Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:43:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 [761] 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347498 times)
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 07:36:41 PM

But still relevant considering there is almost nothing to mine. ^^

Because 100 000 gpus are mining with private kernels. Perhaps for me...

Not sure what's using private kernels right now... Nvidia miners are on everything but Equihash and Ethereum, so they equalize with Equihash.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 06:10:29 PM

Ships sinking guys, we may dip under $1 per GPU this month (1070). May have absolutely nothing to do with Ethereum either... We need something new to perk things up here. Equihash apparently isn't going to cut it.

antantti
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 06:49:17 PM

Yep, zec and eth heading to $5, not sure about btc and xmr. And still newcomers asking help to invest tens of thousands to mining hardware.

Interesting to see where this goes, right now it doesn't look good.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 07:50:39 PM

Yep, zec and eth heading to $5, not sure about btc and xmr. And still newcomers asking help to invest tens of thousands to mining hardware.

some of them have nearly free electricity, from 1 to 5 cent, so it make sense for them to invest in mining, everyone would invest with cheap energy

but even everything collapse you just sell to gamers, no big risk here
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:40:07 PM

some of them have nearly free electricity, from 1 to 5 cent, so it make sense for them to invest in mining, everyone would invest with cheap energy

People who have free electricity are in the absolute minority (and it probably wont be long before they get evicted, check BCT for stories on that). Electricity costs around .03~ are commercial rates and you can't get that without an actual business, which most people don't register as and you can't get at a location deemed residential (your house). Electricity rates aren't anything new, surprised it took you guys this long to look at the power companies website... Commercial rates are available everywhere.

I don't think you understand the concept of 'risk' dude. You weren't around in '14 when you had to sell off your hardware for 40% of the cost of what you bought it for. When people start dumping the GPU prices crash. There isn't enough demand on eBay to suck them all up. How many gamers want 20 GPUs?

Not just that, but eBay and paypal fees are around 12% all together. You can kiss that good bye. I'm sure gamers want to buy super low end processors with six PCIE slot motherboards. Bonus throw in some PCIE risers as well! Cause good luck selling those. Used PSUs and small SSDs also don't sell well.

If you think you're going to resell your 1070 for $400 and you're going to recoup 90% of your cost you're in for a surprise if things fall apart, ohh and it's a doozy.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:23:17 AM

actually i was here, but i don't remember you in 2014, i sold easily my 10 x750ti with minor loss and they were already in the roi territory by a long shot

i didn't lose 40% of their retail value, but more like 33%

p.s. i sold them privately on a forum not on ebay

also you are wrong about very cheap electricity being only commercial rate and need contract etc...check kuwait/egypt rate, they are 1 cent, there are other country with very very cheap electricty

iceland also have 5 cent for everyone but life is more expesive there
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:47:57 AM

People who have free electricity are in the absolute minority (and it probably wont be long before they get evicted, check BCT for stories on that). Electricity costs around .03~ are commercial rates and you can't get that without an actual business, which most people don't register as and you can't get at a location deemed residential (your house). Electricity rates aren't anything new, surprised it took you guys this long to look at the power companies website... Commercial rates are available everywhere.

I don't think you understand the concept of 'risk' dude. You weren't around in '14 when you had to sell off your hardware for 40% of the cost of what you bought it for. When people start dumping the GPU prices crash. There isn't enough demand on eBay to suck them all up. How many gamers want 20 GPUs?

Not just that, but eBay and paypal fees are around 12% all together. You can kiss that good bye. I'm sure gamers want to buy super low end processors with six PCIE slot motherboards. Bonus throw in some PCIE risers as well! Cause good luck selling those. Used PSUs and small SSDs also don't sell well.

If you think you're going to resell your 1070 for $400 and you're going to recoup 90% of your cost you're in for a surprise if things fall apart, ohh and it's a doozy.

I dont know about USA, but in my country it is really easy to sell graphic cards. People will call you in minutes after you have put it on internet. So no problem selling cards here. Also Nvidia cards especially under warranty hold value very well and i will sell them at about 80-85% of their initial price without any problem. So I agree with Amph, the mining risk is minimal unless you go for a really big farm.

Bitrated user: Kompik.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:16:52 AM

actually i was here, but i don't remember you in 2014, i sold easily my 10 x750ti with minor loss and they were already in the roi territory by a long shot

also you are wrong about very cheap electricity being only commercial rate and need contract etc...check kuwait/egypt rate, they are 1 cent, there are other country with very very cheap electricty

You don't seem to remember much of anything from those years you were 'here'. I'm pretty sure you bought that account, almost 100% sure of that now days.

750tis weren't mining in '14, it was AMD only at the time. 750tis were big in '15 and were never worth selling. CGminer took off big in 15 and 750tis (along with other Maxwell cards) have been relatively good since. If a bit anemic as far as how many you can fit on a rig. That's why you still here about people on here talking about their 750tis.

Good for you making another conveniently private purchase and sell to mystical forum members... just like you sell all your cryptos privately in PMs for over market price. Alas, that doesn't apply to really anyone and if the market for eBay is small... random forum purchases are tiny. Meaning if that is true, you won the lottery, good for you.

'Egypt and kuwait' rate IS NOT a power service provider.

Oh yeah I'm sure they have .05c a kwh. Also once again conveniently quoting the ENTIRETY OF A COUNTRY instead of say a .pdf from a power company stating rates.

You really have no idea WTF you're talking about. Even SP doesn't stretch things that far. Funny... a couple pages ago you were bitching about how expensive your electricity was too, which is why you can't mine Ethereum.

I dont know about USA, but in my country it is really easy to sell graphic cards. People will call you in minutes after you have put it on internet. So no problem selling cards here. Also Nvidia cards especially under warranty hold value very well and i will sell them at about 80-85% of their initial price without any problem. So I agree with Amph, the mining risk is minimal unless you go for a really big farm.

Oh yeah? Do they also fart fairy dust and you can eat the candy cane roads? You guys definitely strike me as people that have absolutely no experience. You may have sold one or two cards on eBay. You look at prices on there right now or on a random local ad and assume that's marketprice and what you'll get no matter what.

When the entirety of GPU miners start selling their cards, there is no 'oh you're fine unless you're a big farm' everyone influences the prices of cards, not just one vendor. It's funny I'm actually arguing this stuff with you guys when half of what we do here evolves around understanding crypto-markets.

antantti
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:36:24 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2016, 11:43:23 AM by antantti

Here the only way to get cheap power is to own a power plant, preferably hydroelectric dam )). But no bigger than 100 kVA or 800000 kWh/ year, that is a limit where you start to pay taxes.

'Commercial rate' only saves you ~1.5c/ kWh in lower taxes.

750tis weren't mining in '14, it was AMD only at the time. 750tis were big in '15 and were never worth selling.  
I bought my first 750ti rig in march 2014 and first 970 rig in october 2014. Sold those 750ti's 500 days later and took only 26-28% loss there. Best gpu deal I have ever made.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:39:14 AM

You don't seem to remember much of anything from those years you were 'here'. I'm pretty sure you bought that account, almost 100% sure of that now days.

750tis weren't mining in '14, it was AMD only at the time. 750tis were big in '15 and were never worth selling. CGminer took off big in 15 and 750tis (along with other Maxwell cards) have been relatively good since. If a bit anemic as far as how many you can fit on a rig. That's why you still here about people on here talking about their 750tis.

Good for you making another conveniently private purchase and sell to mystical forum members... just like you sell all your cryptos privately in PMs for over market price. Alas, that doesn't apply to really anyone and if the market for eBay is small... random forum purchases are tiny. Meaning if that is true, you won the lottery, good for you.

Oh yeah I'm sure they have .05c a kwh. Also once again conveniently quoting the ENTIRETY OF A COUNTRY instead of say a .pdf from a power company stating rates.

You really have no idea WTF you're talking about. Even SP doesn't stretch things that far. Funny... a couple pages ago you were bitching about how expensive your electricity was too, which is why you can't mine Ethereum.

Oh yeah? Do they also fart fairy dust and you can eat the candy cane roads? You guys definitely strike me as people that have absolutely no experience. You may have sold one or two cards on eBay. You look at prices on there right now or on a random local ad and assume that's marketprice and what you'll get no matter what.

When the entirety of GPU miners start selling their cards, there is no 'oh you're fine unless you're a big farm' everyone influences the prices of cards, not just one vendor. It's funny I'm actually arguing this stuff with you guys when half of what we do here evolves around understanding crypto-markets.

uhm? i think you missed jackpotcoin in 2014, clearly, because 750 were great at it, and no i didn't bought any account, this is my main and was never hacked or stolen or anything unlike your account

yes those are residential rate just check their electricity it's based on range for egypt for example, but oh wait....everytime i forget that i'm talking to bensam
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:47:56 AM

uhm? i think you missed jackpotcoin in 2014, clearly, because 750 were great at it, and no i didn't bought any account, this is my main and was never hacked or stolen or anything unlike your account

yes those are residential rate just check their electricity it's based on range for egypt for example, but oh wait....everytime i forget that i'm talking to bensam

How about talking algos rather then coins. Scrypt and Sha weren't big on Maxwell cards, especially scrypt. In '15 that was different, but Nvidia started out behind AMD... that's where a lot of the work came in.

Good thing there is also no way of verifying that, although the bullshit you spew which contradicts what you say every couple messages would say otherwise. And yup... because getting your account hacked is the same thing as buying a hacked account to make yourself look more prestigious then you really are.

Wow... I almost thought you were going to offer a source for your bullshit, instead you just went off on a insult tangent. Go figures. I'm not responsible for your fact checking. You can't offer sources to backup what you're talking about, it means you're wrong when someone calls you on it.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:25:50 PM

jackpotcoin has a unique algo that was not copyed it was simply called jackpotalgo, you clearly weren't here in 2014, or you would now that 750 were the king in summer 2014 until early autumn...

i also posted my address in the verification thread to prove, bi signing, that is indeed not a bought account, so your argument are stupid...and anyway my style was always the same, you should provide proof that my hacked was hacked not that i should provide that it wasn't...

wasting time talking to a troll again...
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:30:32 PM

Here we go again, the "regurgitating brothers" in action. Popcorn time  Smiley
ioglnx

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 12:39:45 PM

@amph + @bensam1231: could you please keep your war private and closed..this is not the place to flame war, insult and smash each others head.
I suggest you a boxing ring or something else to lower the "aggression". Do us all a favor and move it somewhere private.

thanks

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:16:56 PM

Optimisatoins in all algos! https://github.com/alexis78/ccminer
Wish it was compiled for windows 8.1 to take a look.  Thx
Slava_K

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 01:44:48 PM

Optimisatoins in all algos! https://github.com/alexis78/ccminer
Wish it was compiled for windows 8.1 to take a look.  Thx
Compiled by myself. Cuda 8 is nothing, Cuda 7.5 is best on this miner. x64 (not 32 by default) is better for me.

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░
         ░▒▓████▓                             ░▓███▓▓▒▒░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒                ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█                ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█            ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

[/cen
liomojo1

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:44:22 PM

jackpotcoin has a unique algo that was not copyed it was simply called jackpotalgo, you clearly weren't here in 2014, or you would now that 750 were the king in summer 2014 until early autumn...

i also posted my address in the verification thread to prove, bi signing, that is indeed not a bought account, so your argument are stupid...and anyway my style was always the same, you should provide proof that my hacked was hacked not that i should provide that it wasn't...

wasting time talking to a troll again...

Off
I can confirm Jackpoint coin was so so so soooo good for 750 Ti. We beat the hell out of all amd's ! It was such a great coin I loved it! Pity it died so fast! It was fun , suspense and pleasure to mine it!
antantti
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:15:45 PM

jackpotcoin has a unique algo that was not copyed it was simply called jackpotalgoh

I can confirm Jackpoint coin was so so so soooo good for 750 Ti. We beat the hell out of all amd's ! It was such a great coin I loved it! Pity it died so fast! It was fun , suspense and pleasure to mine it!

JPC was fun, don't know if it still is alive.

When I built my first 5x750ti back in early 2014 nothing was profitable with my 5/ 6/ 7 series amd rigs, they were good as space heaters.

That feeling when I started mining with maxwell, first I thought I must have fucked something but numbers started rolling. rm450 psu with 5x750ti and not even close to hit it's limits.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:28:42 PM

jackpotcoin has a unique algo that was not copyed it was simply called jackpotalgoh

JPC was fun, don't know if it still is alive.

When I built my first 5x750ti back in early 2014 nothing was profitable with my 5/ 6/ 7 series amd rigs, they were good as space heaters.

That feeling when I started mining with maxwell, first I thought I must have fucked something but numbers started rolling. rm450 psu with 5x750ti and not even close to hit it's limits.

Don't be too nostalgic for jackpot algo. If it was still viable it would have been included in the recent X11 ASIC miners.
There's nothing unique about it, it's almost the same as quark.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
antantti
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:39:15 PM

Don't be too nostalgic for jackpot algo. If it was still viable it would have been included in the recent X11 ASIC miners.
There's nothing unique about it, it's almost the same as quark.

Haha, I know. For some reason, everyone (amd) dumped gpu mining.

Then came sp_  (late 2014) and his compute heavy algo optimizing. Looking back, it feels funny that x11 (drk) was THE THING.

There are still some algos where 750ti shines.
Pages: « 1 ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 [761] 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: