Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:55:15 PM

Will the XC forum be back online?  There was a lot of info there which would be helpful for investors.

Nope, block has its own thread on slack. Probably closing this thread down.

Interesting that information is being deleted or is becoming unaccessible altogether.  You sure know how to inspire investors.  Wink

You say inaccessible which is a lie.

Please do tell...how do we access the XC forums?
On slack, I setup my slack last night and it's a huge leap forward in tech compared to this 90's era forum. I'm gonna be setting up the port for IRC tonight, thanks infinitechaos for helping your truly a good guy!

How does this address my question?  I wasn't asking about Slack or btctalk.
drakoin

Activity: 826

see my profile

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:51:50 PM

When you were planning development budget of 850 BTC, bitcoin price was lower. On top of that, you have collected more than what you need to develop the BlockNet. Therefore, you should have excess funds that you could use for the buyback and support the price. Why don't you spend 100 BTC or so on the buyback?
Update: BTC funds will be held at the following multisig address in a BitGo wallet: 39mtqLhmPQ8WEpzFCBNHpwPvxFgFPuSDye
That is 364.38012183 BTC ~ 150 thousand USD.
Have you considered to sacrifice (bittrex 7.8 + poloniex 3.6 + bter dust) / total =
only 3% of your immense gains, to stabilize the trading back to ICO prices?
That would immediately stop a lot of complaints.
You believe in your project? Then buy up some of your coins, for cheap.
EDIT: And you probably need less BTC, once the market understands that the trend towards 0 Satioshi is reversed.
A buy wall is actually something we've considered cursorily.
It's not a bad idea -  and neither is it a bad idea for the Foundation to be invested in BLOCK.
We'll let you all know if we decide to do this. It makes a degree of sense.
(Hint: might wanna avoid selling at a loss until we respond to this...)
It won't need 100 BTC. Because a (slow slow slow!) rally upwards just needs to be triggered and supported, and then other market participants will join in. Be clever, think willy bot.
Facts:
13.97 BTC = Poloniex sell orders until 25000
7.0672 BTC = Bittrex sell orders until 25000
~0.2 BTC = Bter sell orders until 25000
----------
21.2 BTC
that is 5.8% of the ICO, last week it was only 3%.
So the buyback has become more expensive now, i.e. more people are loosing trust, plus low buy price allows for gains already below 25000. "The" price is starting to settle around half-ICO. Not what you want.
If you had acted when I suggested it, you would have saved yourself 9.6 BTC, for the same action. Consider to tip me 10% of that, for my good ideas  Grin
[BLOCK] Bn3gKj1BKit8YKr5WrFE6BENtEGhuHcQyk  
BTC 15i31jzNpiUZ1Ni4QTvJsVuZ196Ghv175m
 Cheesy

EDIT: Thx for the small tip, well appreciated. And yes, the sooner this is settled, the earlier this most important change will happen:
Can we get back to BlockNET  Roll Eyes
i think thats true. you should spend it for rise nearly ico price. its 21BTC or 25 BTC. if you dont believe your own coin, why people trust ?

Update of the numbers, not 100%, because of partly hidden orderbooks, but still ...

1.76 BTC = Poloniex sell orders until 24999
4.42 BTC = Bittrex sell orders until 24400
0.07 BTC = Bter sell orders until 23995
----------
6.25 BTC - that is a ridiculous 1.7% of your ICO wealth.

So ... how much DO you believe in your own coin?

no sign of a signature
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:18:56 PM

Update of the numbers, not 100%, because of partly hidden orderbooks, but still ...

----------

So you mean that if a team believes in their coin they ought to divert money from development to invest in price manipulation?

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
sugarboy321

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:06:46 AM

Will the XC forum be back online?  There was a lot of info there which would be helpful for investors.

Interesting that information is being deleted or is becoming unaccessible altogether.  You sure know how to inspire investors.  Wink

On slack, I setup my slack last night and it's a huge leap forward in tech compared to this 90's era forum. I'm gonna be setting up the port for IRC tonight, thanks infinitechaos for helping your truly a good guy!

Your quote "Please do tell...how do we access the XC forums?."

The XC forums are accessible thou Slack.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:24:05 AM

I have not yet verified that this is the case but why would a company looking for users/investors make them jump thru hoops for info?  Making things difficult for what reason?
sugarboy321

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:35:20 AM

How does this address my question?  I wasn't asking about Slack or btctalk.

I have not yet verified that this is the case but why would a company looking for users/investors make them jump thru hoops for info?  Making things difficult for what reason?

Is it so difficult to sign up? No it is not. They moved to slack because they wish to continue their work in peace.  

As far as looking for investors? They do not really need them. XC and Blocknet will be completed regardless of price.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:04:10 AM

any ideas on why the XC thread got locked?
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:23:32 AM

Who locked the thread only knows the reason.
sugarboy321

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 03:31:05 AM

A FUD free thread? Sign me up...
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 08:03:58 AM

A FUD free thread? Sign me up...

Discussion was moved to slack.  And the FUD doesn't exist...it's pleasant!

For what might seem like incomprehensible reasons to the BTCtalk community, some people really would like for the team(s) to work in peace and not have to worry about posts here.

As it should be.  I still think Dan is one of the best devs here...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
drakoin

Activity: 826

see my profile

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:36:51 PM

----------

So you mean that if a team believes in their coin they ought to divert money from development to invest in price manipulation?

Yes ... actually. But why negatively ... rather call that positively an INVESTOR PROTECTION.

I don't know why you started with cryptos ... but considerable parts of this scene are now worse than the banksters against whom this revolutionary new technology set off to protect us.  
And crypto ICO/IPO/ITOs seem to have become the new scam scheme to make a tiny group very rich, by making many many people poorer.

What I am talking about is not a worsening ("manipulation") but an improvement ("protection") of the situation, and it only needs to happen in the first ~3 weeks after an ICO/IPO/ITO. And as you can see in his answer and in my former posts about this, the people behind this coin were actually considering it. Good. I would like an update on that now.   But think for yourself - perhaps I am wrong with this suggestion, then find the flaw please.  So: What are the ingredients of my thinking?

• ICO/IPO/ITO s have become a terrible trap in the past months ...
  • ... often because usually one (only very small) group panics, and immediately sells, at a loss.
  • Understandable, because there is a lot of scam in cryptos, and you never know for sure until after the big-dump-without-recovery. Then it's bagholding for life, or selling at a huge loss.
  • To buy at 25000, and the next day sell at 18000 might look irrational, at first...
  • ...but look at it now: Those few who immediately dumped their BLOCK at a loss, were the only rational people. Everyone who hodled was not. Sell at 18000 buy back at 12000 - isn't that rationality?
  • That immediate minidump to far below ICO prices ... happened before a good buy support had started to build up. Clearly, in the first days how can there be buy support? - Most of the people interested in the coin have already invested - into the ICO.

It's all so easy to understand. And thus, there is a supereasy way out ... to protect the value, support, trust, good atmosphere among the vast majority of the investors ... and it takes only a tiny little minuscule abstinence from greed. Sharing is caring.

Look at the example of BLOCK: To protect 98.3%, you now only need 1.7%. Only 1.7% of the IPO money will get the price back up.

The makers of this software here were trusted with 364 BTC. It would have been an easy act of pure cold-blooded cleverness (or call it team spirit, or even altruism, or business manners), to re-invest 3% of that, directly after the IPO, into stabilizing the price.  (And a lot of the fudding would not have happened, by the way).

And all this is rational for the ICO organizers, because with a rising price they can then later sell what they bought ...

... during the INVESTOR PROTECTION WEEKS  - every I(CPT)O should have IPW(tm)
(... I invent that term now ... could that actually become a paid service?, contact me for details! ... I just locked it into the blockchain, to prove it was me :-) )

Anyways ... is all of the above ... just wrong? Then please help me to understand the flaw in my thinking.

Last but not least, there is another spin on this ... not my words:  "neither is it a bad idea for the Foundation to be invested in BLOCK"

Enjoy your weekend!

Feel free to tip me

no sign of a signature
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 02:27:51 PM

----------

Yes ... actually. But why negatively ... rather call that positively an INVESTOR PROTECTION.

I don't know why you started with cryptos ... but considerable parts of this scene are now worse than the banksters against whom this revolutionary new technology set off to protect us.  
And crypto ICO/IPO/ITOs seem to have become the new scam scheme to make a tiny group very rich, by making many many people poorer.

What I am talking about is not a worsening ("manipulation") but an improvement ("protection") of the situation, and it only needs to happen in the first ~3 weeks after an ICO/IPO/ITO. And as you can see in his answer and in my former posts about this, the people behind this coin were actually considering it. Good. I would like an update on that now.   But think for yourself - perhaps I am wrong with this suggestion, then find the flaw please.  So: What are the ingredients of my thinking?

• ICO/IPO/ITO s have become a terrible trap in the past months ...
  • ... often because usually one (only very small) group panics, and immediately sells, at a loss.
  • Understandable, because there is a lot of scam in cryptos, and you never know for sure until after the big-dump-without-recovery. Then it's bagholding for life, or selling at a huge loss.
  • To buy at 25000, and the next day sell at 18000 might look irrational, at first...
  • ...but look at it now: Those few who immediately dumped their BLOCK at a loss, were the only rational people. Everyone who hodled was not. Sell at 18000 buy back at 12000 - isn't that rationality?
  • That immediate minidump to far below ICO prices ... happened before a good buy support had started to build up. Clearly, in the first days how can there be buy support? - Most of the people interested in the coin have already invested - into the ICO.

It's all so easy to understand. And thus, there is a supereasy way out ... to protect the value, support, trust, good atmosphere among the vast majority of the investors ... and it takes only a tiny little minuscule abstinence from greed. Sharing is caring.

Look at the example of BLOCK: To protect 98.3%, you now only need 1.7%. Only 1.7% of the IPO money will get the price back up.

The makers of this software here were trusted with 364 BTC. It would have been an easy act of pure cold-blooded cleverness (or call it team spirit, or even altruism, or business manners), to re-invest 3% of that, directly after the IPO, into stabilizing the price.  (And a lot of the fudding would not have happened, by the way).

And all this is rational for the ICO organizers, because with a rising price they can then later sell what they bought ...

... during the INVESTOR PROTECTION WEEKS  - every I(CPT)O should have IPW(tm)
(... I invent that term now ... could that actually become a paid service?, contact me for details! ... I just locked it into the blockchain, to prove it was me :-) )

Anyways ... is all of the above ... just wrong? Then please help me to understand the flaw in my thinking.

Last but not least, there is another spin on this ... not my words:  "neither is it a bad idea for the Foundation to be invested in BLOCK"

Enjoy your weekend!

Feel free to tip me

The ITO money was for development not to artificially support the current price.
Imo the goal of block is and should be tech, not just an (or partly) investment vehicle and use btc/block to manipulate the price.
Any calculation about how many % of the ITO is needed to bring the price back is imo invalid because its just a single moment in time. If they do this one time the price will correct the second after without a commitment to keep investing after that.
The current value is exactly what it should be, a reflection of the value of the tech delivered atm. Considering the only thing we have at the moment is a prototype i would say your block investment is looking solid.

All your reasons concerning motivation are valid but a team member can only express this by investing there personal funds or by accepting payment partly in block.
Only after there is profit the Block team could use that part of the balance to increase the team holdings as long as that will not risk any part of the continuity of the whole.

Let the market decide the day to day value, let the team concentrate on tech.
So: Create value, support, trust and a good atmosphere among the vast majority of the investors by doing what they set out to do and those investors agreed on when the bought in.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 05:50:50 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2014, 06:34:39 AM by infinitechaos

I have not yet verified that this is the case but why would a company looking for users/investors make them jump thru hoops for info?  Making things difficult for what reason?

I'm sorry you consider providing your email address on a registration form to be a 'hoop to jump through'. And as it's been said countless times already, all important information will be publicized in several places, including here.

As it turns out, however, the primary target market for this technology is much bigger than these forums.

Thus, it is not nearly a primary concern that the dwellers of this forum be given any sort of priority when it comes to information or marketing focus regarding this project.

These forums collectively ostracized this project and XC. Those who found out about Blocknet/XC on these forums and perhaps contributed/invested funds have been more than willing to sign up for Slack and participate.

To those who are still here and are not willing to come to Slack, you do not matter. There are big enterprises out there in need of technology like this. You are here looking to make a quick buck.

You represent such a tiny percentage of the target market for this technology, such that you are significantly insignificant.

Contemplate that for awhile.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
December 20, 2014, 09:48:48 PM

To those who are still here and are not willing to come to Slack, you do not matter. There are big enterprises out there in need of technology like this. You are here looking to make a quick buck.

You represent such a tiny percentage of the target market for this technology, such that you are significantly insignificant.

Attaboy. Keep pissing those potential investors off. LOL.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
friendfromnobody

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 02:46:21 AM

i see this on bittrex .

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on December 26th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

its from UTIL.
its a coin from blocknet and it will be removed??
not good news for blocknet.
infinitechaos

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 03:34:27 AM

Attaboy. Keep pissing those potential investors off. LOL.

I think maybe you misunderstood.

If you fit the demographic to whom the above portion of my post was addressed, you are not a potential investor.

Additionally, consider the fact that this project has already been funded. The part of this process where investors are sought has long passed. If you are an investor or are considering purchasing someone else's investment, then you will have no problem joining Slack. It's really quite simple.

You have no ground upon which to assert that this project is obligated to interact with this forum. Investors and interested parties are on Slack. Period.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
sugarboy321

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 05:20:28 PM

i see this on bittrex .

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on December 26th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

its from UTIL.
its a coin from blocknet and it will be removed??
not good news for blocknet.

If it is removed, so be it.

It will not affect blocknet.
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 07:46:22 PM

I'm sorry you consider providing your email address on a registration form to be a 'hoop to jump through'. And as it's been said countless times already, all important information will be publicized in several places, including here.

As it turns out, however, the primary target market for this technology is much bigger than these forums.

Thus, it is not nearly a primary concern that the dwellers of this forum be given any sort of priority when it comes to information or marketing focus regarding this project.

These forums collectively ostracized this project and XC. Those who found out about Blocknet/XC on these forums and perhaps contributed/invested funds have been more than willing to sign up for Slack and participate.

OK, so I contemplated it.

Big enterprises need tech like this, yet we are the ones approached to "invest" in this project?

And then the dev's want to run away from the very place they found the BTC to fund their project? Because we are now insignificant? Surplus to requirements once relieved of our BTC?

I won't be joining slack. I've seen the XC thread become moderated, then locked, moved to a forum no-one bothers with, and now talk of even that being abandoned. There's fuck all wrong with this forum if you have nothing to hide. The very idea of a fud free forum is ridiculous, what constitutes fud? An opinion? A concern? An allegation? We saw some allegations on the XC thread about Jasinlee and plenty of people called it fud, and look what happened:
http://www.coindesk.com/florida-group-faces-fraud-charges-alleged-altcoin-pump-dump/

There's no smoke without fire.
sugarboy321

View Profile
December 21, 2014, 11:04:18 PM

Big enterprises need tech like this, yet we are the ones approached to "invest" in this project?

And then the dev's want to run away from the very place they found the BTC to fund their project? Because we are now insignificant? Surplus to requirements once relieved of our BTC?

I won't be joining slack. I've seen the XC thread become moderated, then locked, moved to a forum no-one bothers with, and now talk of even that being abandoned. There's fuck all wrong with this forum if you have nothing to hide. The very idea of a fud free forum is ridiculous, what constitutes fud? An opinion? A concern? An allegation? We saw some allegations on the XC thread about Jasinlee and plenty of people called it fud, and look what happened:
http://www.coindesk.com/florida-group-faces-fraud-charges-alleged-altcoin-pump-dump/

Lol, who are you talking to? All the real investors have moved to Slack.
infinitechaos

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:28:53 AM

I won't be joining slack. I've seen the XC thread become moderated, then locked, moved to a forum no-one bothers with, and now talk of even that being abandoned. There's fuck all wrong with this forum if you have nothing to hide. The very idea of a fud free forum is ridiculous, what constitutes fud? An opinion? A concern? An allegation?

I am not a dev or affiliated with Blocknet in any official capacity, so please take that into consideration here.

With that said, please, spare us the empty rhetoric. It's pathetic.

The Blocknet ITO was promoted via several mediums and participation was open to anyone with BTC or participating altcoins. Thus, the demographic of participants in the ITO cannot be defined as users of this forum. Believe it or not, this place is not the epicenter of the crypto universe that many of you think it is.

Quite frankly, this forum as a platform sucks. It's terribly outdated and Slack is undoubtedly superior. There's a reason that people are flocking to that platform and it's not because everyone's got something to hide or lusts for a "FUD-free" forum. It's because it's fucking awesome.

Anyone who is on Slack will tell you that opinions, constructive criticism, and concerns have all been welcomed into the discussion in a productive manner. I have not yet deleted a single post. We've even discussed the unfortunate Jasinlee saga. And guess what? It's still not relevant to XC or Blocknet.

You see, Slack separates the legitimates from the illegitimates, the significants from the insignificants. Here on this forum, the illegitimates and the insignificants run rampant knowing their shenanigans will never be moderated. This platform doesn't allow for it. Slack, on the other hand, is moderated by members of the community and provides us with the tools we need to keep the discussion productive. The illegitimates know this and don't bother to join. The legitimates are jumping for joy because now there is a platform we can use to effectively discuss all aspects of the project and where we can interact with the team and each other on a personal level.

This forum has one advantage and one advantage only: most anything that is going on in crypto is represented here in some capacity. And this is why important info will still be posted here for all the one-stop-shoppers to see.

But the bottom line is that this platform doesn't cut it as primary platform for serious crypto projects. All the big projects have Slack teams.

To anyone here bitching about Slack, your motives are clear. Your poor attempts at taking the position of the investor detached from information about his investment are pathetic. You are but lowly provocateurs.

To anyone with a legitimate interest in Blocknet, you will want to register if you haven't already. I guarantee you won't regret it. The discussion is unabridged and productive and the latest information is readily available directly from the source.

http://goo.gl/forms/UkViMl2fKn

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Pages: « 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: