Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:39:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103258 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
braxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 11:37:03 AM

I see CoinGateway is already prepared for the ITO on the 29th.

Yes, good!
There is no account needed there either

really nice to see that, apart from the fact that the logo is a rip off from Nintendo's Gamecube Tongue

How about this then?

why the fuck you always got something wrong with XST stealthcoin? are you afraid of XST might take all the innovation/investment from all your other shit coins? it's XST and not SXT. you also left out stealthcoin hyperlink on purpose but now already fixed

just probably a typo...
I don't think it is done by purpose

as you can see... the in the logo proposal of mxxxxxxx and mine you see the "SXT" is already changed to "XST".
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sabretooth

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 12:12:06 PM

how about making that right arrow a "B"

the "B" for Blocknet

not in a position to adjust the pic now to show what I mean

I reckon it's a 'B" already. :-)

Just needs a thin line to make it a "B" otherwise it looks like a "D" and reminds me of another coin.
+1
a thick line like this

or a thin line like this

personaly I like the thick line more...
It give's the illusion of a cube (block) again and the "B" is clear

Thick line looks more confident bolder.  I like it.

Uno: uVcEaDQ5MXcYRjSGY1E7FXfrtxGk6QKnBm
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 12:16:53 PM

Can I clarify what I think is a fundamental difference from SuperNET?
BlockNET is collecting money through the ITO for development. SuperNET ICO funds will be used to purchase shares in coins and revenue-generating assets. (It is also entering into revenue-share agreements, of course, without taking an equity stake.) BlockNET is presumably relying on revenue sharing with its partners?
If that's the case, then there is an obvious distinction in the type of organisations they are, reflected in the NAV, risk, reward and approach to growth of each (and consequently appealing to different demographics).
Is this correct?

i'd be interested in hearing thoughts on this..

Same here. Inquiring minds want to know.

"The Blocknet has its own token of value. However it is not a coin but a share that earns dividends on every payment for every service on the Blocknet.
Every time a service is rendered, the node(s) rendering the service receive payment directly from the node(s) that request it, and the Blocknet charges a micro-fee for supporting the service.
Shareholders are eligible for payouts in proportion to the number of shares they own - the accounting for which is of course done trustlessly and in the public domain."

Hi all

Apologies for the delay in answering this question. I've been very busy (read: slightly overwhelmed) with background stuff.

The initial question above approximately supplies its own answer. There's not a whole lot to add to it really, but I'll try break it down a little bit.

SuperNET:
- funds were used to purchase participating currencies to back the SuperNET's value
- and to create various assets

Blocknet:
- funds are used to develop a lot of next-gen software (i.e. the XBridge, decentralised exchange, application platform, etc.)
- funds will be used to enter the B2B market for various services (expect an executive summary regarding this pretty soon, which will include budgetary information and a roadmap)
- BLOCK-holder profits come directly from the intrinsic functioning of the Blocknet - i.e. through the rendering of services

So in comparison:
- SuperNET is a make-money-with-money sort of project, whereas the Blocknet is a more straightforward software platform development project, coupled with make-money-from-services model for token holders.
- SuperNET backs its value with assets (I've previously opined that this adds risk due to centralisation), whereas the Blocknet's value is a function of the value of its services.

Feel free to add to this and build out the comparison. No doubt there are additional elements that could be included.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Porte

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 12:35:50 PM

BlockNET is collecting money through the ITO for development. SuperNET ICO funds will be used to purchase shares in coins and revenue-generating assets. (It is also entering into revenue-share agreements, of course, without taking an equity stake.) BlockNET is presumably relying on revenue sharing with its partners?
If that's the case, then there is an obvious distinction in the type of organisations they are, reflected in the NAV, risk, reward and approach to growth of each (and consequently appealing to different demographics).
Is this correct?

I need a bit of clarity on this too. Can somebody help out.

Please can someone respond this, if this question is not clarify people will have great doubts in investing, We need serious answers here not trolls please.

Also, please remark here the difference between Supernet and Blocknet? the union makes us strong, why not all concentrate in one Universe of coins, stop dividing, friction, make races of coins, we are becoming like FIAT world, creating competition, fights who is the best, money , its all about money. Lets make a unique entity, lets join forces, if we are divided and create ghettos we are making crypto weaker and weaker, WE NEED UNION! I believe should be only one universe, city, country of coins. Look what happens in the actual world...too many countries, differences,religions, belief, create wars. Lets do not do the same with crypto! Please BlockNet join forces with SuperNet. Make only one country in one wolrd

Thanks

I don't like the fact people coming here to say Blocknet is a scam without explaining why and making silly stupid remarks.

We need to whether we like it or not to explain what we say!

My question has not been answered and its very simple.

I will explain my question in a different easy way.

We all know or we think we know but for some  there is only one GOD but for this GOD there are different religions praying for this same GOD in different ways and form but still these religions does not go a long with each others even if they are praying the same GOD. So are we doing  exactly the same here?

SuperNetwork is the first and the one that came with the idea and I think is not right to copy or clone the idea of someone brain, but to join the same idea instead of creating the same idea again (religion) the more clones the more discrepancies, fights, wars , intolerance. One of the idea of SuperNetwork was to get a league where the best coins or coins that can add something new not just the 90 per cent of rubbish coins that come out everyday. We want a serious Crypto world with serious technology not wanna be developers or crypto coins that are merely clones with fancy names to pump and dump and then disappear and the end!

What I believe is that you should talk with the owner of Supernetwork and discuss your idea instead of stealing his idea..with all my respect that's my personal opinion. Second but not the least is that you can do something great with Blocknet just use your imagination instead of creating a clone of Supernetwork, and this is my clever suggestion, be like a second layer of Supernetwork, like a filter. That a coin before joining Supernetwork has to pass first through Blocknet. Same league but different division like in football. Example where Supernetwork is Premier league and Blocknet second division. That way create levels of technology and encourage dev to improve their tech to go to the premier league but also to join Blocknet to be able to get to the Premier league, that way people will know where to invest and give them the peace of mind that if they invest in coins located in Blocknet or Supernetwork has a least a guaranty that there is somekind of value or real technology behind this coins. Do I make sense? Work together, Be in the same Project with same religion, do not crealte different religions, these create desputes and confusions!  I hope you listen to my advice and talk and communicate to make a project in common. Only one country in one world, only one religion for the same GOD, only one crypto world for its own credibility. The union makes us strong

+ 1

I like your idea mate but I think you live in a fantasy world! LOL

This is competition and people in most instances do not believe in association to improve what it's already created, Whether Blocknet is a Supernetwork's Clone is not the issue, he has the right to copy Supernetwork idea I am afraid as many coins out there are clones of other coins, works the same way, I wish it was not like that but this is the real world.

Don't get me wrong CECVW, as I said your idea is great but I doubt Blocknet will do that. I'ts all about money and independence not integration.

I would like to ask in what will be spent the money you get in the ITO?
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 12:46:02 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2014, 01:19:06 PM by benthach

from what i understand people buying into ito will not get anything back, ito token have no interest and no incentive so it's basically giving money to dan macafe for free or money for his coding. i guessed he's used to get free btc for nothing. blocknet idea is good but this ito don't make any sense, it's giving money to dan macafe and a few of his dev/team buddies. ito going to be worth millions when these morons buy into the hype. this ito sound like a get rich quick scam to me. my other concern is why would someone pay 4 or 5 btcs to get their code review? Grin he's made so much money out of this he's now making his own company out of this, xcoin inc.?

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 01:05:05 PM

I would like to ask in what will be spent the money you get in the ITO?

Hey hey

The FAQ below the OP gives some cursory information on what the funds will be spent on.

In the next few days we will release more detailed information on how the funds will be used.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 01:17:52 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 03:24:09 PM by synechist

Benthach, you have given no reason why Blocknet tokens "will have no interest and on incentive" (sic).

Unless you can give a reason, your post is purely a subjective opinion.

And unless you can provide a solid argument behind your reason, nobody will be persuaded.

Finally since your post is loaded with emotive and negative terms, it is FUD. Please do not post FUD again here.

Here's a list of reasons why Blocknet tokens are worth buying.

Section 1: The Blocknet is the internet of blockchains; it provides what crypto needs most:

- a feasibly-sized userbase for coins, so their tech can actually get used

- a platform to turn coins' tech into services, so tech can generate revenue

- a method of converting all of crypto into a B2B services offering of incredible power

As such, the Blocknet stands to change the entire landscape of crypto, and become a foundational pillar of crypto for the indefinite future.

Section 2: shareholders get to profit from the Blocknet's status as a foundational pillar:

- holders receive fees

- holders profit if their tokens increase in value

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 01:25:18 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2014, 01:55:26 PM by benthach

OK i am going to stop here but i am still stand ito is nothing but free money giving to dan macafe. blocknet sound good, it's a copy from supernet idea but ito is not necessary for it to work.
to make blocknet work and everyone support then it should be free, no ito.

to make blocknet honest and serious candidate for innovation then there shouldn't be any ito, it should be free.
also there need to be clear guideline for any new coin to join the blocknet
1. it need to be 3 months or older etc...
2. blocknet should have board members and each new coin able to join with majority of these board members voted.
etc.. etcc. blocknet should focus more into this and technology, not money and ito. it shouldn't go far when you worry much about money and ito. we all will see.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Cassius
Legendary

Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 01:32:41 PM

Is this correct?

"The Blocknet has its own token of value. However it is not a coin but a share that earns dividends on every payment for every service on the Blocknet.
Every time a service is rendered, the node(s) rendering the service receive payment directly from the node(s) that request it, and the Blocknet charges a micro-fee for supporting the service.
Shareholders are eligible for payouts in proportion to the number of shares they own - the accounting for which is of course done trustlessly and in the public domain."

Hi all

Apologies for the delay in answering this question. I've been very busy (read: slightly overwhelmed) with background stuff.

The initial question above approximately supplies its own answer. There's not a whole lot to add to it really, but I'll try break it down a little bit.

SuperNET:
- funds were used to purchase participating currencies to back the SuperNET's value

Blocknet:
- funds are used to develop a lot of next-gen software (i.e. the XBridge, decentralised exchange, application platform, etc.)
- funds will be used to enter the B2B market for various services (expect an executive summary regarding this pretty soon, which will include budgetary information and a roadmap)
- BLOCK-holder profits come directly from the intrinsic functioning of the Blocknet - i.e. through the rendering of services

So in comparison:
- SuperNET is a make-money-with-money sort of project, whereas the Blocknet is a more straightforward software platform development project, coupled with make-money-from-services model for token holders.
- SuperNET backs its value with assets (I've previously opined that this adds risk due to centralisation), whereas the Blocknet's value is a function of the value of its services.

Feel free to add to this and build out the comparison. No doubt there are additional elements that could be included.

Thank you! I think that's a useful way to distinguish them.
It is worth saying that SuperNET will also include some impressive next-gen tech too (decentralised trustless and extremely private communication and transactions, instant cross-blockchain exchange, provably random p2p dice game etc), which James and others are building for free - or, at least, in return for a proportion of assets. So I suppose the pay model approximates the overall model as an equity stake.
Both, of course, look to leverage network effect and reward strong tech.
Depending on where each end up, it would be wrong to assume that collaboration is impossible. There could be significant opportunities for both in the future. It will be interesting to see where they each end up; I suspect they might not compete as much as some people think.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 01:35:13 PM

Benthach, you have given no reason why Blocknet tokens "will have no interest and on incentive" (sic).

Unless you can give a reason, your post is purely a subjective opinion.

And unless you can provide a solid argument behind your reason, nobody will be persuaded.

Finally since your post is loaded with emotive and negative terms, it is FUD. Please do not post FUD again here.

Here's a list of reasons why Blocknet tokens are worth buying.

Section 1: The Blocknet is the internet of blockchains; it provides what crypto needs most:

- a feasibly-sized userbase for coins, so their tech can actually get used

- a platform to turn coins' tech into services, so tech can generate revenue

- a method of converting all of crypto into a B2B services offering of incredible power

As such, the Blocknet stands to change the entire landscape of crypto, and become a foundational pillar of crypto for the indefinite future.

Section 2: shareholders get to profit from the Blocknet's status as a foundational pillar:

- holders receive income from fees

- holders profit if their tokens increase in value

You seem smart but always fail to present facts accurately.

SuperNET is a make-money-with-services as well.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 01:42:11 PM

You seem smart but always fail to present facts accurately.

Is that just a less-than-charitable way to ignore the following statement?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 01:51:28 PM

Is this correct?

Hi all

SuperNET:

Blocknet:

So in comparison:

Thank you! I think that's a useful way to distinguish them.
It is worth saying that SuperNET will also include some impressive next-gen tech too (decentralised trustless and extremely private communication and transactions, instant cross-blockchain exchange, provably random p2p dice game etc), which James and others are building for free - or, at least, in return for a proportion of assets. So I suppose the pay model approximates the overall model as an equity stake.
Both, of course, look to leverage network effect and reward strong tech.
Depending on where each end up, it would be wrong to assume that collaboration is impossible. There could be significant opportunities for both in the future. It will be interesting to see where they each end up; I suspect they might not compete as much as some people think.

Thanks for the contributions here. Nice one.

Yes, the SuperNET certainly will have some next-gen tech.

Speaking of which, I'll be updating the OP soon to reflect a number of conversations I've had on the differences between the Blocknet's and SuperNET's tech. My opinion is that the Blocknet's approach is truly P2P (rather than using RPC calls for a specific function) and that its mesh+DHT approach is superior to a straight DHT approach. Expect this OP update soon.

On the topic of collaboration, personally I'd love it if SuperNET wallets get XBridges at some point. There's a clear benefit to that.
And I expect us to both benefit from each other's code from time to time as the two projects develop. This is one of many ways in which competition can be mutually beneficial.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
youngmike

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 03:04:35 PM

I'm going to dump BlockNET under ITO price so every ITO investor have to wait whales accumulating under ITO price  Smiley It worked with every other pre sale this far  Smiley And it's going to work again. Just have to buy enough and dump it. Smart buy after ITO when it's cheaper  Smiley
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 03:16:40 PM

I'm going to dump BlockNET under ITO price so every ITO investor have to wait whales accumulating under ITO price  Smiley It worked with every other pre sale this far  Smiley And it's going to work again. Just have to buy enough and dump it. Smart buy after ITO when it's cheaper  Smiley

That makes no sense, but you go do that and lose your money.
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 03:36:47 PM

I guess, especially with the 10% discount, he could try kinda shorting the Blocknet ITO.

But then again that would mean he sorta believes in Blocknet Smiley

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 04:07:35 PM

I guess, especially with the 10% discount, he could try kinda shorting the Blocknet ITO.

Funny strategy. I suppose it could work, but it sounds unnecessarily risky to me. A 10% price difference is not generally enough to count in a volatile market with potentially very high demand for tokens.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:14:49 PM

I'm going to dump BlockNET under ITO price so every ITO investor have to wait whales accumulating under ITO price  Smiley It worked with every other pre sale this far  Smiley And it's going to work again. Just have to buy enough and dump it. Smart buy after ITO when it's cheaper  Smiley

Funny strategy. I suppose it could work, but it sounds unnecessarily risky to me. A 10% price difference is not generally enough to count in a volatile market with potentially very high demand for tokens.

Absolutely too risky, at least for me. Only way I see someone going for it if he wouldnt mind seeing the asset in question burn along with his money Cheesy. IE if he wants do dump the asset down no matter the cost.

That being said, I do not believe Blocknet will burn down.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:22:14 PM

check his post history, all he does it Post massive inflammatory bullshit for a few days, then says "yay the FUD worked now i bought some"

He is a retard
youngmike

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 05:17:19 PM

check his post history, all he does it Post massive inflammatory bullshit for a few days, then says "yay the FUD worked now i bought some"

He is a retard

I might be a retard but remember my words when Blocknet goes under ITO price and stays there  Smiley
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 05:40:06 PM

He is a retard

I might be a retard but remember my words when Blocknet goes under ITO price and stays there  Smiley

#mikeisconfirmedretard

Not before it goes far beyond ITO price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: