Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:29:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CannabisCoin [CANN][X11][Official] Developments & Discussions  (Read 705939 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:47:04 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 08:58:35 PM by st4nl3y

pic from from irc today hey d9 this CG ?

Can someone confirm thats CANNdy growing in the background?

Can anyone confirm this is CANNdy?

Whatever it is looks nice, week 7 flower I reckon.

EDIT: Girl in the middle is also nice Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
B4zz4

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:33:19 PM

Sigh... you should know and I know that MAX_MONEY could equal "gesundheit" for all the difference that it really makes. If you are worried about redundant variables left in code you should avoid checking the code for just about every commercial program in captivity.

Completely wrong, the value of MAX_MONEY is very important, along with COIN. MAX_MONEY = 420,000,000 * COIN is absurd and way over shot for the supply this coin distributes. COIN = 10^8 or 100,000,000.

MAX_MONEY essentially the accepted amount allowed on your network within a transaction, you just are not accepting this fact for some reason.

Seems you too also would rather be lackadaisical about the allowed supply to exist with your investments in this coin.

This fix will require a hard fork and probably something to address before network hash rates get low enough to prevail a malicious attack, not just potentially here, but anywhere else you may have a "redundant variables".

It's a vulnerability clearly sitting in plain view.

Proof of stake is also something to consider discussing as BitcoinSanDiego has mentioned previously. Many coins have successfully mitigated this transfer with plenty of success without requiring a switch of blockchains.

-James

As a programmer that reads the source code of these various coins, I can say that MAX_MONEY is often defined as the maximum supply of the coin that will ever exist by the programmers.  This doesn't mean that the value of MAX_MONEY actually is the maximum amount of a coin that will ever be created.  With Bitcoin it is, but I have seen other coins that have a difference between the value of MAX_MONEY and the maximum amount of coins that can be generated once the block reward drops to a number close to zero coin. 

The Value of MAX_MONEY is used within the source code as a sanity check on the on any amount of coins, whether it be a transaction value or individual transaction output or a transaction fee.  The source code checks the validity of a value of a number of coins by making sure that the value is above zero (0) and less than the value of MAX_MONEY.  Additionally MAX_MONEY is the transaction fee for a block that is larger than a maximum size.  The value of MAX_MONEY is arbitrary and could be mistakenly set to a value that would modify the behavior of the coin.  For instance, if MAX_MONEY was set to 100 coins, whether mistakenly or on purpose, then this will definitely limit the amount of coins that could be sent in a transaction, while having other side effects.

MAX_MONEY is hard coded into the source code and some calculations are required to make sure that it would agree with the actual maximum amount of coins that could be produced on the blockchain according to the GetBlockValue function.  For CANN, my calculations show that GetBlockReward maxes out at around 20 halvings of the block reward at around 105,860,159.84.  Therefore CANN uses a value of 420 million for MAX_MONEY, while the actual max money will be about 106 million.

Does MAX_MONEY have any security issues? Could leaving it at 420,000,000 allow for an attack that creates 300,000,000 coins and has users with the current wallet allowing that attack?

This is getting ridiculous guys.

Here's how to satisfy yourselves that MAX_MONEY is entirely innocuous:

Go to the CannabisCoin git repository.

At the top of the page you'll see a search box, which should be set to searching "this repository" by default.

Type in MAX_MONEY (the search is case insensitive so it doesn't have to be all uppercase).

You will receive back two files with a total of four lines highlighted.

1) main.h line 57 is the declaration of MAX_MONEY.

2) and line 58 which is a boolean (true/false) declaration basically defining a positive number of coins.

3) main.cpp line 564 which tests whether a transaction is malformed.

and 4) line 627 which prevents blocks exceeding the maximum permissible size by making the fee larger than can possibly be paid.

That's it. At no point does CannabisCoin ever use the value MAX_MONEY to determine how many coins may exist at any given moment nor the coin generation rate at any block height.

Look for yourselves and if you don't believe Git's repository search then download the source and use your own computer's search to check for any other mentions.

For goodness sake do your own research rather than falling for Jamie boy's malicious well-poisoning efforts. He has a long history of malice toward CannabisCoin and he is not an investor's friend.

Can we please put this nonsense to bed?

Tips: CANN: CRAUn1GyLcqyC2dfi7F1FDjvrzmLzwApAx
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:38:24 PM

You guys do realize about 90% of the people on here, in this coin, reading these posts have only maybe a fraction of an idea what you're talking about.  In addition, they give zero fucks about it. lol.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:18:49 PM

Sigh... you should know and I know that MAX_MONEY could equal "gesundheit" for all the difference that it really makes. If you are worried about redundant variables left in code you should avoid checking the code for just about every commercial program in captivity.

Completely wrong, the value of MAX_MONEY is very important, along with COIN. MAX_MONEY = 420,000,000 * COIN is absurd and way over shot for the supply this coin distributes. COIN = 10^8 or 100,000,000.

MAX_MONEY essentially the accepted amount allowed on your network within a transaction, you just are not accepting this fact for some reason.

Seems you too also would rather be lackadaisical about the allowed supply to exist with your investments in this coin.

This fix will require a hard fork and probably something to address before network hash rates get low enough to prevail a malicious attack, not just potentially here, but anywhere else you may have a "redundant variables".

It's a vulnerability clearly sitting in plain view.

Proof of stake is also something to consider discussing as BitcoinSanDiego has mentioned previously. Many coins have successfully mitigated this transfer with plenty of success without requiring a switch of blockchains.

-James

As a programmer that reads the source code of these various coins, I can say that MAX_MONEY is often defined as the maximum supply of the coin that will ever exist by the programmers.  This doesn't mean that the value of MAX_MONEY actually is the maximum amount of a coin that will ever be created.  With Bitcoin it is, but I have seen other coins that have a difference between the value of MAX_MONEY and the maximum amount of coins that can be generated once the block reward drops to a number close to zero coin. 

The Value of MAX_MONEY is used within the source code as a sanity check on the on any amount of coins, whether it be a transaction value or individual transaction output or a transaction fee.  The source code checks the validity of a value of a number of coins by making sure that the value is above zero (0) and less than the value of MAX_MONEY.  Additionally MAX_MONEY is the transaction fee for a block that is larger than a maximum size.  The value of MAX_MONEY is arbitrary and could be mistakenly set to a value that would modify the behavior of the coin.  For instance, if MAX_MONEY was set to 100 coins, whether mistakenly or on purpose, then this will definitely limit the amount of coins that could be sent in a transaction, while having other side effects.

MAX_MONEY is hard coded into the source code and some calculations are required to make sure that it would agree with the actual maximum amount of coins that could be produced on the blockchain according to the GetBlockValue function.  For CANN, my calculations show that GetBlockReward maxes out at around 20 halvings of the block reward at around 105,860,159.84.  Therefore CANN uses a value of 420 million for MAX_MONEY, while the actual max money will be about 106 million.

Does MAX_MONEY have any security issues? Could leaving it at 420,000,000 allow for an attack that creates 300,000,000 coins and has users with the current wallet allowing that attack?

This is getting ridiculous guys.

Here's how to satisfy yourselves that MAX_MONEY is entirely innocuous:

Go to the CannabisCoin git repository.

At the top of the page you'll see a search box, which should be set to searching "this repository" by default.

Type in MAX_MONEY (the search is case insensitive so it doesn't have to be all uppercase).

You will receive back two files with a total of four lines highlighted.

1) main.h line 57 is the declaration of MAX_MONEY.

2) and line 58 which is a boolean (true/false) declaration basically defining a positive number of coins.

3) main.cpp line 564 which tests whether a transaction is malformed.

and 4) line 627 which prevents blocks exceeding the maximum permissible size by making the fee larger than can possibly be paid.

That's it. At no point does CannabisCoin ever use the value MAX_MONEY to determine how many coins may exist at any given moment nor the coin generation rate at any block height.

Look for yourselves and if you don't believe Git's repository search then download the source and use your own computer's search to check for any other mentions.

For goodness sake do your own research rather than falling for Jamie boy's malicious well-poisoning efforts. He has a long history of malice toward CannabisCoin and he is not an investor's friend.

Can we please put this nonsense to bed?
Very well said, I salute you.
Voidcrafter

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:18:18 PM

It was known since ages that max_money is nothing harmfull / exploitable , it has been used to fud on numerous coins and should be clear to anyone that it is irrelevant how high this number is ...

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:47:36 PM

You guys do realize about 90% of the people on here, in this coin, reading these posts have only maybe a fraction of an idea what you're talking about.  In addition, they give zero xxxxs about it. lol.

Yes, my apologies for rising to the need to address Jamesonotc's fire lighting attempts. It makes for one boring thread doesn't it?

Sadly though, he does manage to frighten some CANN holders by making them think significant security vulnerabilities exist where in fact none do.

As Saul Bellow said, a fool can throw a stone in a pond that one hundred wise men can not get out. Unfortunately James mischievously uses this technique to create fear, uncertainty and doubt while claiming to have innocent intentions.

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:09:52 PM

You guys do realize about 90% of the people on here, in this coin, reading these posts have only maybe a fraction of an idea what you're talking about.  In addition, they give zero xxxxs about it. lol.

Yes, my apologies for rising to the need to address Jamesonotc's fire lighting attempts. It makes for one boring thread doesn't it?

Sadly though, he does manage to frighten some CANN holders by making them think significant security vulnerabilities exist where in fact none do.

As Saul Bellow said, a fool can throw a stone in a pond that one hundred wise men can not get out. Unfortunately James mischievously uses this technique to create fear, uncertainty and doubt while claiming to have innocent intentions.

The only thing people need to know about James is, he's a pompous twit.

Joint Force

Activity: 804

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 06:39:17 PM

7 weeks on march 23.

So, all that CANNdy has a chance of being for sale on 420!?

Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:41:22 PM

which is fine with me/us.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
YESWECANN (OP)

Activity: 286

http://twitter.com/CannabisCoins

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 08:32:48 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 08:45:09 PM by YESWECANN

Lol James, got your information and assumptions almost all incorrect and all over the place.
Either case may be, it certainly shows the CANN team is not a bunch of "kids", like your scam group.

Reading the mass information on the forums about how your team treated the Northwest community and even expose children of the community is beyond belief.  It will forever haunt you.

-YES WE CANN

Official CannabisCoin [CANN] Forum Moderator
Voidcrafter

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:20:42 PM

7 weeks on march 23.

So, all that CANNdy has a chance of being for sale on 420!?

it's herbal wellness' grow site, and the product is owned by herbal wellness.

https://instagram.com/herbalwellnesscenter_phx/

It has always been displayed as "CANNDY LAND" but theoretically is "Medicine land" for a license dispensary in Arizona who uses it to supply their shelves for medical sales. This should be made more clear on what is what.

They've had quite a few harvest which i'm sure you can go pay for right at their location. You should expect to see them entering at the Cannabis Cultivators Cup which CANN was rumored to be apart of.

The grow is 125 lights, with 5 rooms with one vegetative room.

Any of the larger grow room is not 100% CANN and is a licensed medical grow facility for the sole purpose of the dispensaries use.

It was built by https://instagram.com/cannagen/ and consults for Herbal Wellness. They offer a grower on site cultivating the garden to ensure they are harvesting correctly.

Look for updates from a different garden as to the supply of canndy. The LED grow with aprox two lights which we all know not much about.

This is so ridiculous , this picture was not even uploaded here by the devs , they never claimed this was their grow facillity or even canndy growing there , it was only posted on irc without a comment , the statements claiming its canndy or its d9s facillity were assumptions which were then used by james and his sockpuppets.

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cafelatte

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:42:17 PM

For CANN, my calculations show that GetBlockReward maxes out at around 20 halvings of the block reward at around 105,860,159.84.  Therefore CANN uses a value of 420 million for MAX_MONEY, while the actual max money will be about 106 million.

I'd like to note there was a significant premine of 21.8 million coins of which ~14 million burned thus depleting the supply even further.

I appreciate everyone's time today discussing the topics at hand, I'm off to bed and witch catch up tomorrow.

-James

Well i think the team deserve the remaining coins for the work they do... not many devs that hold there word
B4zz4

Ponderously ruminative

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:38:29 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2015, 02:24:28 PM by B4zz4

I've taken down my responses to Jamesonotc now that his nonsense has been largely removed. I'll just leave this link for him in case he's still reading:

@James:

Please get some help before you hurt yourself or someone near and dear to you. Please.

This link might be a useful starting point for you and/or your family.

YESWECANN (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 11:47:08 PM

Jameson, you are twisting it all around.  Its not worth the time or energy for us to play this troll game with you.
Thanks for pointing out again that we are in tune with legitimate corporations and medical facilities.  With your scam coin being out far longer then Cannabis Coin has, it still has no legitimacy in the cannabis industry or let alone the crypto industry.

Hustling your concentrates online so you can dump quickly to pay for your coin to remain listed is quite a full time job while your brother is trying to distance himself to maintain a better image to stay employed.  

We've asked you time and time again to just say your peace and "Let it go" and leave the thread and now its clear how sad real life must be in your shoes to expend so much energy into this ridiculousness.

D9 has gotten so bored with you that he and everyone else could care less what you have say.  Jealousy is one thing but geesh crying a river over and over is outright depressing.

-CANN

natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:39:03 AM

WTF is going on here? I thought this thread was moderated to avoid this kind of typical garbage arguing.

YESWECANN (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 01:52:45 AM

WTF is going on here? I thought this thread was moderated to avoid this kind of typical garbage arguing.

Agreed and from now on. Delete..delete..delete

Voidcrafter

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 05:15:06 PM

cann on cnbc http://www.cnbc.com/id/102553811

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
TrackCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 05:22:43 PM

Use this coins for your trade and quick will get addiction CANN/X11... Wink

Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 06:22:59 PM

very nice  Grin
Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 07:16:38 PM

cool

"CannabisCoin, one of the more actively traded commodity-backed currencies on the cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex, has been gaining traction. The coin is backed by 1 gram of pharmaceutical-grade cannabis."

#moon time?  Kiss

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 348 »
  Print  

Jump to: