Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:02:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Strugg
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

NAV Coin [NAV]

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:01:49 PM

What possible investors can ask themselves right now: Is there a greater than 1/4,000 chance that Cannabiscoin hits its peg price of $10/coin? If you get in at the current price and it hits the peg-price, then yes, you stand to make 400,000% profit. I would say that there is a greater than 1/4,000 chance of it happening in the next 3-10 years.

A more reasonable question, what is more likely to happen next: a price of 600 satoshi or a price of 1800 satoshi? That would be -50% and +50%, profit, respectively, on an investment today. I would say that 1800 satoshi is far far more likely to happen before 600 satoshi. CANN has been in the 900-1300 satoshi range for months, more specifically the 1,000-1,200 range. Investors are not allowing it to drop below that range.

To me, CANN is an extremely safe and possibly a massively profitable investment at the moment.

True words! I'm in Smiley
Cheers

~ Strugg

NAV Coin [NAV] Community & PR Manager
Visit the Thread!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:35:11 AM

You probably don't know what you're talking about as it's PEGGED that means 1 CANN=1 GRAM even if price will be 10 satoshis per one cann, it should rise NATURALY after you will be able to redeem medicine for cann on multiple places.

Ok, so tell where i can buy 10000 kilograms, because i bought 10000 CANN.

I wait your answer Smiley

ps: to be serious, you can sell 1 gram for 1 CANN, but not for a long time Wink and actually there is no rule, if i want to sell 1 gram for 0.5 CANN i can do it and the price will fall but i will get a lot of patients.

Actually Stoner, I don't think you do get it. CANNdy, the medicinal marijuana donated by ∆9, some other grower or the dispensary, is redeemable at the pegged rate of 1 CANN = 1 gram while any other marijuana/goods will cost you (price divided by exchange rate of CANN) CANN. In other words a $5.00 ball cap will cost you $5.00 worth of CANN, regardless of whether that amounts to 0.5 CANN or 5,000 CANN.

Specifically you need to note from the OP (bold mine):
CannabisCoin is backed by Marijuana where it is accepted. The Cannabis Coin represents REAL medical marijuana specifically designed and grown by “CannabisCoin Marijuana Cultivators“. These specific Marijuana STRAINS are to be bought and sold exclusively with CannabisCoins.

The Yes We CANN movement is about medical marijuana dispensaries and shop owners that participate in providing safe, affordable, and quality medicine utilizing CannabisCoin as payment. This movement is a way for dispensaries and shop owners to show their appreciation to their patients by donating some medication into the “CANNdy” inventory.

CANNdy is a supply of meds that consists of strains grown specifically for CannabisCoin purchases and/or strains that can be purchased at the rate of 1 Cannabis Coin (CANN) to approx. 1 GRAM of medication.

Nowhere is it even suggested that you can or ever will be able to redeem 10,000 CANN for 10 kilos of marijuana.

Try being realistic in your expectations. In the U.S. marijuana is still Federally illegal and even the most permissive State legislation will not allow "open slather"* trade. At most you are likely to be permitted to exchange a few CANN for a few grams on any given day.

Nor is there any incentive to "under cut" the price of donated inventory, unless, of course, you want to give away a lot more inventory.... CannabisCoin is a token to direct mmj to patients at a steeply discounted price.

There is a chance that CannabisCoin will spread as a payment medium in lieu of cash as long as the Federal-State banking tension continues because banks are currently too frightened to handle marijuana accounts. That situation could change with an outgoing president or an incoming one, for that matter. You have to evaluate your expectations of future events for yourself.

* I'm told "open slather" is uniquely Antipodean, where it means "free rein" or "without restriction". I'm an Aussie, deal with it.

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
davidroux

Activity: 625
Merit: 250

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:56:16 AM

I bought a stack, just wanna know where most think I should store these... flash drive in safe ? Wink

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                     

Powered by,
monkeygang

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:11:17 PM

is there a list of places that accept the cann. Im ready to get blasted one gram at a time

monkeygang.. you cant join. your already a member
marcoman22

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:22:26 PM

is there a list of places that accept the cann. Im ready to get blasted one gram at a time

If you can post the list it will be helpful.
mrbigmugs

Activity: 247

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:11:15 PM

I bought a stack, just wanna know where most think I should store these... flash drive in safe ? Wink

I keep backup wallet.dat files on a flash drive on my keychain and one in the safe plus one more stored away in house.  Wink

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:16:54 PM

woohoo.

I just looked at my activity and it says 420!  Grin  Shocked

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 08:13:45 PM

Heya

Just FYI that we're mining CANN on our multipool: www.xpool.ca and miners have the option to keep their CANN when it gets mined just by entering your CANN address in your user settings.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:01:37 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 05:47:13 AM by B4zz4

Download and import CannabisCoin-qt pre-installed on Ubuntu 14.04LTS Virtual Machine

If your virtualisation software can handle the industry-standard Open Virtualization Format (OVF) you can import this ready-to-use virtual appliance.

Don't own any suitable software? No problem, Oracle provides VirtualBox for Windows, Mac OSX, Linux and Solaris hosts for free. https://www.virtualbox.org/

Assuming you have or install VirtualBox then importing this ready-to-use Ubuntu installation is as simple as selecting the "File" menu and choosing "Import Appliance". From there you will be presented with a dialogue to select the file "Cann_on_Ubuntu_14-04-1.oca" that you download from the link(s) included here.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6wa59ciqbnsv/Cann_on_Ubuntu_14-04-1.ova

The filefactory link will expire in about 90 days, I'll try to make more permanent arrangements before that time.

Follow the prompts to select the file for import and make any changes you wish to the appliance settings. Don't worry about making an error because you can simply stop the virtual machine and adjust the settings at any time in the future.

As initially distributed the virtual machine has been allocated minimal resources - 1 processor, 1Gb RAM, 128Mb video with a low resolution monitor and small vHDD space. You should consult your virtualization software manual about increasing those settings should you wish to do so.

As supplied this virtual appliance has modest requirements and consequently delivers modest performance.

User name: cann, password: YesWeCann

Not familiar with Ubuntu and want to change the keyboard, language or don't know how to change the default password? We have instructions for that, here and here.

A few notes on this appliance (or virtual machine, if you prefer):

I have uninstalled the games and libreoffice suite that are part of the default Ubuntu install simply because I don't want to encourage general use but rather keeping the environment as pristine as possible for your CannabisCoin transactions. Think of it more like your bank's safety deposit cubicles where you put things into or take them out of your safety deposit box. You don't go there to do your correspondence, do you?

Similarly, don't think because you are using a more secure operating system in this virtual appliance that it is somehow then made safe to do so on a malware-ridden Windows box. That is like taking your safety deposit box to a seedy part of town during a power outage and counting piles of cash on the sidewalk, hoping nothing bad will happen.

Keeping your CannabisCoin wallet inside a virtual machine makes it more difficult to steal, not impossible and if your host machine is infected with key-logging malware then whoever controls the malware already has your passwords. On the other hand you have dramatically increased the amount of data the would-be thief has to handle in order to access your wallet so you are less likely to be targeted until CANN becomes much more expensive.

What does this all mean? It means you must take action to protect yourself, particularly on Windows host machines. Keep your ant-virus/anti-malware software up to date. Run scans regularly and frequently (once a year may be regular but once a week is just frequent enough). Use common sense about the links you click - is it normal for some enterprise to send you emails and how likely are they to ask for details by email? And please, try to refrain from clicking links in spam mail offering to take you to "BarelyLegalTeens.ru" or some such. Basically, think before you click.

Finally, even though you keep a sparkling clean, superbly running machine you need to keep backups because, unlike true friends, devices will always fail you eventually. If you have multiple encrypted copies of your wallet.dat file stored in diverse, secure locations you can always get another computer, install a wallet by any of the means available to you and copy in your wallet.dat file to recover all your coins.

Hopefully the above has been sufficient to help you get started with your own fairly safe environment from which to make your CannabisCoin transactions.

Anyone having trouble can PM me here or email me at b4zz4.code@yahoo.com.

As always, may the source be with you. Smile and wish someone a really nice day Smiley

microchoveur

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:39:25 PM

Less than 2 months for 420 Cheesy

IDAP.IO.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Introducing Derivatives Product Ecosystem to Crypto Asset Market.
| Twitter | LinkedIn | Medium | Facebook | Bitcointalk

natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:09:00 AM

Is that when the price of CANN will hit 0.04 btc?  Wink

B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:19:25 PM

Is that when the price of CANN will hit 0.04 btc?  Wink

I'm curious. Why would you float such an idea?

Serious question. Think about it.

Has ∆9 or has he not been at pains to not excite the market and/or pump CANN?

He's a guy who wants the best for everybody and harm for no-one - that's obvious from everything he's said and done.

Is that achieved by market pumps and dumps? Of course it is not. People get caught up buying in irrational exuberance generated by market pumpers looking to take the funds of market followers and the under-informed. People get caught holding bags of coins bought at too-high a price and who then become upset that there is not yet more hyperbole generated so they in turn can dump their coins on other unsuspecting or irrationally exuberant buyers, all seeking a quick profit at the expense of someone else.

Does that sound anything like the vision ∆9 has communicated? Does it facilitate getting high-quality mmj to patients at a reasonable price? It doesn't help that mission at all, does it.

Coin speculators and profit-seekers keep pressing for publicity, for more promotional material, despite the Federal danger to ∆9 of increased scrutiny that exposure is bound to bring.

How will it help the Yes We CANN! movement? How will it get medical marijuana into the hands of the patients who need it?

Those are the questions you need to answer and the benefits you need to show if you want to distract ∆9 from his mission but I strongly suspect his focus will remain laser-locked on delivering for mmj patients.

Will the 4/20 date attract more media attention to mmj generally? That is very likely and so too is an increase in trading volume and exchange price of all the "weed coins".

Will ∆9 actively engage in pumping CANN? I doubt it, at least for the foreseeable future.

Ask yourself - is ∆9 pouring finance, time and effort into establishing mmj grows to pump and flog yet another crypto currency or does CannabisCoin exist to facilitate getting donated CANNdy to patients?

My guess is that a lot of market watchers missed the quiet announcement of the first small harvest of a test grow (very diesel, if you did miss it) and I can see that being the likely CannabisCoin news cycle-style while the various grows are established, varieties selected and tested, then grown and distributed.

CANN's rapid price escalation last October led to jealousy, slander and considerable ill-feeling, harms ∆9 is likely to seek to minimize. I have no doubt there will be more public awareness events - there will need to be so that mmj patients learn what is available to them but I suspect they will be spaced away from obvious anniversary and/or celebration dates specifically to smooth the gradual and organic price rise of CannabisCoin's exchange rate.

Looking for dates to promote? How about seeing/contacting your politicians to see what can be done about patient rights and legalizing at least mmj, if not full recreational.

There is much to be done and much to look forward to but CANN pumps? Meh...

kubuminer

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:18:09 PM

guys who mining this coin, please spread hash on our pool - http://cann.binpool.com/ - thanks
Fritz93

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:11:26 PM

such doubt, so cheap... om nom nom Wink
davidroux

Activity: 625

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:26:12 AM

Someone is definetly slowly picking up lots of this cheap $CANN. Little green candle up to 1150. Yeah there is a lack of  news but I think there is information others know that we dont Wink

I was part of the dev team for potcoin but never actually commited to it :/ However if CANN needs some devs im more then willing to help.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀