Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:33:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103258 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 07:23:13 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 07:39:58 PM by synechist

The above post contains a clear error of reasoning.

Its author claims that if you use something for gain, then it would be wrong to be degrading toward that something.

But it is a perfectly correct thing to do if the thing in question is, in fact, deplorable.

For example, imagine soliciting charitable donations from the people running a concentration camp.
- Are the donations good? Yes.
- Are at least some of the people good? Yes one must allow for that.
- Is the camp a moral catastrophe? Yes.

You're correct that I have "no problem using this forum for the good that it brings [me]."
I also have no problem calling it pile of filth overrun by poop 'n scoop scammers, and no place for constructive conversation.

I call on all the good people here, and those who've supported us, to join us on Slack when Infinitechaos posts the invitation.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 07:55:27 PM

Almost ready with the Slack here...recovering from the flu so it's taken a tad longer than I'd hoped.

I want to maintain a private group of verified holders of Blocknet tokens on Slack.

So I seek input as to what amount of tokens should be set as the barrier to entry.

1000 tokens has been proposed by a few XC supporters.

This would represent an approximate contribution of $100 USD to the ITO.

Now's your time to give your input!

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:08:21 PM

The above post contains a clear error of reasoning.

Its author claims that if you use something for gain, then it would be wrong to be degrading toward that something.

But it is a perfectly correct thing to do if the thing in question is, in fact, deplorable.

For example, imagine soliciting charitable donations from the people running a concentration camp.
- Are the donations good? Yes.
- Are at least some of the people good? Yes one must allow for that.
- Is the camp a moral catastrophe? Yes.

You're correct that I have "no problem using this forum for the good that it brings [me]."
I also have no problem calling it pile of filth overrun by poop 'n scoop scammers, and no place for constructive conversation.

I call on all the good people here, and those who've supported us, to join us on Slack when Infinitechaos posts the invitation.

See ya.

I guess there will be no reason for you to make any further posts on this forum then.

Good luck with your project.

Edit: 

I'm sure that many people will find your comparison of a concentration camp to this forum offensive.  But I doubt you even care.

AikiRon

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:15:45 PM

Almost ready with the Slack here...recovering from the flu so it's taken a tad longer than I'd hoped.

I want to maintain a private group of verified holders of Blocknet tokens on Slack.

So I seek input as to what amount of tokens should be set as the barrier to entry.

Why should there be an entry barrier based on the amount of tokens owned? Am I any less a supporter of the blocknet because I own less than 1000 tokens? Is my voice somehow less relevant? Setting a barrier to entry based on the number of tokens owned (creating a blocknet elite of haves while excluding the "have not so manys") flies in the face of the whole cryptocurrency movement. It's crap.
infinitechaos

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:18:21 PM

@everyone

Say what you will about Blocknet moving from this forum to Slack, but the fact of the matter is that Slack is, hands-down, a much better platform than this forum.

Have you tried it? Believe me, it's awesome. This forum is technologically outdated. There's nothing wrong with transitioning to a superior platform.

All are welcome to move with us to Slack.

It is a community-driven initiative and it will be community-moderated.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
infinitechaos

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:24:13 PM

Why should there be an entry barrier based on the amount of tokens owned? Am I any less a supporter of the blocknet because I own less than 1000 tokens? Is my voice somehow less relevant? Setting a barrier to entry based on the number of tokens owned flies in the face of the whole cryptocurrency movement. It's crap.

Perhaps you misunderstood.

Allow me to clarify.

There will never be any barrier to entry to the Slack chat. Anyone is welcome to register for Slack and to follow the activity taking place there.

My intention is to create a private group within the Slack chat for verified holders of a set amount of tokens.

I think that both the supporters/investors and the Blocknet developers would value having such a space where everyone has a verified vested interest in the project.

However, you are right that this would precipitate the unfortunate scenario where some token holders would not be invited to the private group within the public Slack chat.

And that is why I am asking for input.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
AikiRon

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:42:12 PM

Why should there be an entry barrier based on the amount of tokens owned? Am I any less a supporter of the blocknet because I own less than 1000 tokens? Is my voice somehow less relevant? Setting a barrier to entry based on the number of tokens owned flies in the face of the whole cryptocurrency movement. It's crap.

Allow me to clarify.

There will never be any barrier to entry to the Slack chat. Anyone is welcome to register for Slack and to follow the activity taking place there.

My intention is to create a private group within the Slack chat for verified holders of a set amount of tokens.

I think that both the supporters/investors and the Blocknet developers would value having such a space where everyone has a verified vested interest in the project.

However, you are right that this would precipitate the unfortunate scenario where some token holders would not be invited to the private group within the public Slack chat.

Ok. I understand. I'm sure you have considered how the existence of a private group within the larger group appears exclusionary and how that just might not resonate well with the the excluded "have not so manys". How long will it take for the private group to begin to exert itself in the matter of policy decisions? It's like the current structure of publicly held corporations where the elitist boards of directors get to call the shots while the regular shareholders lack any real say (by and large, granting the occasional exception) in how the company is run.

As soon as you create an arbitrary line between "us" and "them" you begin to descend a slippery slope.
4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:45:58 PM

Allow me to clarify.

Yes, I agree that 1,000 BLOCK should be the cutoff for the private group.  Even with 1000 tokens, that still allows the top 173 holders into the group.  That is my vote.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:47:29 PM

Do you see Maidsafe or Bitshares with a heavy presence on this forum? No.

This subforum is over-run by trolls. It's not a professional or productive environment to host our "base discussion".

95% of the people that regularly posted and supported BLock/XC here have zero problem with Slack.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

So what's the deal with BLOCK? havent been around for a while and just checking in??

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

infinitechaos

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 09:27:01 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 10:01:44 PM by infinitechaos

Ok. I understand. I'm sure you have considered how the existence of a private group within the larger group appears exclusionary and how that just might not resonate well with the the excluded "have not so manys". How long will it take for the private group to begin to exert itself in the matter of policy decisions? It's like the current structure of publicly held corporations where the elitist boards of directors get to call the shots while the regular shareholders lack any real say (by and large, granting the occasional exception) in how the company is run.

As soon as you create an arbitrary line between "us" and "them" you begin to descend a slippery slope.

Your input has been duly noted.

For the record, my intention is not to have the private group evolve into something that could influence the decisions made by the Blocknet Foundation "behind closed doors" per se.

In fact, I'd like to think that this would be very difficult to execute, given the fact that Slack will be community-moderated. It is my hope that, due to the quantity and wide range of vested interests of the community moderators, if questionable behavior were to emerge in the private group that it would be addressed, dealt with, and squashed before making any real impact.

Also, the amount I have proposed, 1000 tokens, is hardly an elitist quantity in my opinion. This amount makes the private group accessible to almost everyone who holds tokens. 1000 tokens today can be obtained for ~$50 USD. It's enough to deter those who only wish to detract, but not so much that it could be considered an elitist entry.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:14:09 PM

Also, the amount I have proposed, 1000 tokens, is hardly an elitist quantity in my opinion. This amount makes the private group accessible to almost everyone who holds tokens. 1000 tokens today can be obtained for ~$50 USD. It's enough to deter those who only wish to detract, but not so much that it could be considered an elitist entry.

Also if the price were to rise, the amount of BLOCK needed can always be lowered.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 10:48:27 PM

I would validate my blocknet address, but would not support sending additional funds to the ITO, which is what I think you mean, or do I set a new wallet some where with 1000 blocks I never touch?

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:07:01 PM

I would validate my blocknet address, but would not support sending additional funds to the ITO, which is what I think you mean, or do I set a new wallet some where with 1000 blocks I never touch?

Hey,

You don't have to send any additional funds to the ITO.

All you have to do is sign a message from your BLOCK address to prove you have over 1000 BLOCK.

You could create another address in your Blocknet wallet and send 1000 BLOCK to that address if you wish.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 11:07:18 PM

You'd not pay the coins to anyone. You'd just sign a message using the private key associated with the address the coins are at.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
infinitechaos

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:13:10 PM

No additional funds will be contributed to the ITO. That is not what I meant.

What I meant was that 1000 tokens at the time of the ITO would have been valued at approximately $100 USD. It was simply a means for comparison.

The process of verifying your ownership of 1000 tokens entails you opening your wallet, going to File-->Sign Message, filling out that form, and then providing the signature key that your wallet generates on the registration form that I will be posting soon.

The registration form will also contain a screenshot of the 'Sign Message' window so that you all will know exactly what to do.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:23:21 PM

No additional funds will be contributed to the ITO. That is not what I meant.

What I meant was that 1000 tokens at the time of the ITO would have been valued at approximately $100 USD. It was simply a means for comparison.

The process of verifying your ownership of 1000 tokens entails you opening your wallet, going to File-->Sign Message, filling out that form, and then providing the signature key that your wallet generates on the registration form that I will be posting soon.

The registration form will also contain a screenshot of the 'Sign Message' window so that you all will know exactly what to do.

OK, that's no problem. I'm just thinking you could buy 1000, sign up and then sell, which I guess is not an issue. If you are not professional and sincere with your actions, you can always be removed. I was just wondering why you would even require the block quote when you wouldn't really enforce those block be frozen after you signed up? I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get into an areas with like minded folks that wish only the best for this tech and to engage in healthy constructive conversation. I signed up on slack and it looks pretty cool.

infinitechaos

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:47:44 PM

OK, that's no problem. I'm just thinking you could buy 1000, sign up and then sell, which I guess is not an issue. If you are not professional and sincere with your actions, you can always be removed. I was just wondering why you would even require the block quote when you wouldn't really enforce those block be frozen after you signed up? I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get into an areas with like minded folks that wish only the best for this tech and to engage in healthy constructive conversation. I signed up on slack and it looks pretty cool.

I have a spreadsheet set up that allows the moderators to easily monitor balances of verified addresses.

Thus, if someone does as you say and buys 1000 tokens to get into the private group and then sells those tokens, I and the other moderators will notice and remove that person from the private group.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
infinitechaos

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 11:50:59 PM

At last, here is the Blocknet Slack Registration Form!

http://goo.gl/forms/UkViMl2fKn

You may begin submitting your registrations, but I will not begin inviting people until later this evening.

I need to have dinner first and also get the moderators who have come forth set up with admin permissions before inviting people.

Spread this to all of your companions interested in following Blocknet.

Here's to migrating to a much better platform!  Grin

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 12:31:40 AM

I have a spreadsheet set up that allows the moderators to easily monitor balances of verified addresses.

Thus, if someone does as you say and buys 1000 tokens to get into the private group and then sells those tokens, I and the other moderators will notice and remove that person from the private group.

Works for me!

Pages: « 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 [266] 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: