Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103256 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MiningMinion

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:28:41 AM

Guess I will try with my cellie to see if I like it better, still a shame it has to come to this crap though!  Being involved with numerous coins and projects, the thought of having have dozens and dozens of account to stay apprised on projects I am invested in makes my head hurt!

it's a shame.  It's harder for noobs to get access updated info for XC and Blocknet as it's an extra effort for them to sign up to slack.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 08:30:35 AM

Guess I will try with my cellie to see if I like it better, still a shame it has to come to this crap though!  Being involved with numerous coins and projects, the thought of having have dozens and dozens of account to stay apprised on projects I am invested in makes my head hurt!

it's a shame.  It's harder for noobs to get access updated info for XC and Blocknet as it's an extra effort for them to sign up to slack.

Yeah it's lamentable that the state of discourse on Bitcointalk has stooped to unsustainable levels.

On the other hand, Slack does such a good job that perhaps it's for the best that forces conspired to get us to leave Bitcointalk. It's a really great platform for communication.

We'll maintain an announcements-only thread here btw, so those who want to keep abreast of official developments can continue to do so here.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 08:51:14 AM

It's funny, I look at stuff like this and think of it as being a step to centralizing decentralized crypto currencies.  That is essentially what this is doing right......putting control of the convo into the hands of a single small group of people.  I am not really knocking what you guys are doing with Slack, I see there was little choice....but it sucks none the less. 

With all this craziness in crypto continuing to spiral more and more out of control, is what is going to force centralization of this technology and regulation/control by the governments.  I think this tech is inevitable and unstoppable, but it is NOT uncontrollable!  Fact of the matter the tech can't survive without it.....as people, we are some scandalous and shameful beings who NEED to be under control.

For me it has been hard enough trying to keep up with just this one thread.....and maintain my "other" life:-)  It was sure nice though being able to somewhat keep up with many project all in this single spot, have kinda seen the downfall of this forum since I started with all of this 6 months or so ago.  It's the damn selfish scam artists and immature idiots that have been slowly killing this place and it continues to get worse everyday.

It's sad people cannot act like civil human beings without a gun to their head forcing them to do so:-(  Let us act like fools, and we act like fools....let us rip each other off and oh boy.....open season on the suckers or less intelligent.  That is exactly what all the fudders, liars and story tellers about here are doing every single minute of every single day.......spreading their bullshit to sway money out of other people's pockets into their own.  It is downright fucking disgusting!!

Anyway, it' all good guys.....been supporter of XC and Block and have been since the beginning......that ain't gonna change:-) 
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 01:11:19 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2014, 01:48:33 AM by infinitechaos

Not to be a party pooper but personally I think this Slack thing is a PITA to try and keep up with things.......no notifications of new posts etc..  Maybe it's just me but I don't like it so now I have no idea what is going on.  Yes, I did join both groups and did verify my 1k holdings for each.....but it is much more of a pain to keep apprised with things than it is here......I don't know why people say it is a better platform, sure less fud going on in there but it is NOT user friendly like this forum, it doesn't alert you to new information via email like this forum and trying to find info is more difficult as well......I absolutely hate what this forum has become with all the fud, just as much as the next guy but I personally don't like this as an alternative anymore.

Hi IMJim!

It sounds like you could benefit from tweaking your notifications preferences a little bit.

You can choose to receive daily email summaries of what happened in Slack or, if you have a mobile with the Slack app on it, you can receive notifications directly to your mobile. You can set it such that you receive notifications for every single post, for only posts that mention you, for posts that mention specific keywords that you specify, posts in specific channels, posts that were directed at the entire group, etc. There are quite a few options so I hope that you can find something that works for you.

Once progress is afoot again, I plan to keep #announcements full of the latest news regarding progress so that busy folks can open up Slack whenever they have time and get the latest run down by just checking one channel. But for the time being, we are awaiting the next announcement from the team so that channel is pretty much empty.

I am available to answer specific questions you might have about using Slack to best fit your needs. It is a pretty amazing platform that can certainly meet most of our needs, but a learning curve is certainly to be expected at first. So please don't hesitate to reach out if you have specific questions as to how we can make Slack best work for you.

With regards to centralizing the conversation regarding a decentralized cryptocurrency, I'm not sure I see how Slack is more centralized than Bitcointalk considering that this forum has served as a one-stop-shop for all cryptocurrencies for quite some time now.

My hope with Slack is that it continues to be a platform that is accessible to anyone and that allows anyone to participate in the conversation. I am happy to report that I have yet to need to delete a post in either the XC or Blocknet Slack teams. Conversation has been unabridged and open to anyone.

For your information, if at any point in the future any other projects you follow migrate to Slack, you can be logged in to several Slack teams at once and switch between them seamlessly just as you switch between tabs in a browser. It's pretty slick.

Again, please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. I'm here to facilitate a better, more productive space for all of us.

This is what the Mac app looks like. Notice the tabs on the left that allow seamless switching between 'teams'.

This is what the Android app looks like. Notice that you can easily switch between teams and that you can go right to your 'Recent Mentions'. In Slack there is a @group, @channel, and @everyone command. As development progresses and there are things to announce more frequently, we will be using these commands more frequently. So, for example, when the team releases the finalized XBridge protocol we will want to tell everyone so I will make a post that says something like '@everyone: Here is the link to the finalized XBridge protocol' and everyone in Blocknet Slack will get a notification according to their settings, but at the very least you will be able to go to 'Recent Mentions' and find that post right away.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 02:01:53 AM

DAMN dude!  Thank you so much for taking the time to post all that info man......REALLY kind of you!!  Will respond to your offer for assistance on Slack.  Really just need help setting up the Email notification, a daily update would suit me just fine.  Want to try to avoid using the mobile app cause I sit in front of my pc all day with big beautiful monitors:-)  As much as I love my smartphone I still hate doing things on it that I can do on my regular computer!

Thanks again man!!!
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 05:59:09 PM

Why not just post a list of fudders in the Op for people to add to their ignore list? Seems this would be easier and less hassle for everyone than completely moving to slack. I think having a separate forum just for devs and holders to discuss things without interruption from idiots is a great idea but this is throwing the baby out with the bath water.
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 11:49:52 PM

Why not just post a list of fudders in the Op for people to add to their ignore list? Seems this would be easier and less hassle for everyone than completely moving to slack. I think having a separate forum just for devs and holders to discuss things without interruption from idiots is a great idea but this is throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Any official announcements or updates will still be posted here. Slack is simply better for day to day discussion.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
infinitechaos

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:24:49 AM

Any official announcements or updates will still be posted here. Slack is simply better for day to day discussion.

This, and I encourage you to check out Slack and see what it has to offer.

I am confident that you will find that it is a much better platform that affords us features not found here on this forum. It would be silly of us to not use it in some fashion.

We have a MarketBot that pulls data from the exchange APIs in real-time. We will soon have a TipBot and several additional features are in the works.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:37:35 PM

Slack is so badass.  If you haven't ever used it or are contemplating on whether to use it or not, do it.  It's the best chat currently out there and their mobile app is better than any others I've tried, and I've run through a lot of them.
Dungor

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:09:25 PM

Slack is so badass.  If you haven't ever used it or are contemplating on whether to use it or not, do it.  It's the best chat currently out there and their mobile app is better than any others I've tried, and I've run through a lot of them.

If it was p2p anon it would be perfect Wink

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
Cryptosis

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 05:37:19 AM

Sweet thanks guys I was on the fence about trying it out but I looked it up and it does seem
Pretty bad ass. I've used irc since '98 era and it seems this might be the first real solid replacement and step up I've seen to date. The forum platform is just really old and outdated I hate the constant refreshing to check new posts but somehow I always come back lol
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 01:19:00 PM

is there going to be a christmas sale on block?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:21:17 PM

is there going to be a christmas sale on block?

[/img]

Yup. Half price.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
infinitechaos

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 04:17:05 PM

Sweet thanks guys I was on the fence about trying it out but I looked it up and it does seem
Pretty bad ass. I've used irc since '98 era and it seems this might be the first real solid replacement and step up I've seen to date. The forum platform is just really old and outdated I hate the constant refreshing to check new posts but somehow I always come back lol

If you're really accustomed to IRC and want to use IRC to port into Slack, let me know.

There is an integration available for doing that, I just haven't set it up yet because I wasn't sure anyone would use it.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:08:48 PM

"BTC funds will be held at the following multisig address in a BitGo wallet: 39mtqLhmPQ8WEpzFCBNHpwPvxFgFPuSDye"

WHERE DID ALL THE BTC GO?  Angry
infinitechaos

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:10:24 PM

"BTC funds will be held at the following multisig address in a BitGo wallet: 39mtqLhmPQ8WEpzFCBNHpwPvxFgFPuSDye"

A payment of 20.269 BTC was made according to what was decided at the latest board meeting:

http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/Record_of_Accounts

The remaining 232.10132183 BTC is in what I assume to be a change address at https://blockchain.info/address/3PwuphgYLehfLMPYjbp5y7tBXS6kr2c3NT.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
undergroundgeek

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:31:11 AM

A payment of 20.269 BTC was made according to what was decided at the latest board meeting:

The remaining 232.10132183 BTC is in what I assume to be a change address at https://blockchain.info/address/3PwuphgYLehfLMPYjbp5y7tBXS6kr2c3NT.

Maybe my maths are just being to simple, but shouldn't the balance be somewhere around 917 BTC?
infinitechaos

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:17:43 AM

Maybe my maths are just being to simple, but shouldn't the balance be somewhere around 917 BTC?

It is my understanding that these are the addresses where all of the coins collected during the ITO are being stored:

http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/Addresses_of_Blocknet_Assets

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
richwang

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 01:51:44 PM

What happened to the OP?

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 02:00:49 PM

What happened to the OP?
Way behind schedule....nothing after ITO SUCCESS 11/10/2014  Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: