Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:13:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103260 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:28:38 PM

Can someone in the know explain the difference between Blocknet and SuperNet?

It is very encouraging to see BitNation selecting BlockNet as a partner over SuperNet, but it would be great to understand why.

Thanks,

G.

I would also like to know the key differences.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GStealthCoin

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:37:12 PM

How is the development of XBridge going? Are there any key milestones coming up?

Thanks,

G.

# I am not part of the official StealthCoin Team. Just a community member.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:41:09 PM

How is the development of XBridge going? Are there any key milestones coming up?

Thanks,

G.

The decentralised exchange protocol is approaching prototype status.

I don't have a date to attach to this though. As you may know, software development is hard to pin down, timewise. But things are progressing.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:45:34 PM

It is very encouraging to see BitNation selecting BlockNet as a partner over SuperNet, but it would be great to understand why.

Thanks,

G.

There is one key difference that really stands out: the Blocknet is a fog computing service bus, whereas SuperNET is a cloud computing service bus. (Google those terms if you're not familiar.)

As our project develops, you will see increasing differentiation, which will be especially evident in three areas: the openness of our platform, our focus on microservices, and the markets we will be building for. http://blocknet.co outlines all this in broad strokes.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:47:17 PM

Thanks,

G.

https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/573573912010883073

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
Dungor

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:19:52 PM

All Block supporters please help retweet:
https://twitter.com/Alex_Hff_K/status/575262475886665728

"@IBMIBV Check out @The_Blocknet #Opensource #fogcomputing Service Bus for #Blockchain based technology - Perfect for your #ADEPT project"

IBM IBV is the guys behind the IBM blockchain for Internet of Things paper.

4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:01:18 PM

All Block supporters please help retweet:
https://twitter.com/Alex_Hff_K/status/575262475886665728

"@IBMIBV Check out @The_Blocknet #Opensource #fogcomputing Service Bus for #Blockchain based technology - Perfect for your #ADEPT project"

IBM IBV is the guys behind the IBM blockchain for Internet of Things paper.

Done!
biskyb33

Activity: 121

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:23:02 PM

just wow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owrXnfEGzhs

XChat XLo9fHrgmhwzUJxQwkvTq1oWAoMqXHwCVi
PubKey 2
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 07:19:17 PM

Thanks,

G.

There is one key difference that really stands out: the Blocknet is a fog computing service bus, whereas SuperNET is a cloud computing service bus. (Google those terms if you're not familiar.)

As our project develops, you will see increasing differentiation, which will be especially evident in three areas: the openness of our platform, our focus on microservices, and the markets we will be building for. http://blocknet.co outlines all this in broad strokes.

No.
Dungor

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:43:45 PM

Thanks,

G.

No.

Service bus for blockchains.

Valta Crypto

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 05:58:41 AM

Harry Potter.
richwang

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:02:32 AM

price doubled

synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:54:32 PM

Thanks,

G.

No.

@cassius: if no, then why?

Note that this is from a demand chain and supply chain perspective.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:11:21 PM

Thanks,

G.

No.

interesting, could you please give me examples for your statement regarding supernet and blocknet being cloud computing/fog computing?

from all the existing features of supernet so far it looks much more like fog computing to me (i.e. network communication and instantdex). regarding blocknet i dont have enough information to comment on.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:23:06 PM

Looking at it another way, why would you say it was cloudy?
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:18:47 PM

Thanks,

G.

No.

interesting, could you please give me examples for your statement regarding supernet and blocknet being cloud computing/fog computing?

from all the existing features of supernet so far it looks much more like fog computing to me (i.e. network communication and instantdex). regarding blocknet i dont have enough information to comment on.
Looking at it another way, why would you say it was cloudy?

Multigateway, which facilitates the exchange of currencies between nodes on different blockchains, involves groups of servers mediating the exchange.

As such, exchange between buyer and seller is not conducted on a peer-to-peer basis. There is a third party involved (albeit not a traditional monolithic third party, but groups of servers utilising m-of-3 multisig). This third party mediates the transaction, and must be trusted to do so.

The above is what it means to perform a cloud service. Processing occurs at (well, near) the centre of the network, rather than being pushed to the network's edges (i.e. the peers), which is what defines fog computing.

Therefore, Multigateway is a cloud service bus for blockchain-based nodes.

In contrast, the Blocknet's decentralised exchange is being developed on a radically p2p model, making it a fog computing service.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:36:46 PM

Multigateway, which facilitates the exchange of currencies between nodes on different blockchains, involves groups of servers mediating the exchange.

As such, exchange between buyer and seller is not conducted on a peer-to-peer basis. There is a third party involved (albeit not a traditional monolithic third party, but groups of servers utilising m-of-3 multisig). This third party mediates the transaction, and must be trusted to do so.

The above is what it means to perform a cloud service. Processing occurs at (well, near) the centre of the network, rather than being pushed to the network's edges (i.e. the peers), which is what defines fog computing.

In contrast, the Blocknet's decentralised exchange is being developed on a radically p2p model, making it a fog computing service.

You are selecting one element of SuperNET - one of the gateway mechanisms for coins, fiat, assets etc - and characterising all of SuperNET in terms of this alone. InstantDEX is a near-realtime peer-to-peer exchange service. This is clearly not cloudy.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:00:42 PM

You are selecting one element of SuperNET - one of the gateway mechanisms for coins, fiat, assets etc - and characterising all of SuperNET in terms of this alone. InstantDEX is a near-realtime peer-to-peer exchange service. This is clearly not cloudy.

You're entirely correct. I have only referred to Multigateway and not to all the other SuperNET components.

On the other hand, I selected Multigateway carefully. InstantDEX is p2p but runs on the NXT Asset Exchange and thus is on the NXT blockchain. Therefore it is not inter-chain – which is the context of the discussion.

To give another example of something related to InstantDEX that is cloudy rather than foggy, ATOMIC is a blockchain that records transactions of other chains. Thus it centralises inter-chain networking.

(Correct me if I'm mistaken, of course. I'm no expert on this tech and I'm happy to stand corrected if I'm mistaken.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:13:31 PM

You're entirely correct. I have only referred to Multigateway and not to all the other SuperNET components.

On the other hand, I selected Multigateway carefully. InstantDEX is p2p but runs on the NXT Asset Exchange and thus is on the NXT blockchain. Therefore it is not inter-chain – which is the context of the discussion.

To give another example of something related to InstantDEX that is cloudy rather than foggy, ATOMIC is a blockchain that records transactions of other chains. Thus it centralises inter-chain networking.

(Correct me if I'm mistaken, of course. I'm no expert on this tech and I'm happy to stand corrected if I'm mistaken.)

I'm not an expert at every aspect of the tech myself. If you are genuinely interested in learning the differences then do drop over to Slack and ask. However, I'd be wary of calling any blockchain 'centralised', NXT or Atomic or any other, even in this context. It seems like an odd word to use to describe it. This is only the first stage, in any case, but you'd need to ask devs directly for details as I'm not at liberty to discuss them.
Ultimately if you want to differentiate the two projects, I'd think there were better and clearer ways of doing it. If you're serious about pushing crypto out to a broader user-base, then discussions about the difference between distributed and decentralised aren't going to be much of a marketing tool.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 04:54:41 PM

I'm not an expert at every aspect of the tech myself. If you are genuinely interested in learning the differences then do drop over to Slack and ask. However, I'd be wary of calling any blockchain 'centralised', NXT or Atomic or any other, even in this context. It seems like an odd word to use to describe it. This is only the first stage, in any case, but you'd need to ask devs directly for details as I'm not at liberty to discuss them.
Ultimately if you want to differentiate the two projects, I'd think there were better and clearer ways of doing it. If you're serious about pushing crypto out to a broader user-base, then discussions about the difference between distributed and decentralised aren't going to be much of a marketing tool.

Thanks for the invitation. I'd be interested in joining, though as far as I'm aware the SuperNET folks don't seem very positively disposed toward me for some reason. Do you think they'd actually welcome me?

I agree that there's some irony in calling blockchain-based tech centralised, though in this context - which is the networking of chains - the distinctions do apply, and without ambiguity.

(That said, I also agree that there's a lack of marketing-friendly terminology to talk about this stuff. With so many layers, each of which can be centralised or decentralised, it's a complex landscape. Once we move from developing the core components onto marketing it to customers, we will need a good set of ways to present the differences. For the time being, I'm just using technical though confusing language.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: