Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:36:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103256 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RAGEmond

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:14:48 PM

From the other thread:

@UMadorMyrin

I posted that picture.

I posted it because the developers used @sadochismo's mockup from two+ years ago and implemented an early-stage frontend.

I am well aware of the many signs of its creation date:
- the text (c) Blocknet 2015"
- the price of Bitcoin on the chart
- the fact that we recently published the actual mockups and were explicit that they are from a while back

My point is that the mockups are old.

The news was that the mockups (i.e. rasterised images) have been pulled into a frontend.
Devs don't edit rasterised images, they just slice them up and use them.

If you are in any doubt about whether development is ongoing, I encourage you to check https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/branches on a weekly basis.
From there you can find the active branch and see what we're working on.

This is likely to be my last post on this thread. Please join Slack if you would like to ask further questions.

tbh still looks like they are not doing anything than just take mockups from 2015 and edit it with a notepad since they don't have access to the design files lol Cheesy it would take 2 seconds to adjust the date and a lot of ppl would find trust again .. with this doodle on that images https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg18695699#msg18695699 lol

The point here is that there is no reason not to trust us, given the existence of our working decentralised exchange and our continual work for over 2 years.

Secondly, my posting those images is (a) honest evidence of where we are at, which is an early stage, and (b) evidence of my trust in the Bitcointalk audience to not try to create suspicion and fear out of thin air.

Since (b) is misguided, there are two ways forward:
- we can deprecate this thread again and focus on the healthy community in Slack
- we can carry on in here, and ignore/avoid replying to those whose intention is to arouse suspicion

For the moment, I am going with the latter approach. I encourage everyone in here not to respond to "fud". Just leave it alone. Don't cause the entire thread to be debased by that sort of conversation.

or (c) update the OP? and then concentrate to the project again? with gained trust of ppl

not to say that you guys are doing that but theres also the possibility to just edit some lines in any files and github showed updated X hours ago .. that doesn't mean anything
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 02:22:29 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 02:36:53 PM by synechist

From the other thread:

@UMadorMyrin

I posted that picture.

I posted it because the developers used @sadochismo's mockup from two+ years ago and implemented an early-stage frontend.

I am well aware of the many signs of its creation date:
- the text (c) Blocknet 2015"
- the price of Bitcoin on the chart
- the fact that we recently published the actual mockups and were explicit that they are from a while back

My point is that the mockups are old.

The news was that the mockups (i.e. rasterised images) have been pulled into a frontend.
Devs don't edit rasterised images, they just slice them up and use them.

If you are in any doubt about whether development is ongoing, I encourage you to check https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/branches on a weekly basis.
From there you can find the active branch and see what we're working on.

This is likely to be my last post on this thread. Please join Slack if you would like to ask further questions.

tbh still looks like they are not doing anything than just take mockups from 2015 and edit it with a notepad since they don't have access to the design files lol Cheesy it would take 2 seconds to adjust the date and a lot of ppl would find trust again .. with this doodle on that images https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg18695699#msg18695699 lol

The point here is that there is no reason not to trust us, given the existence of our working decentralised exchange and our continual work for over 2 years.

Secondly, my posting those images is (a) honest evidence of where we are at, which is an early stage, and (b) evidence of my trust in the Bitcointalk audience to not try to create suspicion and fear out of thin air.

Since (b) is misguided, there are two ways forward:
- we can deprecate this thread again and focus on the healthy community in Slack
- we can carry on in here, and ignore/avoid replying to those whose intention is to arouse suspicion

For the moment, I am going with the latter approach. I encourage everyone in here not to respond to "fud". Just leave it alone. Don't cause the entire thread to be debased by that sort of conversation.

or (c) update the OP? and then concentrate to the project again? with gained trust of ppl

not to say that you guys are doing that but theres also the possibility to just edit some lines in any files and github showed updated X hours ago .. that doesn't mean anything

Thanks, we are already working on that and other things:
- new OP
- feature list for the community to vote upon
- architectural documentation
- frontend
- OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and voting system update

If you're concerned about "just editing some lines in any files" on GitHub, then just check the commit history.

To make a meta-remark - but not to say you're at fault here - in principle I'm open to suggestions about what we might to do improve communication, but there's a culture here of random people pitching up and effectively making demands on what "needs to be done" before the project can be judged as satisfactory. This habit lacks all justification. Random people don't have authority to make strategic decisions for this project, and they also lack the right information to make calls of this nature.

So, moving forward, if anyone would like to suggest things we should do, please recognise that you're in a position to suggest, but not to demand.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Tewmamadoe

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:30:32 PM

Good post!

As a relative new BLOCK holder all I can say i think this community here and the team here are quite open and helpfull. I can understand it must be a drag to have 5000 people over the years come in here and ask is this for real?  Grin

But I guess it's part of the game right. And the timeline now seems fine to me but if in say 6 months there isnt even a new OP I can imagine me ranting here and you guys telling me to fuck off so thats that I guess.

Go Block! Grin
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 06:08:15 PM

Welcome!  Come and join the slack group.  Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:03:19 PM

Forget slack the main hub of crypto is here.

Just because of a few pointed questions we can't run away again. It's simple the questions just get answered and if there is nothing to hide then that is the end of it.

What is the hold up anyway? is it lack of funding? if so when will there be a funding mechanism added to block. I know xc is already discussing this.

Whatever happens we should not run away and depreciate this thread it makes everything look less than transparent.

There is not such a thing as FUD.

There is either something to hide or there is not. We simply answer the questions posed.

I have restored faith that blocknet is on to something here important. Let's just speed it up and get it rolling out and usable to people in a form that looks familiar to them.

I believe also that when people make reasonable requests even in a demanding way they should be taken on board and acted upon as soon as it is possible.

I don't know why things are not just 100% transparent on this thread. I.E. we are working on the UI the completion date as it is now is given to be june 15th or whatever.

What is all this fuss about the early UI images anyway?

22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:23:53 PM

@UMadorMyrin, you are not welcome to post on this thread.

I have responded to you in a reasonable manner twice on another thread, and you have not engaged my points
Instead, you have twice attempted to cast other, new aspersions. This indicates that you are not genuinely checking our credibility, but are just trying to create an atmosphere of suspicion.

We have no interest in the work of those who engineer social toxicity on Bitcointalk.

Goodbye.
hey i am glad to see the project is still on , but i have a Q: i have wallet.dat with some xcurrency  . were can i find a wallet or what can i do right now with this coins? i would like to stake them or is possible to swap for blocknet coins?
cheers
Jumanji7

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:32:09 PM

I have responded to you in a reasonable manner twice on another thread, and you have not engaged my points
Instead, you have twice attempted to cast other, new aspersions. This indicates that you are not genuinely checking our credibility, but are just trying to create an atmosphere of suspicion.

We have no interest in the work of those who engineer social toxicity on Bitcointalk.

Goodbye.
hey i am glad to see the project is still on , but i have a Q: i have wallet.dat with some xcurrency  . were can i find a wallet or what can i do right now with this coins? i would like to stake them or is possible to swap for blocknet coins?
cheers

You can trade XC here:  https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_XC
commenter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:42:10 PM

So I'm not going to be posting anything to defend the project any more.

I feel the Devs are doing a great job with the project and it's just not needed.

I'll just share ideas everynow then. I feel I have some really good ones I'll share when I have the time, but I do have a suggestion about the Bitcoin talkforum, it's just a thought before we turn the page.

Perhaps the best thing to create a new message board (not on bitcointalkforum) Blocknets on forum,

and change the announcement page on coinmarket cap to the new forum.

Eliminating the the link to bitcointalk forum, but not deleting it.

Just in case, it's later decided to relink if its felt it's necessary to keep this thread, for any reason.

I feel we will be leaving the past behind us and moving forward in a new direction. I hope this is helpful.
22naru

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 10:37:53 PM

Goodbye.
cheers

You can trade XC here:  https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_XC

ok great . cheers
i found a wallet but i need to sync. hope will be fast Smiley.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:12:58 PM

I feel the Devs are doing a great job with the project and it's just not needed.

I'll just share ideas everynow then. I feel I have some really good ones I'll share when I have the time, but I do have a suggestion about the Bitcoin talkforum, it's just a thought before we turn the page.

Perhaps the best thing to create a new message board (not on bitcointalkforum) Blocknets on forum,

Just in case, it's later decided to relink if its felt it's necessary to keep this thread, for any reason.

I feel we will be leaving the past behind us and moving forward in a new direction. I hope this is helpful.

Bad idea. The new wave of alt investors are coming here first. This board is the hub of crypto.
Any running from this board is seen as weakness and something to hide.

First pointed questions and blocknet is considering running back to slack or another board?

Come on let's man up if there is nothing to hide we answer the questions and move ahead.

22naru

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:35:03 PM

Bad idea. The new wave of alt investors are coming here first. This board is the hub of crypto.

First pointed questions and blocknet is considering running back to slack or another board?

Come on let's man up if there is nothing to hide we answer the questions and move ahead.

hey, Xcurrency Coin will have  any use in blocknet DEX? or will be another unuseful coin and Blocknet is the main coin?
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:52:42 AM

we'll miss u !  Grin
commenter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:35:09 AM

Of course it's up to Devs, but I would just create my own message board and replace the (coin market cap announcement page) link to this forum. I feel it would be turning the chapter and starting a new page.
Of course I would still keep this page up.

I agree there's nothing to hide, and like I've said many times its undervalued without a project. The project is just an extra bonus for me.

Of course it's up to Devs, but I would just create my own message board and replace the (coin market cap announcement page) link to this forum. I feel it would be turning the chapter and starting a new page.

Of course, I would still keep this page up and just redirect everyone to the new boards. MAY BE EVEN CHANGE THE INFORMATION ON THE FRONT OF BOARD TO SAY, " THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER ACTIVE YOU CAN FIND US ON" displaying all the link information to the other boards. 
imconfusedman
Copper Member

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:39:25 AM

Is Blocknet anonymous in any form/shape/or way?
Please explain.

Can someone please answer my question?

I don't think it is.

SuperNET and BlockNet are attempting to accomplish the same thing right?
Except I believe SuperNET is anonymous, so why would I choose BlockNet over SuperNET?
I'm not trying to create any FUD I'm just curious about the main differences and goals of both projects...
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 09:55:16 AM

@imconfusedman, you have been answered already:

If you have further questions, please ask them in our ongoing Reddit AMA.
I believe I have answered questions regarding differences between the Blocknet and SuperNet in the AMA.
Since you are wondering about anonymity, I do not believe that SuperNet is anonymous, and nor do I believe that it is satisfactorily decentralised. However I am happy to stand corrected on these points, because I don't keep up with the latest on that project. (Nor do I wish to discuss this topic.)

Is Blocknet anonymous in any form/shape/or way?
Please explain.

Can someone please answer my question?

Here's a quote from the Blocknet FAQ (work in progress at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LVOl-EYVJDWFs5f8wWOTW4FjZx4llvzQZUF8JUxCLUM/edit#heading=h.s9nslts29pk9) which should help answer your question:

HOW PRIVATE IS THE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE?
Because decentralized exchanges do not require traders to submit KYC information or divulge anything else about themselves to a third party, traders enjoy a naturally high degree of privacy.

However, for most wallets, aspects of transactions are linkable to IP addresses, so in order to obfuscate that, one might use TOR or I2P. The Blocknet’s DHT network overlay does not use IP addresses, however.
Combined with any privacy-centric coin, a decentralized exchange run over IP-obfuscating tech is a near-perfect mixing solution. For example, one may trade some coins for Zcash, sends them to a different address, and then trade back again.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 10:15:42 AM

Block is truly unique innovation even it's undervalued coin and from my point of view people have to buy with their reserve money which they can hold for end of the current year. Block will explode so huge like this and everybody will be in win win situation.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
Tewmamadoe

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:52:53 PM

I agree that this is the main place new money comes looking for information! Thats why I believe some kind of communication must be kept intact to achieve legitimacy.

But as I said I think those envolved here are doing a good job keeping te lines open.

They say relax things are coming wait and see it is a project in development and thats fine.

If I invest in say Apple or Snapchat they can miss earnings too or give misguided information.

Personally I can just say if this is legit you are indeed looking at a billion dollar coin but that uncertainty is why it is at 3$ today.

If it was the real deal for everyone to see it would be at 500$ today and most of us wouldnt be able to buy it!

greyskies

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:31:09 PM

We should definitely continue posting here. That shouldn't even be up for debate.

Reminder to new people: we have cross chain atomic trades working e.g. BTC swapped to LTC. Completely trust free, no coloured coins or centralised deposits etc. World first! Now it's about opening this tech up to the masses with a graphical user interface.

Things to look forward to:

- A user friendly interface on top of the command line system currently in place for cross chain trades
- Hard fork coming with feature voting and allocation of % of staking rewards to dev funds
- Master/service nodes collecting fees
Tewmamadoe

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 04:55:58 PM

BIG sell off today in cryptos total marketcap went from 90 to 60 Billion in hours but BLOCK held firm and is about to go green even.

Very few sellers!
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:34:33 PM

Yes, if you arrange by  % change over 24 hours on coinmarketcap block is one of the strongest.
Pages: « 1 ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 [367] 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: