out of the monthly bounties. I have not asked Nick Cote or anyone on the team about it, but I am sure sending it to four addresses a month would not be a difficult task. Now, if previous winners should be excluded or not, I am not sure, or if team members should not be included, not sure, but perhaps everyone should be incentivized to want to stay or get in the top 100? What does everything think, great idea, terrible? Thoughts? "

Well before we discuss the merit of the idea I gotta ask one thing. If you haven't asked Nick Cote why are you posting from Pizpie account? I thought they are one and the same

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:11:33 AM

Well before we discuss the merit of the idea I gotta ask one thing. If you haven't asked Nick Cote why are you posting from Pizpie account? I thought they are one and the same

I am Nick Cote! This was a post from one of our team members on our Facebook page, that's why I used quotation marks. Tongue

Another post from our Facebook page:
" Should all development funding information for Horizon be publicly available to everyone? This would basically be who on the team gets what, exactly, and what they are being paid for. Any contractor work done would be in a report, how much they are paid. Full transparency of funding. I think this would improve trust, a lot, and is essential. People in the community have brought it up, so why not decide on it together? So, please vote and let everyone know what you think. "

My Response was this:

I like the idea.
I'm thinking a monthly newsletter that will include development funding reports, status of developments, updated bounties, and any other relevant information to Horizon + Blocknet.

xizmax

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:29:18 AM

Mate, disambiguate. You know how jumpy and paranoid people here are (me included), with all the crap going on in crypto.

Ok, then, onto ideas now.

Holders lottery is a decent idea. However, I'm not sure about the amount. How would an additional 1mil a day factor into intended distribution?

With regards to disclosing of distribution, I do not require full transparency as proposed. That being said, it might indeed build trust and bring more "legitimacy" to the entire endeavor.

In short, if the team is open to being that transparent, I do not immediately see a way it could hurt.

BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:36:41 AM

Lottery is a good idea. It promotes the buying and holding in the wallet.
Transparency is always good. Only if someone prefers to keep his name private, there should be room for that.
CRYPTONAIRE

Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:47:08 PM

Yes, very good idea.  But where is there a Horizon Rich List??    Roll Eyes

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
xizmax

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:26:33 PM

It is on the site, Accounts list

https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=accounts

Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:21:32 PM

Michael is in the middle of moving to his new place, and his internet won't be up until tomorrow. The explorer will remain down until then, but he also is going to be re-writing the explorer software to clean up the backend and eliminate all these issues that have been occurring.

Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:22:12 PM

Developers  / Blocknet won't be eligable for the lottery by the way

Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:21:43 AM

There was a bug found (and fixed) in the NXT code base that allowed for a possible malicious attack on the network, that would essentially render is dead. NXT fixed this bug in their latest update, and we have done the same and are putting it into the soon to be released client update.
You can view the fix here:
https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/commits/da7649170ee3c225bceb9b75c2d81a60b425788d?at=master

yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:27:32 PM

When is Horizon going to implement monetary system of NXT?
Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 03:47:48 AM

When is Horizon going to implement monetary system of NXT?

Already working on it Smiley

Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 08:10:14 PM

Web wallet has been fixed and updated.

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 04:10:19 PM

This is an interesting idea although I feel it'd be much fairer if the top two-hundred users were entered into the lottery.  Then as the community and market capitalisation grows to increase the numbers entered into the lottery.  Also with entry into the draw being triggered by a social media public post.  Like say a tweet or public Facebook or public Google+ post.  It may be worth taking into account newer and smaller niche social networks like Diaspora*.  As it may help NHZ to gain a cult following on one of these smaller social networks.

BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 12:13:18 PM

Hi guys. I'm assisting on Twitter to promote Horizon on both @Horizon_HZ and @CryptoTraders. Please include $HZ as hashtag then I can find your tweets easier to RT. If you got a listed asset then we can help to promote eachother. Thanks!
sorinln

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 09:54:34 PM

price going up  Grin
Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:07:20 AM

What can you do to help with Horizon? You can re-tweet this!
https://twitter.com/mBTCPizpie/status/561359480500125698

I'm already in talks with BTER and Cryptsy, so all your support and social media is appreciated.

Thanks!

*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:22:37 PM

BTW, very good idea. I like it!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: