Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103246 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 01:40:47 AM

http://247cryptonews.com/bitnation-horizon-blocknet-united-for-governance-2-0-project/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paycum

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:55:57 AM

Hi, New here, kind of interesting although hard to understand what it does exactly lol. Will do some more reading tomorrow but deffinately looks very interesting to me. Too bad price is at its alltime high..

And what do i buy when i buy block? Are that tokens or are that coins and how many are there in total? Or maybe i just have to do some more reading before asking questions hehe

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:19:18 AM

I bought a little bit of Block and am back in now, mostly to be amused when (haters) people figure out this is all real and the FUD was just FUD. New website looks great by the way.

Out of the darkness and into the light.  Welcome back! Smiley

Speaking of dark and light, i always wondered if both sides could work together (supernet and blocknet) but now it seems more extremities have come into play, and these examples may stand for a lifetime unless someone changes them

I was not talking about Supernet, I was only trying to point out that some people might have made the wrong judgement call demonizing Dan and so on. It was pretty harsh and totally unfair. Anyway, time marches on.

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:46:07 AM

Would it be possible to update coinmarketcap with the correct coin amount?

Thanks.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

llildur

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 08:17:05 AM

Wow some good news Shocked. let's see how this bitnation blocknet marriage will progress cheers  Smiley Smiley
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:36:40 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2015, 03:23:00 PM by battbot

Hi, New here, kind of interesting although hard to understand what it does exactly lol. Will do some more reading tomorrow but deffinately looks very interesting to me. Too bad price is at its alltime high..

And what do i buy when i buy block? Are that tokens or are that coins and how many are there in total? Or maybe i just have to do some more reading before asking questions hehe

Welcome!

The Blocknet is the first-ever decentralized platform-as-a-service.  Recognizing that there will never only be "one blockchain to rule them all" (as humanities data needs are too great), the Blocknet serves as an opensource, decentralized, inter-operable framework for all blockchains.  This will allow communication between blockchains (including bitcoins) and their services (ie - encrypted messaging, anon, instant transfers, etc.) through a chain-agnostic p2p network.  

The potential for Blocknet and related applications & services are quite literally, limitless.  And in my opinion, Blocknet's tech is the most revolutionary & disruptive tech since the blockchain itself.  

The price is not necessarily at its "all-time high."  It is at or below ITO levels (25k sat), and only a very small amount of coins have been bought and sold below the ITO price (think of it this way: if you buy below the ITO price of 25k sats, you are getting in at a discount compared to the vast majority who bought during the ITO).  When you buy BLOCK, you are buying a token, which temporarily functions identically to any other coin.  However, at a date in the near future, they will be redeemable for HZ assets (shares).  At that point, every xbridge operation will return microfees to the Blocknet, which will then be distributed between the Blocknet's shareholders.  Similarly, every xbridge operation will return microfees to any individual whose node delivers a service.

Interestingly, Andreas Antonopoulos (speaking at MIT), recently said:

"Bitcoin may end up being the gold-reserve currency… digital gold reserving value for other currencies, hundreds of other currencies.  As long as you have a two-way exchange between the value, you can very seamlessly move from one to the other… I expect we will see a world where bitcoin provides a core fungible currency value layer on top of which you’ll have protocol layers that deliver micro payments, fast transaction processing, anonymity and all kinds of other programmatic guarantees depending on the niche application.  Which is why there will not be one currency to rule them all, because there is no one application for everyone."  (Reference: http://youtu.be/J8y_GypCWf4?t=28m2s)

The Blocknet is the paramount solution that realizes the interconnected & interdependent world of cryptocurrencies in which Andreas envisions.

battbot

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:22:44 PM

Would it be possible to update coinmarketcap with the correct coin amount?

Thanks.

I don't believe this is possible at the moment.
paycum

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:57:49 PM

Welcome!

The Blocknet is the first-ever decentralized platform-as-a-service.  Recognizing that there will never only be "one blockchain to rule them all" (as humanities data needs are too great), the Blocknet serves as an opensource, decentralized, inter-operable framework for all blockchains.  This will allow communication between blockchains (including bitcoins) and their services (ie - encrypted messaging, anon, instant transfers, etc.) through a chain-agnostic p2p network.  

The potential for Blocknet and related applications & services are quite literally, limitless.  And in my opinion, Blocknet's tech is the most revolutionary & disruptive tech since the blockchain itself.  

The price is not necessarily at its "all-time high."  It is at or below ITO levels (25k sat), and only a very small amount of coins have been bought and sold below the ITO price (think of it this way: if you buy below the ITO price of 25k sats, you are getting in at a discount compared to the vast majority who bought during the ITO).  When you buy BLOCK, you are buying a token, which temporarily functions identically to any other coin.  However, at a date in the near future, they will be redeemable for HZ assets (shares).  At that point, every xbridge operation will return microfees to the Blocknet, which will then distributed between the Blocknet's shareholders.  Similarly, every xbridge operation will return microfees to any individual whose node delivers a service.

Interestingly, Andreas Antonopoulos (speaking at MIT), recently said:

"Bitcoin may end up being the gold-reserve currency… digital gold reserving value for other currencies, hundreds of other currencies.  As long as you have a two-way exchange between the value, you can very seamlessly move from one to the other… I expect we will see a world where bitcoin provides a core fungible currency value layer on top of which you’ll have protocol layers that deliver micro payments, fast transaction processing, anonymity and all kinds of other programmatic guarantees depending on the niche application.  Which is why there will not be one currency to rule them all, because there is no one application for everyone."  (Reference: http://youtu.be/J8y_GypCWf4?t=28m2s)

The Blocknet is the paramount solution that realizes the interconnected & interdependent world of cryptocurrencies in which Andreas envisions.

Thanks for the great explanation. I just bought myself a few coins/tokens  Grin

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 04:28:45 PM

A famous Hannibal Smith quote comes to mind...

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:36:06 AM

I bought a little bit of Block and am back in now, mostly to be amused when (haters) people figure out this is all real and the FUD was just FUD. New website looks great by the way.

Speaking of dark and light, i always wondered if both sides could work together (supernet and blocknet) but now it seems more extremities have come into play, and these examples may stand for a lifetime unless someone changes them

I was not talking about Supernet, I was only trying to point out that some people might have made the wrong judgement call demonizing Dan and so on. It was pretty harsh and totally unfair. Anyway, time marches on.

That wasn't the assertion I was trying to make by any means, I was merely suggesting when building future tech as powerful as this, perhaps in the early stages its best to consider a more enlightened approach (don't laugh at me too hard please). Finding a means of collaborating on whatever level can be agreed upon or may be possible can help not both each other but everyone who benefits out of the greater outcome

RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:14:03 PM

Blocknet's new partner, Bitnation, interviewed on the Keiser Report:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7aY8pIMI7c&
paycum

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 07:11:03 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2015, 04:50:14 AM by paycum

nice very interesting, going to watch it right away!

prety quiet here bye the way...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
battbot

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:27:06 AM

nice very interesting, going to watch it right away!

prety quiet here bye the way...

Most of the Blocknet conversation happens on Slack at the moment.  You can sign up here: http://goo.gl/forms/UkViMl2fKn
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:41:05 AM

That wasn't the assertion I was trying to make by any means, I was merely suggesting when building future tech as powerful as this, perhaps in the early stages its best to consider a more enlightened approach (don't laugh at me too hard please). Finding a means of collaborating on whatever level can be agreed upon or may be possible can help not both each other but everyone who benefits out of the greater outcome

I agree, although I am an optimist. I also think those that try to take the high road will last the longest, so I think in that manner some good things will happen naturally over time. Smiley

bytezero

Activity: 414

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:12:33 AM

crazy... what's going on about the price of Blocknet ,almost double Shocked
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:21:04 AM

I see Fibre has pulled out of Blocknet:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737771.msg10698947#msg10698947

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 11:11:41 AM

-----------------------------------------------UPDATE-----------------------------------------------

Fibre will be leaving the Blocknet Project.

It is with great regret that I have to inform you Fibre is leaving the Blocknet project. This decision was not easy to make, the reasons being community/investor demand and a change of direction for Fibre in 2015. My opinion of Blocknet has not changed, it will one day be a very successful project. However, I have a duty to look after the interest of our investors and my personal opinion cannot override my decision making for Fibre.

I have built a great working relationships with some of the guys involved and I wish Blocknet and all participating coins all the best in future.

Regards,

Killakem

----We had a great 2014, 2015 is the year Fibre will hit its true potential----

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 12:36:15 PM

While we're disappointed to hear this news, we respect Killakem's decision and the way in which he has conducted himself.

It is a lamentable fact that holders of a coin are able to influence the strategic partnerships it maintains - and often against the intentions of the core team. We have witnessed this in the run-up to the Blocknet's ITO, with SDC. We are witnessing it again.

That said, let me underline the change in Fibre's relation to the Blocknet:

- Fibre is still able, at any point and for free - to become Blocknet-enabled.

- Any other developer can, at any point, create a Blocknet-enabled Fibre wallet or app. (Github)

- Fibre no longer participates in the weekly running of the Blocknet, and they no longer have a say in its development.

We welcome Fibre's continued participation on Slack and on this thread. The Blocknet was created for all crypto and is an open framework. There is no "us vs. them" for the Blocknet.

We wish them all the best.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Ov3R

Activity: 2008
Merit: 768

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:41:44 PM

inconvenient time for fibre to leave the blocknet
best wishes to the fibre team

looking forward

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113644/governance-moves-forward-via-bitnation-blocknet-horizon-partnership

(B)asic (i)nstructions (T)o [C]ontrol [O]wn [in]terests
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 12:46:24 PM

Indeed. In other news:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113644/governance-moves-forward-via-bitnation-blocknet-horizon-partnership

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: