Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:04:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 491689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
1millionthofaBTC

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:57:16 AM

Pardon my newbie question, but I am confused about how forging works. I have a balance of HZ and I use the web wallet to monitor it. I see that each day I am awarded some HZ, and I am happy about that.

If I were to add my coins to a forging pool, would the rewards from the forging replace or augment the reward that I am already receiving? If it replaces it, would it be a larger reward?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can explain this to me.

You can't ''Forge'' your balance using the web wallet, only via ''Full wallet''.
The amounts you  been receiving daily are called ''Stakeholder Bounty'', which is calculated depending on your current HZ holdings. When on a forging pool, you can't solo forge, however Stake rewards are paid out normally (again, based on your current holdings).

But I can lease my balance to a forging pool, correct? There is a clear option for that in the wallet.

Yes

OK thanks, so my original question still stands; if I lease the coins for forging by a pool will I receive proceeds from the pool as well as the Stakeholder bounty as I have been receiving all along?

Yes.  You receive both.

That's pretty cool thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:11:38 AM

, and I am happy about that.
Pardon my newbie question, but I am confused about how forging works. I have a balance of HZ and I use the web wallet to monitor it. I see that each day I am awarded some HZ
If I were to add my coins to a forging pool, would the rewards from the forging replace or augment the reward that I am already receiving? If it replaces it, would it be a larger reward?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can explain this to me.

You can't ''Forge'' your balance using the web wallet, only via ''Full wallet''.
The amounts you  been receiving daily are called ''Stakeholder Bounty'', which is calculated depending on your current HZ holdings. When on a forging pool, you can't solo forge, however Stake rewards are paid out normally (again, based on your current holdings).

But I can lease my balance to a forging pool, correct? There is a clear option for that in the wallet.

Yes

OK thanks, so my original question still stands; if I lease the coins for forging by a pool will I receive proceeds from the pool as well as the Stakeholder bounty as I have been receiving all along?

Yes.  You receive both.

That's pretty cool thanks.

I know.  I dig this too.  Getting the stakeholder bounty and coins for joining a forging pool, is extra daily coins.  Can't beat that!
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:16:47 PM

is NHzadult scam ?
TemonL

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:26:29 PM

When this coin entering other Exchanger?
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:28:33 PM

Bter will be good, they have the most NXT volume.
TemonL

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:40:14 PM

yeah, cryptsy and bittrex also nice
in polo I wait for prices to 250+, hopefully HZ can
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:34:12 PM

Past 4 days there is a certain uptrend on poloniex, however the volume isnt exactly too large.

I am not certain how far can HZ go, it was priced at 250 before. I believe the price will go up, maybe not in the immediate term. However, HZ is a part of Blocknet and if Blocknet delivers it will be a strong boon to HZ.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
4theLOVEofCrypto

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:43:55 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 03:03:28 PM by 4theLOVEofCrypto

Past 4 days there is a certain uptrend on poloniex, however the volume isnt exactly too large.

I am not certain how far can HZ go, it was priced at 250 before. I believe the price will go up, maybe not in the immediate term. However, HZ is a part of Blocknet and if Blocknet delivers it will be a strong boon to HZ.

The new wallet has to be released before it will be placed on any of the other exchanges.  So that's what we are all waiting on.  

Also, when HZ was 250, that was right around the time when news came out that the XC team came on-board.  There was a lot of excitement and many new investors were jumping to HZ, because of the fair distribution (compared to NXT), and the potential things that could be brought to this alt from XC.  This was even before the knowledge of BLOCK.  Then pharesim Silvernxt dumped it to sub 100 sat swearing to do so every time it rose too quickly.  I think it was like a 10 20 million coin dump.  This killed it for a lot of people.  As a result there were some rules put into place (multi-sig?) to avoid this happening again.  

Edit: If i'm incorrect on anything here feel free to set me straight and correct it, and I apologize in advance.  Definitely not FUDding, as I have a stake in HZ
ndrog

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:00:14 PM

The new wallet has to be released before it will be placed on any of the other exchanges.  So that's what we are all waiting on. 

Also, when HZ was 250, that was right around the time when news came out that the XC team came on-board.  There was a lot of excitement and many new investors were jumping to HZ, because of the fair distribution (compared to NXT), and the potential things that could be brought to this alt from XC.  This was even before the knowledge of BLOCK.  Then pharesim dumped it to sub 100 sat swearing to do so every time it rose too quickly.  I think it was like a 10 million coin dump.  This killed it for a lot of people.  As a result there were some rules put into place (multi-sig?) to avoid this happening again. 

Edit: If i'm incorrect on anything here feel free to set me straight and correct it, and I apologize in advance.  Definitely not FUDding, as I have a stake in HZ

The Big dump of NHZ took place on September 21st (aka. NHZ Black Sunday). If my memory serves me right, it was 20 million that was dumped and the culprit was Silvernxt (who went rogue) and not Pharesism.   
The NHZ project back then, underwent change of management. 

4theLOVEofCrypto

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:04:28 PM

The Big dump of NHZ took place on September 21st (aka. NHZ Black Sunday). If my memory serves me right, it was 20 million that was dumped and the culprit was Silvernxt (who went rogue) and not Pharesism.   

Thank you sir.  I updated my post with the correct information.  I was a little fuzzy myself.
xizmax

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:27:23 PM

The new wallet has to be released before it will be placed on any of the other exchanges.  So that's what we are all waiting on. 

Also, when HZ was 250, that was right around the time when news came out that the XC team came on-board.  There was a lot of excitement and many new investors were jumping to HZ, because of the fair distribution (compared to NXT), and the potential things that could be brought to this alt from XC.  This was even before the knowledge of BLOCK.  Then pharesim dumped it to sub 100 sat swearing to do so every time it rose too quickly.  I think it was like a 10 million coin dump.  This killed it for a lot of people.  As a result there were some rules put into place (multi-sig?) to avoid this happening again. 

Edit: If i'm incorrect on anything here feel free to set me straight and correct it, and I apologize in advance.  Definitely not FUDding, as I have a stake in HZ

Ye, I read about that dump. Must've been very painful to watch.

4theLOVEofCrypto

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:20:34 PM

Yes it was.  I bought quite a few coins over 200 satoshi myself, so it still stings. 
ndrog

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 04:36:47 PM

Yes it was.  I bought quite a few coins over 200 satoshi myself, so it still stings. 

There have been many coins that went through a similar major dump (whether it was a trader or dev) and price never bouncing back, ultimately collapsing for good. The good thing was, NHZ managed to bounce back  (not in, its previous levels of course), but at least managed to get through the stress. I believe that showed to many people out there, that this project is not that easy to bring down. Smiley

xizmax

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:48:22 PM

There have been many coins that went through a similar major dump (whether it was a trader or dev) and price never bouncing back, ultimately collapsing for good. The good thing was, NHZ managed to bounce back  (not in, its previous levels of course), but at least managed to get through the stress. I believe that showed to many people out there, that this project is not that easy to bring down. Smiley

Tbh, from what Ive read many people considered HZ dead and buried when the dump happened. Im glad its still around and making progress.

Maybe one day then 4theLOVEofCrypto will be back in the green with HZ Smiley

4theLOVEofCrypto

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:46:10 PM

Yes it was.  I bought quite a few coins over 200 satoshi myself, so it still stings.  

There have been many coins that went through a similar major dump (whether it was a trader or dev) and price never bouncing back, ultimately collapsing for good. The good thing was, NHZ managed to bounce back  (not in, its previous levels of course), but at least managed to get through the stress. I believe that showed to many people out there, that this project is not that easy to bring down. Smiley

Tbh, from what Ive read many people considered HZ dead and buried when the dump happened. Im glad its still around and making progress.

Thanks man.  Appreciate that.  I believe in HZ, and have continued to buy even when price kept dropping.  Never sold a single HZ back to market.  I did trade in 3 million for some BlockNet because I believe in that project as well.  And I bought some SPHERE assets to hopefully increase my share of HZ even more.  

HZ is far from dead.  Even though it's only on Polo right now, it regularly has some decent volume (4-12 BTC), and is usually top 10 in coin volume on that site.  Over the last few weeks when it was really down in price, no one dumped and volume on a couple of those days was sub 1 BTC.  That means people are holding with long-term implications (imo). With a new wallet upcoming, additional exchanges, the XC team, and the eventual addition of the BlockNet Asset, things are looking bright.  
4theLOVEofCrypto

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:49:46 PM

By the way, I like the new logo.
xizmax

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:54:14 PM

Yes it was.  I bought quite a few coins over 200 satoshi myself, so it still stings.  

There have been many coins that went through a similar major dump (whether it was a trader or dev) and price never bouncing back, ultimately collapsing for good. The good thing was, NHZ managed to bounce back  (not in, its previous levels of course), but at least managed to get through the stress. I believe that showed to many people out there, that this project is not that easy to bring down. Smiley

Thanks man.  Appreciate that.  I believe in HZ, and have continued to buy even when price kept dropping.  Never sold a single HZ back to market.  I did trade in 3 million for some BlockNet because I believe in that project as well.  And I bought some SPHERE assets to hopefully increase my share of HZ even more.  

HZ is far from dead.  Even though it's only on Polo right now, it regularly has some decent volume (4-12 BTC), and is usually top 10 in coin volume on that site.  Over the last few weeks when it was really down in price, no one dumped and volume on a couple of those days was sub 1 BTC.  That means people are holding with long-term implications (imo). With a new wallet upcoming, additional exchanges, the XC team, and the eventual addition of the BlockNet Asset, things are looking bright.  

That strategy has some good synergy going. Sphere is already looking quite decent, I have bought in a little as well and will most likely move to forge along with them.

Unfortunately I wasnt able to grab Block, as all the alt/token pairs were sold out early. I think the fud will run Block down some more and I will get some then Cheesy

xizmax

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:05:13 PM

By the way, I like the new logo.

Not to sound too harsh, but I think that designer Pizpie was offering work bounty for is needed Cheesy

4theLOVEofCrypto

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:56:09 PM

That strategy has some good synergy going. Sphere is already looking quite decent, I have bought in a little as well and will most likely move to forge along with them.

Unfortunately I wasnt able to grab Block, as all the alt/token pairs were sold out early. I think the fud will run Block down some more and I will get some then Cheesy

Normally I would agree with you, but I think we're at the point where no one wants to take additional losses (below 12k).  Most of the panic traders are out (those that thought BLOCK would be a quick flip), and now what is left are those that support the project.  If nothing gets going over the next several months then yes, it will drop further.  But those that are left, are long(er) term investors, and saw the potential of BlockNet.  So we hold, and hope that Dan proves the doubters and FUDders wrong. 

Edit: There were also talks to potentially implement a buy wall eventually to bring some base stability to it, if needed.
xizmax

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:03:53 PM

Normally I would agree with you, but I think we're at the point where no one wants to take additional losses (below 12k).  Most of the panic traders are out (those that thought BLOCK would be a quick flip), and now what is left are those that support the project.  If nothing gets going over the next several months then yes, it will drop further.  But those that are left, are long(er) term investors, and saw the potential of BlockNet.  So we hold, and hope that Dan proves the doubters and FUDders wrong. 

Edit: There were also talks to potentially implement a buy wall eventually to bring some base stability to it, if needed.

Well I think I gotta decide whether to get in this week or wait for the next fall I believe is going to be coming in some 3-4 months (Im kinda 50/50 on this). As I gather, cryptonites arent exactly the most patient bunch.

Ontopic: I'd like to ask Pizpie how can we help some more with HZ.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: